Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

For the last 30 years, the same lame paper cards you need to sign and then laminate yourself.  

https://i.imgur.com/rl2ybMT.png

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
Originally Posted By 7:
Are they still issuing crappy paper permits?  Talked to my friend in PWC and they have cards that look real.  Think they are some light plastic type card.  

For the last 30 years, the same lame paper cards you need to sign and then laminate yourself.  

https://i.imgur.com/rl2ybMT.png

That's quite the collection.

My favorite is my old Florida one signed by Charles Bronson.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:22:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#3]
Yeah, Prince William and some others have real cards now.  My wife and I just renewed in Fauquier and it’s still paper.  Talk about the difference 20 miles makes, Fauquier we had our renewals in less than a week.   20 miles up the road whiskers is dealing with this shit.  NoVA vs real Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Tag.
View Quote

VCDL is interested, but I did almost shoot you a PM and say "u want to go to an Ore Tenus hearing?" My last lawyer recommended we also hire a stenographer in case we needed to appeal. It ended up not being needed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
God bless WTC! Fight the good fight.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:44:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nvcdl] [#6]
Fairfax County has been one of the worst offenders on the CHP since day one. The old Clerk of Court was John Frey - a useless RINO who demanded multiple copies of the application and a SASE with every application. Looks like he is no longer there so the new COC may be part of the problem.

This Judge Oblon is former partner with RINO anti-2A former Delegate Dave Albo - a slimy DWI lawyer who voted to lower the BAC limit while a delgate.  Oblon even looks like Albo ( I wouldn't be surprised if they did gay stuff with each other as Albo always struck me as a repressed gay frat boy).

I suggest that once this matter is cleared up you file a Judical conduct complaint in Richmond.  I've filed one before on a leftist Judge - they are unlikely to do anything but Judges/Lawyers hate having people point out their unethical behavior.

The Commission investigates complaints of judicial misconduct or serious mental or physical disability that interfere with a judge’s duties.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DerekL] [#7]
I'm disappointed in a lot of the Virginias and others posting in here.

Do better, support this man and his righteous fight.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
1 of 3 of my Warren county permits was a snazzy plastic card. Back to paper
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that a signature or did you scratch through it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I would love to show up to the hearing if I'm in town. Keep us posted!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
View Quote

I may have horrible penmanship but my ideals are sound.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#12]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

Good point.   Replace most scumbag politicians with people like you and me and things will improve.

Funny thing is that I was wondering today or yesterday if cursive writing is still taught.  If not, are signatures still valid?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Your hand writing is spectacular.

And your ideals... Virginian.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#14]

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:
https://i.imgflip.com/8mhq6j.jpg
View Quote

I could run @WhiskersTheCat through the MD course and he'd have their permit, honored in VA, before he got a court hearing in VA.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

What is right is what is right. What is law is law.

Sometimes they can be different but in this case the government is wrong on both and I demand they address my rightful grievance.

I would rather carry a firearm illegally than submit to unlawful requests. I hope it does not come to that, and I will continue to pursue lawful and moral options available to me.

Virginians are not just making this up, we're living under the laws we agreed to.

That all power is vested in, and consequently derived from, the people, that magistrates are their trustees and servants, and at all times amenable to them.

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

This judge is not my superior, he is my servant. By the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

The SECOND you stop believing in this, is the exact second evil takes root. These are indeed words on a page, but they are the exact words I demand to be governed by.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By p3590:
I'm actually a VCDL member, hope they use my dues to help.

I know WTC doesn't want money, and that's fine.  However, if it does go to court, I may show up to watch.  I'll even wear a suit wear a Hawaiian shirt and clown nose and be professional about it.
View Quote

Also, we should coordinate our moral patches.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

I could run @WhiskersTheCat through the MD course and he'd have their permit, honored in VA, before he got a court hearing in VA.
View All Quotes

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

Brother, I very much appreciate you. But what they did was wrong, and I'm not going to fight it as a technicality. I'm going to fight it on the merits of the law.

It may seem really stupid, and maybe I am. I could fax them a couple documents tomorrow. But that's not right, it's not the law, and I'm not going to do it. I demand the County adhere to the law I am myself beholden to.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mbg0001:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mbg0001:
I'm actually a VCDL member, hope they use my dues to help.

I know WTC doesn't want money, and that's fine.  However, if it does go to court, I may show up to watch.  I'll even wear a suit wear a Hawaiian shirt and clown nose and be professional about it.

Why be mean to people who are, at best, going to lose in court, badly?

Wait what am I saying, I wholeheartedly agree, and am ordering those clown noses on aliexpress right now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

Brother, I very much appreciate you. But what they did was wrong, and I'm not going to fight it as a technicality. I'm going to fight it on the merits of the law.

