BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Papaw:
I'm going to go see this movie with Son #2 tomorrow and form my own opinion because Arfcom GD hates everything and everybody.
View Quote

@Papaw

Update us on how terrible you think it was when you get back lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

@Papaw

Update us on how terrible you think it was when you get back lol
View Quote

Will do!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll wait for it to hit streaming.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Buzz69:
I'll wait for it to hit streaming.
View Quote

Same.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/12/entertainment/civil-war-review:-a-torturous-overrated-movie-without-a-point
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

ARFCOM is going in expecting this to be the Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down of Civil War movies. It’s neither of those. It’s an artsy flick with an indie soundtrack showing the story of a veteran journalist becoming older and weaker as she comes to the end of her career while a young rookie journalist grows and builds the strength to rise to the occasion. It’s done in front a civil war backdrop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WalleyeHooker:
Originally Posted By evnash:
Every Arfcom movie review should come with a list of movies the poster considers “good”

Example anyone who considers transformers, fast n furious, or John Wick 3-4 to be “good” movies should be disregarded.

Good movies
1. Good fellas
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Brave Heart

Civil war was terrible. There was no point to story? No tears to shed if main characters died. Save your money and watch on Max.

ARFCOM is going in expecting this to be the Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down of Civil War movies. It’s neither of those. It’s an artsy flick with an indie soundtrack showing the story of a veteran journalist becoming older and weaker as she comes to the end of her career while a young rookie journalist grows and builds the strength to rise to the occasion. It’s done in front a civil war backdrop.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but just going off what other people have said, I think you're right.

This isn't a movie about gun owners rising up to save their nation from a tyrannical government in the name of liberty. The director never intended it to be.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but just going off what other people have said, I think you're right.

This isn't a movie about gun owners rising up to save their nation from a tyrannical government in the name of liberty. The director never intended it to be.
View Quote

I’m not saying you are wrong. It’s a movie titled “Civil War” and all the trailers showed only the cool scenes for the most part.
What I didn’t expect was a movie about a group of journalists driving around being fucking idiots for 1hr50min. The movie title and trailers are very misleading.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:09:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ruin] [#7]

View Quote

That sounds as bad as OP described. I learned my lesson about movies suggested by Arfcom with “Nefarious”.

That “totally not religious at all” movie felt like a Catholic Mass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:00:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadyman] [#8]
What I want to know is what guns were used and was it realistic. I hate unrealistic contrived use of weapons. Like seven shots out of a S&W revolver or never reloading after a mag dump. I’m a shot counter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:
What I want to know is what guns were used and was it realistic. I hate unrealistic contrived use of weapons. Like seven shots out of a S&W revolver or never reloading after a mag dump. I’m a shot counter.
View Quote

The combat scenes are well done, especially the Boogaloo scene
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Yup, lead boog guy had a AR-15 with EOTech 512. They were pretty well trained for a small unit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mjhines3:

I think we all are kinda confused on who was on whose side. A little backstory on how the sides formed would have been nice too.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mjhines3:
Originally Posted By MEK:
All I want to know is were the boog guys on the western side or the dictator/nationalist side?

Maybe hide answer with a spoiler

I think we all are kinda confused on who was on whose side. A little backstory on how the sides formed would have been nice too.

It was intentional so each viewer could view their own side as the “good guys”.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:27:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#12]
Every Arfcom movie review should come with a list of movies the poster considers “good”

Example anyone who considers transformers, fast n furious, or John Wick 3-4 to be “good” movies should be disregarded.
View Quote

Good point. There have been arfcom loved flicks that I’ve absolutely hated. Seeing it at 1100 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:48:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#13]

View Quote

Pretty much this in a nutshell. I noticed long ago that the GD video game cadre judges movie quality based on rounds expended, violent death by any means and high speed chase sequences. Plot, dialogue...character development? That shit's for faggots, and any movie that goes more than ten minutes without action is boring AF and a waste of time.

