Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Need something in .308 (Page 2 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#1]
M1A Scout. Standard front end parts like the 22”, but shorter than a 22”, and longer than the 16” Socom. I love mine.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:45:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#2]
Outside of an AR-10, what can you get for $1800 or less? Galil ACE and PTR-91 may be the only options. Tavor 7 is around $2000+, I think FALs are around $2000 as well.

SCAR H and MCX SPEAR are other options if you can find more money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FG24U:
SCAR

*waits patiently*
View Quote

Scar is the correct answer. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an SFAR and an M1A. Cool factor of the M1A is off the charts in comparison.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mars87:

This thread is about Colorado.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac556:

Wrong- Other states figured out CA’s “mistakes” in their ban.  Can’t get those in WA currently as a result….

This thread is about Colorado.

Colorado's ban is modeled more after Washington's and is much, much more severe and encompassing than CA's AWB.  As stated previously, the gun banners have noticed the loopholes that they created and have closed them and more.  The feature and make/model bans are far worse than ours.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy what you want. You mentioned an M1A, buy one, buy the best one you can afford and then buy a bunch of mags. I have a few of each of the old school Battle Rifles but for practical purposes the .308 AR shines. Parts & mag availability and cost is better than the other rifles and it's simple to work on although the others aren't much harder. In the end you have to please you so buy what you want.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
I've wanted an m1a variant for years.

Ar10 platforms are boring, but cheaper.

I don't have much time in this state.

What would GD do?
View Quote

The FAL was my first .308 rifle and it is also my favorite.  If I could only have one self-loading fighting rifle chambered for this cartridge it would be a FAL.

I got this parts kit a few months ago for not much more than $400. It needs a few more small parts to finish it plus the receiver.  DSA receivers are under $400.  This will become my third FAL build.  I am tempted to finish it as a para instead, though, as I do want a para.

My first and second FALs:

Me shooting at and hitting a steel target at 707 yards using the second one in an irons-only configuration.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up an M1A loaded.

I had one many years ago and missed it ery much.

I bought the loaded with walnut stock, then bought an archangel stock for it if I put a scope on it.

I know there are many detractors for that rifle, but to me it is pure sex.

I don't know why.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Ruger SFAR is probably the answer here. I've owned or own an M1A, G3-alike, FAL, RFB, and AR-308. AR-308 is the bet gun hands-down, and the SFAR gets rid of some of the weight, which is the real downside to all these 308 guns in general.

The PTR-91 would probably be my next choice after that, followed shortly by the FAL. M1A would be dead last. Sold the RFB because I needed it to be accurate, and it just wasn't.

I bought a Tavor 7 recently, but haven't had time to play with it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:44:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#10]
My vote is for a SCAR 17 or maybe a Demo/Clearance POF Revolution if money is tight.

I like the SFAR, however those douchebags at Ruger won't sell BCG or even bolts, so they're dead to me!

FAL is a great platform too, however you are lucky to make under 2 MOA with that. Mags are also very expensive now.

The PTR/G3 guns destroy brass due to their fluted chambers, however are reliable and the mags are dirt cheap. I wouldn't expect stellar accuracy either.

AR10s are heavy, but there are a lot of parts out there. I went the LMT MWS route to scratch that itch myself and you can get the stripped MARS-H lowers for like $450 at Rooftop, then piece together a gun with takeoff parts like I did ($300 barrel, $400 BCG, $700 monolithic upper, etc.)

Buying a bunch of stripped lowers or serialized upper in the case of the SCAR (Cypher sells for $400) is another way you could cover your bases. While the big distributors probably will stop shipping parts to us, I think a lot of smaller shops still will, or you go the care package route with an out of state friend/family member.

My parts built LMT MWS:
Attachment Attached File

My Demo/Clearance 14.5" Piston POF Revolution:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#11]
There's a few local.

