Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Move to a free state
View Quote

I knew one would show up here sooner than later.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Aww poor baby..
View Quote

Very insightful contribution. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:50:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Falcon09] [#3]
My family has vacationed in Pagosa Springs, CO every Christmas for the last 12 years. We won't be going back

We went to Pinetop, AZ one year and they had snow at Christmas, we will probably start going to somewhere around there or maybe Ruidoso, NM, at least until they screw up their 2a.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Well, that sucks. What exactly does the Colorado AWB do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It ass rapes the Constitutions by outlawing the transfer / sale of 90% of the most useful and popular firearms in America. If this passes, it will essentially outlaw semi auto sales here.

For those who think it might not be "that" unconstitutional...

From the Colorado constitution

All persons have certain natural, essential and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; of acquiring, possessing and protecting property; and of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness.

Ironically, Colorado's version of the 2A is written in a way that contradicts the Federal 2A. It is horribly written. But this law is still a violation of it.

The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when there to legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mancat:

What's your problem?

The influx fucked up the politics of most west coast states whether you want to admit it or not
View Quote

The population of CO nearly doubled in the past 15-20 years. Guess where most of em came from? Yup some liberal paradise or another.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun enthusiasts of New Mexico better be paying attention because the further this goes in Colorado the more embolden MLG, Et al. will be in January for their next 60 day session. The 10th circuit is not the most gun friendly court and I don’t think that Gorsuch will differ from Barrett, in the 7th (Illinois), on how immediate awb injuctions/stays/appeals are handled. So if it passes then it will likely stick unless SCOTUS rules on these bans.

I doubt the Colorado senate is going to be any better than their house but I really hope this bill gets stalled. Hopefully the bill’s continued movement can generate more public pushback and motivate some fence sitters to get more involved to stop this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:
Californians doing what Californians do.
View Quote

It does sound like California gun control but on steriods
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Square66:

And there it is.  All California's fault.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with two generations of leftists being churned out under your noses in your own high schools and universities.
View All Quotes

And there it is.  All California's fault.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with two generations of leftists being churned out under your noses in your own high schools and universities.
John Denver's fault.  He meant his 1972 song "Rocky Mountain High" to attract leftist potheads to Colorado.  Since teaching is the only job even a pothead can do - here we are.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]

You don't believe the massive influx of Californians and their well established voting habits has nothing to do with this?

View All Quotes

And there it is.  All California’s fault.  I’m sure it has nothing to do with two generations of leftists being churned out under your noses in your own high schools and universities.

You don't believe the massive influx of Californians and their well established voting habits has nothing to do with this?

It does but home grown leftists from those schools he mentioned probably has a bigger effect.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

View Quote

Its way worse than CA. It seems to ban 80-90% of all semi autos from what the various pro-gun orgs are saying. Certainly shit like semi shotguns and many hunting rifles as well. Unclear on the pistol thing but maybe those too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

It does but home grown leftists from those schools he mentioned probably has a bigger effect.

View Quote

Lol no. Colorado's population didn't double from home-grown sources.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#12]
Originally Posted By PorkchopSandwhiches:

Scotus isn’t going to save shit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PorkchopSandwhiches:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
COLORADO STATE SENATE

https://i.ibb.co/L5Szz5D/IMG-1404.jpg

Looks like CO is another state losing the 2nd Amendment.

In before “the SCOTUS will save us”.

Scotus isn’t going to save shit

That was my point. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch are fine with the restrictions in the 1934 NFA and 1968 GCA (they said so during confirmation hearings) and Gorsuch just clarified that he is for machine gun bans. Kavanaugh does not like to rule on Founder’s intent but instead on precedent and Barrett ruled/sided with leftist SC judges on homemade guns. We only have Thomas as Trump’s “best people” weren’t the best as usual.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Like_Button] [#13]
You all really going to let some grandmas and commies in suits take away your rights?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

View All Quotes

It took 40 years to double.

It was both.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#15]

What's your problem?

The influx fucked up the politics of most west coast states whether you want to admit it or not
View All Quotes

Aww poor baby..

What's your problem?

There were "Don't Californicate Oregon" bumper stickers at least as far back as the 1970s.  It has been a West Coast problem for a long time.  Except I bet the 1970s looney lefties would be considered conservatives nowadays.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Colorado hysteria even appears to ban muzzle brakes on new sales. On both semi pistols & rifles.

This won’t have any impact on criminal acquisition & misuse of firearms but will harass the law abiding enthusiasts and their progeny. It’s more than just symbolic, it’s hegemonic culturecide.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]

It took 40 years to double.

It was both.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mayday] [#18]
So........completely ignored TWO Supreme Court rulings.  

BUT you want us to follow YOUR stupid law.

