Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Drive your corneas!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mban2:

Considering Ben teaches the organization with the most combat experience in the world… I would say he knows what they need to know regarding getting hits on target fast
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
At some point I wish all these guys would shoot in some big matches so we can really see which "systems" prevail.
In any case, Stoeger is an actual world champion.

He might be an ass, but he is a skilled ass who can convey information in a simple to understand manner.

How many gunfights has he survived? Has he ever served to see if his methods are effective on a two way range?

Considering Ben teaches the organization with the most combat experience in the world… I would say he knows what they need to know regarding getting hits on target fast

So…none?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Intermediate influencer 2-gun course*. $2500

Requirements
Prior completion of beginner social media course
Aproved gear from the block 2 gucci list
4000 rounds pistol
4000 rounds carbine
Sack lunch

Participants will receive
10gb of photo and video ** of themselves and themselves in proximity to keynote personality or associates
1 signed photo of keynote personality suitable for framing
Choice of beard, hair, or scalp care gift bag

*this is not the "influencer level 2" course
**Note the helicopter was on the old property and there will be no helicopter photo opportunities until further notice
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By testosteroneOD:
I’ve taken a few of his classes. I learned a lot and improved quite a bit. He was helpful and seemed to care. I was the least experienced in our training classes and he spent extra time with me to make sure I learned and understood.
Seems like this community just likes to tear people down and eat its own. It’s really disappointing.
View Quote

Well, yeah.

Also, don’t forget that MOST of the posters here haven’t fired their firearm in over a month.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Well, yeah.

Also, don’t forget that MOST of the posters here haven’t fired their firearm in over a month.
View All Quotes
I’ve taken a few of his classes. I learned a lot and improved quite a bit. He was helpful and seemed to care. I was the least experienced in our training classes and he spent extra time with me to make sure I learned and understood.
Seems like this community just likes to tear people down and eat its own. It’s really disappointing.

Well, yeah.

Nah, everyone here dry fires ten hours a day, has 20 handguns and shoots 30,000 rounds a year through each of them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
What is an occular scientist?...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350291/E243395C-D723-4082-A116-9FB77DD7B0BC-2884133.jpg
View Quote
Ha! Glad I wasn't the only one

This thread made me feel dumb ..For a few seconds.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By merick:
Intermediate influencer 2-gun course*. $2500

Requirements
Prior completion of beginner social media course
Aproved gear from the block 2 gucci list
4000 rounds pistol
4000 rounds carbine
Sack lunch

Participants will receive
10gb of photo and video ** of themselves and themselves in proximity to keynote personality or associates
1 signed photo of keynote personality suitable for framing
Choice of beard, hair, or scalp care gift bag

*this is not the "influencer level 2" course
**Note the helicopter was on the old property and there will be no helicopter photo opportunities until further notice
View Quote

Lol

You will be a trained gunfighter and killer upon graduation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:46:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LongTrang] [#9]

Nah, everyone here dry fires ten hours a day, has 20 handguns and shoots 30,000 rounds a year through each of them.
View All Quotes

Well, yeah.

lol

It's ARFCOM GD.  The website of "rich" blowhards who would rather eat their own because they have nothing better to do after fucking their supermodel wives.  So, they bitch about instructors, techniques, etc and glom onto whatever "instructor" fits THEIR lifestyle all the while posting recliner threads with their guts and nasty ass feet.  GD bitches, GD doesn't train.  

Internet is serious business.  Stay true GD!  

ETA:  Not taken seriously.  If you do, well.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]

So…none?
View All Quotes
At some point I wish all these guys would shoot in some big matches so we can really see which "systems" prevail.

He might be an ass, but he is a skilled ass who can convey information in a simple to understand manner.

How many gunfights has he survived? Has he ever served to see if his methods are effective on a two way range?

So…none?

Lots of crappy shooters have survived gunfights. These threads always go the same way. The highest level soldiers have been hiring competition shooters to train them for a long time and it kicked into high gear with GWOT. Yet we still see it'll get you killed in the streets mentality. Competition like USPSA doesn't care how you do it as long as you follow some basic safety rules. You can't fake it. Stoeger is known to be one of the best shooters in the world is Haley?

