Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]
doing ok, op?  just said a prayer for you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Prayers Brother !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to the day when they take them out, sounds like it might be a little irritating.
View Quote
As someone who has had to have their ass stapled shut. Let's just say it's going to pinch.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, yes. I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm determined to go today. I don't generally make requests, but I want to go home. If you'll allow that to be your prayer, I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:57:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skar] [#5]
Don’t do anything that makes you strain  ( even going to bathroom )  I had a brain aneurysm clipped  and day 3 I had a drip from my noise .
Spinal fluid  . Don’t remember day 4,5, Still at hospital . They performed emergencies surgery to stop leak in skull from aneurysm clipping..   Have wife watch for mental changes. Mine said I got real goofy and verbally mean.  

Good luck hard part is done . You’ll be sleepy for a month I was .
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
just got here.  Prayers for speedy recovery and leaving the hospital.  God is good!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Skar:
Don't do anything that makes you strain  ( even going to bathroom )  I had a brain aneurysm clipped  and day 3 I had a drip from my noise .
Spinal fluid  . Don't remember day 4,5, Still at hospital . They performed emergencies surgery to stop leak in skull from aneurysm clipping..   Have wife watch for mental changes. Mine said I got real goofy and verbally mean.  

Good luck hard part is done . You'll be sleepy for a month I was .
View Quote
Certainly tired, I'll be sure to take it easy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Clearly you are a man of faith. I'm praying for you, your family and guidance for the doctors. In Jesus holly name.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Praying for you to get discharged to day, IF you are in good enough shape for discharge.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad to see surgery went well for you, OP.  I pray for a full recovery and that you get to go home to your girls soon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm trying to figure out what 'do I want to sport.
View Quote

Shave it down to the skin, grab a sharpie and finish the “zipper” to your forehead and put the pull tab there. It’ll be good for a laugh until it all grows back in! Best of luck to you sir
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Whamo:
Praying for you to get discharged to day, IF you are in good enough shape for discharge.
View Quote
Clearly. I'm not a fool.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Everything's a go, wife should be here in a little bit, hopefully we'll be back home in another couple of hours. Praise God!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers for a speedy and full recovery, and , I hope you get well enough to go home soon, but not before you need to.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
It was hard beating off chicks from me already, what am I going to do now?
View Quote

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Prayers going out for you sir!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Made it home, will update as I progress. Thank you, brothers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dragoontwo:

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?
View Quote
Phrasing is always a thing, and I try to make it as ambiguous as possible.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting development with my eyes. I've had double vision for a while, but it got much better after the surgery. While I was at the hospital in rehab, I never really had much of an issue with the double vision. Now that I'm at home, I feel really good and can move around fairly well until the double vision comes back with a vengeance. I lose my balance and get really dizzy. I was hoping that nonsense was over.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting development with my eyes. I've had double vision for a while, but it got much better after the surgery. While I was at the hospital in rehab, I never really had much of an issue with the double vision. Now that I'm at home, I feel really good and can move around fairly well until the double vision comes back with a vengeance. I lose my balance and get really dizzy. I was hoping that nonsense was over.
View Quote
The fact that it's gotten better at all is a good sign. Hopefully it continues to improve with time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cb69:
Clearly you are a man of faith. I'm praying for you, your family and guidance for the doctors. In Jesus holly name.
View Quote

^X2
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
The fact that it's gotten better at all is a good sign. Hopefully it continues to improve with time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
View Quote
I agree, very encouraged. But it's just a little disheartening that it came back at all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I agree, very encouraged. But it's just a little disheartening that it came back at all.
View Quote

it’s easy to get discouraged, but do your best to keep a positive attitude.

it won’t be easy, nor will your journey. God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. Even if you don’t realize it now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#25]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

it's easy to get discouraged, but do your best to keep a positive attitude.

it won't be easy, nor will your journey. God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. Even if you don't realize it now.
View Quote
I'm not sure I subscribe to that philosophy, I'm certainly not very tough. I do tend to rely on the grace of God, though. I may not deserve what he gives me, but I'm glad that he does.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not sure how I missed all of this OP, but God bless you and I will be praying for your complete recovery.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Glad to hear you're recovering OP. Make sure the family waits on you hand and foot for a while! Do you know what it was they removed yet?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FireMissionDivision:
Glad to hear you're recovering OP. Make sure the family waits on you hand and foot for a while! Do you know what it was they removed yet?
View Quote
I'm seeing the neurosurgeon Thursday, if my wife asks we'll find out. I probably won't even think about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm pretty late to this thread, but my prayers are with you, your family, and the entire medical team that is taking care of you.  Heal well!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm seeing the neurosurgeon Thursday, if my wife asks we'll find out. I probably won't even think about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FireMissionDivision:
They should do a frozen section during surgery to get a preliminary pathology.  If you don't ask about it, the surgeon won't bring it up.  That was our experience when my wife had her first craniotomy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tcfla:
They should do a frozen section during surgery to get a preliminary pathology.  If you don't ask about it, the surgeon won't bring it up.  That was our experience when my wife had her first craniotomy.
View Quote
He talked about that after the surgery. Preliminary test was not malignant. He said it would take up to two weeks for a more thorough result. I know they removed a mass from the fourth ventricle and there was a cyst that burst as he removed it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#32]
He talked about that after the surgery. Preliminary test was not malignant. He said it would take up to two weeks for a more thorough result. I know they removed a mass from the fourth ventricle and there was a cyst that burst as he removed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tcfla:
Very good news!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Vision was better yesterday, even better today. Still unstable on my feet, but each day everything has improved remarkably.
Again, thank y'all so much for your prayers, thoughts, questions, and interest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Had a good doctor's visit today, removed the staples, haven't had any real double vision or dizzy issues today. Every day I feel better than the last. Mass confirmed not cancerous, but due to the nature of it there may be some left on my spine. Upcoming MRI will determine that. Otherwise I will have regular MRIs to keep an eye on things.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Prayers for healing.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top