Got it

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Its way worse than CA. It seems to ban 80-90% of all semi autos from what the various pro-gun orgs are saying. Certainly shit like semi shotguns and many hunting rifles as well. Unclear on the pistol thing but maybe those too.
View All Quotes

The way it's currently written, it would outlaw transfer of semi auto pistols with threaded barrels.

Seems very easy to get around that, if the vendors are willing to continue to ship threaded barrels.

It seems to have been intending to target all the pistol things the ATF was recently trying to label as SBRs. AR, AK, Suit Scorpion and so forth. They have a list. IIRC, the list doesn't have any CCW pistols on it.

Remember 15+ round mags are already "illegal to transfer" in Colorado. I've never heard of that law being enforced, outside of the fairly infamous competition scandal a few years back. IIRC, that was in the Boulder area.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

And there it is.  All California’s fault.  I’m sure it has nothing to do with two generations of leftists being churned out under your noses in your own high schools and universities.

I sure do. All Californians are leftists...

...its proven fact
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14563/IMG_0996-3186566.jpg

I haven't read the bill, that's a summary from earlier this year from a news web site.
View All Quotes

I haven't read the bill, that's a summary from earlier this year from a news web site.
The stupid CA description
Welcome to the party CO.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By hollywood387:

Even a bolt action if it has DBM and a threaded barrel.

It's a 2nd generation ban on virtually all firearms.

You can keep what you have but you can never "transfer" them..... even to your heirs.

H
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
So my old Remington 2+1 semi auto skeet gun is now an "assault weapon" in Colorado?   Jesus Christ.

You can keep what you have but you can never "transfer" them..... even to your heirs.

H

Reading the above post with some of the language + your post makes this a damn-near spitting image of the Cali ban language...

...but not even a 'bullet button' is allowed
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

Reading the above post with some of the language + your post makes this a damn-near spitting image of the Cali ban language...

...but not even a 'bullet button' is allowed
View Quote

And our Cali AW ban recently got ruled unconstitutional, so the CO AW should be ruled the same if it goes into law.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#24]

...its proven fact
View All Quotes

...its proven fact

True. California conservatives are not conservatives- a two minute conversation on political issues proves it every time. If they were conservative, and freedom was important to them, they wouldn’t live there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]

And our Cali AW ban recently got ruled unconstitutional, so the CO AW should be ruled the same if it goes into law.
View Quote

LOL, do you even understand how the circuit courts work? And no, your AWB was ruled unconstitutional, then that was overturned en banc. So you still have it and are fucked. I don't have much faith in the CO 10th circuit either or SCROTUS in general.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#26]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

The way it's currently written, it would outlaw transfer of semi auto pistols with threaded barrels.

Seems very easy to get around that, if the vendors are willing to continue to ship threaded barrels.

It seems to have been intending to target all the pistol things the ATF was recently trying to label as SBRs. AR, AK, Suit Scorpion and so forth. They have a list. IIRC, the list doesn't have any CCW pistols on it.

Remember 15+ round mags are already "illegal to transfer" in Colorado. I've never heard of that law being enforced, outside of the fairly infamous competition scandal a few years back. IIRC, that was in the Boulder area.
View Quote

The WA AWB that this is largely a copy of, technically does not ban AR uppers. It bans complete firearms with those features.

Still, good luck getting a complete upper shipped to your door by PSA or others. Primary Arms is one of the few big online resellers that will ship, and you still have to sign a little waiver saying that you won't do bad stuff with it.

No LGS I've been into still has complete uppers for sale that I've seen.

The bigger problem is our new liability law that states the AG office can sue any out of state entity for selling a gun or gun accessory used in a crime. It's a double whammy in combination with the AWB

Oh and our state AG is aggressively prosecuting shops selling full cap mags. Even though the ban was just ruled unconstitutional, the state had an emergency stay issued within 2 hours of the ruling, by a court COMMISSIONER - not even  a judge.

If you guys get an aggressive AG in office like ours who wants to enforce the mag ban or AWB, you're fucked
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:

There were "Don't Californicate Oregon" bumper stickers at least as far back as the 1970s.  It has been a West Coast problem for a long time.  Except I bet the 1970s looney lefties would be considered conservatives nowadays.
View Quote

The invasion of CO started in the 80's. Got really bad around 2000. Its not all CA, tons of New Yawka's and other east coast shitholes too, whom are arguably worse.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#28]

H
View Quote

Honestly I don't read it like this, it specifies semi-autos for the features as I read it. IDK maybe I'm wrong. But seems like bolt action anything should be ok threaded barrel or otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#29]

True. California conservatives are not conservatives- a two minute conversation on political issues proves it every time. If they were conservative, and freedom was important to them, they wouldn’t live there.
View Quote

I'd rather deal with the shit here than live in fucking Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#30]

The population of CO nearly doubled in the past 15-20 years. Guess where most of em came from? Yup some liberal paradise or another.
View Quote