Not defending this movie, just a general observation.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to go see this movie with Son #2 tomorrow and form my own opinion because Arfcom GD hates everything and everybody.
View Quote

Prepare to be disappointed, it was slow and frankly not interesting.  I didn’t finish the movie it was that bad.  Just got up and walked out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Pretty much this in a nutshell. I noticed long ago that the GD video game cadre judges movie quality based on rounds expended, violent death by any means and high speed chase sequences. Plot, dialogue...character development? That shit's for faggots, and any movie that goes more than ten minutes without action is boring AF and a waste of time.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Pretty much a majority everywhere and, this is also nothing new. Been this way for a long long time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]

I’m not saying you are wrong. It’s a movie titled “Civil War” and all the trailers showed only the cool scenes for the most part.
What I didn’t expect was a movie about a group of journalists driving around being fucking idiots for 1hr50min. The movie title and trailers are very misleading.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

True.

On the other hand...just based on the descriptions I feel like this movie is probably a more accurate representation of what a modern Civil War woild actually look like, as opposed to the Civil War that most of us imagine in our heads. In reality, the civil war movie we WANT would be no more realistic than the Marvel movie franchise.

If a civil war ever actually happens, arfcommers are going to be very disappointed when half of them die within the first couple weeks after their insulin supplies run out.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got back from seeing it.

A mostly shitty movie. Any good parts you’ve already seen in the trailer.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#18]
It is hilarious that people on the right are bitching that it wasn't politicized. If it was it wouldn't be for us, no one is going to make that film.

The left is PISSED its not about MAGA getting its ass shot all to hell.

Can't make anyone happy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Went and saw it today.

After months of speculation, the actual movie is just that, a movie. No overt political nonsense, no hidden messages, just a movie.

Some really cool scenes, good soundtrack and the movie moved right along.

There are no heroes and no real good guys. The two sides naturally hate each other and it shows.

It was entertaining, to me at least. That's all I look for in a movie.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#20]
1/10. Pretty lame. 90% of the movie was a group of faggot journalists running around like idiots with a civil war going on in the background.
View Quote

I'm not sure how anyone could think it was anything other than that unless they're living under a rock. However, I do see how someone expecting Red Dawn or The Big Red One would be disappointed.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, and wants to see a "war movie" or "action movie" or wants to see a movie with clear good guys and bad guys, go see something else.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:58:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#21]
Originally Posted By vampgrrl:
It is hilarious that people on the right are bitching that it wasn't politicized. If it was it wouldn't be for us, no one is going to make that film.

Can't make anyone happy.
View Quote
I haven't seen the movie, and won't any time soon.  If for no other reason than I'm not giving the leftoids that made this my monies.

I did watch the Timcast IRL review and based on that no one on ARF is going to convince me the president is not supposed to be DT.

So the background is DT seizes power (or doesn't relinquish power) and he ends up killed while cowering from a diverse group of "Special Forces." Sounds like a leftist wet dream.  And now OP tells me that's just the background and the overlay is shitty too?

I might watch it for the combat scenes when it ends up somewhere free.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Apolitical my ass.

The guy prominently wearing a Catholic medal and cross is shown torturing looters.

The male snipers prime boning each other with painted hair and nails..

The last scene in the movie is a black lady shooting the obvious ex president.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 80085:
Arfcom opinions are not to be trusted.

https://i.imgur.com/Zxm7vuo.jpeg
View Quote

She is Gorgeous!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:33:01 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

This.

Well said.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:43:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#25]
Went and saw it today.

After months of speculation, the actual movie is just that, a movie. No overt political nonsense, no hidden messages, just a movie.

There are no heroes and no real good guys. The two sides naturally hate each other and it shows.

View Quote

It's tough for me to believe there aren't any overt political or hidden messages; seems like the entire premise and launch date alone are overtly political.

I know there is a huge section of this forum that have a "shut your mind off and enjoy the movie" slant on things but it's not the type of thing I can personally shut off.

