BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:57:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GrinningDag:

I'm just saying Iran is coming out mostly unscathed and they're hoping it stays that way.

I'm rooting for a bigger strike. If you wanna scream "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" you do you.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/xP2Pdk7esI8AAAAC/will-smith-shrugs.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrinningDag:
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Well, with logic like that, it’s easy to see why you’d be a big fan of Iran.  

We don’t really know yet, what the attack was.   It’s a little early to call the “win” for either side.

I'm just saying Iran is coming out mostly unscathed and they're hoping it stays that way.

I'm rooting for a bigger strike. If you wanna scream "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" you do you.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/xP2Pdk7esI8AAAAC/will-smith-shrugs.gif

No way to know quite yet.    Goodnight.  Sweet dreams of long awaited semi-divine retribution.   We shall see.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Iran launched a crap ton of stuff and managed to put a hole in the taxi way of the Israeli airbase that's closest to their nuclear deterrent.

I'm betting Israel launched a small handful of ordnance and put a couple holes in the Iranian airbase that's closest to the Iranian nuclear effort.

The whole thing was a "We are way better at this then you are, knock shit the fuck off or you will regret it" message.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Sounds like all sides trying to deescalate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
When the news broke, Bitcoin crashed down to 60,000 and Dow futures dropped by 450.

Now only 8 hours later, BTC recovered to 64,000 and Dow futures only negative by -140ish.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By klinc:

It's all so tiresome...orchestrated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:
Originally Posted By cda97:
Disappointed that most of Iran is not on fire right now.

It's all so tiresome...orchestrated.
FIFY.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
 I read that in Trump's voice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Trump should announce that he ordered the strike.

Let me tell you, folks, nobody launches airstrikes like me, nobody! I made the best airstrike decision you've ever seen. ON IRAN! Tremendous decision, believe me. They'll be talking about it for years, it was just fantastic, really fantastic!

I read that in Trump's voice.
He left out "beautiful"....about three times.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Biden will claim he stood toe-to-toe with the Iranians and they backed down.  And that he personally prevented WW3.  
Wouldn't be surprised if the Soros gang gets him a Nobel peace prize, to help get him re-elected.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
When the news broke, Bitcoin crashed down to 60,000 and Dow futures dropped by 450.

Now only 8 hours later, BTC recovered to 64,000 and Dow futures only negative by -140ish.
View Quote

If someone farts it changes

In the 80s that would have meant something.

It means nothing now
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Makes me think those strikes got way too close for comfort and Iran realizes Israel can get very close if needed
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Makes me think those strikes got way too close for comfort and Iran realizes Israel can get very close if needed
View All Quotes

it seems that they got a little worried after all their shit talking.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Sounds like all sides trying to deescalate.
View Quote
Yeah, well, Israel doesn't need the headache right now, and I Iran is only trying to save some face, I think they know better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By blindprophet501:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blindprophet501:

They might land the next one in the Mullah's hot tub
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I believe this is far from over
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By raverill:
View Quote

It will continue AFTER Iran has the bomb.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#20]
In for the BDA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

It's  obvious Iran doesn't want escalation.  Everyone launches missiles when they don't  want escalation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Well shit. So much for the rumor that Israel was going to keep it in the cyber domain....
View Quote

"By deception you shall wage war."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Iran says no retaliation planned, as both sides seek distance from Isfahan attack.  National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir..tweeted the single word “lame!”. Link to article
Iran has no plan for immediate retaliation against Israel, a senior Iranian official said Friday, as officials in Jerusalem indicated that an alleged drone attack on a city south of Tehran was meant to send a signal rather than cause damage.

The official also cast doubt on whether Israel was behind the attack in Isfahan, despite comments from some Israeli politicians practically accepting responsibility.

Together with a subdued response from official Iranian media organs, the senior official’s comments indicated that Tehran may be uninterested in risking war to make good on threats that it would attack Israel should it retaliate for a weekend missile and drone attack, and was seeking a way to avoid being held to the bellicose promises.

“The foreign source of the incident has not been confirmed,” the Iranian official said on condition of anonymity. “We have not received any external attack, and the discussion leans more toward infiltration than attack.”

They added that Iran has no plan to strike back immediately over the attack.

In most official comments and news reports, there was no mention of Israel and state television carried analysts and pundits who appeared dismissive about the scale.

Shortly after midnight, “three drones were observed in the sky over Isfahan. The air defense system became active and destroyed these drones in the sky,” Iranian state TV said.

Senior army commander Siavosh Mihandoust was quoted by state TV as saying air defense systems had targeted a “suspicious object.” He said there had been no damage from the attack.

An analyst told state TV that mini drones flown by “infiltrators from inside Iran” had been shot down by air defenses in Isfahan.

In Israel, authorities were officially mum, but a number of politicians and former officials spoke out about the strike.

