BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

Such things are both subjective and of a collective/community mind. Words like "decent, good, bad, evil" etc don't mean anything to me. I was trying to make the point simple enough where people can understand it.

Your society dictates what's good/bad
View Quote

Nazi Germany society thought that gassing Jews, gypsises, and other undesirables was for the greater good. Who are you to tell them they’re wrong?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good riddance
View Quote

I will pray for you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The obvious reason for this nation's decline...

The Declaration of Independence laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity.
John Adams

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
I don't really think he was "just joking" when he called me dirty.
View Quote

I can't really blame you for thinking I was serious, because that's how screwed we are.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What does the term engagement mean in this context?

Reading?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:07:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#6]
Originally Posted By leib109:

Nazi Germany society thought that gassing Jews, gypsises, and other undesirables was for the greater good. Who are you to tell them they're wrong?
View Quote
It was viewed as wrong by most the world then and it is viewed as wrong by most the world now.

ETA: I don't need to believe there is triumvirate god, who went into the desert for 40 days, was nailed to a cross and on rose from the dead, and made the world in not 6 nor 8 but 7 days to know that "gassing the Jews" is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
When do Christians start becoming a preferred group for the purpose of inclusion and diversity, being we're a shrinking minority?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
Tiktok and Roblox are God now.
View Quote

Most people worship themselves. Sadly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Is "Bible engagement" completely synonymous with adherence to Christianity?  Traditional forms of Christianity (Trad Catholicism/Eastern Orthodoxy) are quickly growing.

I'm not saying OP is wrong, but I wonder hiw bad it really is.  Look at who is/isn't having children.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I read the Children’s Bible to my 8 year old son every night.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Nazi Germany society thought that gassing Jews, gypsises, and other undesirables was for the greater good. Who are you to tell them they’re wrong?
View Quote

Societies are wrong all the time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jsmurphy62:

I will pray for you.
View Quote

That's a nice thing to say.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

A decade of sheltering pedos didn't help their case.

Just saying.
View Quote
There are some churches that have stood hard in that fight. (Mt. 18:6)   I stand against any and all  sexual wickedness and deviance.

There should be no sin in the camp.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

I don't disagree and that is IF the kid knows who he is in the first place and if he is in their life.
View Quote
I agree!  I understand this better than most being an inner-city pastor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Good riddance. Spent decades in church and have read the Bible multiple times. I am still waiting for a single truth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
A comprehensive survey conducted by the American Bible Society, "State of the Bible USA 2024," has revealed a continuing decline in Bible engagement among Americans. Experts worry this trend could have far-reaching implications for the country's spiritual and social fabric.

According to the study, only 38% of American adults now engage with the Bible at least three to four times a year outside of church services, marking a slight decrease from 40% in the previous year. This gradual decline has been a consistent trend over the past decade, with a notable drop from 50% in 2011 to under 40% today.

Despite the overall decrease in Bible usage, there are signs of an enduring interest in spiritual growth. The survey found that 15% of respondents reported an increase in their personal Bible use from the previous year, suggesting a resilient, albeit small, group of individuals deepening their engagement with scripture.

This spiritual decline is most pronounced among younger generations, with only 11% of Generation Z adults considered Scripture Engaged, the lowest among all age groups surveyed. This demographic is also the least likely to view the Bible as a significant influence in their lives.

https://www.jpost.com/christianworld/article-797286
View Quote

Let the rapture begin
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Guess I’m part of the 11%.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Organized religion is the worst thing humanity has ever made up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By amos1909:
Pitiful! Only true Weapon to fight wickedness in this would. I try to read through It at least 4 times a year. Currently I am reading through Reese's Chronological Bible.  It is eye-opening to read the Bible in the historical time frame, I love it.

My household loves the Word of God.  We read through it each year, My four kids ages 6-17 read some daily,  I ask each of the older three to read through the Bible each year, we talk about it often.  My youngest, reads about half a chapter a day, which I believe is pretty good for a 6 year old but he is a great reader.

Half of the adults in my congregation are trying to read through the Word this year.  We talk about it during announcement time each Sunday.

I apologize for any misspelling or improper grammar, I am still feeling pretty bad from my infection.
View Quote

Logic and reason are pretty good weapons.

As an agnostic (totally non religious) I probably agree with you on 95% of social issues.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

Username checks out.  Stop being toxic and contributing to our decline.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jollyg83:
Good riddance

Username checks out.  Stop being toxic and contributing to our decline.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snubfan] [#21]
Studying the Bible & praying daily certainly helps one grow in Christian maturity. Difficult times are ahead and God wants us to recognize the times in which we live and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to save many.

....but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: (Daniel 11:32b-33)
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Man (modern churches) killed off interest in religion. The double standards, greed, sexual abuses, and a long list of unsavory things ruined it.

If I want to talk to God, I’ll do so in my own way. Man wrote every religious text we have, and it wasn’t via some divine interaction. It was a bunch of men, during a seemingly singular point in human evolution/history when a few discovered humans are easily controlled via fear of a singular God.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
Quick, define a "decent person" without stealing from the Biblical worldview.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ngc1300:

Being a decent person and living a life of virtue doesn't require a specific cult.
Quick, define a "decent person" without stealing from the Biblical worldview.

