BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I have real deal, KAC M16 rails I acquired. Probably enough for 3 or 4 rifles. They need a home.

They were in the garbage pile when a unit near mine shut down. They were actually going to throw them away!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vague:

You know what you need to do. Why don't you just climb onboard the bus drive on in with the winning team?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246790/776htq_jpg-3172334.JPG

I have real deal, KAC M16 rails I acquired. Probably enough for 3 or 4 rifles. They need a home.

They were in the garbage pile when a unit near mine shut down. They were actually going to throw them away!

I had a similar experience. There were also KAC M4 rails in the pile.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
No AR collection is complete without a 20" A1 retro and a 20" of and A2 or A4 flavor.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

View Quote

Those got picked clean. I was on a mission from my XO to square up our books and that unit had laid everything out with some scheduled for trash.

Needless to say, our arms room and motorpool was 100% on BII after that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I want an iron-sighted 20"
View Quote

My favorite rifle to shoot is 20" with just irons and A2 furniture.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.......you need at least one retro 20 inch barreled rifle, one 16 inch retro, one A2 in 20 inch and one 16 inch M4gery.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Yes, you do. You need all the things.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

I've been thinking; I need a bayonet too....

Yes, you do. You need all the things.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:

View Quote

The last rifle qual I did before I got out I shot an M16A4 with irons.

We had sent our rifles ahead to Korea and we didn't have enough M4s in the arms room at HHC for everyone to qualify, so I asked if they had any M16s. The armorer said yes, so I asked for that one.

40/40
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Those got picked clean. I was on a mission from my XO to square up our books and that unit had laid everything out with some scheduled for trash.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Like a gift from God.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:
Build a an A4 upper with an L-W Toob
View Quote

Tight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
20" Colt Match Target Competition HBAR was my first AR, and I still love to shoot it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
Everyone needs at least one 20" AR in their stable.
View Quote

This. They shoot and feel different than an M4 clone and it’s nice.  Everyone needs at least one full length AR in their safe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

@11boomboom

Message me
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:28:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#13]
If I'm going to carry a big ass musket, I want it to shoot something in 30 caliber. 5.56 is best in short carbine/SBR configurations and I don't really give a fuck about ballistics at 500 meters...that's not its purpose. I'm not one to judge though, so mount your bayonet on your spear length poodle shooter and charge away!

That said, the 20" AR is a very solid boomer bench shooter

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
Everyone needs at least one 20" AR in their stable.
View Quote

This, super speed!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Cause optics are for soy bois.

I do need a 20” 1-7 twist barrel tho. Have 1-12 and 1-9 so need to be able to use heavier  weight rounds. Really want to try out the 77gr.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#16]

We had sent our rifles ahead to Korea and we didn't have enough M4s in the arms room at HHC for everyone to qualify, so I asked if they had any M16s. The armorer said yes, so I asked for that one.

40/40
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:

40/40

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#18]
18-20” barrel, collapsing stock and a TR24 or Acog scope is damn near perfect for a GP rifle for 87% of Americans.
Jmo and I don’t care if you’re wrong
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#19]
I have a hard time figuring out which 20" AR is my favorite, but I guess I like all the ones I have for different reasons.

I have three A1 clones and they are just cool. Nice, lightweight and simple, the way ARs were supposed to be.

I only have one A2 clone, I love it for nostalgia. The A2 was what got me into daydreaming about ARs and wanting one in the first place. I might put together a second one someday, but probably with an A1 profile barrel.

I don't really have a true A4 clone, but I have 3 that are my take on the A4. One almost could have been a perfect copy of an A4, but it has an A.R.M.S. folding FSB. The other two have fixed FSBs, but they have A1 profile barrels.

If I was really pressed to choose a favorite it would probably be the lightweight barreled A4s. They just feel the best in handling and the fact that I can put an ACOG on them is nice.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:09:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tidal] [#20]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:
Just sizzled the PSA kit for 400.

Where can I get a knock of ras that fits?
View Quote

here
Not sure if the MK18  12.7" FSP cutout is the correct lenght for an A2 20" bbl and come to think of it the receiver barrel nut lock up is differernt than a KAC RAS m5?

I bought the 9.6" FSP cutout MK18 for my 10.5" build as its just a fun gun for 75$ shipped.
It comes from China (obviously for the price) and I'm happy with it. The tolerace is a little loose where it locks up to the reciever, it tightens down fine and doesnt move. there is mayeb 1/16" of a gap so not as good as one made in the us by DD.

