BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

FEMA's best (unclassified) guess about 10 years ago.

https://i.imgur.com/sR878wi.jpeg
View Quote

That map says I'm fucked.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By soncorn:

The map is designed to scare the maximum number of Americans possible along with the lies that everyone will just be vaporized.  The targets not identified on the map as 500 or even 2000 device targets are laughable and discredit the entire thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:

FEMA never released that.  It's simply some journo's (probably lousy) take on scenarios he, himself, came up with.  He did use FEMA, et al, documentation of critical this, essential that, but that's the extent of it.

The map is fan fiction.

Didn't say they made the map.  I said it was their best guess, based on the sources consulted by the author (lower left), but I'll acknowledge I don't know what specific sources were used.  

But this is a pretty interesting up-to-date guide, sourced directly from FEMA:  Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation (pdf)

The map is designed to scare the maximum number of Americans possible along with the lies that everyone will just be vaporized.  The targets not identified on the map as 500 or even 2000 device targets are laughable and discredit the entire thing.

Yeh that map has three dots on Montgomery, Prattville and Millbrook Alabama...

Gotta say that discredits the whole damn map to me. Yes some targets shown, NY, SF, LA, etc. are real, but come on... Prattville and Millbrook.

Montgomery has Maxwell Gunter which is a com hub, or maybe a back up com hub, for the AF, so maybe second strike. But first strike or retaliation strike. Not a chance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Yeah bro, I'm sure that Eotech is a priority target.
View Quote

I can never even tell if responses like that are serious anymore.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

View Quote
bruh.

i got missile silos in me backyard.

it's gonna be quick.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#5]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

Boise/Meridian real estate market is one of the hottest in the country.  Clearly, a critical, strategic, counter value target that will attract multiple Russian RVs.

Not to mention the blue turf at BSUs stadium is another obvious high value target for the Russians (and Chinese).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
Originally Posted By RouxGaRoux:
I love these threads.

I get to read everyone's proud responses that their locale is a prime bomb target.

Boise/Meridian real estate market is one of the hottest in the country.  Clearly, a critical, strategic, counter value target that will attract multiple Russian RVs.

Not to mention the blue turf at BSUs stadium is another obvious high value target for the Russians (and Chinese).

Gowen Field.

FEMA maps put the Boise area as a target in the limited 500 warhead scenarios.

My rock band rents rehearsal space at the bomb shelter, so I’ve got that going for me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By derwood67:
Here in WV, it feels so remote and far from any serious threat, but looking at a map, you see DC is not THAT far away in the realm of thermonuclear devices.
View Quote

Supposedly Institute was a prime target during the Cold War due to Union Carbide, Monsanto, etc.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By nisa715:
lol at them thinking the government is going to alert the public.
View Quote

Just tune your AM radio to your local Conalrad station.  It is clearly marked on the analog display.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:
SE Michigan

Multiple automotive factories within 15-20 miles.

Home of Trijicon and Eotech are within spitting distance of those factories.

Stryker and Borgwarner etc are also clustered.

Multiple mirvs will be sent.

Selfridge is also with in an hour drive.
View Quote

Since MI is already firmly Communist,  I think you are safe from Ruzsia and Red China.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Far enough away to just hang out in the basement seeing how long the internet stays on.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Reading this thread, as tilting as it is, screw recipes: LX+1 has a standing invite to be taken to dinner---I hope you like Mexican food---if you're ever in Houston.  (I mean, we can go wherever, but Hugo's is that good.)

I am turning into one of those rage-head memes, reading this shit...
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm 5 miles from a major USAF logistics base.
I have a mint copy of The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, complete with calculator wheel. I read some of it in the 70's as part of a training course for a summer job surveying potential fallout shelters. (Never got the job).
If it survives, I'll read it again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]

The 2000-warhead attack is an estimate of a Russian first strike. The 500-warhead attack is an estimate of a Russian retaliatory strike after a US first strike, limiting the Russian arsenal, especially their more accurate land-based missiles.

So ignore the 500-warhead icons.
View Quote

So I assume it's the same if the Russians launch a first strike?  I'm sure those three large clusters in some north central states are all missile fields with the under earth portion of the nuclear triad based there.  Would they likely be able to get a majority of the US under earth and I assume also plane launched ICBMs before they could be launched?  If they did, then would American nuclear doctrine mirror Russian, with the remaining part of the arsenal dedicated to use against Russian cities?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
Meh.

