BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:57:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Seems like that's where folks who are saying they're wanting to chip in should toss their duckets.

I've been a VCDL member for years, but here's the contribution I just made to try and support this. Let's see if others will do the same...

ETA: dammit, I forgot something and had to hit submit a second time. I had added a comment 'this is for the "WTC Fairfax CHP shenanigans" fund', but I guess it cleared that out and replaced it with the standard "VCDL 2 for the 2A" fund info when it refreshed and told me to add the missing info.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/VCDL_Donation_JPG-3185615.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By d16man:
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Keep us updated. If you go to court, I will show up and cheer!  

I may drive from SC to show up also

Gentlemen, your kindness and fellowship is appreciated.

However I will fight these retards on my own with my own money. It ain't right.

Furthermore, VCDL is involved so I don't even think I need recommendations. You guys are great and thank you. I love this place.

Meh...more $$ from me to vcdl then.

Seems like that's where folks who are saying they're wanting to chip in should toss their duckets.

I've been a VCDL member for years, but here's the contribution I just made to try and support this. Let's see if others will do the same...

ETA: dammit, I forgot something and had to hit submit a second time. I had added a comment 'this is for the "WTC Fairfax CHP shenanigans" fund', but I guess it cleared that out and replaced it with the standard "VCDL 2 for the 2A" fund info when it refreshed and told me to add the missing info.

Out of curiosity, what are the funds for that used for?   Per their webpage it says the general fund is where monies for lawsuits derive from. Either way it doesn’t really matter, I’m just curious. Vcdl is a great org.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The strategy in many of these "purple states" is to piss you off and get you to leave and go to West Virginia.  Death by a thousand papercuts.  The issuer knows the law.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ridinshotgun:

Good to know you are working with them. I am facing the same shit in the supposedly gun friendly county of Louisa. There refused to accept a mail in renewal for an expired permit unless I showed up in person. Then said I had to provide proof of training. VCDL got them to accept the application but clerk said it would be denied. Waiting on that letter to get VCDL further involved. Been 30 days since they accepted it so they aren’t moving it fast.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ridinshotgun:
Legal things are already in motion and VCDLs lawyers have been involved.

I have been advised not to send the letter until we have a strategy, and I will comply.

Gentlemen, we will win.

Good to know you are working with them. I am facing the same shit in the supposedly gun friendly county of Louisa. There refused to accept a mail in renewal for an expired permit unless I showed up in person. Then said I had to provide proof of training. VCDL got them to accept the application but clerk said it would be denied. Waiting on that letter to get VCDL further involved. Been 30 days since they accepted it so they aren’t moving it fast.

We will fight and we will win.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]

We will fight and we will win.

https://i.giphy.com/5xtDarzp5at2qwSTYoo.webp
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:
The strategy in many of these "purple states" is to piss you off and get you to leave and go to West Virginia.  Death by a thousand papercuts.  The issuer knows the law.
View Quote

I detest the fact that there are many laws which completely go against traditional Virginia thought on the books.

I have absolutely no tolerance whatsoever for the government not abiding by what's on the books.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Now I need to sue Remington because I just tried those in my Win 94
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#9]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Out of curiosity, what are the funds for that used for?   Per their webpage it says the general fund is where monies for lawsuits derive from. Either way it doesn’t really matter, I’m just curious. Vcdl is a great org.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Keep us updated. If you go to court, I will show up and cheer!  

I may drive from SC to show up also

Gentlemen, your kindness and fellowship is appreciated.

However I will fight these retards on my own with my own money. It ain't right.

Furthermore, VCDL is involved so I don't even think I need recommendations. You guys are great and thank you. I love this place.

Meh...more $$ from me to vcdl then.

I don’t believe there’s a way to direct your funds to a specific case or legislative action. Your money either goes to the general fund or the PAC fund. If someone else knows different please correct me. I’ve never looked into it beyond making donations and my annual dues.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BFskinner:

He quoted the law in VA which includes the language that holding a current or having previously held a ccp satisfies that requirement.  The dipshits simply rejected his application despite the clear language of the statute which is the point of his rant.  

I let my permit expire and didn't renew until almost a year later but where I am at that was perfectly fine.  I took it along just in case but they never even asked to see my training certificate when I went to the courthouse to renew.  

View Quote

Same here, but only a few months. Had new permit in a week
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:01:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#12]
Time to bring these back? @doc_Zox

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

General fund is where they get the lawsuit money.

PAC helps elect pro 2A candidates.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

General fund is where they get the lawsuit money.

PAC helps elect pro 2A candidates.

That’s what I was thinking.

For those wondering here is the vcdl page with the list of donation fund options https://vcdl.org/donations/.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I am still pretty angry about this. I'm far from a sovereign citizen, and there are tons of laws I disagree with.

What really really pisses me off is the government not living up to their end of the deal. The entire point of laws is to point to something that we are all held to. That includes the government. And this might seem like a slight inconvenience, but what it really is is a show of judicial incompetence at best, and willful intent to deprive me of my rights at worst.

