BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 14Karat:
Desantis is warming up in the bullpen.  Trump train in 2924, Desantis in 2028.
View Quote

Trump Train 2024 will, like Jimmy Carter 76, give us AT LEAST three opposing party administrations in a row.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Yeah what an idiot.

Thinking voters would actually care about competent governance and conservative achievements.
View Quote

You are painfully naive my friend, do you really think it's just about policy and nothing else ? You must be very confused by Ron Paul didn't get in, or Rand for that matter. Surely they were perfect right ? People's choices are about many more subjective human characteristics than just policy.

I do know other folks with this type of blindness; very angry at the world for it not operating to their rules of logic or objectivity, they cannot understand how someone they perceive as less intelligent then them can be more successful. You gotta learn to deal with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:00:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RarestRX] [#3]
View Quote

Wait, you think Trump is gonna win this year?

Don't worry, you'll get to vote for him again and watch his lose again in 2028.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Decentralization propaganda will continue until morale improves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxm8ZfgeYeU
View Quote

Divide and conquer is millennias-old. It's effective. We are a tribalistic species.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
DeSantis is back to being a Good Governor.

I do not 100% trust him. Rick Scott and Jeb Bush were actually good Governors until they got a script change. Ron acted differently while running for Pres. He did.

View Quote

Rick Scott was a good governor?? GTFOH
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HotHolster:

DeSantis can do more for Florida as Governor, than as president. We want him here as long as possible before he takes on a presidency.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HotHolster:
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Nope, you are, since you voted for him for the nomination over DeSantis. It 100% lies in your collective hands. I didn’t vote for Trump to be the nominee, you guys did.

I’ll vote for Trump now that he’s the nominee, but I won’t stop pointing out all the reasons DeSantis should’ve been the guy.

Fucking own it for Gods sake.

DeSantis can do more for Florida as Governor, than as president. We want him here as long as possible before he takes on a presidency.

I may be wrong but I think FL gov can only serve two terms *consecutively* ... woudl he be allowed to come back to run after one term out?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:

You are painfully naive my friend, do you really think it's just about policy and nothing else ? You must be very confused by Ron Paul didn't get in, or Rand for that matter. Surely they were perfect right ? People's choices are about many more subjective human characteristics than just policy.

I do know other folks with this type of blindness; very angry at the world for it not operating to their rules of logic or objectivity, they cannot understand how someone they perceive as less intelligent then them can be more successful. You gotta learn to deal with it.
View Quote

Yes, the unqualified franchise was a mistake.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Arfcom GD in Dec 2023 - “DeSantis is an establishment plant!”

I’ll never forgive the Trump cultists for their lies. This guy easily could’ve been our president in a few months if the GOP voter base wasn’t full of brain dead idiots who think with their feelings.
View Quote

You should be thankful Trump is persona non grata for the entire media complex and establishment swamp or DeSantis would be catching hell from democrats and weak republicans all over the nation.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Snozberry:

Are there still redflag laws in Florida?
Asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Those of us who support the former POTUS are not to blame for my Governor not being the presumptive nominee.  Sell that shit somewhere else.

Nope, you are, since you voted for him for the nomination over DeSantis. It 100% lies in your collective hands. I didn’t vote for Trump to be the nominee, you guys did.

I’ll vote for Trump now that he’s the nominee, but I won’t stop pointing out all the reasons DeSantis should’ve been the guy.

Asking for a friend.

Are bump stock bans still a thing?

Red flag laws were done well before DeSantis was in office or held any power in Florida.

The Bump stock ban were done BY Trump.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Divide and conquer is millennias-old. It's effective. We are a tribalistic species.
View All Quotes

Reyonolds V simms meaningfully divided us.