If you order dont get worried about the tracking. Every 6 hours it gave me an update for some new chineese town I cant pronounce or rember at the airport. your package will travel to 15 different cities in china before it comes to your door step 3 weeks later.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
I have a hard time figuring out which 20" AR is my favorite, but I guess I like all the ones I have for different reasons.

I have three A1 clones and they are just cool. Nice, lightweight and simple, the way ARs were supposed to be.

I only have one A2 clone, I love it for nostalgia. The A2 was what got me into daydreaming about ARs and wanting one in the first place. I might put together a second one someday, but probably with an A1 profile barrel.

I don't really have a true A4 clone, but I have 3 that are my take on the A4. One almost could have been a perfect copy of an A4, but it has an A.R.M.S. folding FSB. The other two have fixed FSBs, but they have A1 profile barrels.

If I was really pressed to choose a favorite it would probably be the lightweight barreled A4s. They just feel the best in handling and the fact that I can put an ACOG on them is nice.

https://i.imgur.com/9cpe4d5h.jpg
View Quote

Sweet.
Very smooth.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
Wife and I both have 20" ARs for general unrest situations. I want the maximum velocity on any round I send downrange if I'm not worried about anything but what's in front of me. M193 is stashed, but also want max effect on any greentip I might have to use.

If shit goes sideways and we need to fight our way to safety if our house becomes unsafe, we have suppressed 11.5" pistols and Mk318 ammo.
View Quote

Can we be neighbors?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mortgage_Payer:

Can we be neighbors?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mortgage_Payer:
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
Wife and I both have 20" ARs for general unrest situations. I want the maximum velocity on any round I send downrange if I'm not worried about anything but what's in front of me. M193 is stashed, but also want max effect on any greentip I might have to use.

If shit goes sideways and we need to fight our way to safety if our house becomes unsafe, we have suppressed 11.5" pistols and Mk318 ammo.

Can we be neighbors?

Wrong gal-darn rec room.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a couple of 20 inchers. Shot one at the range today. All military gun collections should have at least two or three.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Breacher] [#25]
https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/519/https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/519/
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone needs at least a 20” gun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Owning, and being proficient with, a 20" A1 with irons should be required for every red-blooded American. Pick one up, and you'll understand how it came to be the weapon that defined small arms development throughout the second half of the 20th century.

It may not be flashy. It may not have all the fancy tech we rely on today. But it is light, reliable, well-balanced, and spits 55 grains of hate at 3200 feet per second.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:00:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#28]
Originally Posted By rb889:
Owning, and being proficient with, a 20" A1 with irons should be required for every red-blooded American. Pick one up, and you'll understand how it came to be the weapon that defined small arms development throughout the second half of the 20th century.

It may not be flashy. It may not have all the fancy tech we rely on today. But it is light, reliable, well-balanced, and spits 55 grains of hate at 3200 feet per second.
View Quote

77s as well. We must not forget those for stability at longer ranges depending on conditions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]
In the shooting, not much difference between a 16"bbl and a 10"bbl; except the bullet velocity, the 200fps(?) slower in the 16".
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wc22312:
20in with green tip

You know why
View Quote

If we are talking about steel vs 20in barrel, I think M193 was the answer, not M855.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jb31:

If we are talking about steel vs 20in barrel, I think M193 was the answer, not M855.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb31:
Originally Posted By wc22312:
20in with green tip

You know why

That's what I always thought too

I've had better luck accuracy wise with 855 out of short barrels compared to 193 in most of my uppers for whatever reason but I'll probably shoot 55gr out of the 20 most likely.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I have my 20”  space gun. It still want a GWAT 20”

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
I have my 20”  space gun. It still want a GWAT 20”

https://i.imgur.com/xYTZy4Y_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand
View Quote

I'm making a GWAT 20 myself or at least similar looking one.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
PSA has a sale on 20" uppers, $199 with no CH or BCG. I have spares of both so I got in on the deal. I've been hankering for a 20" for a while now.

20" Upper On Sale
View Quote

I saw that and came rally close to getting one, I have spare CHs and BCGs and a spare lower laying around.
Sadly, this is emergency food month so it will have to wait for a month, if still available, have a few 20" so it is not crucial.
My three month rotation is spending some money each month on preps, ammo, guns.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By rb889:

View Quote

The balance of these rifles is hard to describe and quite under rated.  With the military configuration barrel profiles these rifles carry and point very easily, with the perceived weight significantly less than the real weight.

Except for HBAR’s and those with RAS installed.  They point and carry like fence post.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top