National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir, a hardliner who had pushed for a forceful response to Iran’s early Sunday attack, tweeted the single word “lame!”

A Channel 12 report claimed officials in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s inner circle slammed Ben Gvir for damaging Israel’s national security, saying the far-right minister “was and remains childish and irrelevant to any discussion.”

Opposition Leader Yair Lapid also slammed Ben Gvir.

“Never has a cabinet minister so badly hurt the country’s security, image and international standing,” wrote Lapid on X. “In an unforgivable, one-word tweet Ben Gvir managed to make Israel into a laughing stock, disgracing it from Tehran to Washington.”

According to the Washington Post, citing an Israeli official, the strike had been intended to signal to Iran that Israel has the ability to reach Iran with its weapons.

“It’s important Iran understand that when it acts against us, we have the ability to strike any point and we can do enormous damage – we have a capable air force and the US on our side,” former national security adviser Eyal Hulata told Army Radio.

The Israeli response was thought to have been tempered by international pressure to make sure that the reply did not further escalate tensions.

“Nobody wants war with Iran right now,” Netanyahu confidant Natan Eshel was quoted saying by journalist Ben Caspit. “We proved to them that we can infiltrate and strike within their borders and they weren’t able to inside ours. The messages are more important than the grandstanding. We currently have more important tasks both in Gaza and Lebanon.”

Like fellow firebrand Ben Gvir, Likud MK Tally Gotliv also appeared to spill the beans over the attack.

In a post on X, she said early Friday was “a morning to proudly hold our head up high. Israel is a strong and powerful country.” She added a prayer for the return of Israel’s “power of deterrence.”

Some politicians expressed annoyance at the comments, despite several unnamed Israeli and US officials telling foreign press outlets that Israel was behind the attack.

Israel has for years operated under a strategy of plausible deniability regarding its attacks on Iranian interests in Syria, declining to take responsibility or speak publicly about specific sorties and giving Iran and its proxies an out to avoid retaliation.

The strategy has limits though. Israel has not taken responsibility for a strike on Iran’s embassy in Damascus on April 1 that killed several members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corp, including a top officer. Nonetheless, Iran responded Sunday night by lobbing over 300 cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and armed drones at Israel.

Nearly the whole barrage was shot down by Israel, with help from the US, UK, France and Jordan. A small Israeli girl who was the only victim in the attack was badly injured by falling shrapnel; the targeted Nevatim air base also suffered light damage, according to Israeli officials.

“It’s good for us that the Iranians are telling this narrative, that it was drones, birds, just a field outside of Isfahan,” Zvika Haimovitch, a former commander of the IDF air defense array, told Channel 12. He said both countries were allowing each other “room for cover and denial,” which would enable the situation to de-escalate.

“It’s too early to say that it’s over,” former national security adviser Ephraim Halevy told Army Radio. “But there’s a difference between the Iranian attack and the Israeli response which is intended to send a message and not result in widespread and significant [damage].”
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

then why did they send 300 flying devices of various types carrying explosives into another country?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Iran says no retaliation planned, as both sides seek distance from Isfahan attack.  National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir..tweeted the single word "lame!". Link to article
View Quote
Welp, there it is: this strike was for symbolic message-sending.  Neither side really wants a war right now; Iran would like to have a nuke or two handy before it starts shooting missiles again, while Israel already has a full plate with Gaza, Hezbollah, and the West Bank.

All sides get to claim victory:  Iran got away with a direct attack on Israel pretty much unscathed, Israel showed they could do worse if they wanted to and thus re-established a degree of deterrence, and the Biden Administration -- and the US -- dodged an expensive bullet.

I know the "TURN TEHRAN INTO GLASS!!" chads here will be disappointed, but this war could have been very expensive in terms of money and blood for all sides so it's not surprising they both blinked.  But I doubt this pause will last very long.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Translation:Commander of the Iranian Army's ground force: The Zionist entity must know that if it commits a mistake, it will be punished more harshly
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Welp, there it is: this strike was for symbolic message-sending.  Neither side really wants a war right now; Iran would like to have a nuke or two handy before it starts shooting missiles again, while Israel already has a full plate with Gaza, Hezbollah, and the West Bank.

All sides get to claim victory:  Iran got away with a direct attack on Israel pretty much unscathed, Israel showed they could do worse if they wanted to and thus re-established a degree of deterrence, and the Biden Administration -- and the US -- dodged an expensive bullet.

I know the "TURN TEHRAN INTO GLASS!!" chads here will be disappointed, but this war could have been very expensive in terms of money and blood for all sides so it's not surprising they both blinked.  But I doubt this pause will last very long.
View Quote

I have a feeling this is not over. I do not think Israel is going to kick that can down the road. I am betting this is just the beginning. Even if Iran says they will not retaliate, they will get their proxies to do it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#29]
We still don’t know what, if anything, the Israelis hit?