And I'm not going to fucking stand for it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I wish you have a day in court and get to go all Patrick Henry on them in a liberty or death speech, which we all know you are very capable of.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I am still pretty angry about this. I'm far from a sovereign citizen, and there are tons of laws I disagree with.

What really really pisses me off is the government not living up to their end of the deal. The entire point of laws is to point to something that we are all held to. That includes the government. And this might seem like a slight inconvenience, but what it really is is a show of judicial incompetence at best, and willful intent to deprive me of my rights at worst.

View Quote

Hell yeah!

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Am I the only one that noticed the judge's letter actually quoted the wrong law?  You told them to actually read the law they quoted, but it's a law about felons in possession of a firearm.  

308.2 != 308.02
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Really interested to see how each county differs in their procedure. In PWC it's the clerk of court that handles most all of it. She even signs the permits (we recently went to the hard plastic cards, finally ).
View Quote

Clerk of the court does it for Powhatan. My last renewal took 48 hours and 5 minutes from receipt to approval.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Clemson_John:
Am I the only one that noticed the judge's letter actually quoted the wrong law?  You told them to actually read the law they quoted, but it's a law about felons in possession of a firearm.  

308.2 != 308.02
View Quote

Lol. Good catch.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Interesting thread. I just dropped my renewal application at the Fairfax Courthouse this AM.

In the new form there is a question 8. P. Where you state yes or no if you taken an in person class or training for competency with a handgun. I stated yes on the form, but did not attach anything as requested by question 9.

There are also signs up near the civil intake section of the courthouse that if you have an outdated SP-248 you will have to refill out the correct form (assuming they added these in after those laws pass).

Hilariously, it even says on the form that question 9 is only required for initial permits. See the snip below.

Attachment Attached File

I will say, minus the TSA would be proud strip search to enter the courthouse (shoes, belt, hat, jacket, and everything in your pockets), everyone from the front desk lady to the lady who processed my form were very polite and friendly.

Should be interesting if mine is denied in the same manner. Supposed to send it in 45 days before expiration, I am a little late if I only count business days (1 week late), but 20 some days early if not counting business days.

Guess we will roll dice :D. Good luck Whiskers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Lol. Good catch.
View All Quotes

308.2 != 308.02

Lol. Good catch.

Wait...WTC is a felon?

Now he definitely needs to send a letter back going scorched Virginia earth on the fucktard judge for not even quoting the right law
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Wait...WTC is a felon?

Now he definitely needs to send a letter back going scorched Virginia earth on the fucktard judge for not even quoting the right law
View All Quotes

308.2 != 308.02

Lol. Good catch.

Wait...WTC is a felon?

It appears VCDL is going to get involved.

The intention here I'm sure is to turn this into a victory for all of us. It's open and shut, they are breaking the law.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm inspired
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#27]

I have multiple ways to satisfy that requirement, but all they are getting is me demanding they read the law.

Fuck them.
View Quote

Go Whiskers!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#28]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Really interested to see how each county differs in their procedure. In PWC it's the clerk of court that handles most all of it. She even signs the permits (we recently went to the hard plastic cards, finally ).
View Quote

Same in Alexandria. My shitty little paper card is signed by the clerk. Don't think I've ever heard about a judge being involved in ALX nor when I first moved to NoVA in Arlington and got my CHP.

ETA: I wonder if a denial has to involve a judge, as a clerk probably doesn't have the legal authority to deny a permit on their own?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I detest the fact that there are many laws which completely go against traditional Virginia thought on the books.

I have absolutely no tolerance whatsoever for the government not abiding by what's on the books.
View Quote
Between the mountains, the ocean, and the history, Virginia is my favorite state, but I would never move there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#30]

The intention here I'm sure is to turn this into a victory for all of us. It's open and shut, they are breaking the law.
View All Quotes

308.2 != 308.02

Lol. Good catch.

Wait...WTC is a felon?

Good!  How many other counties are doing this to CHPers?

It's crazy that more than half the states are permit less carry, with Vermont leading that movement.   If everyone was as serious about our rights as they appeared to be in 2019-2020, than we'd elect Winsome Sears, get Constitutional Carry and quit playing defense ALL the time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

GOOD. I hope they go in dry and expose this judge not only for not following the law, but for also being inept and quoting the wrong law in your denial.

Maybe a great can of worms for who knows how many judges did similar with 2A laws...
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:38:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#32]
SIC
SEMPER
TYRANNUS!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

308.2 != 308.02

Lol. Good catch.

Wait...WTC is a felon?

Get em.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks, Whiskers, for what you are doing.

I, too, have been a VA CCW holder for many years-here in Fairfax County.  

Every time I renew (on time), they send my new card back as late as the law will allow.  I assume this is just to F with me.

I'm up for renewal in Jan. 2025, so this is a good reminder for the judge to learn the law.

My experiences attending Fairfax County Board meetings in the turbulent 2019-20 period really opened my eyes as to how much these people despise, and are diametrically opposed to, us.  I remember fondly Ben's address to the Board, which they were dismissive of.  

You're right.  We have to keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm actually a VCDL member, hope they use my dues to help.

