Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
4 has a better engine and graphics.  New Vegas has a better "everything else".
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Did you notice what the last shot was of S1 (or one of the last shots)?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
New Vegas by far.

The story, characters, immersion is much better in new Vegas.

However, I enjoy FO4 as well.

I like the weapon crafting in FO4. Much more in depth. But they didn’t do the different ammo types.

FO4 also had some lore changes I didn’t like, but made sense gameplay wise.

For example, fusion cores should last a lot longer…as in…really never die in the timeline the game takes place in.

New Vegas had a lot of content cut and the NCR overwhelms many of the areas in the game…kinda forcing you to play nice with them for a majority of the game.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
My complaint about the power armor in 4 was that it needed depleting fuel to run and it did not require your character to actually have any training in how to use it.

Historically power armor was locked behind training and availability as it was a major force multiplier. Removing the training and creating basically a gameplay timer by using fuel cells was kind of goofy as you end up finding so many fuel cells it negates the restriction anyway.
View Quote

It only made sense if you played as Nate. He served in the military previously and probably had training in power armor. It doesn’t really make sense if you played as Nora though with her background in law. They should’ve probably added some challenges if you chose to go with a female build.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Crazy how popular New Vegas is with fans, Obsidian Entertainment showed up those Bethesda fools.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Crazy how popular New Vegas is with fans, Obsidian Entertainment showed up those Bethesda fools.
View Quote

Funny thing is for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, the New Vegas wave of miniatures did not sell nearly as well as the other waves (Commonwealth, Capital, Enclave, Institute, Forged, etc) and employees have commented that they didn't even break even vs production costs.

The New Vegas fans are vocal but they don't spend money like other fans.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:55:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlesUFina] [#7]
Originally Posted By nutation:
The first dance at my wedding was to "In the Shadow of the Valley".
View Quote

Nerd level: 100.

Very cool.

Currently re-playing NV. 4 was meh.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
4 has a better engine and graphics.  New Vegas has a better "everything else".
View Quote

this,

I actually like 3 best of all....
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:
Vegas for me and I really enjoyed 4. Might be unpopular, but I wish Vegas had the gunplay and shooting mechanics of 4.
View Quote

This. The story in F:NV is fantastic, but I liked the gameplay in F4 better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#10]
For those running either FONV or FO4 on PC, what mods are you running?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Just an FYI .. Fallout 4 is $4.99 until the 25th of this month on PS... I thought I already had it.. But apparently I bought it on xbox... Gonna need to do another play through
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Spade:

Better than the others?

Fallout 2 is best Fallout.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Fallout 4 has better gameplay.  The settlement mode is kinda fun to play around with, but it’s mostly pointless.  The story was just okay IMO.

New Vegas has better story and more memorable characters.  Gameplay is worse, but it plays better than Fallout 3.  I vote New Vegas.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
I wish Obsidian would do more.
View Quote

Outer Worlds and it's coming sequel come to mind. I've wasted hundreds of hours on the first one and DLC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#15]
FO: NV for story.
FO4 for game mechanics and pure open world fun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a huge NV fan, but will admit that 4 is a good game. Agree with it having better gameplay and gunplay.

I've never been a huge fan of 3, for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:

A good Fallout MMO would be amazing.

76 just isn't good at all.
View Quote

I agree. A no shit FO MMO would be awesome. You could choose which ever faction you want. Build up settlements and crews.  And go and attack others. And see who will be the ultimate Victor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#19]
My understanding 76 suffered from 2 problems initially.  First of all, it was not a game, just a game space - an unstable game space at that.  After they added the NPC's it probably became somewhat better.  They wanted a Fallout version of Fortnite I think.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#20]
New Vegas by miles.
View Quote

Fuck.  Yes.  I loved New Vegas.  I played that waaay more than any other game.  I wish it was coop online though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone uses Benny (from New Vegas) sound clips to call hookers.

Pretty funny.