Its not like there have never been repeated nuclear tests next to a large city in the desert more than 60 years ago...

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/idkL.vpP47hw/v0/-1x-1.jpg
View Quote

Looks like and I would guess it wasn't nearly as large as it is today, though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

Just tune your AM radio to your local Conalrad station.  It is clearly marked on the analog display.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Originally Posted By nisa715:
lol at them thinking the government is going to alert the public.

640 or 1240?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Shock waves be like they do.  

I am a tad concerned about the recent onslaught of all things nuclear fear, in popular news and media.  It isn't a coincidence, so what are the fuckers planning that needs the Nuclear Boogeyman to lend a helping hand?
View Quote

It started when Russia invaded Ukraine two years ago.  The US/NATO said "nope" and started pouring all sorts of aid, weapons and equipment, into Ukraine, and you had what really never occurred even during the cold war, a proxy war right on Russia's border, in a former Soviet republic, not just a satellite country of the USSR.  The thing from the cold war that compares the most to it I think would be the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By couchlord:

The English long bow is an impressive weapon.
View Quote

You would be fucked against a bunch of drunk conscripts with AK74s.  That's a bit of an exaggeration, pull off the ambush in a forest with enough guys with longbows and you might kill most of them before too many can start shooting back, and you might get them with some follow up arrows, and hopefully no casualties on your side, and then you take whatever weapons and ammunition they had.  

Going up against a sober spetsnaz team, or just a competent platoon with usual loadout, they would destroy you.  

I have no idea how those guys back then managed to draw those bowstrings.  They were typically 80-110lb draw weight for longbows, I have trouble at 60lb.  I could probably do 80Lbs with some difficulty in my mid 20s, but not now.  I have the feeling longbows had such high draw weights for range, and may have not been the best bow for fighting in a place like a forest, although added velocity I would expect they get would be better for penetrating armor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

You would be fucked against a bunch of drunk conscripts with AK74s.  That's a bit of an exaggeration, pull off the ambush in a forest with enough guys with longbows and you might kill most of them before too many can start shooting back, and you might get them with some follow up arrows, and hopefully no casualties on your side, and then you take whatever weapons and ammunition they had.  

Going up against a sober spetsnaz team, or just a competent platoon with usual loadout, they would destroy you.  

I have no idea how those guys back then managed to draw those bowstrings.  They were typically 80-110lb draw weight for longbows, I have trouble at 60lb.  I could probably do 80Lbs with some difficulty in my mid 20s, but not now.  I have the feeling longbows had such high draw weights for range, and may have not been the best bow for fighting in a place like a forest, although added velocity I would expect they get would be better for penetrating armor.
View Quote

You sorta "step" into the bow is my understanding. And no, for what we think of as archery I doubt they would be the first choice. Rather more for massed flights of arrows.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]

So I assume it's the same if the Russians launch a first strike?  I'm sure those three large clusters in some north central states are all missile fields with the under earth portion of the nuclear triad based there.  Would they likely be able to get a majority of the US under earth and I assume also plane launched ICBMs before they could be launched?  If they did, then would American nuclear doctrine mirror Russian, with the remaining part of the arsenal dedicated to use against Russian cities?
View All Quotes

The 2000-warhead attack is an estimate of a Russian first strike. The 500-warhead attack is an estimate of a Russian retaliatory strike after a US first strike, limiting the Russian arsenal, especially their more accurate land-based missiles.

So ignore the 500-warhead icons.

Trident D5 has counterforce capability, and it's where most of the US strategic deterrent is located. So no.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#20]
A rough estimate of my situation is 15 miles due north of Mayport Naval Base and 10 miles due south of Kings Bay Submarine Base-I think I’m screwed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Well that was a ray of sunshine.
Reminds me of my childhood when they had a poster of 10 things to do when an atomic bomb blasts. Some of the things mentioned there.  But I don’t recall many of the ten. Except number 10.  “Place your head firmly between your legs and kiss your sweet ass goodbye!”