M1A tanker... Would prefer over socom 16
View Quote
Then buy what you'll enjoy, rather than what makes sense in GD.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#12]
I either gravitate M1A or my tavor. Have several AR10 rifles much prefer my M1A though without modification there not as versatile and magazines are quite a bit more expensive. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
fal
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:
I either gravitate M1A or my tavor. Have several AR10 rifles much prefer my M1A though without modification there not as versatile and magazines are quite a bit more expensive. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/IMG_0103_jpeg-3187517.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/71130416624__1A86B5A1-6BB3-4AEA-B3AC-901-3187522.JPG
View Quote

I have a TAVOR and APC308 coming in too. Not sure I plan to keep all of these 308 Semis long term, but the CO AWB forced my hand and so as someone stated earlier, went "Code Brown" and got everything I wanted while the getting was good.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Good price above

Attachment Attached File

All you need is a track suit

Attachment Attached File

If it's good enough for thev7/11 army it's good enough for me

I'd go for the zastava
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Scout Squad M1A or 18" barreled FAL.  I have both and really love the 18"  arrel on the FAL. It's what barrel should have been on there in the 1st place.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#17]
What about a Garand in .308?

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#18]
RM1308EXPERTOnce they are sold out, we will not take backorders.  This is first come first serve!

EXPERT .308 GRADE RIFLES will feature a NEW, Commercial-Production Stock Set and a NEW Commercial-Production barrel chambered for .308 Springfield. Bore condition will be “as new”, and barrels will gauge “as new”.
SPRINGFIELD (SA) or HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON (HRA)RECEIVER
The balance of parts on EXPERT Grade Rifles will match all service grade criteria, showing less wear and a better cosmetic appearance than a Field or Rack Grade. Cosmetic condition will be good to very good.  Rifle finish may vary, exhibiting normal wear and/or color variation among the metal parts.  May have some visible pitting, frosting, or other minor cosmetic deformity on the metal parts. (SEE RM1EXPERT DESCRIPTION ABOVE)
Available
$1150
Free S/H

CMP GARAND in 308, best buy out there and very unlikely to be on Colorado ban list with its 8 round internal magazine.

Did Mention it is a hoot to shoot :)

All the best.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
Scout Squad M1A for $13884.99 at KYGUNCO with QP pricing-
Scout Squad M1A

Or a FAL built on an Imbel or DSA receiver.
View Quote

When I got my Scout Squad, the first thing I did was to swap out the brake for an M14 flash hider.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#20]
If it’s just to “have” then an SFAR or clone of an obsolete military rifle of dubious quality control should fit the bill.

If it’s for serious operation, then SCAR.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#21]
AR is superior; but the GeeDee answer is git both.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

I have a TAVOR and APC308 coming in too. Not sure I plan to keep all of these 308 Semis long term, but the CO AWB forced my hand and so as someone stated earlier, went "Code Brown" and got everything I wanted while the getting was good.
View All Quotes
I either gravitate M1A or my tavor. Have several AR10 rifles much prefer my M1A though without modification there not as versatile and magazines are quite a bit more expensive. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/IMG_0103_jpeg-3187517.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/71130416624__1A86B5A1-6BB3-4AEA-B3AC-901-3187522.JPG

If I had to choose purely from use standpoint I’d keep the tavor over all the AR10s. Trigger was much improved over the earlier Tavors. Nice and compact. Adjustable gas works well with the can.

Sucks you guys are getting hammered with a AWB how likely is it to pass? I keep thinking one of them will make it to the courts but even if it does the dems won’t listen.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Tikka, Browning or Savage for a synthetic stock bolt action rifle. Winchester makes a dandy walnut stocked bolt action. Browning makes a lever action in their BLR. Lots of great choices in America’s caliber.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:43:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Square66] [#24]
I love M14 type rifles and have been shooting them for 40+ years.  As much as I love them, if OP’s budget is around $2k or under, unless he has time to shop around for an M1A loaded full of USGI parts, I would look at another type of rifle.  

SA Inc’s quality has deteriorated to what are unacceptable levels in my opinion.  I went through this recently with a 6.5 Creedmoor M1A with a chamber so boogered up and cut out of spec the fired cases were cracking.  

For an M14 type rifle your best bet is LRB or Fulton Armory and neither of those are inexpensive.  

You have to really WANT to shoot an M14 and pay to play in that arena these days.  There are more cost effective options.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#25]

If I had to choose purely from use standpoint I'd keep the tavor over all the AR10s. Trigger was much improved over the earlier Tavors. Nice and compact. Adjustable gas works well with the can.