I’m a bit underwhelmed at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#31]
It looks like Iran has blinked.  They have to be terrified of Israel and a greater coalition including the US.  Their massive attack last week was almost completely thwarted, and then Israel showed last night that they could attack inside Iran (possibly undetected until bombs start going off).

Iran didn't immediately start firing off a large barrage of missiles and drones like they promised they would.  I think they figured out they better let things go back to the status quo of proxy attacks rather than get their shit completely pushed in by Israel and end up losing power altogether.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Probably no more direct attacks from Iran proper. Back to proxy war.

My .02
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Probably no more direct attacks from Iran proper. Back to proxy war.

My .02

Until Iran has a deliverable nuke.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

then why did they send 300 flying devices of various types carrying explosives into another country?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

To save face, for their proxies, for their enemies, and for internal consumption.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

I have a feeling this is not over. I do not think Israel is going to kick that can down the road. I am betting this is just the beginning. Even if Iran says they will not retaliate, they will get their proxies to do it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

Seems to me even the best case scenario only resets the clock a couple weeks back and puts us right back where we were.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

The Ukrainian war has shown Russia AA/SAMs to be mostly shit.  Ukraine sent a drone that wad the equivalent to a Cessna 182 1,000 miles across Russia with no response.  If a Russian SAM shoots something down it is mostly luck. Between the equipment and retards running it, it isn't a threat to any decent battle plan.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Let me tell you, folks, nobody launches airstrikes like me, nobody! I made the best airstrike decision you've ever seen. ON IRAN! Tremendous decision, believe me. They'll be talking about it for years, it was just fantastic, really fantastic!

View Quote

Nobody has missiles like I do. Big, explosive, and frankly, PHALLIC missiles. Sleepy Joe’s missiles are impotent, ask anyone. I won’t tell you who, but I’ve heard that Joe’s are weak and prematurely explode. Not good. Very sad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Tyvar:
Iran launched a crap ton of stuff and managed to put a hole in the taxi way of the Israeli airbase that's closest to their nuclear deterrent.

I'm betting Israel launched a small handful of ordnance and put a couple holes in the Iranian airbase that's closest to the Iranian nuclear effort.

The whole thing was a "We are way better at this then you are, knock shit the fuck off or you will regret it" message.
View Quote

1000%
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:37:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#38]
View Quote

The fucking around has already occurred.

The finding out is at hand.

They popped the early warning radar and hit some taxi ways? Now they have time to do BDA and see if Iran might detect an incoming strike package, and they know their existing guidance systems can get long-range ordnance onto the taxiways to stop a response from taking off. I bet the big boom is tonight local time. Or they roll on the shabbath and surprise everyone.

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#39]
"Get these muthafucking snakes, off this muthafucking plane"...Israel, probably.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
You're going to like the way you starve, I gaurentee it
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Buy energy stocks!  Profit at the pumps.
Buy Northrop, Gruman, Lockeed, Hughes and other weapons mfgs!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I thought Israel was goin balls deep into Iran? Did they lose their nerve or get told? I expected to wake up this morning and see a smoking hole where an Iranian reactor stood.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I think they are called F-35s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By raverill:
View Quote

likely not within our lifetimes...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#45]

He's wondering where his pudding is. It's running behind.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By southerncross:

Westerners don't have the stomach for total war anymore.
View Quote
We have let moms and Karens have too much say.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Iran pokes a hole in an Israeli taxiway - Israel responds by poking a hole in an Iranian taxiway.  The difference would be the apparent ease Israel did it versus the 300+ missiles/drones the Iranians had to use.  There’s a lesson to be learned from this.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By konger:
I thought Israel was goin balls deep into Iran? Did they lose their nerve or get told? I expected to wake up this morning and see a smoking hole where an Iranian reactor stood.
View Quote

Israel has sharks closer to the boat to deal with.  

Most of the Gaza-Hamas leadership is still alive; they continue to see insurgents attacking in the northern Strip; there are hundreds of thousands of Israelis who can't go home until something changes in the north, which means a fight with Hezbollah; their economy isn't in the greatest shape; Raffah could turn into a disaster, by Hamas design; the West Bank is quiet only because the Israelis are raiding the place daily and have conducted 90 brigade level operations there in the last 6 months; their "ally" never misses a chance to insult or scold them in public, making everything much harder.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By madmathew:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Originally Posted By southerncross:

Westerners don't have the stomach for total war anymore.
Why would anyone want war? I believe Israel should protect itself either reactively or proactively but I don't believe that the US should we in the middle of this. The Middle East needs us more than we need them. I don't want my son fighting in Iran.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

To save face, for their proxies, for their enemies, and for internal consumption.

View Quote

Yes

Not sure why people are having such a hard time with this. They did a similar face saving strike after Solemani.

Israel responds with a fairly minor attack of their own and everyone can chill tf out for a while.

Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top