I don’t think much has changed since the late 70’s.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
If one were to touch off elsewhere in the world, it would change things, globally, like few can imagine. Beyond the mass murder, the economic repercussions would eventually devastate all. If one were to touch off in the US, we'd never recover in our lifetimes. If multiple hits lit the US, sooner or later, and probably sooner, almost everyone left would wish and pray they had been taken in the initial inferno.

Survival doctrine has and will of course be formulated by governments, as it goes against all human nature not to hope and plan. But don't kid yourself. If there is global nuclear war, it will be a coming of hell on earth, and those left will wish they were not.

View Quote

It might be a good time to be in Africa or South America. Not many fat cat countries give two sh*ts about them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks, OP. Article was an interesting read. Never knew the figures for nose-hair particulate filtering.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I can pleasure myself and my wife in 2 minutes for one last time.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#25]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:
SE Michigan

Multiple automotive factories within 15-20 miles.

Home of Trijicon and Eotech are within spitting distance of those factories.

Stryker and Borgwarner etc are also clustered.

Multiple mirvs will be sent.

Selfridge is also with in an hour drive.
View Quote

Why do people always fantasize that they live at ground zero?

Nobody is going to waste a nuke on any of that shit. C’mon man.  

The sillyness of these nuke threads has me wishing for the old Covid panic days.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
I love these threads.

I get to read everyone's proud responses that their locale is a prime bomb target.

Good post.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#27]
We live close enough to a couple of potential targets that we’d probably be pretty well screwed. If the initial blasts don’t get us, or even happen at those targets, ND fallout will probably screw us eventually.

If the alarms start going off, I’ll be half tempted to go stand in my cul-de-sac and look towards the nearest potential target just a couple miles away. We’re boned pretty immediately if that target gets hit, so at best, maybe I could be remembered as a shadow on the pavement. I think we’re within range of the “everything around you is now engulfed in flames” radius of most warheads, potentially within the “your house is now a pancake” radius if it’s a big enough yield.

If that target isn’t hit, then it’s just trying to execute the plan of getting to the cabin ASAP, and hoping the prevailing winds in ND are more North>South than West >East for the initial fallout.

Oh well. I just hope it’s either “surprise, you’re now vaporized” or just worrying about ND fallout. I’d hate to have an in-between scenario, where we barely survive an initial blast, but know we’re dying very soon to radiation poisoning.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#28]

It started when Russia invaded Ukraine two years ago.  The US/NATO said "nope" and started pouring all sorts of aid, weapons and equipment, into Ukraine, and you had what really never occurred even during the cold war, a proxy war right on Russia's border, in a former Soviet republic, not just a satellite country of the USSR.  The thing from the cold war that compares the most to it I think would be the Cuban Missile Crisis.
View Quote

Georgia.  Afghanistan.  Chechnya for an outside straight.

Plus, Vlad's been doing his thing for two years now.  (This is where I mention advocating killing the son of a bitch, and everyone within 600 meters of him, and doing business with Oligarch #2, roughly two miliiseconds after his underling Medvedev threatened us with nuclear annihilation the first time.)

Anyway, things have been bad for Vlad, and we get to fade this and that temper tantrum about nukes from their foreign ministry---to the point that this place needs a Nuclear War folder, because they couldn't give a shit about reading any of Lima XRay's posts---but things have ramped up a tad in Western media, right?  It's getting concerning?  I don't expect to see resets of Glasstone in the Daily Mail, like it was 1983. That I'm actually am seeing this shit, is cause for concern.

Not because I worry about Russia.  (I plan on Pulling Through. Even minus the cheetah.)  
But because I worry about why our media is suddenly seeing this as something that everyone should be afraid of.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:46:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HourOfAngle] [#29]
Sorry but if the UK gets nuked you are screwed on that island.

We never got talks about nuke possibilities. Everyone knew we were close to a target so there was no "how to prepare" other than kiss your ass goodbye. It was just understood.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GreyGhost:
A rough estimate of my situation is 15 miles due north of Mayport Naval Base and 10 miles due south of Kings Bay Submarine Base-I think I’m screwed.
View Quote

You're probably in better shape from the initial strike than you might realize:

Sorry AR15 compression makes the quality poorer.