Benny Calls Hookers Again - Fallout New Vegas Prank Call

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:05:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#22]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

I don't care for New Vegas very much
View Quote
This. I've played FO4 many times but F:NV only twice. It was good, but a little overrated. Same with the Outer Worlds. I do NOT see why people thought that game was fucking amazing. It was mediocre, but people have Obsidian goggles on that blind them I guess.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:26:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#23]
Originally Posted By Alien:
This. I've played FO4 many times but F:NV only twice. It was good, but a little overrated. Same with the Outer Worlds. I do NOT see why people thought that game was fucking amazing. It was mediocre, but people have Obsidian goggles on that blind them I guess.
View Quote

If NV's and Outer Worlds stories and levels of choice and consequence didn't grab you maybe you just don't really appreciate that about a game. F4 doesn't have anywhere close. It's why BGS had to make Far Harbor to prove they're capable of writing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I did not get very far in Fallout 4 before deciding I should start earlier in the story line. From what I did play, I can say Fallout 4 plays like a legitimate shooter, while Fallout 3 feels like a downgrade from Half Life One, and New Vegas made just enough changes to the Fallout 3 engine to at least pretend to have modern shooter mechancis.

But an RPG is less about the shooting, and more about a semi-self written narrative. And in that respect, I believe New Vegas is the best RPG of the modern era. If you remade New Vegas, with the original voice acting, and just placed it in a new engine with decent shooter mechanics, it would be absolutely perfect. If Bethesda did that, every New Vegas player would trip over each other to shell out another $60 bucks. But that makes too much sense for Bethesda to do it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I did not get very far in Fallout 4 before deciding I should start earlier in the story line. From what I did play, I can say Fallout 4 plays like a legitimate shooter, while Fallout 3 feels like a downgrade from Half Life One, and New Vegas made just enough changes to the Fallout 3 engine to at least pretend to have modern shooter mechancis.

But an RPG is less about the shooting, and more about a semi-self written narrative. And in that respect, I believe New Vegas is the best RPG of the modern era. If you remade New Vegas, with the original voice acting, and just placed it in a new engine with decent shooter mechanics, it would be absolutely perfect. If Bethesda did that, every New Vegas player would trip over each other to shell out another $60 bucks. But that makes too much sense for Bethesda to do it.
View Quote

Never gonna happen. BGS doesn't like Obsidian's success with NV.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Liberty Prime is the greatest part of Fallout - can we all agree on this?
View Quote

Liberty Prime Sings Ain't I Right (Kits.AI)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Better than the others?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
Vegas, but not by much.   Both are heaps better than the others though, especially 76

Better than the others?

Fallout 1 is a tighter plotted game, and honestly was more fun.  FO2 has an insane amount of content and pathing though.

Bethesda can set up a better sandbox than Interplay/Obsidian, but they can't write a compelling story to save their ass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#29]

If NV's and Outer Worlds stories and levels of choice and consequence didn't grab you maybe you just don't really appreciate that about a game. F4 doesn't have anywhere close. It's why BGS had to make Far Harbor to prove they're capable of writing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I liked F:NV. I liked it a lot. I just think it's a little overrated. The Outer Worlds got too repetitive and was just not all that interesting. I love choices and consequences. I just think The Outer Worlds just wasn't anything special and extremely overrated.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
That's like comparing a Ferrari to a Lada. I can't stand fallout 4.
View Quote

A ferrari to a Nissan GT-R.  More fun for most.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
That's like comparing a Ferrari to a Lada. I can't stand fallout 4.
View Quote

A ferrari to a Nissan GT-R.  More fun for most.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Then 4
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#33]
New Vegas was a lot of fun.  Then I jumped to 76.  Tried 4 a few months ago and it's absolute dog shit compare to 76.  That game sucks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I'm guessing he's talking about from the lore perspective and the training that was required in the older games versus, suddenly not, in 4.

