Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
What a fucking joke, I would just ask for a blood test.
At my age, I am not physically able to do this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#2]
Disco?
This is not a democracy, this is a cheerocracy.

I bet a 60yo judge would struggle to remember the sequence of events sober, much less perform them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
wow designed to fail you.
Revenue enforcer got to make that money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
"I'm just doing my job".

Now proceed to do the hokey pokey.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It is frustrating when you call them for assistance with a serious issue that is clearly within their purview and they are unpleasant and tell you they don't have time for that.  That after you see them wandering around the countryside walking up on folks doing normal hunting or fishing things and trying to jam them up on inconsequential things that don't have the potential to hurt someone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I generally side with the cops but this is some serious gay ass shit.

The fish cop's sobriety test is a piece of shit and he never ever get de pussy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Have  lived on the same river over forty years. One day at the local marina/pub the water cop was fueling up and walked the dock checking boats ... he looked at up at us  buds drinking beers and said "Who owns this whaler?"
I raised my hand , He said the registration numbers are good on one side but spaced to far apart on the other and that he would write me up next time he saw me out with the same layout.
here is the good side

here is the bad side

we all had a laugh and forgot about it ... a few years later he was anchored up in the river and flagged me over to jump his boat off and never said  thank you ... glad his dumb ass retired. .
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gloftoe] [#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
If the test is so easy, and the cops are trained on it and done it so often, why does he have to read it off of paper?

Playing the Simon says game would basically be the same. Stop with the games, have them blow there for a preliminary voluntarily or at the station. If your sure enough you're correct, get the blood test.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Defund the fish cops.

They've obviously got too many people with too much spare time.
View Quote
There is a reason Claude Dallas is a folk hero in some circles
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Those are some weird fucking tests.

No way I I would remember those three hand games sober.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I couldn't pass that test sober. I'm horrible at choreography and would hope I could get at least someone who was as bad of a dancer as me on the jury.

I have documented disability with my legs so I can't do the one-legged stand under any condition.

I also don't drink and drive.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]
And step kick one, hip thrust two, arm swing three and step four ...
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Id just say, no thanks, take me to jail.
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.
View Quote

Here's a clue. If you're asked to do a field sobriety test, you are already going to be arrested for DUI/BUI.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By chmodx:

The issue I have is his delivery of instructions.

He is rapid fire when instructing and the test seems overly dramatic as it is.  My big issue is that he has to read it from a manual.  While this may or may not be required for that test or ensures that the instructions are verbatim, it also gives the impression it requires a god damn manual. An attorney could reasonably argue the test instructions are confusing to a reasonable person and possibly win a mind or two on a jury.  I don't get why this was chosen or why the instructions want 4 different sequences memorized.  It leaves a lot of holes just by the presentation.

We didn't do fsts with anything but maybe a flashlight wedge in our armpit and our 007 in one hand just writing a couple things down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
There is a separate set of FST's developed for boating specifically because of equilibrium etc after being on a boat for any period of time. One leg stands and walk and turn and the ones you are used to seeing on traffic stops are part of the ashore battery of tests that cannot be completed until after a certain time has elapsed once you are ashore. That is why the palm pat, finger count, etc were developed. I got out of the game shortly after the test in the video was developed and the consensus amongst all of the Boarding Officers I worked with were that it was retarded.

He is rapid fire when instructing and the test seems overly dramatic as it is.  My big issue is that he has to read it from a manual.  While this may or may not be required for that test or ensures that the instructions are verbatim, it also gives the impression it requires a god damn manual. An attorney could reasonably argue the test instructions are confusing to a reasonable person and possibly win a mind or two on a jury.  I don't get why this was chosen or why the instructions want 4 different sequences memorized.  It leaves a lot of holes just by the presentation.

We didn't do fsts with anything but maybe a flashlight wedge in our armpit and our 007 in one hand just writing a couple things down.

I dunno. I never had a problem proving BUI back in the day. BRD.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Kharn:I bet a 60yo judge would struggle to remember the sequence of events sober, much less perform them.

Kharn
View Quote

/this!

I can decode an Ethernet or IP header part by part without a problem from memory ... because I learned that 25 years ago but struggle with my current ZIP code.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#18]

There is a laundry list of questions asked about injuries, defects, medical conditions, etc before the tests even begin to rule out any potential issues with certain tests. If you have injuries or disabilities that preclude you from completing them, then whatever tests you are able to complete are used.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

What happens if I say I have arthritis (which I do) and ask to skip the test and go straight to the breathalyzer?