It may seem really stupid, and maybe I am. I could fax them a couple documents tomorrow. But that's not right, it's not the law, and I'm not going to do it. I demand the County adhere to the law I am myself beholden to.
View All Quotes

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

I know you're right. You know you're right. And no matter what, I am 100% with you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#21]

I know you're right. You know you're right. And no matter what, I am 100% with you.
View All Quotes

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

Thank you brother.

Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old—fashioned; if so, I am contented to be so. I say, the time has been when every pulse of my heart beat for American liberty, and which, I believe, had a counterpart in the breast of every true American; but suspicions have gone forth —’ suspicions of my integrity — publicly reported that my professions are not real. Twenty—three years ago was I supposed a traitor to my country? I was then said to be the bane of sedition, because I supported the rights of my country. I may be thought suspicious when I say our privileges and rights are in danger. But, sir, a number of the people of this country are weak enough to think these things are too true. I am happy to find that the gentleman on the other side declares they are groundless. But, sir, suspicion is a virtue as long as its object is the preservation of the public good, and as long as it stays within proper bounds: should it fall on me, I am contented: conscious rectitude is a powerful consolation. I trust there are many who think my professions for the public good to be real. Let your suspicion look to both sides.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#22]
If we lose Virginia, I guarantee we lose everything.

To those that say Virginia is lost, it has been "lost" many times before.

And to other states, I do not want to impose my will on you. The reason I am so butthurt is really easy to understand, the government is not adhering to their end of the deal. I realize every state is different, and I wish all of you well but this shit needs to stop.

The entire point of a Constitution is to set ground rules for society. The government knows what it can do, the people know what they can do. This agreement has been violated.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for reminding me to renew my VCDL membership today.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#24]

The day we lose is the day we stop trying to fight. As mentioned multiple times, I could submit qualifying documents that I have.

I refuse to. It's illegal what he did and I will not stand by and let it happen.
View Quote

I appreciate your willingness to fight…but VA is getting bent over by the giant blue weenie next election.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#25]

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

View Quote

When the man sticks it to you just because he CAN, it is your civic responsibility to STICK IT BACK because YOU SHOULD.

Tyranny takes hold, and is enabled, when good men acquiesce.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Subscribed
Best of luck
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#27]
FAIRNESS AND TEMPERAMENT
Based on his impressive career as a litigator and his tenure as a substitute judge, the Committee believes Mr. Oblon possesses a thorough understanding of the law and compassion for individuals involved in the justice system. Additionally, the Committee believes he possesses the requisite fairness and temperament required of a judge.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:

FAIRNESS AND TEMPERAMENT
Based on his impressive career as a litigator and his tenure as a substitute judge, the Committee believes Mr. Oblon possesses a thorough understanding of the law and compassion for individuals involved in the justice system. Additionally, the Committee believes he possesses the requisite fairness and temperament required of a judge.
View Quote

Well I would be a poor judge because I'm about to lose my temper.

That idiot cited law he was violating.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

The law was incorrect on the letter. I don't think the judge was violating that law.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By UV18:

The law was incorrect on the letter. I don't think the judge was violating that law.
View All Quotes

There is no such requirement to show training on a renewal.

Having an existing permit is sufficient. That is the law.

He is breaking the law by asking me to furnish proof of training.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nvcdl:

I suggest that once this matter is cleared up you file a Judical conduct complaint in Richmond.  I've filed one before on a leftist Judge - they are unlikely to do anything but Judges/Lawyers hate having people point out their unethical behavior.

The Commission investigates complaints of judicial misconduct or serious mental or physical disability that interfere with a judge's duties.
View Quote
@WhiskersTheCat

I'm always stunned at how many people bitch about a lawyer or judge doing something unethical, but don't file a bar complaint.  You absolutely should do this, it costs nothing.

When the bureaucracy fucks with you, fuck them right back.

Also, if this winds up escalated to the point you're in a hearing in Richmond, I'll go to that.  It will be the first time I've gone to Richmond without plates and a rifle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#32]
@WhiskersTheCat

I'm always stunned at how many people bitch about a lawyer or judge doing something unethical, but don't file a bar complaint.  You absolutely should do this, it costs nothing.

Also, if this winds up escalated to the point you're in a hearing in Richmond, I'll go to that.  It will be the first time I've gone to Richmond without plates and a rifle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nvcdl:

The Commission investigates complaints of judicial misconduct or serious mental or physical disability that interfere with a judge's duties.
@WhiskersTheCat

I am going to go legally nuclear. I can assure you of that.

Part of the reason I'm getting a lawyer is to protect myself from contempt charges if I were to speak for myself.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:
One eighth of the entire population of Virginia lives in Fairfax fucking County, most of them sucking on the Federal government tit and voting accordingly.

The search for the launch codes continues …
View Quote

This is why the district needs to be extended to the original size and then add in a bunch more to cover where all the feds reside. It would reduce the commie power of the fed workers to ruin Virginia and make it another New York, but with better weather and the Shenandoah valley.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I just saw the thread, I too stand with WhiskersTheCat. May he succeed in his battle vs the gov vermin.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

You're saying that the judge who violated subsection x while citing subsection y didn't violate subsection y?

