BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Square66:

And there it is.  All California’s fault.  I’m sure it has nothing to do with two generations of leftists being churned out under your noses in your own high schools and universities.
View Quote

Where did those two generations of leftists come from?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:

I'd rather deal with the shit here than live in fucking Ohio.
View Quote

I spent a fair amount of time traveling in Ohio for work.  It smells like, rust, meth, and despair.   Toledo looks like it went through a B-52 strike.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Naffenea:

Where did those two generations of leftists come from?
View Quote

Mostly the children you all raised when mom and dad were too busy outsourcing the care of their children to the public schools.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:  But I less bad for Colorado when they bash California transplants. Fuck ‘em if they want to play the blame game.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I'm pissed at my state government. I wrote my state legislators, voted, tried to speak up with friends and neighbors. I knew it wouldn't make a bit of difference and it didn't.

I dont know where this leaves me with regards to Colorado. I love the mountains, we own a couple homes here, have good jobs, friends, a good church that we love, but this state keeps getting worse and worse culturally and politically...
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Does this include 10 round magazine restrictions?

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Former Californian here.  Never voted for a Democrat in my life.  What makes you more ideologically pure than I am?   Dying to hear this explanation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

True. California conservatives are not conservatives- a two minute conversation on political issues proves it every time. If they were conservative, and freedom was important to them, they wouldn’t live there.

Former Californian here.  Never voted for a Democrat in my life.  What makes you more ideologically pure than I am?   Dying to hear this explanation.

I know there are a few.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#8]

I spent a fair amount of time traveling in Ohio for work.  It smells like, rust, meth, and despair.   Toledo looks like it went through a B-52 strike.
View Quote

Just think how bad it will be when the democrats decide to ban AWs in Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aerospace_Money] [#9]
This is why you can't give them an inch on anything they care about. No weed, nothing.  Keep them occupied fighting off your own bans.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mancat:

If you guys get an aggressive AG in office like ours who wants to enforce the mag ban or AWB, you're fucked
View Quote

Unfortunately, this is what we are seeing as well. Many vendors refuse to ship ANYTHING firearm related to IL anymore, even if technically legal.
Hell, Sportsmans Guide requested a FOID for a pair of BOOTS apparently because they were tagged as Hunting items.

I'm afraid it's going to be a long and expensive road to litigate this nonsense.....for all of us.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Not great really. We might luck out on a judge but odds are nope. About 1/4 are hard leftists appointed recently by Obummer/Biden. Another 1/4 look pretty left. The "right wing" appointments look "moderate" with a few exceptions. So... 75/25 we are probably fucked unless we luck out on one of the few hard right ones.

whee
View Quote

And even if you do pull a good judge, they get overturned almost immediately by the next level. We've seen it here over and over.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]

True. California conservatives are not conservatives- a two minute conversation on political issues proves it every time. If they were conservative, and freedom was important to them, they wouldn’t live there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

And there it is.  All California’s fault.  I’m sure it has nothing to do with two generations of leftists being churned out under your noses in your own high schools and universities.

You don't believe the massive influx of Californians and their well established voting habits has nothing to do with this?

I sure do. All Californians are leftists...

...its proven fact

Pretty broad brush there, I wouldn't go quite that far. There is some good legit conservatives there. Some are too tied in, or they are planning to move and haven't yet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad.

I'm incredibly happy though that I did not purchase land in that state as I had planned at one time.  Watching it fall down the permanent liberal shit-hole well over the past decade has been sad.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:
Check you ethics laws. Many states made ethics investigations mandatory during the summer of love era. Use a little lefty lawfare and file numerous complaints against the traitors. Start combing though your criminal laws as well.

If you own a business trespass them.

There are many legal ways of making your disapproval known.
View Quote

When are we going to start doing these things?  When are we going to start making it uncomfortable for these mother-fuckers?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The communist enclaves are really doubling-down on their unconstitutional gun laws since Bruen. The problem is that they know there will be no consequences for doing it. They may as well just openly proclaim that they no longer recognize the Constitution as the law of the land. Nothing would happen to them as a result. Sure, people would piss and moan about it. There'd be some choice memes circulated. Lots of bluster. But in the end, the communists would be allowed to get away with it, as they get away with all of their other anti-American, unconstitutional bullshit.