There is a laundry list of questions asked about injuries, defects, medical conditions, etc before the tests even begin to rule out any potential issues with certain tests. If you have injuries or disabilities that preclude you from completing them, then whatever tests you are able to complete are used.

WarGames - "The Only Winning Move"
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Taom:
View Quote
Hello fellow Floridian. If you "ask for a blood test," you'll be marked down as a refusal. Just so that you know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
If the test is so easy, and the cops are trained on it and done it so often, why does he have to read it off of paper?

Playing the Simon says game would basically be the same. Stop with the games, have them blow there for a preliminary voluntarily or at the station. If your sure enough you're correct, get the blood test.
View Quote

You read it off of paper so that when you're called to testify as to how you delivered instructions, you can do it verbatim.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 103:
Hello fellow Floridian. If you "ask for a blood test," you'll be marked down as a refusal. Just so that you know.
View Quote

Would you have written me up for illegal spaced reg numbers?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
There is a separate set of FST's developed for boating specifically because of equilibrium etc after being on a boat for any period of time. One leg stands and walk and turn and the ones you are used to seeing on traffic stops are part of the ashore battery of tests that cannot be completed until after a certain time has elapsed once you are ashore. That is why the palm pat, finger count, etc were developed. I got out of the game shortly after the test in the video was developed and the consensus amongst all of the Boarding Officers I worked with were that it was retarded.

Did they have stupid fucking tests like in the video?  Did you put people in jail because they failed the impossible?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

What is the consequence for refusing to participate in subjectively graded stupid human tricks?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:43:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FuriousYachtsman] [#24]
People React To DUI Laws(1980s News Report)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dneal33:

View All Quotes

I was just explaining how this works to a fellow Floridian. I have had a spate of clients recently "ask for a blood test" and then be shocked when they just get cuffed, lose their DL for a year, and have to pay me to try to make the DUI (in their cases) go away.

But I hope your post makes you feel better about yourself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Did they have stupid fucking tests like in the video?  Did you put people in jail because they failed the impossible?
View All Quotes

Yes and no. They are easy exercises. They look silly. But they are empirically tested exercises. No one "fails" them. They show clues of impairment. These along various other indicators of impairment are how you prove BUI absent a chemical test.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Thuban:

If I was a judge I would have them perform the test, except a somewhat different one as they probably have memorized that one.

And when they can't do it I would throw them in jail for 180 days for showing up in my courtroom drunk. And 180 days later they would get tested again with a different test... back to jail for 180 days you alcoholic.
View Quote

I could drink to that .  

I like the way you think.  Some people honestly deserve cruelty, and police who abuse their authority are definitely such a group.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes and no. They are easy exercises. They look silly. But they are empirically tested exercises. No one "fails" them. They show clues of impairment. These along various other indicators of impairment are how you prove BUI absent a chemical test.
View All Quotes

The tests your local officers used were like the ones in the video?  And you think they prove anything other than cops and prosecutors will believe anything?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#29]
do the fish cops only stop cute girls?
Instagram Model Arrested On Jetski At Night For Drinking
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I was just explaining how this works to a fellow Floridian. I have had a spate of clients recently "ask for a blood test" and then be shocked when they just get cuffed, lose their DL for a year, and have to pay me to try to make the DUI (in their cases) go away.

View All Quotes

Wonder why the state likes it that way?  I'm sure they are doing it for "safety"
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Really?  Simply refusing to participate in FSTs results in losing your license for a year?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#32]

What is the consequence for refusing to participate in subjectively graded stupid human tricks?
View All Quotes

There is no penalty for refusing to participate in fields. The refusal can be used against you by the officer when he is considering the totality of the circumstances while trying to determine if he has PC to arrest you for BUI. Later, if your case goes to trial, the prosecutor will absolutely use your refusal to argue consciousness of guilt. A chemical test is only requested post-arrest in Florida (Florida law requires PC of a DUI/BUI to exist before a chemical test can be requested absent serious bodily injury).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lWoBBGidM
View Quote

When they aren't volunteering to work undercover at the glory hole.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I felt your post was a brag about stuffing and cuffing boaters , i must be wrong. sorry ... but i feel great about my  50 some years of running  the piss out of Florida water ways  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#35]

The tests your local officers used were like the ones in the video?  And you think they prove anything other than cops and prosecutors will believe anything?  
View Quote
Yup. I guess I'm a retard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#36]
Originally Posted By AGraham:
"I'm just doing my job".

