BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
would be great for fish cops to have to perform these tests sober vs inebriated and be judged on their performance.

there’s NO WAY i (or anyone) could do any of those perfectly, despite being sober. designed to make you fail.
View Quote

They have to pass a proficiency test in training. Also a smart defense attorney would request they perform the tests when they’re testifying in court as well as pick apart their instructions to their client when they were at the scene
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By UV18:
The guy is on land. There is ZERO reason to do any alternate tests.
View Quote
Came here to post this. Those tests are for when they are actually on the boat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dneal33:
Have  lived on the same river over forty years. One day at the local marina/pub the water cop was fueling up and walked the dock checking boats ... he looked at up at us  buds drinking beers and said "Who owns this whaler?"
I raised my hand , He said the registration numbers are good on one side but spaced to far apart on the other and that he would write me up next time he saw me out with the same layout.
here is the good side
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/005_zpszifjbwd7.jpg" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/005_zpszifjbwd7.jpg
here is the bad side
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/002_zpsmuzidw5y.jpg" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/dneal33/002_zpsmuzidw5y.jpg

we all had a laugh and forgot about it ... a few years later he was anchored up in the river and flagged me over to jump his boat off and never said  thank you ... glad his dumb ass retired. .
View Quote

Your bad side is actually more correct at least according to our DMV.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
If the test is so easy, and the cops are trained on it and done it so often, why does he have to read it off of paper?

Playing the Simon says game would basically be the same. Stop with the games, have them blow there for a preliminary voluntarily or at the station. If your sure enough you're correct, get the blood test.
View Quote

So everyone will get the same exact instructions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
There is a reason Claude Dallas is a folk hero in some circles
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Defund the fish cops.

They've obviously got too many people with too much spare time.
There is a reason Claude Dallas is a folk hero in some circles

Same as George Floyd. Thugs celebrating thugs
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greenranger] [#6]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

Here's a clue. If you're asked to do a field sobriety test, you are already going to be arrested for DUI/BUI.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Id just say, no thanks, take me to jail.
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.

Here's a clue. If you're asked to do a field sobriety test, you are already going to be arrested for DUI/BUI.

Absolutely incorrect.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By greenranger:

Absolutely incorrect.
View All Quotes
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.

Absolutely incorrect.

Yep. Seen quite a few get cut loose or a voluntary ride after doing SFSTs
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Back the Blue!

Just doing my job!

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:

Yep. Seen quite a few get cut loose or a voluntary ride after doing SFSTs
View Quote
You do you. I have self respect and don't dance for Nazi's.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By troublesome:
You do you. I have self respect and don't dance for Nazi's.
View Quote

Stunning and brave.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

Stunning and brave.
View Quote
Hey, if you want to coddle the polices' balls, you go right ahead.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't quite get fish cops, they board you in the middle of no where, then expect that they have the upper hand?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel moderately safer
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:03:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greenranger] [#14]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
I don't quite get fish cops, they board you in the middle of no where, then expect that they have the upper hand?
View Quote

I went from a ghetto cop with backup 2 minutes or less away to a game warden with no real dispatcher and no radio contact and no cell phones.
You’d be surprised how well you will treat people in that situation. Plus it’s amazing how different people act when they’re out enjoying nature vs at home drunk beating their wives.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greenranger] [#15]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

You ain't going to change the cop's mind at that point.  Hell, some cops were found to be arresting people even after they blew 0.0's.

Shut up and don't give them anything to get you on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By UV18:
The guy is on land. There is ZERO reason to do any alternate tests.

As a suspect there's pretty much zero reason to do any tests.

You ain't going to change the cop's mind at that point.  Hell, some cops were found to be arresting people even after they blew 0.0's.

Yeah there's a video on YT of a guy who blew 0.0 twice and the cop did not relent... he threatened the guy with arrest if he did not submit to a "voluntary" blood test.  

I fucking hate fish cops.  I've seen so many poachers, have reported a vehicle underwater, reckless boating... they don't do shit.  Instead they'll hassle the family at the boat ramp.  Fuck em.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:07:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STRIKE504] [#17]

Absolutely incorrect.
View All Quotes
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.

Absolutely incorrect.

This. I got stopped for a tail light out and did their dog and pony show when completely sober. Rookie cop, his supervisor apologized and I told him he needs retraining.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I woukd tell him my boat costs more than he could ever make in a lifetime...i feel sorry for your wife....call my atty.

Saw a vid like this, thought it was this, except FWC pulled over a pontoon boat that made a "wake" the capt of that ponton was an off duty SO from that county. Same dumb test and he got arrested. 5k comments on the vid, all exonerated the poor off duty cop
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Absolutely incorrect.
View All Quotes
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.

Absolutely incorrect.

lol. Sure you're right.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, if you want to coddle the polices' balls, you go right ahead.
View Quote

No no it's ok. I'll leave you to thinking about dancing for nazi's and coddling balls. Weird things to think about though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rgaper:

Yeah there's a video on YT of a guy who blew 0.0 twice and the cop did not relent... he threatened the guy with arrest if he did not submit to a "voluntary" blood test.  