Obviously there's a lot to comparing people who are vastly different and no perfect way to do it but I'm a believer of competition weeding out a lot of the bullshit. I don't think Haley is a fraud at all I just think he's down a rabbit hole that might not benefit most people. No different than people with no skills buying expensive guns thinking it will make the difference. I think Travis is smart and hope he continues to really push the knowledge on this stuff I just don't think most people need to go down the rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH] [#11]

Lots of crappy shooters have survived gunfights. These threads always go the same way. The highest level soldiers have been hiring competition shooters to train them for a long time and it kicked into high gear with GWOT. Yet we still see it'll get you killed in the streets mentality. Competition like USPSA doesn't care how you do it as long as you follow some basic safety rules. You can't fake it. Stoeger is known to be one of the best shooters in the world is Haley?

Obviously there's a lot to comparing people who are vastly different and no perfect way to do it but I'm a believer of competition weeding out a lot of the bullshit. I don't think Haley is a fraud at all I just think he's down a rabbit hole that might not benefit most people. No different than people with no skills buying expensive guns thinking it will make the difference. I think Travis is smart and hope he continues to really push the knowledge on this stuff I just don't think most people need to go down the rabbit hole.
View All Quotes

So…none?

There’s shooting (marksmanship). You find the best shooters in the Olympics and the national matches.

There’s gunfighting: which is tactics, movement, cover, communication, judgment, problem solving.

“Tactical” firearms courses are usually attended by people trying to learn gunfighting not marksmanship.

The military, already knowing gunfighting, sometimes do use civilian instructors to improve marksmanship.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Huberman Haley Strategic promotes cutting edge evidence based protocols for life extension via the finest
Ocular-ballistic performance, pushing human limits in all domains in the strive for excellence
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Visual Neuroscience

It is a field of study. The few guys I’ve known in it probably had IQ’s around the 200 range. Bill Gates and the like were trying to recruit them in the 90’s because it plays a major role in the way we process information from a computer screen
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
At some point I wish all these guys would shoot in some big matches so we can really see which “systems” prevail.
View Quote

This.  Let them fight.  We will follow the winner to battle
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I've taken a Haley class. It helped immensely. I understood and saw where the science applied.

Different methods for different people.

I missed the Glover class here due to injury, but I suspect it would have been completely different. Yet still very beneficial.

Lovell is on the short list. Again, I'm sure it'll be different but I'll take away a ton of new and differently presented information.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Some guys go to the gym and lift and do whatever.

Some go with a routine.

Some go with a routine and eat protein.

Some go to the gym, eat protein, take vitamins and minerals, and tailor their diets, routines, and supplements based on the latest science.

Guess which group likely progresses the best?

Doesn't mean it's needed for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Visual Neuroscience

It is a field of study. The few guys I’ve known in it probably had IQ’s around the 200 range. Bill Gates and the like were trying to recruit them in the 90’s because it plays a major role in the way we process information from a computer screen
View Quote

This.

I’m no expert, but the science of seeing is valid from a human performance standpoint.  Seeing, and knowing how to see, is step 1 in many athletic events.  Hitting a baseball…players spend huge time on eye exercises to link what you need to see to where it is in space to calculating the time and place to connect the bat to the ball…which all starts with seeing.  It works.  I’ve seen the results where guys were able to hit pebbles in the air with the shaft of a golf club…and guys who hadn’t had the visual acuity courses couldn’t do it.  

It applies to gunfight skills just as well, regardless of who teaches what.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:
Huberman Haley Strategic promotes cutting edge evidence based protocols for life extension via the finest
Ocular-ballistic performance, pushing human limits in all domains in the strive for excellence
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]

There’s shooting (marksmanship). You find the best shooters in the Olympics and the national matches.

There’s gunfighting: which is tactics, movement, cover, communication, judgment, problem solving.

“Tactical” firearms courses are usually attended by people trying to learn gunfighting not marksmanship.

The military, already knowing gunfighting, sometimes do use civilian instructors to improve marksmanship.

View Quote

So in the context of firearms training which this thread is about what is your point? Why bring up whether he has survived gunfights?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
What is an occular scientist?...

View Quote

It means she looks good.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

That would be relevant if BS taught tactics. He is or was a competition shooter and stays in his lane however.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
I've taken a Haley class. It helped immensely. I understood and saw where the science applied.