It meant that the rurals could be isolated from the urbans politically and dominated by them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
lol, this fucking site. The narrative was 100% "high heels" and "not his turn" and then it becomes "quitter".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:You mean the nominee that quit in January? Not that I was going to vote for desantis but its hard to vote for someone when he quits before the majority of the country can vote for him. Sounds like your ire is directed at the wrong people.
lol, this fucking site. The narrative was 100% "high heels" and "not his turn" and then it becomes "quitter".
He sure as hell ain't running, is he? What would you call it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Badger545:
Politics is and always will be a likeability contest. DeSantis gets shit done, but is about as inspiring as mold in your shower when he talks and meets with people. I wanted him to be the nominee, but I was also aware of reality. A former President who was spied upon and undermined by the deep state, lost a sketchy election, was brought up on false charges by his political opponents, and is seeking vindication was clearly going to have and ought to have the support. DeSantis should have been smart enough, or had people in his circle smart enough, to get this through to him. Trump was always going to be the nominee this time around, and while I believe DeSantis is a great candidate, he should have sat this one out. He gained nothing by running, and only hurt his stock for the next cycle  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRiflemI an:
Arfcom GD in Dec 2023 - "DeSantis is an establishment plant!"

I'll never forgive the Trump cultists for their lies. This guy easily could've been our president in a few months if the GOP voter base wasn't full of brain dead idiots who think with their feelings.
Politics is and always will be a likeability contest. DeSantis gets shit done, but is about as inspiring as mold in your shower when he talks and meets with people. I wanted him to be the nominee, but I was also aware of reality. A former President who was spied upon and undermined by the deep state, lost a sketchy election, was brought up on false charges by his political opponents, and is seeking vindication was clearly going to have and ought to have the support. DeSantis should have been smart enough, or had people in his circle smart enough, to get this through to him. Trump was always going to be the nominee this time around, and while I believe DeSantis is a great candidate, he should have sat this one out. He gained nothing by running, and only hurt his stock for the next cycle  

Bro. Common sense is not allowed here. This is a political fanatics thread
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I voted for RD in the primary even though he already dropped out. Was my first choice from the start and no reason to not stick with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

We deserve better.

And the way to counteract is to actually divide. OH NO WE'RE DIVIDED. Yep makes it pretty easy to not make stupid decisions. We're divided. California isn't Alabama. Virginia isn't Oregon.

We are different people with different values and economies. We absolutely should work with each other, it benefits us all. But we shouldn't give up our sovereignty.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]

I’ll never forgive the Trump cultists for their lies. This guy easily could’ve been our president in a few months if the GOP voter base wasn’t full of brain dead idiots who think with their feelings.
View Quote

Calm down Francis, his turn is next.  😉
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
The number one retard post about civil war 2.0 is that society can't exist.

First point, it already does.

Second point, of course we want California oranges in the east. We want corn from Nebraska. We want peanuts from Virginia.

It's called trade. We don't need a centralized government to tell us how to live our lives or what to buy.

(I'll argue against myself here)  Centralized western illegal funding has created some pretty crazy shit
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

Those of you who support the former POTUS are 100% to blame.   Thanks to you, 2024 will see us inaugurating a self-serving grifter or a doddering sock puppet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwr6:
Originally Posted By redfish86:

I’ll never forgive the Trump cultists for their lies. This guy easily could’ve been our president in a few months if the GOP wasn’t full of brain dead idiots who think with their feelings.

Those of us who support the former POTUS are not to blame for my Governor not being the presumptive nominee.  Sell that shit somewhere else.

Those of you who support the former POTUS are 100% to blame.   Thanks to you, 2024 will see us inaugurating a self-serving grifter or a doddering sock puppet.

No, dipshits who DIDN'T vote for T$ are to blame

Enjoy your bumpstock
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#18]

We deserve better.

And the way to counteract is to actually divide. OH NO WE'RE DIVIDED. Yep makes it pretty easy to not make stupid decisions. We're divided. California isn't Alabama. Virginia isn't Oregon.

We are different people with different values and economies. We absolutely should work with each other, it benefits us all. But we shouldn't give up our sovereignty.
View All Quotes

We deserve better.

We used to be allowed to be divided on so many meaningful things and yet be united under a small fedgov.

Also, nowadays it's hard to be in a political union with people who want to kill the unborn, see minor children trafficked from other states into them for the purposes of bodily and mentally mutilating them in service of "trans" anrchy, and a completely unhinged enviornmental religion ('netzero').