Looking forward to streaming it when I get around to it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Went and saw it today.

View Quote

This ^ is my opinion as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I could only make it 20 minutes in.  The story and characters weren’t interesting and I could get into it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

It's tough for me to believe there aren't any overt political or hidden messages; seems like the entire premise and launch date alone are overtly political.

I know there is a huge section of this forum that have a "shut your mind off and enjoy the movie" slant on things but it's not the type of thing I can personally shut off.

View All Quotes
Went and saw it today.

For me, there are quite a few red flags here.  From what I’ve read, the main story is the passing of the torch from a seasoned war correspondent to a younger one but this movie could have taken place in any war setting.  Why not the Russia- Ukraine war?

Nope, it was done in the setting of an American civil war and released during an election year in a climate where civil war and political discourse is the highest.  What a coincidence that this film will probably be released to DVD and the streaming/download market just before the election?

This is no accident.  This purpose is to further spread discourse and political division in an already tinderbox environment, as well as normalizing the concept of a modern day civil war.  Seeing it on film makes it much easier to accept its possibility when it actually happens.

If America does enter a civil war, that will be the end of this country.  Isn’t it pretty obvious that the Left has been trying to do this at least since Obama and probably before?

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:41:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#29]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

For me, there are quite a few red flags here.  From what I’ve read, the main story is the passing of the torch from a seasoned war correspondent to a younger one but this movie could have taken place in any war setting.  Why not the Russia- Ukraine war?

Nope, it was done in the setting of an American civil war and released during an election year in a climate where civil war and political discourse is the highest.  What a coincidence that this film will probably be released to DVD and the streaming/download market just before the election?

This is no accident.  This purpose is to further spread discourse and political division in an already tinderbox environment, as well as normalizing the concept of a modern day civil war.  Seeing it on film makes it much easier to accept its possibility when it actually happens.

If America does enter a civil war, that will be the end of this country.  Isn’t it pretty obvious that the Left has been trying to do this at least since Obama and probably before?

View Quote

That's pretty much where my head is at as well.

I'll still watch it but will wait to STREAM it when the good LORD makes it available

If you know you know
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JQ66:
One of the main actresses said the movie is a love story to journalism
View Quote

Haven’t seen it, but that I could believe.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#33]
movie sucked horribly
im goad i didnt pay to see it. or i would be mad

plot was crap.
characters were meeh at best.
the director who did the movie "the road" should do this movie and make it realistic, showing just how shitty a modern american civil was would be
everyone romanticizes this crap but the reality is never show or understood other than a select few who have witnessed it first hand in other nations
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:

While I agree, when it comes to movie recommendations  she is attractive, if you dig her genetic makeup.

Never heard of her before. Going off her physical appearance, she's either southern or a libtard. One I like, the other I don't. My guess is she's a tard.

Here's a more GD acceptable photo.
https://hips.hearstapps.com/rover/profile_photos/0af46e53-2afc-4bc3-a46d-53ebcf4fc0bf_1470419770.jpg
View Quote
She kinda looks like Syd the sloth
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#35]

While I agree, when it comes to movie recommendations  she is attractive, if you dig her genetic makeup.

Never heard of her before. Going off her physical appearance, she's either southern or a libtard. One I like, the other I don't. My guess is she's a tard.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/rover/profile_photos/0af46e53-2afc-4bc3-a46d-53ebcf4fc0bf_1470419770.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 80085:
Arfcom opinions are not to be trusted.

https://i.imgur.com/Zxm7vuo.jpeg

Not my type
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ErikOR:
Originally Posted By JQ66:
One of the main actresses said the movie is a love story to journalism

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221498/IMG_7441_jpeg-3173141_jpeg-3186166.JPG

point being to journalism, not "journalism". <- note the air quotes

Garland quote
Attempting to remove bias and usually not using the word ‘I,’ trying to objectify it or rather to be objective in that reporting, that was the dominant form of journalism for a long time, and it had the benefit of feeling more trustworthy than news organizations that are effectively working as propagandists in one way or another,” Garland said.

