BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:
I say this as a Bible reading, baptised Christian....the church has turned into a circus.  I like our pastor, but this "praise and worship" garbage is the biggest scourge that I could imagine.  30 minutes of effeminate men swaying back and forth and repeating the same 3 chords.  It's not for men....I don't even like it, and I'm only 40.  If I hadn't been raised in it, nothing would bring me to the modern church.
View Quote

Those churches are discouraging to many.

I prefer the old time pastors like Ray Stedman.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

It requires beilving in the truth.

Heathenism and paganism are false.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

Username checks out.  Stop being toxic and contributing to our decline.

Being a decent person and living a life of virtue doesn't require a specific cult.

It requires beilving in the truth.

Heathenism and paganism are false.

All "decency" All "virtue" like all good things comes down from the Father of lights.

Complete arrogance for any man to claim himself as the author of any goodness in him...badness yes...goodness no.

James 1:17-18 (NIV) Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
No one fears God anymore.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kbear:
What kind of Americans?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Good riddance
View Quote

Does your ANTIFA group still have monthly Bible and book burnings, or did you all lose your federal funding?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By xd675:

The churches are to blame.
View Quote

To be fair it is a combination of number of greedy assholes and a much larger number of intentional commie inflitrators who have spent the last 70 years rotting churches from the inside are at fault for the decline of American Christianity.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Being a decent person and living a life of virtue doesn't require a specific cult.
View Quote

There is a vast number of people incapable of doing that on their own, without guidance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:17:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: durtychemist] [#8]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
A comprehensive survey conducted by the American Bible Society, "State of the Bible USA 2024," has revealed a continuing decline in Bible engagement among Americans. Experts worry this trend could have far-reaching implications for the country's spiritual and social fabric.

According to the study, only 38% of American adults now engage with the Bible at least three to four times a year outside of church services, marking a slight decrease from 40% in the previous year. This gradual decline has been a consistent trend over the past decade, with a notable drop from 50% in 2011 to under 40% today.

Despite the overall decrease in Bible usage, there are signs of an enduring interest in spiritual growth. The survey found that 15% of respondents reported an increase in their personal Bible use from the previous year, suggesting a resilient, albeit small, group of individuals deepening their engagement with scripture.

This spiritual decline is most pronounced among younger generations, with only 11% of Generation Z adults considered Scripture Engaged, the lowest among all age groups surveyed. This demographic is also the least likely to view the Bible as a significant influence in their lives.

https://www.jpost.com/christianworld/article-797286
View Quote

People have stuff going on. Reading the Bible and attending church aren’t as important as we thought.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:24:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#9]
Originally Posted By durtychemist:

People have stuff going on. Reading the Bible and attending church aren’t as important as we thought.
View Quote

I think we are finding out it was.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:
I say this as a Bible reading, baptised Christian....the church has turned into a circus.  I like our pastor, but this "praise and worship" garbage is the biggest scourge that I could imagine.  30 minutes of effeminate men swaying back and forth and repeating the same 3 chords.  It's not for men....I don't even like it, and I'm only 40.  If I hadn't been raised in it, nothing would bring me to the modern church.
View Quote

I agree, it drives me crazy too. Especially since most of this popular music garbage comes out of 3 apostate false churches. Hillsong, Bethel Music, and Elevation Worship. They pump out this garbage , K-Love and the "christian" music industry promotes it and we all end up hearing it in our churches. It must stop.

Give me a piano and a hymnal and let me sing Fanny Crosby hymns like Blessed Assurance, To God be the Glory, etc
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I would rather have high engagement with Milton Friedman and Ayn Rand.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By phatmax:

There is a vast number of people incapable of doing that on their own, without guidance.
View All Quotes

The Sheeple.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:32:53 AM EDT
[#13]
The study said there was a small percentage that were going stronger in to the Bible. I thank God for that small percentage, those are indicative of “The wheat and the chaff”, “The sheep and the goats”, “For my sheep know the sound of my voice”.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#14]
zero engagement from me.  gen x.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Scar811:
The study said there was a small percentage that were going stronger in to the Bible. I thank God for that small percentage, those are indicative of “The wheat and the chaff”, “The sheep and the goats”, “For my sheep know the sound of my voice”.
View Quote

and I might add...

1 Corinthians 1:18 In-Context 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Yea, because biblical ethics had nothing to do with how this country was originally formed,

In the time it was considered the greatest.

View Quote

The Bible and this Country are both still the greatest.   Only fools and charlatans will tell you otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Not when your entire live and the definition of "virtues' are literally all based on Biblical concepts.  Christianity is arguably the single reason why all the women in your family can live as independent adults and have an expectation of safety when living alone.  

Who gave us the Golden Rule we all learned in elementary school?

Pick any other "cult" and go be a non believer in that country.   Then imagine being a woman of the same in that country.

Don't worry, we'll wait.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:

24's one of worst thing to happen to this site.
View All Quotes
Good riddance

I miss my ignore list. I really do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

A decade of sheltering pedos didn’t help their case.

Just saying.
View Quote

Pedos always find positions of power to exploit children.   The Catholic Church at least is attempting to protect children and pay for their past mistakes just as the Scouts are doing.  

