I know I'm tired of hearing about them

The boomer obsession with them my entire life has been embarrassing
View Quote

Boomers..Boomers never change.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LRShooter:

I think you forgot one part.  The MIC then kicks back money to the politicians and employs a bunch of their family members at do nothing jobs or has a job waiting for them as soon as they leave office.
View Quote

And you forgot that the MIC employs hundreds of thousands of high-skill, US Citizen, blue- and white-collar people, and produces a product that has proven decisively over and over to be superior to anyone else's gear on the planet. You even inhabit a site dedicated to one of the MIC's most enduring products, the AR15.

Bitching about the MIC on this site should get a 1 week timeout every time. The site would not exist without the MIC. We'd all be on Fudd gun sites, if we even cared enough to be.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Top Recipients, 2023-2024:

Haley, Nikki (R) President $1,555,101
Biden, Joe (D) President $1,508,147
Menendez, Robert (D-NJ) Senate $1,103,810
Torres, Ritchie (D-NY) House $871,137
Jeffries, Hakeem (D-NY) House $713,022

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

Should we have stopped bombing German cities in WW2? Over 70% of Gaznians support Hamas and it's actions. When they're training their kids to kill Israelis it really removes the argument that any of them are noncombatants
View Quote
In retrospect the strategic campaigns of WW2 were very wasteful - of our servicemen's lives and the civilians - and not that effective. A more concentrated focus on Luftwaffe facilities is what was needed, which we didn't learn until the end of the war. But in fairness, it was the very first war with strategic bombing so everyone was learning. By the time of the Gulf War in the 1990s we applied those lessons, along with new technology and it was both more effective and more humane.  

But we pay for Israel's smart munitions and they still manage to bomb hospitals, or international aid workers. And no, Palestinian children are not "combatants."
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
We do it mainly to annoy the Muslims and anti-dentites.
View Quote

You mean the people who hate teeth?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Troll-Account:
Asking that question is anti-semetic.
View Quote

No it's not. It's naïve and somehow absent any background whatsoever on the middle east.

But it's not antisemitic. (sic)
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

One of the developments of late is that the U.S. recently gave Israel $250M and Israel is going to buy more U.S. F-15's.

I tried a version of that process for a dozen holly bushes at Lowes this weekend but they weren't havin' it.
View Quote

There is a version of that for DeWalt tools.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Israel ranks 18th in per capita GDP, the best measure of the relative wealth of a population. That's higher than such economic powerhouses as Germany, France, Great Britain, and Italy.  For comparison, the U.S. is 7th.  Israel has a border wall and universal healthcare as well.  So why do we give them billions every year?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita
View Quote

Have you not seen the list of our political leaders who have dual-citizenship with Israel?

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
And no, Palestinian children are not "combatants."
View Quote

Have you seen the footage of their kids being brainwashed and chanting about killing Israelis while in camouflage and shooting weapons?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
What, exactly do they give us?
View Quote
Spyware
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OscarD:

That’s kind of like me handing out vouchers to passers by good for $20 but only if they spend it at my garage sale. I didn’t really gain anything from the transaction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OscarD:
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

One of the developments of late is that the U.S. recently gave Israel $250M and Israel is going to buy more U.S. F-15's.

I tried a version of that process for a dozen holly bushes at Lowes this weekend but they weren't havin' it.

That’s kind of like me handing out vouchers to passers by good for $20 but only if they spend it at my garage sale. I didn’t really gain anything from the transaction.

It didn't start out as your $20.  You stole it from taxpayers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Have you seen the footage of their kids being brainwashed and chanting about killing Israelis while in camouflage and shooting weapons?
View Quote
Question.  At what age do they become combatants in your mind?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By djkest:

Loads of intelligence
Land for an air force base
An ally in a "hot" region
A distraction for terrorists
View All Quotes

Loads of intelligence

I believe you either overlooked, or were too polite to mention, what I believe is the most important thing they give us. At random intervals, the Israelis will stir their stumps and give us a few militant Islamist corpses to mourn. Personally, if they’d give us twice as many, I’d happy to pay them twice as much.  It’s a long way to 2977.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
We don't subsidize Israel. We are their vassal state. We pay tribute.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By R_S:

The research has already been done:

Leak Reveals How Soros, Bezos, and Other Famous Billionaires Avoid Paying Taxes

Congress got right on this... to stop the leaks:
Leak of billionaires’ tax data draws GOP outcry over privacy (2021)
View Quote

You got sucked in. You missed this portion of the article:

ProPublica calculates what it calls the “true tax rate” based on the increase in an individuals wealth rather than just income. That includes unrealized capital gains that occur when real estate or stock holdings rise. In the U.S. and much of the world, such gains are only taxed when an asset is sold, allowing gains to mount for years before they are ever taxed.