Funny that the pagan Romans had laws against murder and theft. It’s almost as if reasonable society always comes to the same conclusions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:

Experts in what, and why are they worried, exactly?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Experts worry this trend could have far-reaching implications for the country's spiritual and social fabric.

https://www.jpost.com

Experts in what, and why are they worried, exactly?

A decline in tithes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By OscarD:

A decline in tithes.
View Quote

Somehow I don't think the Jerusalem Post or these experts are interested in that 🤔

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
God is dead.
View Quote

God is very much alive. Many people are going to be in for a rude awakening one day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Good riddance
View Quote

Lol
Welcome fellow firearms enthusiasts
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#28]
God is dead.
View Quote

Okie Dokey Pinocchio
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:

Most people worship themselves. Sadly.
View Quote

Maybe they do, but some more unknowingly than others.  

Pompous, arrogant jackasses are people I can’t stand.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#30]
At the same time the country is becoming more communist.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#31]
why wood zoomas do this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SixpackinOk:

God is very much alive. Many people are going to be in for a rude awakening one day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SixpackinOk:
God is dead.

When they die and meet Odin.

Just as plausible.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#33]
This is why you should share the Gospel!  You don't have to push it on strangers, build relationships and share your testimony.  People are eager to hear the truth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Ive heard that the percentage who call all out to him while in their darkest hour is pretty high tho .
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
John Adams said, “Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.

The falling regard for Christianity parallels the decline of the middle class & freedom in the USA & west in general & those that mock it do not understand why they will be the last of their family trees' branch or tree in general or have themselves & heirs placed in bondage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#36]
overall number is 38%

???

but the south leads at 25%

huh?

second one sounds more feasible
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
It was viewed as wrong by most the world then and it is viewed as wrong by most the world now.

ETA: I don't need to believe there is triumvirate god, who went into the desert for 40 days, was nailed to a cross and on rose from the dead, and made the world in not 6 nor 8 but 7 days to know that "gassing the Jews" is not a good thing.
View Quote

How do you make that claim? Your own subjective sense of morality? Who are you to tell them that they’re wrong when their own sense of morality tells them that they’re right?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I would be lost without Gods’s Holy Word. Many Christians are Biblically illiterate.  I blame a lot of this on very shallow devotional material, infantile Sunday School literature, and 3-4 verse yatchet jaw preachers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Gen Z is busy removing body parts and identifying as something else. I know a lot of Millennials that are sick of the whole thing.

Some day some of those people will come around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#40]
The wicked fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

-Psalm 14:1
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#42]

How do you make that claim? Your own subjective sense of morality? Who are you to tell them that they're wrong when their own sense of morality tells them that they're right?
View Quote
Your's I presume is based on a book. Do you consider the possibility the book may be incorrect or incomplete? I consider that a written text that has been edited over many years and changed languages many times has the possibility to contain errors or inaccuracies. I look to other sources for a moral code if one exists in a rigid form.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThreadKiller] [#43]
Meh. Religion is not for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#44]

How do you make that claim? Your own subjective sense of morality? Who are you to tell them that they're wrong when their own sense of morality tells them that they're right?
View Quote
Another thing is the morality of The Bible isn't consistent. What was OK for Moses and his people to do would not be considered OK for people of the NT or current day to do. So if you want to argue for one true, rigid morality, why did it change in The Bible? You might consider my morality subjective, but you can't say the morality of The Bible is unfaltering.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Good riddance
View Quote

I hope you don't complain about the results of Godlessness.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]

How do you make that claim? Your own subjective sense of morality? Who are you to tell them that they’re wrong when their own sense of morality tells them that they’re right?
View Quote

Practical common sense.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoolRug] [#47]

View All Quotes

But my King James bible is always the same.

It's best you leave now, it's all downhill from here.

Originally Posted By OscarD:
Originally Posted By amos1909:
Pitiful! Only true Weapon to fight wickedness in this would. I try to read through It at least 4 times a year. Currently I am reading through Reese's Chronological Bible.  It is eye-opening to read the Bible in the historical time frame, I love it.

My household loves the Word of God.  We read through it each year, My four kids ages 6-17 read some daily,  I ask each of the older three to read through the Bible each year, we talk about it often.  My youngest, reads about half a chapter a day, which I believe is pretty good for a 6 year old but he is a great reader.

Half of the adults in my congregation are trying to read through the Word this year.  We talk about it during announcement time each Sunday.

I apologize for any misspelling or improper grammar, I am still feeling pretty bad from my infection.

Logic and reason are pretty good weapons.

As an agnostic (totally non religious) I probably agree with you on 95% of social issues.

Agnostic means without knowledge, an ignoramus.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#48]
God, get down here.

God, save me from my mess.

You didn't save me.

You don't exist.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm doing my part.

Life long atheist, moved towards agnostic then borderline believer. Now I'm the real woke

If someone had told me five years ago that I'd be a Christian some day I'd have laughed my ass off.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Nah bro, only thousands of years of societies straying from God and failing terribly. This time we're going to nail it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top