What about public schools, Hollywood and the Bidens?    They're just continuing to do it right in front of you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I know this is true in my household.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

I like the Jung quote much more. Though he seems to attribute them to alchemy?

"On the third face, the one facing the lake, I let the stone itself speak, as it were, in a Latin inscription.

These sayings are more or less quotations from alchemy.

This is the translation:"
View Quote

Because I believe that the study of science is the study of God's alchemy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
I am a non believer.  I have only recent started actually voting for the presidency since Trump.  He was the first person I have ever voted for, for anything I think.  I have done that twice now, both times he ran.

I was planning on voting Republican again this year but if you don't want my vote, I can switch and vote Democrat.  Let me know. I will write on my ballot that Colt1860 of arfcom told me I was voted off the island.

View Quote

read the Bible - or at least Isaiah and John - and then make up your own mind.   That really doesn't have anything to do with Trump or Republicans because they are political and imperfect.   They're just not as imperfect as Godless communists who see people of all ages as livestock to be consumed.  

Your satire really just makes you look soft and uninformed, which is what we would expect of a useful idiot throwing a temper tantrum.   But you're obviously trolling a bit and we all know you're an individual capable of free will and rational thought.  

Most every intelligent person that has honestly tried to disprove the Bible, it's accuracy, the accuracy of translation and the known facts of Jesus has become a believer.   It's really quite remarkable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I saw something the other day 30% of gen Z identifies as LGBTQRSTLMNOP or whatever. Evidently parenting has failed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pineywoodsbuck:
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#25]
The state will be your new god
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#26]
My daughter started a Christian club at her middle school. They have an average attendance of 30 kids and gave out 15 Bibles to kids that didn’t have one.

There are 211 kids in the school. So that’s about 15% Bible engagement just counting the kids in her club.

So at least some folks are trying to make a difference. Most of us just decry the fall of the nation online.

Teach your kids folks, they are much more likely to influence their peers than most adults.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By EXCATM76:
My daughter started a Christian club at her middle school. They have an average attendance of 30 kids and gave out 15 Bibles to kids that didn’t have one.

There are 211 kids in the school. So that’s about 15% Bible engagement just counting the kids in her club.

So at least some folks are trying to make a difference. Most of us just decry the fall of the nation online.

Teach your kids folks, they are much more likely to influence their peers than most adults.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
As a Jew that went to Baptist private school.... ( I am still Jewish and go to an orthodox synogogue weekly and then some, but I had a pretty good experience at Baptist private school)

As many churches become more and more accomodating of change....the reasons to go to church become less and less.

What the fuck does the church offer if it says "do whatever, we support you." It makes no sense....and the results show that.

If we are not challenged, we never grow.

View Quote

This.

When you leave church on Sunday, you SHOULD feel embarrassed in regards to all of your shortcomings and failures, feel guilty for the things you have done, or didn’t do, you should  leave wanting to work harder, and be a better person, spouse, parent, friend, sibling, child, etc.

If your leaving church totally happy with the experience, then they just stroked your ego and taught you nothing, and your leaving a worse person than you were before entering.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:51:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#29]

View All Quotes

Because that’s where the USA is today, with record low belief in god, our society is a shining example of exactly this, legions of virtuous people creating an amazing strong, moral, stable society, making great choices and serving as a shining example to others. .

It’s a dumpster fire of greed, adultry, selfishness, deprivation, narcissism and self worship, all who think they are “ a good person”, and society is crumbling because of straying from god / people believing they can be “ a good person “ without god, and being reminded of what a good person actually is, compared to how they have been living life,  which is what’s taught in church, differences between a actual good person, vs a sinner.

Hint, we’re all sinners / bad selfish people at heart,  the trick is understanding that you are, feeling bad / guilty for those failures and striving to do better. Vs being a athiest, and really never  examining your multitudes of personal good person failures, and thinking your a good person,  and comfortable, when your really not. Self help books at the book store don’t cut it.

Church is Sort of a “ personal life  job performance review “ , forcing you to be uncomfortable, and to think about your failures, understanding what those failures are, and ways to be better. The 10 commandments being just a starting point.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

A decade of sheltering pedos didn’t help their case.

Just saying.
View Quote

decades not a single decade.

criminal.

Then again the Catholic church’s biggest mistake was not letting priests marry.  It’s not natural and you get certain individuals using the church as a beard for their alternative lifestyle.  No wonder men decline to head advice of priests.  If they run in to too many that give off the vibe of questionable behavior they cannot identify with or respect them.   Now you have that in the Catholic church and women preachers in other faiths.  A lot of men won’t identify with them either.   I am not even talking about the higher and higher numbers of those that bless same sex marriages and preach in ways inconsistent with the tenets of religion to be more modern and popular.   I could never be a part of an political activist church. I quit attending a catholic church years ago because of politics being delivered from the pulpit.  Leftist communism politics.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Sure, you can do some good things in life, but how will you answer for the bad things you've done? (Not singling you out as we've ALL done some really bad things)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
God is dead.
View Quote

He is risen,
Risen indeed!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I've turned my back on organized religion long ago.

