BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
DAY 3

UPDATE:  No contact from anyone. My ammo order from PSA was delivered by UPS.

I'm definitely not assuming we are in the clear yet.

We have speculated that in the few seconds it took us to get outside after we heard the commotion, the AG could have done something to provoke the bite.

Does Amazon have a drug-test policy in the event of an incident? The company I work for automatically does a drug test whenever there's a comp claim. If he was on anything he might keep it under wraps if it would keep him from having to pee in a cup.

Fresh pic of Punky Dogster:

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
dogs got the crazy eyes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, Amazon dropped off 2 more envelopes today, so we're obviously not blacklisted.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Doggo looks like he wants another taste of blood. I think he has been turned into a wanabe Pitt :) lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Driver may have just manned up and said "Screw it, I ain't doing all that paperwork for this little scratch."

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
DAY 4

Still no contact from any authority or Amazonians.

Just when you think it's ok to relax is when they jump out at ya. Not relaxed yet...
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
You know those large capacity drones that you read about? You know, the ones Amazon is going to deliver packages with? Gonna swoop in like an owl and snatch ‘yer pup. They’re just getting the paperwork all in order first. Say ‘yer goodbyes
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gulftanker:
DAY 3

Does Amazon have a drug-test policy in the event of an incident? The company I work for automatically does a drug test whenever there's a comp claim. If he was on anything he might keep it under wraps if it would keep him from having to pee in a cup.

View Quote

Now you're grasping at straws hoping for a cover-up of your bad judgement. It doesn't matter that the dog hasn't bit anyone previously, no matter what, someone is always the first to be bitten. All of your posts so far have been blame-shifting over what is ultimately your dog having free range (the wide open door) to attack someone. Be glad it was merely a hand bite on an adult, and not something worse, but accept what happened and answer for it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lapp_Dance:

Now you're grasping at straws hoping for a cover-up of your bad judgement. It doesn't matter that the dog hasn't bit anyone previously, no matter what, someone is always the first to be bitten. All of your posts so far have been blame-shifting over what is ultimately your dog having free range (the wide open door) to attack someone. Be glad it was merely a hand bite on an adult, and not something worse, but accept what happened and answer for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
DAY 3

You are childish and vitriolic. He did absolutely nothing wrong and you know it but you feel a desperate need to make him a villan. Take some pills or something. The dog was in a fenced area which means it didn't have free range in the literal sense of the words. Try to maintain some objectivity and common sense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#10]
it will be 2-3 weeks before you are contacted if you get contacted.

The driver I bet did not want a blimpish on his record so did not report a minor booboo
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes
DAY 3

I don’t recall blaming anyone or saying that I wasn’t going to answer for it if necessary. I never asked for legal advice even though many have responded with some. The purpose of all this was gathering of information and opinions, hopefully from people who have had similar experiences.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:02:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#12]
I don’t recall blaming anyone or saying that I wasn’t going to answer for it if necessary.
View All Quotes
I don’t recall blaming anyone or saying that I wasn’t going to answer for it if necessary.

>>>

We have speculated that in the few seconds it took us to get outside after we heard the commotion, the AG could have done something to provoke the bite.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

>>>

View All Quotes

>>>

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
End of Week 1 - Nothing has happened. (Yet - not gonna jinx myself!)
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#15]

A word of advice to all dog owners who have a fenced yard.
Add clear warning signs to not enter the property besides the dog signs.

Lock the gate and keep it locked all time unless you are there in person to open the gate.

Simple advice goes a long way.

It also helps if you have to shoot an intruder. There can't be any claim of entering the property by mistake or any other excuse.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:29:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#16]
End of Week 1 - Nothing has happened. (Yet - not gonna jinx myself!)
View Quote

I’d say I’m surprised based on the majority of replies in this thread but, ah, yea.  You’re good.

I’m just glad you didn’t self report to the homeowners INS and the police.  Also glad you didn’t put your dog down.  Bonus points that you didn’t retain a lawyer based off this sites advice.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#17]
When Amazon's workers' compensation carrier subrogates against you for repayment of the claim, it will likely be at the conclusion of any medical treatment and resultant final billing.

I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is where you live, but 2 years is typical.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#18]
Originally Posted By Bud:
When Amazon's workers' compensation carrier subrogates against you for repayment of the claim, it will likely be at the conclusion of any medical treatment and resultant final billing.

I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is where you live, but 2 years is typical.
View Quote

LOL

If the details in the OP are even 1/2 correct, there is no recourse in CO.

Amazon driver will be taken care of through WC, nothing  else.  Or he can forfeit all WC medical and go the personal injury route which in CO will be a complete loss as he will have to give compensation to the lawyer (or he will get less money, if any, compared to WC).  Either way, OP is good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Is there a discrete way to check to see if a police report was filed? I doubt it in this case but I'm curious.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:39:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By batmanacw:
Is there a discrete way to check to see if a police report was filed? I doubt it in this case but I'm curious.
View Quote

I doubt it, too.
If there was any police involvement, I'm sure they would have followed up with us by now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#21]

You are childish and vitriolic. He did absolutely nothing wrong and you know it but you feel a desperate need to make him a villan. Take some pills or something. The dog was in a fenced area which means it didn't have free range in the literal sense of the words. Try to maintain some objectivity and common sense.
View All Quotes
DAY 3

If he was able to get in the front yard, considering that many people will come in the front yard and come knock on the door for legitimate reasons I would say that he was unsecured. I would never let my dog have that potential. I'm not saying the original posters a bad guy, but I do think there is an element here that makes it his fault.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:43:18 AM EDT
[#22]
All I am going to say is I am not an expert in any legal areas covered here, won't speculate on possible consequences I couldn't possibly know anything about, and will simply say good luck, OP, and that is one good poking puppy, sir.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#23]

>>>

View All Quotes

>>>

Is it possible for a person to provoke a dog to bite?  Yes…since the interaction wasn’t witnessed or recorded it’s a possibility…the question how likely is it.

It’s also possible the dog is a closet man eater or saw the six fingered man who killed his father and finally had his opportunity for revenge.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#24]

I doubt it, too.
If there was any police involvement, I'm sure they would have followed up with us by now.
View All Quotes

I doubt it, too.

Animal control should have there that day
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks OP for keeping us updated.  I expect you will never hear another word from AG.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#26]
OP,

I know how to fix your situation and how to prevent it from happening

call amazon and request the driver in question come to your house

when he arrives bring the dog offender to the gate
then pick up the doggo and BITE HIM ON THE PAW

problem solved
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Happycamp:
OP,

I know how to fix your situation and how to prevent it from happening

call amazon and request the driver in question come to your house

when he arrives bring the dog offender to the gate
then pick up the doggo and BITE HIM ON THE PAW

problem solved
View Quote

Hammurabi's Code, eh?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, maybe this will be the last update - 2 weeks and still zero zip nada.

Thanks for all the good replies, and I definitely got a chuckle from a lot of the bad ones.

Never change, GD!  
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top