These communist tyrants aren't going to stop until private gun ownership is outlawed. And anyone who dares to defy them will be made an example of in a manner so dreadful that no one will even think of crossing them. That's the future if things continue down this road.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Well, that sucks. What exactly does the Colorado AWB do?
View Quote

Now that it's been thoroughly cali-fucked, no surprise it's modeled after the cali AWB.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Who really gives a shit how many anti gun laws are passed, everyone's going to own them anyway, be adults and stop being whiners, nobody likes a whiner!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#18]
The real question is : will all of the illegal “ immigrants “  (terrorists) pouring into Colorado abide by this new “law”.?
If so , well then.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
The real question is : will all of the illegal " immigrants "  (terrorists) pouring into Colorado abide by this new "law".?
If so , well then.
View Quote
I think you can expect the feds to arm them. We live in strange days for the republic.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Well, that sucks. What exactly does the Colorado AWB do?
View Quote

IIRC, It is like the IL AWB.  Bans pretty much every single semi-auto rifle in existence.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
The real question is : will all of the illegal “ immigrants “  (terrorists) pouring into Colorado abide by this new “law”.?
If so , well then.
View Quote

Here in IL the courts ruled they can own guns and don't need a FOID.  

Pritzker passed a bill last year that they can be hired as cops.

This is how they are going to disarm us.  They are going to turn the 3rd world invaders into cops who won't give a shit about your rights.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Move to a free state
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Extorris:
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Move to a free state

The conservative battle cry.....RETREAT!

Until there is nowhere to go.  Then we will get serious.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

Pritzker passed a bill last year that they can be hired as cops.

This is how they are going to disarm us.  They are going to turn the 3rd world invaders into cops who won't give a shit about your rights.
View Quote
The national police that Obama wanted to create. Their only mandate will be to enforce the will of The Party. The democrat-communists are finally going to have their own NKVD that they have dreamed of for decades. I wonder if the democrats will appoint local commissars to make sure the proletariats are properly on their knees.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ronin76:
I wonder if this "50 caliber" rifle ban was written intelligently enough to exclude muzzle loaders.
View Quote

Not from my read.

AS USED IN THIS PART 6, UNLESS THE CONTEXT OTHERWISE REQUIRES:
(1) ".50 CALIBER RIFLE" MEANS A CENTER FIRE RIFLE CAPABLE OF FIRING A .50 CALIBER CARTRIDGE. THE TERM DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY ANTIQUE FIREARM, ANY SHOTGUN, INCLUDING A SHOTGUN THAT HAS A RIFLE BARREL, OR ANY MUZZLE-LOADER THAT USES BLACK POWDER FOR HUNTING OR HISTORICAL REENACTMENTS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14563/IMG_0996-3186566.jpg

I haven't read the bill, that's a summary from earlier this year from a news web site.
View Quote

First and foremost, fuck those guys.

What constitutes a "detachable" stock? Most stocks I've seen are "detachable" to some degree or another.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#27]

You don't believe the massive influx of Californians and their well established voting habits has nothing to do with this?

View All Quotes

It's funnier because neither of you list your state.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ButterBacon:
Some survey found that the majority of CO residents weren't born there. Didn't give a break down as to where most of them came from tho.
View Quote

I was born there. Left in 1978, when I was 22. Colorado had become Californicated.

Loved growing up there. Have no desire to ever go back.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:54:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatidua] [#30]
I'm not sure how one person on Arfcom bashing a different person on Arfcom from a different state furthers gun rights but here we are.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

I sure do. All Californians are leftists...

...its proven fact

Lol.

Then again, I'm leaving. You're still talking directly out of your ass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#32]
There are few of of them from the Bay area

Some from colorado

The rest of them michigan, illinois, new yawk

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CharlesUFina:
Big difference between a conservative and a constitutionalist.
View Quote

Not in America. In America, the Constitution is what is to be conserved.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

Yeah, a small handful of my HS and college buddies up and moved from Ohio to CO and WA when they became the first to pass recreational marijuana.  One of them didn't even have a job lined up... just quit his hourly Ohio job, put his shit in his car, and left.  I'm willing to bet that was a huge piece of the puzzle of becoming full on hippie-liberal state... a ton of people probably moved to CO/WA/OR there 2012-2016 when they were the only 3 CONUS states to legalize recreational use.