Was raised Catholic, I'm not blind to the hypocrisy.

I feel as though organized religion has become a game of "telephone"

Some of what is passed down has been lost in translation, or has been perverted by kings, politicians, and those in power to control the masses to secure their  hierarchy over others. Look at the modern day Vatican

I've read many books from multiple religions. I'm still agnostic. I believe in a higher power, heck I do acknowledge Jesus. But I'm against the Church as an organization personally.

I'm not a fan of the the ritualistic stuff either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Weird since 68% of this country had no problem kneeling these recent years. I guess they serve something else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:25:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Redoubt99] [#35]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Many many people I know who call themselves Christians do not actually believe.  They just keep it low key so that they don't disappoint grandma.
View Quote

And on the other side of the coin there are many people like me who read the Bible and whole heartedly believe Christ died and rose again for our sins yet rarely set foot in a church because of so called Christians.
We dont broadcast we are believers, we have no bumper stickers, no Facebook gospel memes.
But we raise our kids around the Bible.

Churches are toxic clicks, all in one building for no other reason than to generate money. Christian social clubs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Not when your entire live and the definition of "virtues' are literally all based on Biblical concepts.  Christianity is arguably the single reason why all the women in your family can live as independent adults and have an expectation of safety when living alone.  

Who gave us the Golden Rule we all learned in elementary school?

Pick any other "cult" and go be a non believer in that country.   Then imagine being a woman of the same in that country.

Don't worry, we'll wait.  
View Quote
Are you including Old Testament virtues as well?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:29:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#37]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
I've turned my back on organized religion long ago.

Was raised Catholic, I'm not blind to the hypocrisy.

I feel as though organized religion has become a game of "telephone"

Some of what is passed down has been lost in translation, or has been perverted by kings, politicians, and those in power to control the masses to secure their  hierarchy over others. Look at the modern day Vatican

I've read many books from multiple religions. I'm still agnostic. I believe in a higher power, heck I do acknowledge Jesus. But I'm against the Church as an organization personally.

I'm not a fan of the the ritualistic stuff either.
View Quote

We actually have a lot of very early text many of which corroborate each other that make the bible probably the most accurate writing from it's time. There's not even much difference if you look at the kjv or a more modern bible where scholars did their best to review and accurately translate based on additional evidence we have found.

Some of the things left out were done so more because their veracity was questionable and then you have things like the last few parts of Isiah were likely not by Isiah and there are footnotes saying so...
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Music to our ears!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By amos1909:
Pitiful! Only true Weapon to fight wickedness in this would. I try to read through It at least 4 times a year. Currently I am reading through Reese's Chronological Bible.  It is eye-opening to read the Bible in the historical time frame, I love it.

My household loves the Word of God.  We read through it each year, My four kids ages 6-17 read some daily,  I ask each of the older three to read through the Bible each year, we talk about it often.  My youngest, reads about half a chapter a day, which I believe is pretty good for a 6 year old but he is a great reader.

Half of the adults in my congregation are trying to read through the Word this year.  We talk about it during announcement time each Sunday.

I apologize for any misspelling or improper grammar, I am still feeling pretty bad from my infection.
View Quote

Great post.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Procyon:
I read the Children’s Bible to my 8 year old son every night.
View Quote

You are a great parent for doing so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By n20junkie:
Man (modern churches) killed off interest in religion. The double standards, greed, sexual abuses, and a long list of unsavory things ruined it.

If I want to talk to God, I’ll do so in my own way. Man wrote every religious text we have, and it wasn’t via some divine interaction. It was a bunch of men, during a seemingly singular point in human evolution/history when a few discovered humans are easily controlled via fear of a singular God.
View Quote

Paula White Wants You To Send Her One Month's Salary

Multi-Millionaire “Pastor” Paula White Wants You to Send Her One Month’s Salary for Salvation (sounds like send money to Stop the Steal…)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#42]
That's awful.

I'm seeing it even in my wife.  Never reads anymore, no interest.  Getting her to church is a real struggle.  I saw a sign at a Baptist church the other day that said "Pre-millenial" on it, she asked if that meant millennial weren't allowed.  I explained that it meant that church believed Christ would return before His millennial reign.  She then said "but hasn't Christ already returned"?  I was shocked to her that question...

She thinks I'm crazy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

"There is nothing to fear, but fear itself"
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
What happens to sheep and cattle in the end?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Commies are winning with their replacement hate religion. They hate religion that doesn't deify themselves.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone who's been seeing the population become more diverse
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Young guys I smoke cigars with want the teaching that comes from the church and the bible but don't wan't any part of the woke bullshit that comes with what it is now.

Churches are selling weak bullshit now and no-one has any respect for that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
I saw something the other day 30% of gen Z identifies as LGBTQRSTLMNOP or whatever. Evidently parenting has failed.
View Quote

They are just a new cult(Marxisim/Socialism) preying on the weakness of an older one, and struggling to survive. All cults become ridiculous and desperate in the end.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 18B30:
God is dead.

Attachment Attached File

90% of “Christian’s” give the rest a bad reputation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

No one fears the the lightningbolt of Zeus anymore either.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top