View Quote

I'm genuinely curious, how does that work?  Would blowing "0" remove any probable cause for bloodwork?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#23]

lol. Sure you're right.

View All Quotes
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.

Absolutely incorrect.

lol. Sure you're right.

From my Personal experience I’m absolutely correct
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Defund the fish cops.

They've obviously got too many people with too much spare time.
View Quote

This.

And that was the most asinine DUI test I have ever seen. I would have refused and asked for a breath test.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

I'm genuinely curious, how does that work?  Would blowing "0" remove any probable cause for bloodwork?
View All Quotes

Could be drugs assuming he’s showing the signs of being impaired. Blowing a 0 doesn’t mean one isn’t impaired it just means it’s not alcohol
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.
View Quote

Exactly any of these test are used against you and your gonna fail them sober or drunk.

Sway one inch is a fail lift your foot up hold it well you fail for not bringing to the right height. Etc I’d go straight to the real test at station and you can refuse the roadside or dockside test just can’t refuse the station official test.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:49:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgaper] [#27]

Could be drugs assuming he’s showing the signs of being impaired. Blowing a 0 doesn’t mean one isn’t impaired it just means it’s not alcohol
View All Quotes

In this case, the guy's blood test also came back clean and they still didn't drop charges.  The cop was visibly angry.  All because "he seemed impaired."

There has to be some degree of accountability against the cops who do this.  It feels just like that shitty MLB umpire who gets calls wrong all the time but never gets fired.

As someone who does not drink and does not use drugs, I have no patience for people who put me or my family at risk because of their poor choices... but I have even less patience for being accused of it without a good reason.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Shit.  I’m gonna sell my boat.  I can’t keep up with that shit!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#29]

In this case, the guy's blood test also came back clean and they still didn't drop charges.  The cop was visibly angry.  All because "he seemed impaired."

There has to be some degree of accountability against the cops who do this.  It feels just like that shitty MLB umpire who gets calls wrong all the time but never gets fired.

As someone who does not drink and does not use drugs, I have no patience for people who put me or my family at risk because of their poor choices... but I have even less patience for being accused of it without a good reason.

View All Quotes

I don’t disagree. If there was ever a question I always sided on not charging them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

No no it's ok. I'll leave you to thinking about dancing for nazi's and coddling balls. Weird things to think about though.
View Quote
I hope the officer sees this! He might give you another TBL sticker for riding the nuts of another retarded cop on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#31]
After watching the BC video I doubt anything the boat owner did would have changed the outcome. Ouji test be damned.

Impairment not seen at all IMO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

How would the cop appear visibly angry? It takes awhile for blood test to come back. Did he have a camera crew following him around? I think the quickest I've gotten blood test results was 2 months. And there are plenty of things that you can get high off of that won't show on a blood test. I've seen people high on K2, bath salts, inhalants, I even had one passed out at an intersection that was huffing canned air.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Really?  Simply refusing to participate in FSTs results in losing your license for a year?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:
Originally Posted By dneal33:
Hello fellow Floridian. If you "ask for a blood test," you'll be marked down as a refusal. Just so that you know.

Would you have written me up for illegal spaced reg numbers?
I was just explaining how this works to a fellow Floridian. I have had a spate of clients recently "ask for a blood test" and then be shocked when they just get cuffed, lose their DL for a year, and have to pay me to try to make the DUI (in their cases) go away.

But I hope your post makes you feel better about yourself.

Really?  Simply refusing to participate in FSTs results in losing your license for a year?

That's not even the case in NY... wow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]
There is no penalty for refusing to participate in fields. The refusal can be used against you by the officer when he is considering the totality of the circumstances while trying to determine if he has PC to arrest you for BUI. Later, if your case goes to trial, the prosecutor will absolutely use your refusal to argue consciousness of guilt. A chemical test is only requested post-arrest in Florida (Florida law requires PC of a DUI/BUI to exist before a chemical test can be requested absent serious bodily injury).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Taom:
What a fucking joke, I would just ask for a blood test.
At my age, I am not physically able to do this.
Hello fellow Floridian. If you "ask for a blood test," you'll be marked down as a refusal. Just so that you know.

What is the consequence for refusing to participate in subjectively graded stupid human tricks?
There is no penalty for refusing to participate in fields. The refusal can be used against you by the officer when he is considering the totality of the circumstances while trying to determine if he has PC to arrest you for BUI. Later, if your case goes to trial, the prosecutor will absolutely use your refusal to argue consciousness of guilt. A chemical test is only requested post-arrest in Florida (Florida law requires PC of a DUI/BUI to exist before a chemical test can be requested absent serious bodily injury).

Lol, trial. Has Florida not gotten the memo to plea everything down to the lowest possible violation?