So, is it ok to start taxing you on capital gains on your house while you still own it? How about your stock portfolio before you sell any of it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#16]
"I don't think we should charge the Israelis for those missiles. It's a small country surrounded by bigger ones, an underdog. I'd kind of like to see that scale get balanced." -- Lance White
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

So all children are actionable targets because of some.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#18]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

Anti-semitic + Agent of Putin.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By R_S:
Top Recipients, 2023-2024:

Haley, Nikki (R) President $1,555,101
Biden, Joe (D) President $1,508,147
Menendez, Robert (D-NJ) Senate $1,103,810
Torres, Ritchie (D-NY) House $871,137
Jeffries, Hakeem (D-NY) House $713,022

View Quote

That's a Shit List if I've ever seen one....
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

That's a Shit List if I've ever seen one....
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Israel’s military budget is around $24 billion of which the USA contributes $3.3B.  That’s about 13.5% which is a solid but small %. 75% of the 3.3B must be spent with American MIC which helps our economy.

Is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]
They're our most reliable ally in the region
View Quote

What have they done for us other than kill 34 seamen?

I actually do support helping Israel, but let's be honest, the real answer to this question isn't COC compliant.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#23]
And there is no Genocide taking place. The CCR in Gaza is roughly 2/1 which is pretty damn good in urban combat where the enemy doesn’t wear uniforms, puts command centers in schools and uses civilians as human shields. Hamas has dropped thousands of missiles on Gaza because they are defective. How many civilian deaths came from them?

And Palestinians are not being wiped off the face of the earth.  There are over 14 million Palestinians in the world and that number isn’t going to change much because of this conflict.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#24]
They give our members of congress a couple hundred thousand each in "campaign donations", in exchange for sending them billions in "aid".
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#25]
Originally Posted By smarcus:
Israel’s military budget is around $24 billion of which the USA contributes $3.3B.  That’s about 13.5% which is a solid but small %. 75% of the 3.3B must be spent with American MIC which helps our economy.

Is what it is.
View Quote

If you'll give me $1000, I'll give you $750 back. It will help the economy.

And by $1000, I mean 13.5% of your income. It's a solid but small amount.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Ask the pussies who simp for Ukraine.  They're all writing their PHD dissertations on foreign policy and geo-politics in the 6000 page jack thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
It's  a money laundering  scam, we give them aid the have to spend it here in the US  and I'm  sure diaper Joe and pals get a kick back from. Defence contractors.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#28]
1. Loads of intelligence.  Possibly.  But unverifiable.  "Israel is really helpful, just trust us." CIA (probably).  
2. Air Force Base.  Have we ever launched a strike from an Israeli base?  We didn't get to use it in either Gulf War I or II, but we did get to defend Israel from the SCUDs.
3. An ally in a "hot" region.  Isn't the region hot in large part because we defend Israel?  
4. A distraction for terrorists.  Question.  Absent our support for Israel, would these terrorists be targeting us?  
View All Quotes

Loads of intelligence
1. Loads of intelligence.  Possibly.  But unverifiable.  "Israel is really helpful, just trust us." CIA (probably).  
2. Air Force Base.  Have we ever launched a strike from an Israeli base?  We didn't get to use it in either Gulf War I or II, but we did get to defend Israel from the SCUDs.
3. An ally in a "hot" region.  Isn't the region hot in large part because we defend Israel?  
4. A distraction for terrorists.  Question.  Absent our support for Israel, would these terrorists be targeting us?  

Where I'm at. They're a fucking useless money pit. Welfare rats.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

This thread won't go well if someone actually tells you why.  

View Quote

This.  Congress is owned by the j**s.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
It gives us a great way to test military equipment. Money to Israel is still better than welfare, food stamps and section 8 housing..As well as a lot of our bullshit humanitarian aid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Because fuck the Muslim Brotherhood.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Question for those isolationists how many defense contractors do you think we'd have left if we stopped all military related foreign aid tomorrow? Look how fucked we are with the inability to keep up with Ukraine, do you think that would get better or worse? In our current state we'd face an uphill battle with our current industrial might and its ability to respond, imagine if that ability were halved or more.

For those perhaps too dense to understand you realize during relative peacetime the only reason Lake City can keep going is because of civilian sales? If there are no customers the labor goes, the knowledge goes, and our ability to do anything in a timely manner will be gone, in many cases forever.
View Quote

US companies have lost sales recently thanks to Congress’ brilliant decision to fund direct Israeli competition to Aegis Ashore, THAAD, and Patriot.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tacosis:
Ask the pussies who simp for Ukraine.  They're all writing their PHD dissertations on foreign policy and geo-politics in the 6000 page jack thread.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Because subsidizing buys international influence, at least that's the theory. In Israel's case a contingent of the voting populace believes they must send funds to Israel or God will punish Americans.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By coldair:
intel on Muslims as they try to destroy us not to mention they perfect our weapons systems
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coldair:
intel on Muslims as they try to destroy us not to mention they perfect our weapons systems

we also store munitions (a lot) there.

and we got bases there...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Evangelical Christians being fooled by their "Chosen" people to cough up money to Israel, probably the greatest scam ever.