Sucks you guys are getting hammered with a AWB how likely is it to pass? I keep thinking one of them will make it to the courts but even if it does the dems won't listen.
View All Quotes

If I had to choose purely from use standpoint I'd keep the tavor over all the AR10s. Trigger was much improved over the earlier Tavors. Nice and compact. Adjustable gas works well with the can.

Sucks you guys are getting hammered with a AWB how likely is it to pass? I keep thinking one of them will make it to the courts but even if it does the dems won't listen.
@Gunnie357 have you shot the Tavor with 175gr ammo by chance? I've been really interested in getting a semi 308 too and the Tavor is at the top of my list. Wanted something that would function well with the 175gr ammo that my Ruger American shoots though for some commonality. I was worried about that slower twist the Tavor has as it puts it kind of right on the bubble of functioning ok with that size ammo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:50:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#26]

If I had to choose purely from use standpoint I’d keep the tavor over all the AR10s. Trigger was much improved over the earlier Tavors. Nice and compact. Adjustable gas works well with the can.

Sucks you guys are getting hammered with a AWB how likely is it to pass? I keep thinking one of them will make it to the courts but even if it does the dems won’t listen.
View All Quotes

My buddy has a Tavor 7 and likes it. He said it is heavy though. I haven't fired one and am planning for multiple full day range sessions shooting the entire batch suppressed using HUXWRX/OSS cans to decide what I like the most. Will probably sell off the two or three once I've settled my mind. I was planning to just buy a gun a year for the next 10 yrs and see what I liked the most. That ship is probably going to sail. I think they're gonna throw some bones to the Senate Moderates thru amendments and ram this AWB thru in the next 2 weeks. Maybe they'll allow transfer of "preban" guns or something, opening the door to a registry. I know the dems would love that.

For the record, I've owned a Belgian 17S since 2012 and have almost 7k rounds thru the original barrel. It works guys. People shit on the SCAR, but if you work within its limits, it is a reliable, proven design. Using low back pressure cans also is a match made in heaven.

The LMT I built is a heavy pig. I really need to get a LW barrel for it. Heavy, but supposedly reliable.

I'm looking forward to putting the LMT, POF, APC and Tavor thru the paces. Will probably keep two.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tortus:
https://pof-usa.com/firearm/revolution/

This.  I have one and it's awesome.  You're welcome.

I've shot the SFAR, and this is better.
View Quote

I was going back and forth between the SCAR 17 and the POF Revolution. The Revolution just checked more boxes for me and is vastly more accurate than I'm capable of wringing out of it.

Either way, for a more versatile, non-bench-rest AR10, the short-frames are incredibly handy. For the budget, the SFAR is probably a good option, but I'm extremely pleased with my POF.

My M1A is an older Bush model, still love it, but it's a little limited in versatility without screwing up the ergonomics.

FAL is what it is. If I planned to take a .308 into battle and didn't have my Revolution, this would be it. I have a few dozen, new-surplus metric mags, so that's not an issue.

PTR91. I found myself with 20-30 new surplus mags and no rifle to feed. The PTR has been a pleasant surprise, It's not as ergonomic for me as the FAL, but it's been accurate and reliable.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

I was going back and forth between the SCAR 17 and the POF Revolution. The Revolution just checked more boxes for me and is vastly more accurate than I'm capable of wringing out of it.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20230227_181213.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20230227_181213.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Either way, for a more versatile, non-bench-rest AR10, the short-frames are incredibly handy. For the budget, the SFAR is probably a good option, but I'm extremely pleased with my POF.

My M1A is an older Bush model, still love it, but it's a little limited in versatility without screwing up the ergonomics.

FAL is what it is. If I planned to take a .308 into battle and didn't have my Revolution, this would be it. I have a few dozen, new-surplus metric mags, so that's not an issue.

PTR91. I found myself with 20-30 new surplus mags and no rifle to feed. The PTR has been a pleasant surprise, It's not as ergonomic for me as the FAL, but it's been accurate and reliable.

ROCK6

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
Originally Posted By Tortus:
https://pof-usa.com/firearm/revolution/

This.  I have one and it's awesome.  You're welcome.