I'd argue propaganda was part of journalism back to 60s, but nothing like it is now.  Stream of stories from NY times and NPR how their explicit bias hides any stories that could reflect well on Trump, etc.

I haven't seen it yet (been on call), but portrayal is supposed to be journalist who report facts, instead of their opinions and how you are supposed to think about events.  

It's a pretty shocking statement coming from someone in hollywood. lefties are still trying to spin it as "orange man bad" and getting mad they can't.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

When it's about how journalism differs from propaganda, could there be a better time to have launched it?
and Garland's position is propaganda bad.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By vampgrrl:

Can't make anyone happy.
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ViolentDelight:
Apolitical my ass.

The guy prominently wearing a Catholic medal and cross is shown torturing looters.

The male snipers prime boning each other with painted hair and nails..

The last scene in the movie is a black lady shooting the obvious ex president.
View Quote
She shot the black press secretary as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
She shot the black press secretary as well.
View Quote

I was hoping someone else noticed that. Could have had that character be an Asian. Or Hispanic, or a black man or even a white woman, a few of them have been Press Secretaries over the years. But that's who they chose to be the Press Secretary in a movie all about the press and a president who had a rather... Murderous disdain for the press in general.

But maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yellowhammer1] [#41]
If the whole country is shot up and imploding and society has broken down, who is at home watching cnn or fox or whatever? I.e. who are these "press" people reporting to?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scratch45] [#42]
Originally Posted By yellowhammer1:
If the whole country is shot up and imploding and society has broken down, who is at home watching cnn or fox or whatever? I.e. who are these "press" people reporting to?
View Quote

They just take pictures.  No writing or reporting.  Just take pics.
They mention they work for Reuters
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#43]
While it may be a lame film, the good thing is that Civil War 2 themed movies, TV, games may become more socially acceptable as more of these things get made.

Hopefully as a side effect of that, people put more thought into politics and what the founding fathers originally intended.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: borat] [#44]
Fucking garbage.  Was TRYING to fall asleep.  Even the dude next to me said THIS IS STUPID.

Even my teen son said it sucked.

Nothing good about it.  Even the military shit sucked.

Are there any fucking GOOD movies anymore?

The 10 trailers they showed were all SHIT ON A STICK.  Nothing but fucking sound effects.

TLDR = Civil War sucked my anus
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Its ok for alphabet deviants to kill people because they are trying to kill them.

It's ok to kill a sitting president without a trial because you're the good guys and the media got a quote.

The movie makes no sense other than a bad guy president who appears popular to someone and unpopular to others.

The social/cultural ques are Hawaiian shirts and multi colored hair/fingernail people and those ostrich people that have no clue anything is going on.

I think it's basically a movie that tells a certain group of people that it's ok to fight an illegitimate government up to assassination of a president without trial.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#46]
When they aligned Texas with Mexico I thought to myself, nope. Will never see it. I want my fiction to at least be believable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#47]
About a week late to the game for me but The Critical Drinker basically confirms what most on this forum have said.

Talented actors but a movie that in an effort to not offend anyone says absolutely nothing

Civil War - Sound And Fury, Signifying Nothing
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw it with my wife today..............it was interesting, but mildly so. The guys assaulting the building wearing Hawaiian shirts make me chuckle a little.............almost like someone had been scanning Arfcom for ideas. Otherwise it was meh
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
I thought it was good.  Were you expecting a war movie like a moderm saving private ryan or something?
View Quote

That is was my wife thought when she invited me to go to the movie today.

She said "I thought is was a full war movie like Saving Private Ryan"

I liked it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
I saw it with my wife today..............it was interesting, but mildly so. The guys assaulting the building wearing Hawaiian shirts make me chuckle a little.............almost like someone had been scanning Arfcom for ideas. Otherwise it was meh
View Quote

The boog Hawaiian shirt thing started on ARFCOM?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top