Now proceed to do the hokey pokey.
View Quote

Every statement was bullshit.

"Were stopped you for her dancing on the boat"
"Were only checking safety equipment"
"We need to check your cooler"
"We need you to do xyz"

From the moment they picked that boat, atleast one of the people on the boat were getting screwed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Really?  Simply refusing to participate in FSTs results in losing your license for a year?
View All Quotes

I was speaking a bit too generally. Refusal to provide a breath sample post DUI arrest will result in a one-year suspension. That is almost always where I see the "take my blood" refusals. Refusing to participate in SFSEs will very often result in an arrest. MOST of my blow refusals are also SFSE refusals.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Let's settle it for sure:  Would you participate in FSTs if you were stone sober?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#39]
There is no penalty for refusing to participate in fields. The refusal can be used against you by the officer when he is considering the totality of the circumstances while trying to determine if he has PC to arrest you for BUI. Later, if your case goes to trial, the prosecutor will absolutely use your refusal to argue consciousness of guilt. A chemical test is only requested post-arrest in Florida (Florida law requires PC of a DUI/BUI to exist before a chemical test can be requested absent serious bodily injury).
View All Quotes

He either has PC to arrest you or he doesn't.  Not participating in his evidence gathering doesn't add more to the equation.

If you used the refusal of someone to participate in voluntary, subjective evidence gathering procedures against them then you are not a friend of liberty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I was speaking a bit too generally. Refusal to provide a breath sample post DUI arrest will result in a one-year suspension. That is almost always where I see the "take my blood" refusals. Refusing to participate in SFSEs will very often result in an arrest. MOST of my blow refusals are also SFSE refusals.
View All Quotes

No, you were speaking completely off of the subject.  At what point in the video did the fish cop request a breath sample?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lexington] [#42]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
"No, you can't step on.  You're a land cop, not qualified to enter a boat."
View Quote

Exactly. "Do me a favor" and "May I" get a "no". I don't do favors and you may not have permission.

"I need you to..." is another one. Apparently our needs differ.

Three non-commands get three No.

Mmmmmmmkay?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Lexington:

Exactly. "Do me a favor" and "May I" get a "no". I don't do favors and you may not have permission.

Mmmmmmmkay?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lexington:
Originally Posted By AeroE:
"No, you can't step on.  You're a land cop, not qualified to enter a boat."

Mmmmmmmkay?

Cops sure seem to enjoy playing fucking word games.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lWoBBGidM
View Quote
Only the ones that get re-posted to YouTube.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Wildlife cops are some of the biggest cocksuckers around.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:
Was the boat really docked? Talk about a blow job move...

ETA I'm not a fish cop, but regular cop. I've never seen field sobriety tests like that, and recognize that they would obviously need to differ from those on land.

However, to have a test that requires 4 separate steps that are not demonstrated in sequence by the officer? It would seem to me that it would be easily thrown out by a defense attorney?

Can a fish cop come in and speak to this test, because it kinda looks like bull crap to me lol.

The attitude on that cop was absurd lol. You're rolling up on people hanging out in a docked boat.
View Quote

Seated battery of tests, takes out the swaying effect you pick up in a boat after a couple hours underway.

Way too fast of instruction delivery in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By -JY-:
Wildlife cops are some of the biggest cocksuckers around.
View Quote
Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Have  lived on the same river over forty years. One day at the local marina/pub the water cop was fueling up and walked the dock checking boats ... he looked at up at us  buds drinking beers and said "Who owns this whaler?"
I raised my hand , He said the registration numbers are good on one side but spaced to far apart on the other and that he would write me up next time he saw me out with the same layout.
here is the good side
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/005_zpszifjbwd7.jpg" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/005_zpszifjbwd7.jpg
here is the bad side
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/002_zpsmuzidw5y.jpg" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/002_zpsmuzidw5y.jpg

we all had a laugh and forgot about it ... a few years later he was anchored up in the river and flagged me over to jump his boat off and never said  thank you ... glad his dumb ass retired. .
View Quote

I would have told him sorry I don't jump cars or boat off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#49]
blondie is not guilty of anything
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bud] [#50]
That badged midget needs an ass whipping.

In minecraft, or something.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top