BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
While I would also be upset if it stunk like weed, how do you expect them to enforce a no-smoking policy?
View Quote

Just like hotels if they smell in the car, they should charge you
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
People (including ones here) seem fine with blazing up behind the wheel but want to fucking eviscerate me if I dare to drive after three beers.  WTF is up with that?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:
People (including ones here) seem fine with blazing up behind the wheel but want to fucking eviscerate me if I dare to drive after three beers.  WTF is up with that?
View Quote

You assume the driver is blazing.

Nobody would say shit if your 3-sheet to the wind ass were in the passenger seat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DDalton:

Nobody would say shit if your 3-sheet to the wind ass were in the passenger seat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDalton:

Kinda funny you assume the driver is NOT.  Lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I rented a storage POD and the thing reeks of pot smoke. Every time I go into it I feel like I could get a contact high.  

Wondering if it has permeated everything I have put in it to include the wood cabinets.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bronsonburner] [#7]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
I rented a storage POD and the thing reeks of pot smoke. Every time I go into it I feel like I could get a contact high.  

Wondering if it has permeated everything I have put in it to include the wood cabinets.
View Quote

Shit's EVERYWHERE now.  Going to end up like the Brawndo in Idiocracy I think.  Or the shit the fatties were gulping down in Wall-E.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
LOL

You think you can fail a piss test by smelling pot?
View Quote
Right!?

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
LOL

You think you can fail a piss test by smelling pot?
View Quote

Got damn that first post thing again
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
OMFG!  Read the thing they make you sign before every car rental for 20 years. What happens outside of the rental place is beyond their control.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By joker581:
I doubt that their rules do allow it, but it's not like they are going to throw the car away if it comes back smelling like weed.
View Quote

I used to be a manager for Hertz.

Getting marijuana smell out of a car is almost impossible. There used to be this great chemical, then California decided it caused cancer, so it was banned company-wide.

I led my area is smoking/cleaning fees trying to fight it. The downside is then the customer gives a poor rating and ruined my yearly bonus. Can’t win.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
I rent cars a lot - at least a few times a month. I've never once smelled weed.

Who are you renting from???
View Quote

His dealer?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

Getting marijuana smell out of a car is almost impossible. There used to be this great chemical, then California decided it caused cancer, so it was banned company-wide.

I led my area is smoking/cleaning fees trying to fight it. The downside is then the customer gives a poor rating and ruined my yearly bonus. Can’t win.
View Quote

Ozone generators work great
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

View All Quotes

IIRC they also greatly accelerate the degradation of plastic trim/upholstry/etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By missychapo:
Driving under the influence is a crime.
DUI drivers are low life scumbags, they kill and maim more people than violent criminals. That includes drunks and druggies.
Harsher laws are needed.
View Quote

Driver high on jazz cabbage have killed and maimed more people than violent criminals?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]

IIRC they also greatly accelerate the degradation of plastic trim/upholstry/etc.
View All Quotes

It's a rental car. It'll be the dummy's problem who buys it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#18]
No idea

I just rented from Enterprise at LAX the other day and the black dude in front of me in line reeked of weed.

Thought for sure he'd get turned down... nope. Behind him again in the line outside to pick up the rental
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

View All Quotes
While I would also be upset if it stunk like weed, how do you expect them to enforce a no-smoking policy?

How do you know they didn't charge them?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, why aren't the rental car attendants hiding in the trunk to stop that? Or a hidden camera somewhere?
Or maybe they could test the air for THC when the car is turned in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#21]

For some reason, they won't charge and  they should charge to make people stop doing this.
For those of you poo pooping and laughing about the possibility of testing positive what I was told by a lab guy was that if you are in the car for multiple hours and it is reeking of weed, it is within the realm of possibility given the high concentrations of THC these days, a Dr. told me same thing
Why are people so angry that I don't want marijuana smell around me ? maybe you are the problem. Keep it in your own home. Keep it away from me. You don't get to pollute public places and if you're not an addict, why do you have to do it in public?
View Quote
No. It is not "in the realm" of possibility. Not even a remote fucking chance.
Stop trying to defend your asinine position.

You don't like the smell of weed. Cool. Neither do I. Anything else you want to cry about?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Zero rental car companies allow that.