YoU HaS No PrUf CaLiFORNiaNS VoTeD FeR ThIs!`
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
It’s all so tiresome.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:52:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#33]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
So, tell me about the 10th Circuit.
View Quote

Not great really. We might luck out on a judge but odds are nope. About 1/4 are hard leftists appointed recently by Obummer/Biden. Another 1/4 look pretty left. The "right wing" appointments look "moderate" with a few exceptions. So... 75/25 we are probably fucked unless we luck out on one of the few hard right ones.

whee
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By hollywood387:  Even a bolt action if it has DBM and a threaded barrel.It's a 2nd generation ban on virtually all firearms. You can keep what you have but you can never "transfer" them..... even to your heirs.HOWDY
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#35]

The WA AWB that this is largely a copy of, technically does not ban AR uppers. It bans complete firearms with those features.

Still, good luck getting a complete upper shipped to your door by PSA or others. Primary Arms is one of the few big online resellers that will ship, and you still have to sign a little waiver saying that you won't do bad stuff with it.

The bigger problem is our new liability law that states the AG office can sue any out of state entity for selling a gun or gun accessory used in a crime. It's a double whammy in combination with the AWB

Oh and our state AG is aggressively prosecuting shops selling full cap mags. Even though the ban was just ruled unconstitutional, the state had an emergency stay issued within 2 hours of the ruling, by a court COMMISSIONER - not even  a judge.

If you guys get an aggressive AG in office like ours who wants to enforce the mag ban or AWB, you're fucked
View All Quotes

Good insight. I'm truly sorry to hear what has happened to your beautiful state and hope it can be turned around.

We have a pretty strong tradition of the local Sheriff telling the State to get fucked on illegal gun laws. So I don't know who, where or how it's going to be enforced.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Not great really. We might luck out on a judge but odds are nope.

whee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
So, tell me about the 10th Circuit.

Not great really. We might luck out on a judge but odds are nope.

whee

IMO, the entire purpose of the district and circuit courts, in this context, is to be a mechanism for appeal.

The way things are going, I could see myself filing a case, as an individual.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Pantexan:

View Quote

Features apply to semi autos. Not bolt actions/lever etc. As I read it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#38]

IMO, the entire purpose of the district and circuit courts, in this context, is to be a mechanism for appeal.

The way things are going, I could see myself filing a case, as an individual.
View Quote

Problem is it will take YEARS to get to the SCOTUS.  At this point our best bets for any sort of resolution on this shit are the 4th circuit (bianchi), but they are playing the waiting game, 9th cicrcus seems to be playing delay it as long as possible. 7 circuit is a fucking mess too.

SCOTUS wise, the left is grasping at the straw that several judges have put in about "particularly dangerous weapons" which people on the right took to mean NFA stuff. But who the fuck knows how it will turn out, and thats assuming it goes to the SCOUTS while we have a sort-of majority.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Different circuit court.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Falcon09:
My family has vacationed in Pagosa Springs, CO every Christmas for the last 12 years. We won't be going back

We went to Pinetop, AZ one year and they had snow at Christmas, we will probably start going to somewhere around there or maybe Ruidoso, NM, at least until they screw up their 2a.
View Quote

Texans vacationing in all the mountains states is no different than liberals moving into them. You’re both no good and not wanted.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#41]
California. You can ski and surf in the same day!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Big difference between a conservative and a constitutionalist.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Same shit here

I travel to CA a lot for work.

About five years back or so I overhear a conversation between three boomer aged California couples in the waiting area for my flight.

They hit it off over something they had in common: all three were flying out to WA to look at properties. All thee then exclaimed "wow!!" when they realized they were all going to look in the same area of WA - right where I live.

The area of WA I live in has grown tremendously since we bought our place around 12 years ago. Almost every new house that has gone up on our once quiet road sold to someone from California
View Quote

The offspring of the Seattle grunge turds that moved to CA and ruined us are going back home where they belong.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
California. You can ski and surf in the same day!
View Quote

Got a nice ski area 15 minutes from me. The beach is only a 30 minute drive from here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#45]

View All Quotes

Enjoy dealing with your overpriced real estate, high taxes, gun control, illegal invasion, high crime, 3rd world cities, perverts, and leftists.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#46]
CompMag is going to see a sharp increase in business.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Going by their definitions my marlin m60 .22 would be a assault weapon as it holds seventeen rounds.

Colorado government is insane.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By realwar:  You have absolutely no proof Californian transplants are voting for this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I'm only aware of a .50 being used in a crime once (killdozer guy), though one was recovered from the Branch Davidian cult compound ruins, but I'm pretty sure we would have known if one was used there. Anyway, we definitely need to ban this thing that has never actually been used to hurt or murder anybody. It's dangerous alright.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Former Californian here.  Never voted for a Democrat in my life.  What makes you more ideologically pure than I am?   Dying to hear this explanation.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top