NY sucks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I hope the officer sees this! He might give you another TBL sticker for riding the nuts of another retarded cop on the internet.
View Quote

Here's hoping!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Bullshit sobriety test
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgaper] [#37]

How would the cop appear visibly angry? It takes awhile for blood test to come back. Did he have a camera crew following him around? I think the quickest I've gotten blood test results was 2 months. And there are plenty of things that you can get high off of that won't show on a blood test. I've seen people high on K2, bath salts, inhalants, I even had one passed out at an intersection that was huffing canned air.
View All Quotes

The cop was angry after the breathalyzer came back as 0.0.  He had decided this guy was drunk... and then because he wasn't drunk he MUST be on drugs.  He was out for blood, literally.

Here you go.......

https://youtu.be/VHQZs8hk5yw?si=G9IVOY_ofyeA77yx
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#38]

The cop was angry after the breathalyzer came back as 0.0.  He had decided this guy was drunk... and then because he wasn't drunk he MUST be on drugs.  He was out for blood, literally.

Here you go.......

https://youtu.be/VHQZs8hk5yw?si=G9IVOY_ofyeA77yx
View Quote

This?

https://reason.com/2024/02/14/iowa-cops-arrested-a-sober-college-student-for-driving-intoxicated-his-lawsuit-is-moving-forward/
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#39]

not sure if this ^^ is the one he was referring to, but i’ve watched that one a few times and all i can say is……WOW.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Cop said if the guy blew clean he was still staying in jail and going to court.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:
Was the boat really docked? Talk about a blow job move...

ETA I'm not a fish cop, but regular cop. I've never seen field sobriety tests like that, and recognize that they would obviously need to differ from those on land.

However, to have a test that requires 4 separate steps that are not demonstrated in sequence by the officer? It would seem to me that it would be easily thrown out by a defense attorney?

Can a fish cop come in and speak to this test, because it kinda looks like bull crap to me lol.

The attitude on that cop was absurd lol. You're rolling up on people hanging out in a docked boat.
View Quote

People need to take that shit to a jury trial. Let the defense play the body cam. I’d vote not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
What the fuck?

Does no cop know how to do the eye twitch test anymore?
View Quote

Cop failed me on that one when he had me facing into a blizzard. Eventually I got to blow into the breathalyzer and he had to let me go. I don’t get how the fish cop gets to keep the dude even if he passes the breathalyzer
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.

I’ll never do one again after watching that BS. Fucker can lie and say you failed anyway
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Taom:
What a fucking joke, I would just ask for a blood test.
At my age, I am not physically able to do this.

How is that vs the fail that that cop would have doled out wether he passed it or not?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#45]
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.
View Quote

No matter how good you do the tests. They can still fail you and charge you. You can even blow zeros and they can still charge you. It's nuts

Luckily for me the FWC by me have always been pretty cool cops. Never had an issue but it depends on where you are. I know an area where they are notoriously bad. I avoid that area. But around me? They are pretty cool
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#46]

He either has PC to arrest you or he doesn't.  Not participating in his evidence gathering doesn't add more to the equation.

If you used the refusal of someone to participate in voluntary, subjective evidence gathering procedures against them then you are not a friend of liberty.
View Quote

That makes sense. Just like a lie detector, it will never be used in your favor. There is no reason to take one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Any reasonable jury would say not guilty. That cop is a dick. Also dudes GF is not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

Seated battery of tests, takes out the swaying effect you pick up in a boat after a couple hours underway.

Way too fast of instruction delivery in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:
Originally Posted By Creatyre:
Was the boat really docked? Talk about a blow job move...

ETA I'm not a fish cop, but regular cop. I've never seen field sobriety tests like that, and recognize that they would obviously need to differ from those on land.

However, to have a test that requires 4 separate steps that are not demonstrated in sequence by the officer? It would seem to me that it would be easily thrown out by a defense attorney?

Can a fish cop come in and speak to this test, because it kinda looks like bull crap to me lol.

The attitude on that cop was absurd lol. You're rolling up on people hanging out in a docked boat.

Seated battery of tests, takes out the swaying effect you pick up in a boat after a couple hours underway.

Way too fast of instruction delivery in my opinion.

Right, like I said, I understand that the tests need to be different.

That being said, the test was ridiculous and I'm sure does nothing in court.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#49]
The more videos I see the more I dislike cops.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#50]

They have to pass a proficiency test in training. Also a smart defense attorney would request they perform the tests when they’re testifying in court as well as pick apart their instructions to their client when they were at the scene
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
would be great for fish cops to have to perform these tests sober vs inebriated and be judged on their performance.

there’s NO WAY i (or anyone) could do any of those perfectly, despite being sober. designed to make you fail.

I can't speak for that officer, but in NY I was only instructed on, and had to demonstrate proficiency in, one leg stand, walk the line, and HGN. My suspicion is that wasn't a state sanctioned SFST.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top