If that's what you're saying, it's true, but what's the point of bothering to say it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#37]

I am going to go legally nuclear. I can assure you of that.

Part of the reason I'm getting a lawyer is to protect myself from contempt charges if I were to speak for myself.
View Quote

Especially the lawyer for the appeal.

So many niggling rules for appeals.

Laypersons fuck it up every time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#38]

And to other states, I do not want to impose my will on you. The reason I am so butthurt is really easy to understand, the government is not adhering to their end of the deal. I realize every state is different, and I wish all of you well but this shit needs to stop.

The entire point of a Constitution is to set ground rules for society. The government knows what it can do, the people know what they can do. This agreement has been violated.
View Quote

As you well know, but others not familiar with the area might not know, Fairfax considers itself better than the rest of the Commonwealth.  Fairfax does not concern itself with the input if the other, lesser residents of Virginia, including the legislature.

Good luck fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

As you well know, but others not familiar with the area might not know, Fairfax considers itself better than the rest of the Commonwealth.  Fairfax does not concern itself with the input if the other, lesser residents of Virginia, including the legislature.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ParityError:

Which is why it must be fought vigorously
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By rayman70:
Also include a photo.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191468/1000003343_jpg-3185227.JPG
View Quote

Lawsuits are POINTLESS at this point.

You will die before you get the court to decide, appeal after appeal.

The photo above is the only way these days, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By contract:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By contract:
Originally Posted By rayman70:
Also include a photo.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191468/1000003343_jpg-3185227.JPG

Nope. I don't believe in this judge but the Virginia court system should be able to sort this stuff out.

Please stop glowposting. I believe in Virginia not Fairfax
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Threw some more dollars to VCDL since you didn’t want personal donations. Hopefully it goes well as it can and that judge gets legally punched in the dick for infringement. Pulling for you from Chesapeake.

Side note, we went to nice, plastic permits in Chesapeake a few years ago. Also, our sheriff declared Chesapeake a firearm sanctuary city a few years back too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Threw some more dollars to VCDL since you didn’t want personal donations. Hopefully it goes well as it can and that judge gets legally punched in the dick for infringement. Pulling for you from Chesapeake.

Side note, we went to nice, plastic permits in Chesapeake a few years ago. Also, our sheriff declared Chesapeake a firearm sanctuary city a few years back too.
View Quote

Based.

Thank you brother. Virginia needs to kick out the Federal government and the shitlibs. And while I get Virginians that live in Real VirginiaTM hate Northern Virginia, just remember that we are going to be the tip of the spear.

The fight must begin in NoVA because the problem began here. I will stay here, and I will fight it, all I ask is we all drink some cold beers and eat Virginia peanuts after the legal fight. Not one more inch. Not one more form. Not one more delay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Welp, sounds like Arf is having another meet & greet in NoVa soon

"Hey Arf, you guys are seriously going to show up to WTCs court date?"

https://media.tenor.com/3FYHxljDIw0AAAAM/randy-savage-correct.gif
View Quote
Good for me   ..it's closer this time
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I just want to Patrick Henry post right now.

What, sir, is the genius of democracy? Let me read that clause of the bill of rights of Virginia which relates to this: 3d clause: — that government is, or ought to be, instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people, nation, or community. Of all the various modes and forms of government, that is best, which is capable of producing the greatest degree of happiness and safety, and is most effectually secured against the danger of mal—administration; and that whenever any government shall be found inadequate, or contrary to those purposes, a majority of the community hath an indubitable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to reform, alter, or abolish it, in such manner as shall be judged most conducive to the public weal.

This, sir, is the language of democracy — that a majority of the community have a right to alter government when found to be oppressive. But how different is the genius of your new Constitution from this! How different from the sentiments of freemen, that a contemptible minority can prevent the good of the majority! If, then, gentlemen, standing on this ground, are come to that point, that they are willing to bind themselves and their posterity to be oppressed, I am amazed and inexpressibly astonished. If this be the opinion of the majority, I must submit; but to me, sir, it appears perilous and destructive.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#46]
First thing we do is hire all the lawyers
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:
First thing we do is hire all the lawyers
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Thomas Jefferson would be proud
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#49]

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

View All Quotes

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

It is not stupid.  Brother, if I was practicing in VA, I’d handle this pro bono.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dissident:

It is not stupid.  Brother, if I was practicing in VA, I’d handle this pro bono.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dissident:

My home is here.

I have other licenses.

Thank you brother.

There are lots of illegal things that happen to us everyday. I'm tired of it. I don't want anarchy or anything crazy. The only thing I want is for the government to be held to the same legal standards I am. That's the entire point of Western law. So that everyone knows what's legal and illegal. What citizens can and can't do and what government can and can't do.

I just can't let it slide man. I'm not going to give them the documents because they're breaking the law.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top