As usual, Ohio comes in the middle of the pack as the 25th state to legalize recreational use.
View Quote
That's right, folks on here were "we gotta vote for freedom to smoke weed then the dopers will vote with us to keep our guns."

No they didn't.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
I’ve done a lot of shooting in Colorado. One of the most beautiful ranges is near Breckenridge.

But I less bad for Colorado when they bash California transplants. Fuck ‘em if they want to play the blame game.
View Quote

Fun fact: That range is where that Biofire smart gun was tested. I got to make fun of the dude making it one day out there. Very unsafe range these days with other people there, though
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Does this apply to Iranian Terrorists?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Three pages in and nobody mentioned that almost 1/3 of the state legislature was appointed, not elected? I would say just vote harder next time, but I'm not a CO resident so I can't legally vote here. Maybe someone will make the joke harder next time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#38]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

Marijuana is a way of life for far too many, and most will happily give up enumerated rights so they can smoke their precious weed.

Useless fucking pieces of shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
Originally Posted By redfish86:

This

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for some good ole fashioned California bashing, but this one is probably a bit more homegrown for Colorado.  Hell, the place was infested with leftists when I lived there in the early 90’s.

Yeah, a small handful of my HS and college buddies up and moved from Ohio to CO and WA when they became the first to pass recreational marijuana.  One of them didn't even have a job lined up... just quit his hourly Ohio job, put his shit in his car, and left.  I'm willing to bet that was a huge piece of the puzzle of becoming full on hippie-liberal state... a ton of people probably moved to CO/WA/OR there 2012-2016 when they were the only 3 CONUS states to legalize recreational use.

As usual, Ohio comes in the middle of the pack as the 25th state to legalize recreational use.

Marijuana is a way of life for far too many, and most will happily give up enumerated rights so they can smoke their precious weed.

Useless fucking pieces of shit.

Shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place.

If people want to consume a natural plant you can grow in your own back yard or a spirit you can ferment yourself, things and actions that predate the government itself, the government should fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Lawless_Flogic:

View All Quotes

I said earlier that I grew up in California.  Where I live now is irrelevant to the conversation.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#40]
so to dumb it down.  what are supposed to do with this vote result?  get rid of whatever AR you have?  is there a next step?  grandfather law?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

The way it's currently written, it would outlaw transfer of semi auto pistols with threaded barrels.

Seems very easy to get around that, if the vendors are willing to continue to ship threaded barrels.

It seems to have been intending to target all the pistol things the ATF was recently trying to label as SBRs. AR, AK, Suit Scorpion and so forth. They have a list. IIRC, the list doesn't have any CCW pistols on it.

Remember 15+ round mags are already "illegal to transfer" in Colorado. I've never heard of that law being enforced, outside of the fairly infamous competition scandal a few years back. IIRC, that was in the Boulder area.
View All Quotes

The way it's currently written, it would outlaw transfer of semi auto pistols with threaded barrels.

Seems very easy to get around that, if the vendors are willing to continue to ship threaded barrels.

It seems to have been intending to target all the pistol things the ATF was recently trying to label as SBRs. AR, AK, Suit Scorpion and so forth. They have a list. IIRC, the list doesn't have any CCW pistols on it.

Remember 15+ round mags are already "illegal to transfer" in Colorado. I've never heard of that law being enforced, outside of the fairly infamous competition scandal a few years back. IIRC, that was in the Boulder area.

Wrong. This legislation Bans the possession of accessories that can produce an assault weapon as defined by the legislation:

(2) (a) "ASSAULT WEAPON", EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (2)(b) OF THIS SECTION, MEANS:
(V) A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, OR THAT MAY BE READILY MODIFIED TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, IF THE SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL HAS ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
(A) A THREADED BARREL;
(XIII) ANY PART OR COMBINATION OF PARTS DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO CONVERT A FIREARM INTO AN ASSAULT WEAPON AS DEFINED IN THIS SUBSECTION (2)
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#42]

I said earlier that I grew up in California.  Where I live now is irrelevant to the conversation.
View All Quotes

Still funny.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bryman:
so to dumb it down.  what are supposed to do with this vote result?  get rid of whatever AR you have?  is there a next step?  grandfather law?
View Quote