I've shot the SFAR, and this is better.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20230227_181213.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20230227_181213.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

ROCK6

Not sure you know this, but you can get factory nitride & fluted barrels from POF for around $300 too. Try getting some parts for your SFAR. Ruger will tell you to FOAD.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m a .308 fan. I’ve done M1A to AR to SCAR. I like them all.  I do like my scar a lot but anyone just wanting to fill the void should go AR pattern. They have come a long way! You can get a reliable refined gun similar to ar15 that takes common enough mags and parts. And for more reasonable money.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
@Gunnie357 have you shot the Tavor with 175gr ammo by chance? I've been really interested in getting a semi 308 too and the Tavor is at the top of my list. Wanted something that would function well with the 175gr ammo that my Ruger American shoots though for some commonality. I was worried about that slower twist the Tavor has as it puts it kind of right on the bubble of functioning ok with that size ammo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:

I’ll happily go run some through it if you’d like. I’ve got some M118LR but my tavor stays loaded with Tap 168 and most of what I shoot is nato m80 from one source or another. From all my research before buying it guys said it was more accurate with 147-168. However it is not a precision rig by any stretch no matter what she’s loaded with. Most of the shooters reports I saw were 2-3MOA didn’t measure but three rounds of 168 and a 2moa dot prone in the back of my truck at 100 gave me this. Copper impacts were a different rifle.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#31]

I'll happily go run some through it if you'd like. I've got some M118LR but my tavor stays loaded with Tap 168 and most of what I shoot is nato m80 from one source or another. From all my research before buying it guys said it was more accurate with 147-168. However it is not a precision rig by any stretch no matter what she's loaded with. Most of the shooters reports I saw were 2-3MOA didn't measure but three rounds of 168 and a 2moa dot prone in the back of my truck at 100 gave me this. Copper impacts were a different rifle.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/IMG_9612_jpeg-3187571.JPG https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/IMG_9613_jpeg-3187573.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for the info! I was wanting a semi 308 to slot between my MK18 and my Ruger American 308 so it doesn't need to be sub-moa or anything. 1-2moa would be great.

I'm thinking the PSA Sabre-10A1 might be a better fit for me and it's a bit cheaper. But damn the Tavor checks off everything I want to run a suppressed 308 semi though. As i've gotten older i've gotten a bit more anal retentive about trying to consolidate calibers and ammo types/sizes just to have a cleaner logistics footprint. I can't remember if I ever tested 168gr on the Ruger so maybe I need to get a few boxes and see if there's a noticeable change in accuracy from the 175gr it loves.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#32]

My buddy has a Tavor 7 and likes it. He said it is heavy though. I haven't fired one and am planning for multiple full day range sessions shooting the entire batch suppressed using HUXWRX/OSS cans to decide what I like the most. Will probably sell off the two or three once I've settled my mind. I was planning to just buy a gun a year for the next 10 yrs and see what I liked the most. That ship is probably going to sail. I think they're gonna throw some bones to the Senate Moderates thru amendments and ram this AWB thru in the next 2 weeks. Maybe they'll allow transfer of "preban" guns or something, opening the door to a registry. I know the dems would love that.

For the record, I've owned a Belgian 17S since 2012 and have almost 7k rounds thru the original barrel. It works guys. People shit on the SCAR, but if you work within its limits, it is a reliable, proven design. Using low back pressure cans also is a match made in heaven.

The LMT I built is a heavy pig. I really need to get a LW barrel for it. Heavy, but supposedly reliable.

I'm looking forward to putting the LMT, POF, APC and Tavor thru the paces. Will probably keep two.
View All Quotes

It’s definitely no featherweight but it’s pretty darn comparable to an M1a though the weight in the rear helps. Scars are solid performers from what I’ve seen. Not played with the flow through cans I’ve just got the sandman currently.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#33]
My vote is for a SCAR 17 or maybe a Demo/Clearance POF Revolution if money is tight.