YOU have the option to not drive that car off the lot when you rent it. Why are you accepting a car that smells like weed? What if they charge you a cleaning fee when you bring it back?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]
At least one out of three cars i have rented have the strong odor of marijuana. I am so sick of it. I’m so tired of people saying it’s their medicine or it’s their business. If you’re not an addict, you don’t need to smoke this while driving and I just don’t understand why the rental car companies don’t charge people. The smell makes me ill and I can’t be in an enclosed space with it and get tested at work and fired. It is. always a pain in the ass to look for another car because the one they assigned me stinks of weed. If they have policies and rules, they should enforce them.
View Quote

That's not how a failed drug test works.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#24]
However, one of my biggest pet peeves is getting a contact high from other vehicles while driving.
View Quote
JFC

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#25]

For some reason, they won’t charge and  they should charge to make people stop doing this.
For those of you poo pooping and laughing about the possibility of testing positive what I was told by a lab guy was that if you are in the car for multiple hours and it is reeking of weed, it is within the realm of possibility given the high concentrations of THC these days, a Dr. told me same thing
Why are people so angry that I don’t want marijuana smell around me ? maybe you are the problem. Keep it in your own home. Keep it away from me. You don’t get to pollute public places and if you’re not an addict, why do you have to do it in public?
View Quote

I was in a band full of potheads. One of my randoms occurred days after I sat in a studio for hours with them as they blazed away. I passed.

I get it, though. I haven't rented a car in nearly 10-years, but the majority of the cars I rented reeked of cigarettes even though it was explicitly prohibited in the rental agreements. I made sure to point it out to the rental agency before I took possession. Based on how often I smell the shit in public/in traffic, I'm sure a large percentage of rentals now reek of weed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

This is the problem, you should have been rewarded, not punished
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#27]

View All Quotes

Cigarette smoke, yes.
Marijuana, no.

ETA: an ozone generator will clear out cigarette smell in an hour, tops. I’ve run that generator all day and not removed the stench of weed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Have you driven in today’s traffic lately?

Brother, you need to spark up to survive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
Zero rental car companies allow that.

YOU have the option to not drive that car off the lot when you rent it. Why are you accepting a car that smells like weed? What if they charge you a cleaning fee when you bring it back?
View Quote

I have to refuse about one out of three. It’s one of the reasons why I joined the national Emerald aIsle because I can go from car to car and find one that doesn’t stink. It’s such a pain these days to rent a car and wait in that horrible line.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mancat:
No idea

I just rented from Enterprise at LAX the other day and the black dude in front of me in line reeked of weed.

Thought for sure he'd get turned down... nope. Behind him again in the line outside to pick up the rental
View Quote

But they will harass an FFL for selling to anybody who smells of alcohol and marijuana
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Very nice 100th post OP.  Can't wait to see number 500.

That said, it reminds of a time I was returning a rental car.  Shortly before entering the parking lot a ripped
a nasty fart.  The kind that smells of sulfur, it was bad.  I was standing at the counter and some girl walks
back in and tells someone that the car needs to be checked out for an electrical short or fire.  LOL, shit you not.
It was all I could do to keep a straight face.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Welcome, Mr. Sessions.

If your music interests change, please seek emergency medical care before it’s too late!

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Not a fan of the smell either but you won't piss hot from being in the car. I'd be more worried about the jizz all over the seats or the other shit people had in there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Atlanta ive walked away from several cars at Atl that reeked.  Am i worried about a contact high no but mr. Leo that pulls me over may be interested...

More mundane the shit just stinks keep it at home.   All rental cars are non smoking and supposedly fines will be handed out.  No idea if they do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Username checks the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I used to manage an an... enterprising rental company.

It's the same everywhere. If a customer came in smelling like smoke, I made sure to stamp the contract with the "No Smoking, $100 fee" stamp and make them initial it on the contract. We'd even write up notes into the computer to check for smoke smell when it returned.

People would always try to fight it when you'd charge them. So many "I didn't smoke." or "you can't prove it" types when you'd say you were charging them.