People groups grow appart over time. That's just a part of history.

eta: we didn't go towards insanity nearly as fast as the democrats have. They ran away from us, very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:

Your location says NJ.
View Quote

Half of Fl is NJ an NY
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#20]
The number one retard post about civil war 2.0 is that society can't exist.

First point, it already does.

Second point, of course we want California oranges in the east. We want corn from Nebraska. We want peanuts from Virginia.

It's called trade. We don't need a centralized government to tell us how to live our lives or what to buy.

(I'll argue against myself here)  Centralized western illegal funding has created some pretty crazy shit
View Quote

And Holosun red dots
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Yes. Thanks to the FLorida GOP that put them there. The same guys are in power
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

A discerning observer of politics would note that DeS dropped out before his own primary.  Which begs the question, Why?  I'll tell you why.  The Rs of FL were going to curb stomp DeS in the primary.  Yes, the very same people that elected DeS as gov. in the first place.  Do you believe that the overwhelming number of people who elected DeS are Trump cultists?  What does that say about FL politics?  Nothing good.

DeS dropped out to save his political hide for a future office, perhaps POTUS in 2028.  And that's OK.  Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em and all that jazz.

He is my favorite at this time for 2028.  Unless someone better comes along I will happily vote for him and send $.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Florida used to have an Americanism vs. communism class that was mandatory to graduate high school. Is it no longer required ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 9mmprn:
Excellent.  I look forward to his re-election.
View Quote

Sarcasm? Or tarded
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#25]
That's awesome!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Florida used to have an Americanism vs. communism class that was mandatory to graduate high school. Is it no longer required ?
View Quote

They didnt have it in the 80s I can tell you that so they must have dropped it before then
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#27]
DeSantis got defeated so badly that he's been out of the race for weeks, yet his shills are still desperately trying to do some damage control and salvage his political future.

"Hey Trump cultist, stop caring about protecting jobs and ending wars and vote for this George Bush clone. Look, he's suing Disney! Unlike Trump he can get things DONE!"

There was like 18 months of this shit
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TLD05:

I agree that is a reach but you should be admonished for your petulant outbursts directed at people who preferred Trump over DeSantis. IDK why you are given so much leeway to attack and accuse others on this site of being liars, cultists, idiots etc but it isn't cute.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TLD05:
Originally Posted By ThornBooger:
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:

Nope, you are, since you voted for him for the nomination over DeSantis. It 100% lies in your collective hands. I didn't vote for Trump to be the nominee, you guys did.

I'll vote for Trump now that he's the nominee, but I won't stop pointing out all the reasons DeSantis should've been the guy.

You mean the nominee that quit in January? Not that I was going to vote for desantis but its hard to vote for someone when he quits before the majority of the country can vote for him. Sounds like your ire is directed at the wrong people.

He quit because he knew staying in would hurt the party and the chances of actually winning the general election. Ultimately he knew it wasn't about him. The early states had set the tone and that was the voters decision to make not his.

Again, you thought Trump was the better executive and better candidate. Own it.

I'll continue to point out why DeSantis was the better candidate every time he does something based as an executive, which if history is any indication won't stop anytime soon. We put up with your lies about DeSantis for months to prop up "your" guy, and now you are trying to absticate responsibility. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

Ummm, nice antisemitic slang you tossed in there: Absticate

Jesus fucking Christ, getting called an antisemite because you misspelled abdicate. This fucking place, the most pedantic place on the internet.

I agree that is a reach but you should be admonished for your petulant outbursts directed at people who preferred Trump over DeSantis. IDK why you are given so much leeway to attack and accuse others on this site of being liars, cultists, idiots etc but it isn't cute.

I’ll deal with your shit candidate, you can deal with my posts in GD.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By David45:
DeSantis got defeated so badly that he's been out of the race for weeks, yet his shills are still desperately trying to do some damage control and salvage his political future.

"Hey Trump cultist, stop caring about protecting jobs and ending wars and vote for this George Bush clone. Look, he's suing Disney! Unlike Trump he can get things DONE!"