I know WTC doesn't want money, and that's fine.  However, if it does go to court, I may show up to watch.  I'll even wear a suit and be professional about it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By p3590:

I know WTC doesn't want money, and that's fine.  However, if it does go to court, I may show up to watch.  I'll even wear a suit and be professional about it.
View Quote

I'll definitely be following this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By p3590:

View Quote

Need to have a pocket square made out of caution tape.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#38]
As a minor point of order, the Fairfax County Circuit Court is within the provenance and supervision of the STATE ("commonwealth") of Virginia.

Fairfax County Circuit Court is, in no manner, any instrument of Fairfax County government.

The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors unconscionable posture toward gun owners certainly doesn't help. But to be clear, the Circuit Court Judge takes no orders from the Board of Supervisors.

Arguably, the "supplemental salary payment" - over and above the base-rate paid to the various constitutional officers in Fairfax, and paid by the Fairfax County Government, might suggest that those officers (Judges, Sheriff Dept., Commonwealth's Attorneys, etc.) could be beholden to the County Governmnent. In my experience, I don't find that to be a fact.

All Circuit Court Judges in Virginia are appointed by majority-vote of the respective houses of the General Assembly. The county government, and the citizens of the county have no say in judicial appointments.

The "curious" interpretation of the Judge in this case is surely a function of his own opinion of what the law will allow him to do.

I suspect this will - in fact - require litigation.
I don't see the judge in this matter taking the posture of admitting mistake. The Attorney General Opinion will only make him more entrenched in his position.
You can be sure he knew exactly what he was doing when he did it, and he 100% believes the law allows him to do it.

You wanted a show? - Yes, there will be a show.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#39]
Welp, sounds like Arf is having another meet & greet in NoVa soon

"Hey Arf, you guys are seriously going to show up to WTCs court date?"

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#40]
The appeal will probably be heard in Richmond.

I'm not sure if this goes to Va. Court of Appeals, or directly to Va. Supreme Court.

If the latter then for sure Richmond.

Court of Appeals (3-justice-panel) sometimes hears appelate argument in the main office in Richmond, and sometimes they travel to hear cases somewhat local to the parties. If it goes en banc, they rarely travel.

Interesting piece of irrelevant Virginia geography trivia:
When you are in the western counties of Virginia, you're longitudinally WEST OF DETROIT, and you are closer to six other states' Capitals than you are to Richmond.
Or maybe its nine. Somehow I'm always confused about that. But its AT LEAST six.

Now here's a mindfuck for you:
If the Circuit Court judge stands by his ruling, then who represents "the Commonwealth" on the appeal?
The State Attorney General? - That's the guy who wrote a legal opinion (A.G. opinions being worth less than the paper they're written on), who said this bullshit is bullshit.

The Commonwealth's Attorney for Fairfax County?

I'm kind of ignorant on appelate procedure. Pretty much only up to speed on trash-pickup ordinances.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

You have every right to be angry, and zero reason to stand for it. I am angry just reading about you having to deal with this horseshit. We all know it is willful intent, it is Fairfax. I hope the get a judicial smackdown. We will all be there to cheer for you when then do.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Are they still issuing crappy paper permits?  Talked to my friend in PWC and they have cards that look real.  Think they are some light plastic type card.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#44]
Originally Posted By 7:
Are they still issuing crappy paper permits?  Talked to my friend in PWC and they have cards that look real.  Think they are some light plastic type card.  
View Quote

Yup, standard plastic card like most security badges and such these days (PWC, that is). No tech in it at all, but much better than paper. Still needs to be used in conjunction with DL.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 7:
View Quote

Mine expires in 2027.

Shitty paper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jlebowski:
Thanks, Whiskers, for what you are doing.

I, too, have been a VA CCW holder for many years-here in Fairfax County.  

Every time I renew (on time), they send my new card back as late as the law will allow.  I assume this is just to F with me.

I'm up for renewal in Jan. 2025, so this is a good reminder for the judge to learn the law.

My experiences attending Fairfax County Board meetings in the turbulent 2019-20 period really opened my eyes as to how much these people despise, and are diametrically opposed to, us.  I remember fondly Ben's address to the Board, which they were dismissive of.  

You're right.  We have to keep up the fight.
View Quote

i was there!  Ben was on point.  The Stupidvisors didn't give a fuck.  I asked one of the cops (there were MANY) if the politicians were afraid being in the safest room in the County on that particular evening... He said "yep" in disgust.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cavedog:
The whole point of the exercise is to drag this out and aggravate you into making comments that can be construed as threats.
View Quote

More likely it’s a dumbass who doesn’t know the law.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#48]

I want to subpoena KA3B so he can tell them to "READ THE ARTICLE"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Proof training? What other Amendments in the Bill Of Rights require "proof of training"?

Fucking dirty ass commies.

I want to subpoena KA3B so he can tell them to "READ THE ARTICLE"

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Good job OP! Don't give an inch!

My local PD once requested fingerprints for my renewal.
I told them no, and pointed them to the state law which specifically stated that fingerprints shall not be required.
The said, "Oh. Well it's voluntary".
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top