I once had a guy arguing with me and calling me a hell of a lot of creative names and a liar. When I was very clear that there were cigarette ashes in the driver's and rear seats, and then handed him the lighter he left in the cup holder, he got a little quieter.

I once charged a couple for smoking weed in the car - $100. They actually apologized and paid it without issue. We then took the car to get professionally detailed. The place charged us two detail fees ($150 x2) and told us that it hadn't actually been smoked in. They had hit a skunk. We lost two rental days just getting it cleaned and that car always smelled like skunk/weed. It was a Chevy Captiva, afterwards always known as the SkunkTiva. We gave it to the customers who were regulars, but always brought back trashed/disgusting cars.

Bottom line, it isn't allowed, it's hard to enforce, and even when we charged the full fee we lost money and had angry customers.
Don't be an asshole and smoke in rental cars. If screws over the next 15 customers and the store.
I don't miss the industry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#37]
He doesn't like the smell.  I don't either.  Why is that not entitled to respect?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Its not the renters, but the rental workers getting high in the car.

With any stink i would demand a replacement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnfromHR] [#40]

How do you know they are not getting charged?
View Quote

I presume if people were regularly charged for this, they would stop doing it.  Plus we’d hear alot of bitching and moanin from weed heads, I believe it is a symptom of our sick society where the police don’t arrest people who are driving on suspended license or don’t immediately impound cars without insurance. If you watch on patrol live it appears that anybody with marijuana is allowed to just leave if they throw it away. People with no drivers license or insurance  always given a break ,  it seems like the rules just don’t apply anymore. Why are there no rules or laws anymore?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Op aside, I also don’t like the smell, but have never rejected a car because of it. Come to think of it, I’ve only had the “issue” in Vegas...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KnightStick:
Yeah, why aren't the rental car attendants hiding in the trunk to stop that? Or a hidden camera somewhere?
Or maybe they could test the air for THC when the car is turned in.
View Quote

Trunk Monkey Bridge | Suburban Auto Group
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#43]

I presume if people were regularly charged for this, they would stop doing it.  Plus we'd hear alot of bitching and moanin from weed heads, I believe it is a symptom of our sick society where the police don't arrest people who are driving on suspended license or don't immediately impound cars without insurance. If you watch on patrol live it appears that anybody with marijuana is allowed to just leave if they throw it away. People with no drivers license or insurance  always given a break ,  it seems like the rules just don't apply anymore. Why are there no rules or laws anymore?
View Quote

Seems worthwhile for you to start another thread asking why rules don't apply anymore
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#44]
so fish cops (& cops) have an excuse to pull you over and search your car. duh.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

No one, it’s all made up.  Really bat attempt at a troll thread
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#46]

At least one out of three cars i have rented have the strong odor of marijuana. I am so sick of it. I’m so tired of people saying it’s their medicine or it’s their business. If you’re not an addict, you don’t need to smoke this while driving and I just don’t understand why the rental car companies don’t charge people. The smell makes me ill and I can’t be in an enclosed space with it and get tested at work and fired. It is. always a pain in the ass to look for another car because the one they assigned me stinks of weed. If they have policies and rules, they should enforce them.
View Quote

Budget her tz enterprise Avis tried the mall the best one is national I joined the emerald whatever club and then you can pick whatever car they’ve got out there so I’ll pick one that doesn’t stink however sometimes it’s too expensive to go that route
View Quote

For some reason, they won’t charge and  they should charge to make people stop doing this.
Why are people so angry that I don’t want marijuana smell around me ? maybe you are the problem. Keep it in your own home. Keep it away from me. You don’t get to pollute public places and if you’re not an addict, why do you have to do it in public?
View Quote

I don't even know where to begin with all this.

OP.....get some help with your paranoia and perceived victimhood issues.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#47]

I presume if people were regularly charged for this, they would stop doing it.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#48]
“…I can’t be in an enclosed space with it and get tested at work and fired…”

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#49]
“…what I was told by a lab guy was that if you are in the car for multiple hours and it is reeking of weed, it is within the realm of possibility given the high concentrations of THC these days, a Dr. told me same thing…”

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MJ11B4P:
OP user name is appropriate.

However, one of my biggest pet peeves is getting a contact high from other vehicles while driving. Smoke that shit at home.
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top