There was like 18 months of this shit
View Quote

Yeah, imagine vocally supporting the candidate with a record of accomplishment vs. the guy with words and excuses.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I knew that was a made up word (he meant abdicate) so I did a search and urban dictionary is the only thing that comes up for that word. Interesting that someone would use that word. Would he just as Interesting if they claim their spellchecker is to blame.
View Quote
You knew what he meant and went there anyway?

Why?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

He’s on the payroll bud. I hate to break it to you. Look at what he did to free speech. While in Israel. Remember, who are you owners?  Who can’t you speak about?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Completely agree.

Sadly the Trump nutjobs are determined to crap all over this thread like usual.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:58:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DmL5] [#34]
View Quote

Trump will lose in 2024, and then he'll come back and derail the election for Republicans again in 2028. Watch and see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:05:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#35]
Originally Posted By somaliskinnypirate:
This thread is low on testosterone and high in purse hormone.

The best candidate won. I don't particularly admire Trump. However, we need an angry bull ready to break shit. It's the counter balance to the ultra leftist agenda. DeSantis is a nice guy. I just hope this time it's all gloves off. Whatever it takes.
View Quote

LMFAO your guy ALREADY LOST to joe depends. the hell kind of crack do you guys smoke to think it will be any different the second time?

and FPNI. Desantis would be taking Joe and Kamala to the woodchipper. Instead you've got a guy who ... already lost ... to the incumbent. LOL
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

FPNI

It's too bad that we've reached critical dumb mass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:26:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#37]
View Quote

Entertainment > substance is illustrative of why we are failing as a voting nation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Are bump stock bans still a thing?

Red flag laws were done well before DeSantis was in office or held any power in Florida.

The Bump stock ban were done BY Trump.
View Quote

Bump stocks are banned in Florida by state law.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JKH62:

View Quote

And again, did DeSantis have anything to do with it? (Hint, the answer is no.)

You guys are really bad at this, and proving my first post in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Gents, hopefully we are all on a pretty similar page here and arguing over minutia for how we think it should occur.

We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

You know just like you can create new laws, you can get rid of old ones.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Never said he did.

You like to toss "Trump" & "bump stock ban" out often but there are state laws, actual law, in effect unlike no fed law passed by congress and signed into actual law, by that Trump guy.

Now, back to the crying and purse swinging.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

View Quote

..... easier at the state level too.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Jesus fucking Christ, getting called an antisemite because you misspelled abdicate. This fucking place, the most pedantic place on the internet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:

Nope, you are, since you voted for him for the nomination over DeSantis. It 100% lies in your collective hands. I didn't vote for Trump to be the nominee, you guys did.

I'll vote for Trump now that he's the nominee, but I won't stop pointing out all the reasons DeSantis should've been the guy.

You mean the nominee that quit in January? Not that I was going to vote for desantis but its hard to vote for someone when he quits before the majority of the country can vote for him. Sounds like your ire is directed at the wrong people.

He quit because he knew staying in would hurt the party and the chances of actually winning the general election. Ultimately he knew it wasn't about him. The early states had set the tone and that was the voters decision to make not his.

Again, you thought Trump was the better executive and better candidate. Own it.

I'll continue to point out why DeSantis was the better candidate every time he does something based as an executive, which if history is any indication won't stop anytime soon. We put up with your lies about DeSantis for months to prop up "your" guy, and now you are trying to absticate responsibility. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

Ummm, nice antisemitic slang you tossed in there: Absticate

You mean pediatric.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Not when the people in the state legislature today are the same fucking people that wrote the law in 2018. No chance an executive is going to convince the same antigun FL legislature that passed the law to overturn it. The fact he got permitless carry through is a miracle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Never said he did.

You like to toss "Trump" & "bump stock ban" out often but there are state laws, actual law, in effect unlike no fed law passed by congress and signed into actual law, by that Trump guy.

View All Quotes

Never said he did.

Pics of your federally legal bump stock aren’t loading there big guy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

he"ll have his time, if we still have a Republic
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:54:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

And who does that? (Again, it’s not DeSantis.)

If a bump stock ban repeal was brought to his desk, I’d bet money he’d sign it. Unlike Trump who banned them, and not only that did it via EO which was unconstitutional on not one but two levels.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top