Fallout Amazon series (Page 31 of 35)
Page / 35
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I thought there was more dammit!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Going back to 4 from 76...update downloading!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4410_jpeg-3198618.JPG
View Quote

I really need to play these games.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Correct.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:10:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#5]

View Quote

Lemme know how it is... haven't had time to watch the show or play the FO4 update yet.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:18:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gutter1000] [#6]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Lemme know how it is... haven't had time to watch the show or play the FO2 update yet.
View All Quotes

Lemme know how it is... haven't had time to watch the show or play the FO2 update yet.

Seeing 8 new quests
Attachment Attached File

They removed Far Harbor i think from maybe graphics update?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I really liked this show, I hope they keep the pace and deliver as good a second season.

I never played the video games so I have no reference to go by. I'm curious about the soundtrack, the music is actually quite good but why the golden oldies? was that the only stuff that survived?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gutter1000] [#8]
Originally Posted By R71:
I really liked this show, I hope they keep the pace and deliver as good a second season.

I never played the video games so I have no reference to go by. I'm curious about the soundtrack, the music is actually quite good but why the golden oldies? was that the only stuff that survived?
View Quote

Radios played oldies in FO4 and FO76.  The setting is 60s/70s with robots.
It was cool to hear the FO4 theme during this clip

NCR Flag and Fallout 4 Theme Scene | Fallout 2024
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Seeing 8 new quests
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4417_jpeg-3198637.JPG

View Quote

Been slowly playing the new quests. Only issue I've had so far is there is some graphics issues with the "when pigs fly" quest and none of the new weapons show for me. Like they are in my inventory and I can shoot them but no graphics for them at all
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Seeing 8 new quests

View All Quotes

Seeing 8 new quests

8 new quests in the main game, or is that from the free creation club crap?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
What’s under the sheet with the black hand in episode 2 in the enclave?

What episode has the dead death claw?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tex7488:
What's under the sheet with the black hand in episode 2 in the enclave?

What episode has the dead death claw?
View Quote

supermutant

deathclaw skull in ep 8
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]
All I know is I’m selling all my fallout swag/memorabilia. My fallout 4 pip boy is up to $181 and has 8+ days left. Just sold NV playing cards for $81.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:09:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Truth be told, never really got into to Fallout because I couldn't sever the thread of prophecy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#15]
Just finished Episode 2. The wife never played Fallout and loves the show so far. I'm geeking about using Stimpacks, using the Pipboy's World Map for navigation, ect ect.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Never played the game. Interesting series.
The vault girl is strangely hot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By evilyoda:
Never played the game. Interesting series.
The vault girl is strangely hot.
View Quote

Her big eyes make me kinda think she's live-action Japanese anime.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I think that a lot of the criticism comes from people not playing the games. There is a lot of things about the show that seem really stupid if you haven't played the games; stimpacks magically totally healing you, radaway totally healing radiation, running like a bitch from a radioactive grizzly bear screaming "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...," nausiating optimism crushed quickly by the "real world," the implausibility of still eating 200 year old cereal, the list goes on. That dumb stuff is all in the games. It makes fun of itself, in the precise way the games do.

I agree some of the underlying story isn't perfectly developed, and the penis pimple joke is extremely cringe, but I think the plot is a pretty standard Fallout trope, and they absolutely nailed the tone and feel. I think the fan service, while everywhere, was well done as to not be overbearing. For example, when Lucy touches the NCR flag, you get the main menu theme from New Vegas. If you didn't play the game, that probably just sounded like a cool change in the sound track. I'm super excited for season 2.

NCR Flag and Fallout 4 Theme Scene | Fallout 2024

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I just loaded up FO4 again to check out the updates. Wound up playing most of the day, I love exploring a wide open map.

(And I also play FO76, have pretty much daily since launch even if it's just to do dailies. Still haven't done the new quests!)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I think that a lot of the criticism comes from people not playing the games. There is a lot of things about the show that seem really stupid if you haven't played the games; stimpacks magically totally healing you, radaway totally healing radiation, running like a bitch from a radioactive grizzly bear screaming "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...," nausiating optimism crushed quickly by the "real world," the implausibility of still eating 200 year old cereal, the list goes on. That dumb stuff is all in the games. It makes fun of itself, in the precise way the games do.