They don't need our money and we don't need them for anything. At the end of the day, Israel is going to be a fair weather friend to the USA, they will buddy up to whomever benefits them the most when it suites them the most. Like pretty much any country that actually focuses on their Nation's interest.

I don't have any axe to grind with Israel, but the constant pearl clutching on pointing out ANYTHING bad they do is moronic. If it were up to me, I would tell them to do whatever they want, but we won't be fighting any wars for them or help them outside of maybe selling them some weapons. No more Aide. No more BS. No more ass kissing. And they have my permission to blow up the Arab world if they really want to. Don't care one way or the other.

In the USA, our leaders and dumb voters like to focus on everyone else's issues and problems. Much easier than fixing anything here. But I would prefer if we get our noses out of Palestine/Israel or whatever, and let the cards fall where they may. None of this shit has anything to do with improving the lives of Americans.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#37]
In retrospect the strategic campaigns of WW2 were very wasteful - of our servicemen's lives and the civilians - and not that effective. A more concentrated focus on Luftwaffe facilities is what was needed, which we didn't learn until the end of the war. But in fairness, it was the very first war with strategic bombing so everyone was learning. By the time of the Gulf War in the 1990s we applied those lessons, along with new technology and it was both more effective and more humane.  

But we pay for Israel's smart munitions and they still manage to bomb hospitals, or international aid workers. And no, Palestinian children are not "combatants."
View Quote

They use women and children as human shields.

Should we just let the terrorists win because they violate Geneva conventions?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#38]

They use women and children as human shields.

Should we just let the terrorists win because they violate Geneva conventions?
View Quote
So did Iraq.  

The IBC project, reported that by the end of the major combat phase of the invasion period up to April 30, 2003, 7,419 civilians had been killed, primarily by U.S. air-and-ground forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Israel has killed 30,000 in a much smaller operation. Combine that with the extremist statements by their politicians and prominent citizens, and it sure doesn't look like this is all the fault of the other guys.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#39]
So did Iraq.  

The IBC project, reported that by the end of the major combat phase of the invasion period up to April 30, 2003, 7,419 civilians had been killed, primarily by U.S. air-and-ground forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Israel has killed 30,000 in a much smaller operation. Combine that with the extremist statements by their politicians and prominent citizens, and it sure doesn't look like this is all the fault of the other guys.  
View Quote

It's only 30k if you use the Palestinian numbers. You know, the terrorists, the people you are siding with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#40]

It's only 30k if you use the Palestinian numbers. You know, the terrorists, the people you are siding with.
View Quote
Gaza looks like Dresden in WWII. The numbers seem plausible to me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Show me the bodies. All 30,000. I want to count them one-by-one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Because the Germans were white, and Americans are mostly white. We will never absolve ourselves of the national guilt of the holocaust.

And because they’re Gods Chosen People. Of course that belief should dictate our foreign policy and the spending of American lives and billions of dollars.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By shotar:

So, are you saying the United States committed genocide at Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and many other cities? Surely there were children in those cities too that had no say in their government starting a war.
View Quote
I haven't called it a genocide. It ranges somewhere between "If they run, they're Hamas. If they don't run, they're well-trained Hamas" and outright ethnic cleansing. We certainly haven't seen the care taken that coalition forced took in Afghanistan and Iraq.  

As for WWII, those were the rules of a more primitive age. And as I stated earlier, the excesses of the air war campaigns were learned from and refined, along with new technology, to develop our modern, more humane tactics. WWII was the first war in which both strategic bombing and nuclear weapons were available, so yeah, mistakes were going to be made.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:

View Quote
I mean, you could probably join some humanitarian group and do that, but Israel would drone strike your clearly marked vehicles anyways.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#46]
So, tell me, where did the evil Jew moneylender touch you?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I remember when wanting to see 40 beheaded babies meant you were a sicko...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Israel ranks 18th in per capita GDP, the best measure of the relative wealth of a population. That's higher than such economic powerhouses as Germany, France, Great Britain, and Italy.  For comparison, the U.S. is 7th.  Israel has a border wall and universal healthcare as well.  So why do we give them billions every year?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita
View Quote

Now do boomers.

Why are the poorer younger generations paying taxes to subsidize them?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Joe731:

I remember when wanting to see 40 beheaded babies meant you were a sicko...
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Blackmail dirt on our leaders thanks to the Mossad/Epstein/Maxwell operation
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top