Basically I put together this little diagram from
https://www.atomicarchive.com/resources/documents/pdfs/effects/ggi.pdf

I used it a little backwards to show at 1, 5 and 10 miles how many kilo tons (KT) of yield is necessary to cause moderate and severe effects for a wood frame type house.

1 mile is 10 KT for severe damage.
5 miles is 600 KT for severe damage.
10 miles is 5,400 KT for severe damage.

These are from the 1962 edition and are plus or minus 20%.

I think people need to be informed of the actual effects that have been seen in Japan and during testing and not just assume right off the bat that it is all over.  Many, many millions of people would survive and if you just start from a baseline hopeless mindset you'll be useless.

Some additional snips from the effects on people in Japan:

Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima was 15 KT.
Fat Man dropped on Nagasaki was 21 KT.

They were both air bursts with Little Boy at ~1968 ft and Fat Man at ~1,650 ft.

Tsar Bomba was 58,000 KT but most warheads on ICBMs MIRVs in Russia are in the 550 to 750 KT range of yield or lower.

Prepare to be successful and if circumstances work against you then at least you gave it your best shot rather than just giving up before the "fight" even happened.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:

you should research just who was behind that movie
View Quote
Or watch the brit one " which way the wind blows"  ( iirc)has David bowie sound track....
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]

FEMA never released that.  It's simply some journo's (probably lousy) take on scenarios he, himself, came up with.  He did use FEMA, et al, documentation of critical this, essential that, but that's the extent of it.

The map is fan fiction.
View All Quotes
I love these threads.

The map is fan fiction.

Ignore Kingsley Airbase in Klamath Falls
Use one of their 500 nukes on the pear orchards in Medford
Seems legit
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Going_Commando:

What a stupid map. If the Russians are slinging 500 warheads at us, why would they nuke cities instead of strategic and tactical targets? City busting doesn't stop retaliation, nuking nuke delivery vehicles does.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Going_Commando:

What a stupid map. If the Russians are slinging 500 warheads at us, why would they nuke cities instead of strategic and tactical targets? City busting doesn't stop retaliation, nuking nuke delivery vehicles does.

I,ve read the reason to take out a few cities is to demoralize the population and hinder war rebuilding efforts. The psychology of nuke war and all that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#34]

You're probably in better shape from the initial strike than you might realize:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128807/nuclear-3188534.png

Sorry AR15 compression makes the quality poorer.

Basically I put together this little diagram from
https://www.atomicarchive.com/resources/documents/pdfs/effects/ggi.pdf

I used it a little backwards to show at 1, 5 and 10 miles how many kilo tons (KT) of yield is necessary to cause moderate and severe effects for a wood frame type house.

1 mile is 10 KT for severe damage.
5 miles is 600 KT for severe damage.
10 miles is 5,400 KT for severe damage.

These are from the 1962 edition and are plus or minus 20%.

I think people need to be informed of the actual effects that have been seen in Japan and during testing and not just assume right off the bat that it is all over.  Many, many millions of people would survive and if you just start from a baseline hopeless mindset you'll be useless.

Some additional snips from the effects on people in Japan:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128807/IMG_0374-3188548.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128807/IMG_0376-3188549.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128807/IMG_0377-3188550.jpg

Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima was 15 KT.
Fat Man dropped on Nagasaki was 21 KT.

They were both air bursts with Little Boy at ~1968 ft and Fat Man at ~1,650 ft.

Tsar Bomba was 58,000 KT but most warheads on ICBMs MIRVs in Russia are in the 550 to 750 KT range of yield or lower.

Prepare to be successful and if circumstances work against you then at least you gave it your best shot rather than just giving up before the "fight" even happened.
View Quote

Their most russian common MIRV is 100kt. They have a few of the 500kt ones. None of their 800k are mirv afaik.

For the 100kt case a few miles away is survivable. But I'm guessing naval bases would get bigger warheads. Also ground vs airburst makes a good bit of difference.

Having been to Hiroshima they have survivor trees not that far from ground zero.
This link makes it easy to play around with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I love these threads.

View Quote

Not me.

Sitka AK is about as safe as it gets regarding nukes flying. Our weather all comes in from the Pacific Ocean so no fallout worries either.

Having our own dams for water and power will mean we can watch the world burn on TV.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

Not me.