Still has to pass the senate (which it will) and be signed by the governor. Polis likes to larp as a moderate, despite being one of the main reasons the state went solid blue, so there's at least a small chance he doesn't sign it. I believe it grandfathers existing AWBs but they can't be passed down through inheritances.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sc16:
Who really gives a shit how many anti gun laws are passed, everyone's going to own them anyway, be adults and stop being whiners, nobody likes a whiner!
View Quote

I assume the FFLs who lose or go out of business care. I know that despite already owning a decent number of guns, and have the resources to mostly side step this nonsense... I don't much appreciate these communist red coats trying to deny the common man access to arms.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Wrong. This legislation Bans the possession of accessories that can produce an assault weapon as defined by the legislation:

View All Quotes

(2) (a) "ASSAULT WEAPON", EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (2)(b) OF THIS SECTION, MEANS:
(V) A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, OR THAT MAY BE READILY MODIFIED TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, IF THE SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL HAS ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
(A) A THREADED BARREL;
(XIII) ANY PART OR COMBINATION OF PARTS DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO CONVERT A FIREARM INTO AN ASSAULT WEAPON AS DEFINED IN THIS SUBSECTION (2)

That's interesting, I did not notice that BS.

Totally unenforceable, unless the vendors enforce it. There's no way for anyone to know if a part is a replacement or repair part for an allowed / grandfathered in "assault weapon" or if it's "parts to convert"

That part seems to confirm that logically, a guy who owns 100 "assault weapons" in the form of stripped AR lowers, before the law, should be able to order all the uppers and parts he wants if this goes into effect. I have my doubts that's how it will turn out, we could get screwed out of all parts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Arboris_Arch:

Still has to pass the senate (which it will) and be signed by the governor. Polis likes to larp as a moderate, despite being one of the main reasons the state went solid blue, so there's at least a small chance he doesn't sign it. I believe it grandfathers existing AWBs but they can't be passed down through inheritances.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Arboris_Arch:
Originally Posted By Bryman:

I believe that part changed, and now the only legal transfer is upon death.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LocalGunEnthusiast:
Gun enthusiasts of New Mexico better be paying attention because the further this goes in Colorado the more embolden MLG, Et al. will be in January for their next 60 day session. The 10th circuit is not the most gun friendly court and I don’t think that Gorsuch will differ from Barrett, in the 7th (Illinois), on how immediate awb injuctions/stays/appeals are handled. So if it passes then it will likely stick unless SCOTUS rules on these bans.

I doubt the Colorado senate is going to be any better than their house but I really hope this bill gets stalled. Hopefully the bill’s continued movement can generate more public pushback and motivate some fence sitters to get more involved to stop this.
View Quote

I'm actually surprised CO went first over NM. Both will happen soon. OR is probably next. NV is likely not too far behind. Soon the only states in the west that will have good gun laws will be ID, UT and maybe AZ.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#48]

That's interesting, I did not notice that BS.

Totally unenforceable, unless the vendors enforce it. There's no way for anyone to know if a part is a replacement or repair part for an allowed / grandfathered in "assault weapon" or if it's "parts to convert"

That part seems to confirm that logically, a guy who owns 100 "assault weapons" in the form of stripped AR lowers, before the law, should be able to order all the uppers and parts he wants if this goes into effect. I have my doubts that's how it will turn out, we could get screwed out of all parts.
View Quote

That's basically the total ban. And what you think midway or brownell is gonna keep shipping anything here under the threat of being sued?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

It does sound like California gun control but on steriods

Its way worse than CA. It seems to ban 80-90% of all semi autos from what the various pro-gun orgs are saying. Certainly shit like semi shotguns and many hunting rifles as well. Unclear on the pistol thing but maybe those too.

Threaded pistols are assault weapons in CA. I assume it would be the same in CO. You can't just slap a new barrel on that is threaded because it would be like slapping a collapsible stock onto a rifle. It would make it an illegal assault weapon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By powderhound:
Damn, I'm pissed at my state government. I wrote my state legislators, voted, tried to speak up with friends and neighbors. I knew it wouldn't make a bit of difference and it didn't.

I dont know where this leaves me with regards to Colorado. I love the mountains, we own a couple homes here, have good jobs, friends, a good church that we love, but this state keeps getting worse and worse culturally and politically...
View Quote

LOL you're gonna suck it up like 95% of people will. All the government has to do is keep things from getting too bad and people will just surrender their freedoms because they are afraid of financial loss.

I love it personally. Hope they go even harder.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top