My Demo/Clearance 14.5" Piston POF Revolution:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/20240409_131859_jpg-3187512.JPG
View Quote

@PointBlank82 please PM a link to Demo/Clearance POF Revolution PD for sale!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:32:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCTanker] [#34]
Saw a PTR91 GI w/ green furniture the other day at Sportsman’s Warehouse for $1,300.00-ish.  Good looking rifle.

For an M14 type rifle, an older SA, Inc M1A with USGI parts can be had for $1,500.00 or less if you look around.  Easier than finding the parts and buying an LRB receiver and then paying to have it put together.  Properly assembled, M14s are accurate.  I prefer receivers with “Cal 7.62mm” roll marked on the heel (no caliber markings on current receivers), but that’s just me.

ETA:  Atlantic Firearms, (not DSA)  sent me a flyer the other day with some neat short barrel para FALS that AF  is offering with Rhodie cammo.  Check it out.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#35]

What would GD do?
View Quote
I had a M1A Loaded years ago.

Gave it to a friend of mine to pass onto his son.

Now I shoot 2 LMT MWS rifles.

Get an AR10, OP.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Don't buy a SOCOM.  Worst rifle I have ever owned and many many others will say the same.  Get a genuine M1A if that's the route you go.  FAL's ergonomics and trigger are quite antiquated.  Only reason to own one is for the sake of collecting.  Personaly, I'd go AR10.  Way better rifle that an M1A.  I'm not sure why you say they are boring.  The M1A to me is quite boring.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#37]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

Keep saving for another month or two and order an APC308

https://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/BT-308-675x450.jpg
View Quote

What kind of accuracy are you getting and how do you like the APC308?

I cut mine down to 11.5".
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#38]
If you want iron and wood go for the BM59, its the smoothest shooting non AR battle rifle I have ever shot. Love my FAL, PTR 91. Misss my BM59.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd go AR-10.  My buddy just built one and its titties.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240203_145440999_HDR_compress39_jp-3187760.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240203_145440999_HDR_compress39_jp-3187760.JPG

What is the heaviest weight bullet you've been able to shoot accurately at that length?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#41]

What is the heaviest weight bullet you've been able to shoot accurately at that length?
View All Quotes

168gr FGMM is 2170fps. 168gr handloads were 2240fps.
Attachment Attached File

130gr federal varmint were 2500fps.
Attachment Attached File

Haven't tried anything else yet, but the furthest range is 300yds so not pushing it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodi] [#42]
APC308 Pro
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jdessell] [#43]

It's on the short list
View Quote

I've had one. Built on a Steyr kit. Had an M1A also  Don't regret selling them. AR10 does everything better except look sexy. Then again I'm a practical man. Make your own decisions.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I did an LMT MWS in .308.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACDer] [#45]
If you want something featureless there's always the BAR DBM, with detachable mag. It's also very accurate. Basically same gun as the FNAR.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]

1800ish
View Quote

might find a tavor 7 around that.    not the best suppressor host though.  you can get the new galil for that price. chunky a little they say.

still want the cqb m1a and a fal.   psa often has the shorter barrel socom regular style for $1500 or less.    

ar10 style likely give you the most options though.  

for example
this one is $1750 at psa without the accessories. image from their page.
Attachment Attached File

link

$1999

link2

there is also the ak 308 rifles.  robski says they are shooters.   m77
Great AK Accuracy - M77 ZPAP

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#47]

What would GD do?
View Quote

What do you need it for? The M1A obviously has the cool factor for you but the AR-10 is going to be better and less of a pain in the ass on just about every front for any practical purpose.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#48]
not read  the passed legislation communism,  but get the mags now for that and the couple guns you want to get, and the ones you might not have more than one or two of.  

good luck
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt1860] [#49]
I put together this thing, I'm not sure what to call it but it's fun to shoot.  Rem 700 16 inch barrel, Grayboe stock, CompM4S.  It has an AICS floorplate now and has become the default truck gun.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Wrong- Other states figured out CA’s “mistakes” in their ban.  Can’t get those in WA currently as a result….
View All Quotes
Take a breath. AR10s, M1As, PTR91s, etc, are all for sale in California.

They will still be for sale in Colorado.

I was surprised to see we can still get mini 14s and Ruger PC carbines.
Page / 5
Need something in .308 (Page 2 of 5)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top