I missed the Glover class here due to injury, but I suspect it would have been completely different. Yet still very beneficial.

Lovell is on the short list. Again, I'm sure it'll be different but I'll take away a ton of new and differently presented information.

View Quote

Glover is a complete fucking clown.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#23]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Some guys go to the gym and lift and do whatever.

Some go with a routine.

Some go with a routine and eat protein.

Some go to the gym, eat protein, take vitamins and minerals, and tailor their diets, routines, and supplements based on the latest science.

Guess which group likely progresses the best?

Doesn't mean it's needed for everyone.
View Quote

I think the guy not taking protein might be screwed. Also where’s the dude not fucking around who went right to the anabolic?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RePp:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ecgRN:

Why do you say that?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:

Why do you say that?
View Quote

Because of his completely shilling attitude, terrible reputation, things he’s said about training (example would be dry firing is a waste of time) also him giving his list of clients for that end of the world thing to the FBI.  All of that compared to the long list of decent instructors makes him not even a consideration even if it was a short list.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Because of his completely shilling attitude, terrible reputation, things he’s said about training (example would be dry firing is a waste of time) also him giving his list of clients for that end of the world thing to the FBI.  All of that compared to the long list of decent instructors makes him not even a consideration even if it was a short list.
View All Quotes

Why do you say that?

Is this first hand experience or just stuff from the internet?

Just curious I have no dog in the fight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I have seen videos he’s posted to social media of his training/shooting and it’s painfully bad. Like the not believing in dry fire was just the one that stuck with me the most. His overall persona is just a giant red flag. Think there was even a thread here about the FBI getting a list of his clients when they said he was a terrorist.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Travis knows that snake oil sells. Always has, always will.

Deep down, people will always pay to be lied to.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Exactly.
View Quote

It was funny when these guys were popular and they all had their own cute phrases for everything. Chris and Travis said institutional inertia and Pat Mac said institutional inbreeding. It meant the exact same thing but you have to be unique to sell a product.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#31]

I have seen videos he’s posted to social media of his training/shooting and it’s painfully bad. Like the not believing in dry fire was just the one that stuck with me the most. His overall persona is just a giant red flag. Think there was even a thread here about the FBI getting a list of his clients when they said he was a terrorist.
View All Quotes

Interesting. It just seems that everyone finds something to hate about people in the shooting space.

I definitely disagree on the dry fire thing and I’m curious about the FBI issue. If he was forced to, if they seized it or he voluntarily gave it up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

I want to see that thread.   Of these 5 or 6 goofs, who would be your least worst choice?  
View Quote

I do think Stoeger would be a very good instructor. Same as xray alpha even if they talk shit they can burn it down.  Joe Dawson at bruiser industries for everything from pistols to long range. Kagwerks is also good.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

It was funny when these guys were popular and they all had their own cute phrases for everything. Chris and Travis said institutional inertia and Pat Mac said institutional inbreeding. It meant the exact same thing but you have to be unique to sell a product.
View Quote

I mean Pat bagging on range theatrics while performing next level theatrics of his own was kinda confusing. I would like to say I’m sure there’s tons to learn from any of these guys. It’s the marketing ploy or ways to be unique that gets a little off the rails.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#34]
Originally Posted By JimEN:
I saw that too.

Hailey ... seems to talk like he thinks he's way smarter than he actually is.
View Quote

I get the same impression. Seems to have a huge ego as well. A former dumb jock type who is reformed and tried a bit too hard to be, or at least be viewed as, smart.

Stoeger might be the biggest and best troll in the gun community. Looks like he reads at about the 8th grade level, which is hilarious.

Never met any of these guys, and at the end of the day don't care.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Travis is paying it, not Lucas or any of us, so what does it matter?

Not only that, if he learns anything of usefulness, someone will copy it soon and it’ll be disseminated pretty fast. But someone’s got to do the research.

Teaching isn’t just telling people things you’ve picked up over the years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advance:
Lucas' comment was lol worthy (even though he probably shouldn't have inserted himself into the conversation).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2024-04-14_104340_png-3187645.JPG

Not only that, if he learns anything of usefulness, someone will copy it soon and it’ll be disseminated pretty fast. But someone’s got to do the research.