Sitka AK is about as safe as it gets regarding nukes flying. Our weather all comes in from the Pacific Ocean so no fallout worries either.

Having our own dams for water and power will mean we can watch the world burn on TV.
View Quote

Well, where do you think US nukes are landing?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
There's an old B&W civil defense movie that shows a man using a newspaper to cover his face from a nuclear blast.  

Supposedly, Eisenhower said that if we ever had a nuclear exchange, there wouldn't be enough bulldozers to clear all the dead.
View Quote
This, and duck and cover, are actually not bad things to do even, if they are panned constantly by people who haven't considered the matter carefully.

Covering your face with anything is a lesson learned from the bombs dropped on Japan. People with thin clothes or newspapers or similarly thin material would have the covered/shaded part of their body fine while the uncovered parts were devoid of skin from the initial pulse.

And duck and cover is a good idea. More people would be killed by falling/collapsing/flying debris than anything else from the initial blast.

If you are out in the open but not right by the explosion, you have a few short moments from the visible light to the damaging stuff in which to hide as much of yourself as possible. Even getting clothes (like a jacket) over your head and other exposed skin will stop a lot of the damage. Getting down low, away from glass, and under something solid will protect you from a lot of debris that will be flying around from the blast pressure wave.

I hate seeing people disparage this stuff as silly or wishful thinking when it was pretty well researched and is very easy stuff to teach and implement. I fear that a lot of people will die needlessly in any nuclear exchange because they were told to ignore information like this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
bruh.

i got missile silos in me backyard.

it's gonna be quick.
View Quote

I wouldnt worry, by the time theirs got here ours would have already launched so why would they shoot at empty holes ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

Not me.

In Russia.

The US or Russia arent nuking our town
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:27:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#40]
We had the drills in school.  Get under your desk or in the central corridor.  Put your head between your legs.  Kiss your ass goodbye.

Honestly, I am currently nowhere near a target.  Fallout will be the only real killer where I live - and there are few places in the US that would not have fallout.

As for the maps - I would probably see glows over the horizon (in virtually every direct other than south) from about 15 targets that are in the 500 bomb list.  So I guess my fallout issue would be seasonal - we get plenty of days with the wind from the South.  Honestly though, the biggest issue I would probably deal with is not so much the fallout, but the people fleeing those 3 cities.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Packin:

I wouldnt worry, by the time theirs got here ours would have already launched so why would they shoot at empty holes ?
View Quote

You think FJB can make that decision in the time available?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: right_rudder] [#42]
Nuclear Attack: Protect & Survive: Action After Warnings - 1975 - CharlieDeanArchives

Protect And Survive - Casualties

Protect & Survive - 1970's UK Public infommercials On Nuclear War Preparation

ETA: beat

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Just keep an old Frigidaire nearby.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-04-2022/KkGZqF.gif
View Quote

After a few hours he'd be dead(suffocation). That old box had a latch and cannot be opened from the inside.

Roy
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#45]

FAL - right arm of what remains of the free world!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I don’t fancy my chances being not even 15 miles away from a WSA but never know. The map says they’ll all land over in KC apparently
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I need to buy some sheet lead to make lead boots and clothes out of
It will give something to do in the two weeks we have to hold up
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Not really worried about it, I guess they would nuke Austin and Ft Hood, but at 26 and 32 miles from either I suppose fallout is the only issue.

I am curious why they are blowing the shit out of grapefruit farms along the Texas border.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Joe731:

A sound that moves through the air faster than the speed of sound.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joe731:
Originally Posted By wheel:
Within ten seconds of impact, a fireball 5,700ft across, with a temperature five times hotter than the sun's core (which is 15 million degrees Celsius) will roar across the landscape. As it rises rapidly, it forms into a terrifying mushroom cloud. Then you can expect the pressure wave — an unstoppable battering ram of highly compressed air travelling at 784mph, faster than the speed of sound.

A sound that moves through the air faster than the speed of sound.

Yes, a supersonic shock wave, just like every supersonic jet and bullet makes
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#50]

If we're going to have to sit through public safety videos on surviving nuclear war, let's at least enjoy some fantastic music inspired  by them:
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Two Tribes" - 12" MIX - HQ stereo
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top