I agree some of the underlying story isn't perfectly developed, and the penis pimple joke is extremely cringe, but I think the plot is a pretty standard Fallout trope, and they absolutely nailed the tone and feel. I think the fan service, while everywhere, was well done as to not be overbearing. For example, when Lucy touches the NCR flag, you get the main menu theme from New Vegas. If you didn't play the game, that probably just sounded like a cool change in the sound track. I'm super excited for season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCPVj1NXTWU
View Quote

I loved the running from the bear scene, perfectly encapsulated many moments of my playthroughs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fullmedaljacket8:
All I know is I'm selling all my fallout swag/memorabilia. My fallout 4 pip boy is up to $181 and has 8+ days left. Just sold NV playing cards for $81.
View Quote
Damn!  I have both that and the Amazon exclusive fallout 3 one with the lunchbox.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By testify4:

I just loaded up FO4 again to check out the updates. Wound up playing most of the day, I love exploring a wide open map.

(And I also play FO76, have pretty much daily since launch even if it's just to do dailies. Still haven't done the new quests!)
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Ditto.
Started from scratch. Rocking several sets of Hellfire and X02 armor as well as 2 Gauss cannons and several incinerators.
Why am I always moving so slow?

Nick
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Truth be told, never really got into to Fallout because I couldn't sever the thread of prophecy.
View Quote

The entire concept of the franchise is based on Cold War soviet propaganda and hysterical nonsense.

Don't get me wrong...I played the shit out of FO and FO2 back in the day.   But it's all goofy as fuck.  All the two headed cows and giant bugs are right out of 3d glasses 50s science fiction.

At the end of the day, FO is antiwar satire.  It's still fun.   Just don't take it seriously.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Played FO4 and enjoyed the show, always thought it would make a good movie. Cant wait for more
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#26]
As someone who knew nothing about the game it was even funnier on the rewatch since I had more context and needed less attention to the plot.
It did a good job of capturing early Cold War paranoia and extending it to its satirical end along with the retro 1950s Sci-Fi tech picture of what the 21st century would look like.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:40:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#27]
Okay something has been bugging me. Just finished the first season,  might need to rewatch.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JsARCLIGHT] [#28]
Originally Posted By djkest:
Okay something has been bugging me. Just finished the first season,  might need to rewatch.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

If you don't think it is good so far, it never will.

For you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Watched first 2 episodes... when does it get good?

If you don't think it is good so far, it never will.

For you.

non-concur.  i was really disappointed after the first couple of episodes because it wasn't as funny as the games, but stuck with it and wound up enjoying it for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Overall the season has been good and not woke free, but passable. Still can't see the two main characters having a love relationship. Seems un natural due to their chemistry, not race.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally started watching this yesterday. It's so fucking good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I'm replaying Fallout 4 after the update. It's fucking amazing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I tried playing 76 again and it still sucks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Could be wrong but I think the show is confirmed canon by Bethesda.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

I'm replaying Fallout 4 after the update. It's fucking amazing.
View Quote
I just played for a short time post update to make sure everything was still working (I got lucky, PC with just a few mods) and ran into my first group of Enclave, got a couple of sets of combat armor with the Enclave paint job off the bodies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
I just played for a short time post update to make sure everything was still working (I got lucky, PC with just a few mods) and ran into my first group of Enclave, got a couple of sets of combat armor with the Enclave paint job off the bodies.
View Quote

My saves from 2015 are all gone so I have to start over. Which is fine. I only played it once. Doing a BOS playthrough with no Minutemen/Presten Garvey.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
Damn!  I have both that and the Amazon exclusive fallout 3 one with the lunchbox.
View Quote

Better sell while it’s hot borther.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PeterPangenderPhD] [#39]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

That’s a good question. On the one hand, Hank might assume that nuking everyone at Shady Sands should have gotten Moldaver. On the other hand, if all V32 and V33 Overseers were supposed to come from Bud’s Buds in V31, I would assume they all know each other by name and face.

Then again, it’s still possible that Moldaver was a disillusioned Vault-Tec insider. She somehow has a listening device for Cooper that works with a Pip-Boy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

A question I sort of had is how Overseer Dale Cooper doesn't recognize Moldaver at the vault arranged marriage meetup. You'd think Moldaver being an NCR honcho would have made herself known to Hank when he went to Shady Sands looking for his wife and daughter?

That’s a good question. On the one hand, Hank might assume that nuking everyone at Shady Sands should have gotten Moldaver. On the other hand, if all V32 and V33 Overseers were supposed to come from Bud’s Buds in V31, I would assume they all know each other by name and face.