The seemingly obvious, yet unstated point is that there's a 99% chance that Travis is full of shit. He probably doesn't have 3 ocular scientists on his staff. Whatever the fuck that even is.

The obvious issue there is, the guy is a bullshitter and who wants to go get expensive training from someone who spews BS?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:32:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#36]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AJE:
I laughed out loud at the video where Ben and Travis are in the same discussion and Travis talks about the amount of time he spends on something in class and Ben laughs at him.  "What the fuck?"

skip to 36:45ish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODw1RiW8Egg

Just him wearing those glasses makes me laugh as well.
View Quote

That is hilarious. Wannabe nerd meets troll who happens to be wearing sun glasses, in what looks to be a basement with the shades curtains closed.

Haley talks for 30 seconds...

Ben "you mean to say align your body to the target and the gun will follow" why complicate it?

Haley "Brother look, I'd love to have you come down here, take a class and look at my laboratory."

Top. Men.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

The seemingly obvious, yet unstated point is that there's a 99% chance that Travis is full of shit. He probably doesn't have 3 ocular scientists on his staff. Whatever the fuck that even is.

The obvious issue there is, the guy is a bullshitter and who wants to go get expensive training from someone who spews BS?
View All Quotes
Lucas' comment was lol worthy (even though he probably shouldn't have inserted himself into the conversation).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2024-04-14_104340_png-3187645.JPG

What basis do you have to say he’s full of shit?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Common sense and logic.

It seems very unlikely that he employs 3 ocular scientists full time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I barely knew who Ben was and took a class with him a few weeks ago.  Guy seemed really down to earth and made it fun.  He sees the same types of mistakes from students week after week and still paid attention to us and wasn’t a dick in correcting us.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#41]
If I went to a shooting class with Travis Haley and they made me spend 4-5 hours in a classroom before we shot a round, I would consider it a waste of time.

I've watched alot of Ben's videos and I've learned quite a bit, even buying his dry fire books.  

I'm not interested in the science or the why.  Just demonstrate techniques and skillsets that will help me improve as a shooter.  If you want me to be target focused, that's fine, just demonstrate it....I dont need a 2 hours dissertation about eye muscles, corneas, or blood flow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#42]

Common sense and logic.

View All Quotes

Common sense and logic.

We’re basing this on something T Rex Arms said, not what I or (from the thread) Travis said. So there’s that.

I’m just saying there might be a reason why “ocular scientists” could be employed by an instructor doing the work to impart quality knowledge to their students.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Trainer cat fighting doesn't really mean anything
View Quote
With Yeager not being their shit lightning rod anymore, I was just waiting for the whole house of cards to implode.

Interesting they have selected the guy that literally won a modern day overseas Alamo event for their first target, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Common sense and logic.

View Quote

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:22:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#45]

View All Quotes

This, I find his videos entertaining and informative

I'd still love to take classes from either, I'm of the opinion I can learn from anyone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AJE:
I laughed out loud at the video where Ben and Travis are in the same discussion and Travis talks about the amount of time he spends on something in class and Ben laughs at him.  "What the fuck?"
skip to 36:45ish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODw1RiW8Egg
Just him wearing those glasses makes me laugh as well.
View Quote
When he says, "What. The. Fuck." Shit, I rost.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#47]

We’re basing this on something T Rex Arms said, not what I or (from the thread) Travis said...
View Quote

No.

In the first 30 seconds of the Video in the second post Haley says "We have 3 ocular scientists on staff"
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Common sense and logic.

Having someone on staff doesn't mean they are full time employees on site. Could be a part time or on call employee that have an agreement with.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#49]

Having someone on staff doesn't mean they are full time employees on site. Could be a part time or on call employee that have an agreement with.
View All Quotes

Common sense and logic.

Context matters. What was said in context heavily implies full time employment.

I have no doubt that this is how TH will try to walk it back. He will just say well we've consulted 3 ocular scientists. That is what he should have just said to start with.

This is what used car salesmen and bullshitters do all the time. Bloviate, and mostly don't get called out on it. Then if they are called out, it's "well what I actually meant was...(insert something different than what they said)".
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Is the .mil and .gov Haley's primary customers?

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top