That said, I loved building power armor garages.
View Quote

That’s a dopey argument people make just to shit on 4, story wise it would be retarded if the veteran who not too long ago fought the commies with power armor needed a tutorial on power armor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I liked F:NV. I liked it a lot. I just think it's a little overrated. The Outer Worlds got too repetitive and was just not all that interesting. I love choices and consequences. I just think The Outer Worlds just wasn't anything special and extremely overrated.
View Quote

I agree the Outer Worlds is a bit overrated in general. But I remember the choice and consequence being pretty damn good compared to F4. Of course they're very different games in scope.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:47:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#36]

View Quote

My vote:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#37]
76 is the best, fight me faggots.

(Just kidding)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
76 is the best, fight me faggots.

(Just kidding)
View Quote

I almost had a stroke.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#39]

I almost had a stroke.
View Quote

I liked 4.

Then the ps5 cane out, and FO76 bugs fixed/runs great on ps5.  Ive enjoyed online play/fort building/ all of 76 quests.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#40]

I almost had a stroke.
View Quote

I was going to leave out the “just kidding” part but didn’t feel like dealing with death threat DMs tonight.

I haven’t played 76 since the first couple weeks of release, I heard the additions have made it a little better but l’ll just stick to my 4 and NV play throughs I think.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#41]
For those that don’t know , FO 4 is getting a next gen optimization and some added content on the 26th of this month.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:58:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kid_Sampson] [#42]
New Vegas by miles.
View Quote

FPNI.

Fall Out 4 is only good for one play though. Too narrow of a game, doesn't offer the freedom of New Vegas.

ETA: To be clear, Fallout 2 is the best one yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

I was going to leave out the “just kidding” part but didn’t feel like dealing with death threat DMs tonight.

I haven’t played 76 since the first couple weeks of release, I heard the additions have made it a little better but l’ll just stick to my 4 and NV play throughs I think.
View Quote

Yeah they updated it a lot. If it had an offline mode I'd be more inclined to check it out again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:17:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bud7h7] [#44]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:
Vegas for me and I really enjoyed 4. Might be unpopular, but I wish Vegas had the gunplay and shooting mechanics of 4.
View Quote

I reinstalled New Vegas recently and it's unplayable to me, the combat is so bad. The RPG factor is way better than 4 though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Someone uses Benny (from New Vegas) sound clips to call hookers.

Pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12qCAKs5gf8
View Quote

Mostly love it for the FO2 world map 2 music in the outro.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Second best IMO.

Morrowind has NV by a long lead (and I love NV): the quests, varied environments, competing joinable factions - and very little handholding have led to me doing my umpteenth play through currently.

There are no “protected” NPC’s, kill a key character, break quests, even the main quest.

No point and click fast travel (yes, there are some pre-defined routes, and spells for getting to a safe place) means you get to actually explore, no quest markers so you get to follow maps and landmarks to find things.

Hundreds of books to read, crazy options to create spells and enchantments, become a vampire and not be able to shop, just so much freedom.

And no stupid companions that get in your way.

I imagine those that are complaining about “gameplay” in FO3 or NV won’t be able to handle it, melee weapons are clunky at low levels.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#47]

How exactly did Fallout 4 “completely ruin power armor”?
View Quote

Became some dumb mechwarrior nonsense, I liked the mechanics of the previous games, having to stomp around in a giant suit that limits what you can do is frustrating.

Also the lore tied to BOS quests.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bud7h7:

I reinstalled New Vegas recently and it's unplayable to me, the combat is so bad. The RPG factor is way better than 4 though.
View Quote

Have you played 76?  4 is unplayable to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

My vote from the games I've played is The Witcher 3.  Once I got used to the interface and got into the game, I realized it was better than Fallout or Elder Scrolls, and I'm a big fan of both.  The acting, the characters, the visuals, the writing, the game world, the consequences of choices and how it changes things, all amazing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Starfield.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top