Then again, it’s still possible that Moldaver was a disillusioned Vault-Tec insider. She somehow has a listening device for Cooper that works with a Pip-Boy.

Moldaver is interesting. I watched it a second time.

Vault-Tec bought every company she ever worked for, and it is implied heavily that she's working on technology related to prolonging life. I would bet that she's the one who invented the technology used by Bud Askins for Vault 31. This would explain why she is still around, but unknown to Hank, as she may have had a pod (or pods) somewhere else. It also may have been that Hank new her, but by saying anything he'd open the can of worms.

She's the "Flame Mother" and worked at Hollywood Forever, which is a cemetery and crematorium. The flame and death connection there is obvious, as is the title "forever" and life extension. Through their ashes thing is another crematorium reference, and perhaps indicates that the "crematorium" is somehow more connected with rebirth.

I don't understand why Norm didn't just threaten Bud with letting out all his Buds if he didn't open the door. Clearly Bud/Brain on a Roomba is planning a timed release, and Norm could upend that entire plan just by letting everyone out.

The Ghoul/Cooper Howard, seems to have some kind of bunker at the end in the Hollywood Hills near what would have been his home. I'm guessing that is what he came out of on the quest to find his family in the last shot he is in from the series.

Overall, this is the only series since Band of Brothers that I've felt was interesting enough to watch twice within a short period of the original release. Well done Amazon!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By PeterPangenderPhD:
The Ghoul/Cooper Howard, seems to have some kind of bunker at the end in the Hollywood Hills near what would have been his home. I'm guessing that is what he came out of on the quest to find his family in the last shot he is in from the series.
View Quote

I'm still interested in the gap of time between when we see Cooper ride away from the birthday party on his horse with his daughter and how he actually loses her. Because if he knows what vault is wife is in and brings his daughter there, he theoretically should know where his family is as they would have no reason to be thawed out or leave the vault they are in before VaultTec has assumed control of the surface.

And if that was the case it would really paint his wife as an absolute gigabitch to take his daughter and leave him to the bombs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PeterPangenderPhD] [#41]

I'm still interested in the gap of time between when we see Cooper ride away from the birthday party on his horse with his daughter and how he actually loses her. Because if he knows what vault is wife is in and brings his daughter there, he theoretically should know where his family is as they would have no reason to be thawed out or leave the vault they are in before VaultTec has assumed control of the surface.

And if that was the case it would really paint his wife as an absolute gigabitch to take his daughter and leave him to the bombs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeterPangenderPhD:

Same. It's hard to explain. She wasn't on the list for 31 as we saw, and how he could have gotten her to a vault in time but not gotten in...gigabitch would be in character for his wife.

She loves Vault-Tec enough to kill everyone except the people she loves, and we can assume by the point the bombs fall that Cooper and her are divorced. He's working the birthday party for "alimony payments" when the bombs drop. I'd think that she somehow got his daughter through being a bitch, perhaps trapping Cooper in a way that he either had no choice or was duped. I think Cooper also endures a lot with his dog Roosevelt, who is referenced constantly. It would explain why he both hates Dogmeat and has a soft spot for him, too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I imagine future seasons will continue with the flashbacks and fill in the gaps.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#43]

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Without spoiling much, if anything. What is the Enclave? I've only ever played FONV and that Faction wasn't in the game.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Without spoiling much, if anything. What is the Enclave? I've only ever played FONV and that Faction wasn't in the game.
View Quote

Remnants of the US Government, what we would refer to as The Deep State nowadays
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Season 2:  Deathclaw and Scorchbeast queen

Fallout 76 - My 2nd Solo Scorchbeast Queen (14second kill with handmade)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#47]
other mods still work.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

There is some mention of Enclave in FONV, in that the Remnants are former Enclave, and have Enclave power armor (and a Vertibird)
View Quote

I killed all of them when I found them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#50]

There is some mention of Enclave in FONV, in that the Remnants are former Enclave, and have Enclave power armor (and a Vertibird)
View All Quotes

Hmmmm not ringing a bell for me. Lol.

Only guys I remember the Khans, Legion, Boomers, NCR, BoS, The Kings. Maybe it was info on Terminals?

I mostly skimmed through the reading stuff.

I guess the show is different lore wise, because in the show the NCR apparently got wiped out, but the Enclave exists. Where it's the opposite in FONV.
Page / 35
Fallout Amazon series (Page 31 of 35)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top