Simon Templar's car.
View Quote
Yes sir.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Love the unibody.
There is some guy here that collects them. In AZ I think.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Wow
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmathew] [#4]
Volvo P1800 Cyan GT Revealed: Your Passport to Restomod Paradise
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

So what the hell is it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Originally Posted By madmathew:

This is pretty cool.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108155/1000002224_jpg-3189490.JPG

So what the hell is it?

Volvo P1800 Cyan | Jay Leno's Garage
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
OMG do I want that restomod 6.9. Sight unseen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wolfeie:
OMG do I want that restomod 6.9. Sight unseen.
View Quote

I would like to see it myself!  My dads best friend had a 1979 6.9, For my honeymoon he gave us the use of his condo in Orange Beach AND his 6.9 for use to take on our honeymoon for the week, it was badass for a 4 door car. Google says top speed was 147, I did 140 and it still was ready for more, 140 felt no different than 70 mph.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Not rare or anything but.....

I traded something for an "09 Crown Vic P71 Pursuit unmarked. Not that many miles on the clock, still has the siren.

Does a damn nice burnout.

Really thinking about doing a Coyote 6 speed swap. Big upgrade from the 3 valve 4.6.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I feel like my 1957 Plymouth Savoy is unusual in that the quality control at Chrysler in the late 50's was laughable so most of the rusted away.  Maybe it's unusual in that my great grandmother bought it new, and it was my first car.  But whatever,  it's not a Tatra or something really odd.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Gearhead here to, yes I like to suffer. I have never owned anything I would call rare.
Mostly old muscle cars and trucks.
Owned a few beetles.
The second one I had, came with the factory ac. Which I promptly removed and threw in the can. I was a lot younger and paid 500 for the car and it was in great shape. Lowered with custom wheels and interior.
I loaned it to a friend because his truck was broken. 3 days later he was hit by a Hyundai and they had to cut the roof off to get him out. He spent 6 months in hospital care.
My current project is a 2nd gen V. They didn't make a lot of these cars, only so many a year. The wagon being the least produced.
The headlights are custom. Made by me. Many performance mods. Around 600 to the rear wheels currently. I am close to running out of fuel pump, so the next will be a replacement. I finally drove it after being apart for some mods and maintenance.  Found out the new front lip was only good up to 120..when it decided to leave.. I have new wheels that await some tires for traction..My house needed a front porch more than I needed tires though.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mudpie1313:
Gearhead here to, yes I like to suffer. I have never owned anything I would call rare.
Mostly old muscle cars and trucks.
Owned a few beetles.
The second one I had, came with the factory ac. Which I promptly removed and threw in the can. I was a lot younger and paid 500 for the car and it was in great shape. Lowered with custom wheels and interior.
I loaned it to a friend because his truck was broken. 3 days later he was hit by a Hyundai and they had to cut the roof off to get him out. He spent 6 months in hospital care.
My current project is a 2nd gen V. They didn't make a lot of these cars, only so many a year. The wagon being the least produced.
The headlights are custom. Made by me. Many performance mods. Around 600 to the rear wheels currently. I am close to running out of fuel pump, so the next will be a replacement. I finally drove it after being apart for some mods and maintenance.  Found out the new front lip was only good up to 120..when it decided to leave.. I have new wheels that await some tires for traction..My house needed a front porch more than I needed tires though.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/349755/20240417_181812_jpg-3193149.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/349755/20240417_181348_jpg-3193150.JPG
View Quote

A V wagon is my dream car !!!

I had a 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T with the 5.7 hemi that was actually a very good car.   I know they get a bad wrap about credit scores and vibrant owners, but they shared quite a few components with Mercedes E & S class of the time.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LDAguy:

A V wagon is my dream car !!!

I had a 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T with the 5.7 hemi that was actually a very good car.   I know they get a bad wrap about credit scores and vibrant owners, but they shared quite a few components with Mercedes E & S class of the time.  

View Quote
Car and Driver made a comment about a BMW wagon many years ago that is apropos: "Perfect to deliver the kids to school wide-eyed and white-knuckled."
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#12]
This sedan currently runs a 12.4 at 124mph. Spinning the tires through the first three gears with the traction control on. 124 is a 10.9 with traction..
I enjoy this car more than my 68 Camaro resto mod. I can hop in and drive it anywhere in comfort. The only downside is it still has the small fuel tank at 18 gallons. Plus or minus..maybe 340 miles to the tank. Depends on how much I stay out of the supercharger.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Learned how to drive a stick in a '71 Mercury Capri.  2.3L overhead cam with Weber carb.  Quick little car.  Drove it for 4 years. Came home from college & sister wrecked it the first weekend she drove it.  

(not my pic)

Attachment Attached File

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top