BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
When a lawyer gets rid of the bad apple more effectively then the good apples.
View Quote

The exposure these video's brought, shows the effectiveness of the department policing themselves.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said that, but it was obviously a tongue-in-cheek. You should see all the anonymous threats and hate mail I get from cops. So I don't really give much of a fuck anyways. I have a teenage daughter, so maybe this one got me in the feels a little bit and a little riled up.

I just did the interview w/ the local news lady and she told me she just interviewed the town attorney and the prosecutor dropped all charges and they fired the cop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grunteled:

Yeah, the dad and the girl reached out to me and said they were so happy with my video. And the Institute for Justice I think is considering taking on the case because my video put it on their radar.  Bitch about clicks all you want, but my YouTube videos get more real world government accountability than my lawsuits could ever do in 100 years. Government doesn't care about having to pay money.... they care about the public learning what bad things they've done, as well as political consequences.

Thats all good.  I'm not going to bitch about clicks, it is the name of the game if you want publicity for something.   To address my own comments, I don't think the 'check on his wife' comment was cool.  I think it's possible to say that someone is wrong, and has no business being in the job they are without attacking every aspect of them and their spouse.  That's a bit wide of the evidence in my opinion.  As far as getting the girl and dad some attention and action on that incident I'm glad you are doing that for them.  She did not deserve to be treated like that and I would be livid if I saw my daughter treated that way over a speeding ticket.  I hope you are able to make the stupid hurt for this police dept a bit.  Overall I'm not offended really that YouTube channels hype there stuff a bit.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said that, but it was obviously a tongue-in-cheek. You should see all the anonymous threats and hate mail I get from cops. So I don't really give much of a fuck anyways. I have a teenage daughter, so maybe this one got me in the feels a little bit and a little riled up.

I just did the interview w/ the local news lady and she told me she just interviewed the town attorney and the prosecutor dropped all charges and they fired the cop.

You do good work.
Some humor, dramatization, etc. get these more views and more widespread.  And as I said in another post, we can live with that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Vne:

I can go along with most of what you said here and I wouldn't have quit the video if his words only applied to this cop. But they clearly didn't when he made the blue line on car comment. That smears every cop that happens to drive a cruiser with a blue line on the side. "Us versus them". That's where he completely lost me.
View Quote

Obviously Lawyerup isn’t for everyone.  You can go to the other link on the first page and see all available video without anyones narration.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Great job!  I’m not a cop hater and I thought your joke about checking on his wife was hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
She should have followed orders.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Yeah, the dad and the girl reached out to me and said they were so happy with my video. And the Institute for Justice I think is considering taking on the case because my video put it on their radar.  Bitch about clicks all you want, but my YouTube videos get more real world government accountability than my lawsuits could ever do in 100 years. Government doesn't care about having to pay money.... they care about the public learning what bad things they've done, as well as political consequences.
View Quote
Funny how much they hate transparency and accountability
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:00:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lug1] [#7]
Originally Posted By HighLighter:
View Quote
But she didn't have a dental plan....

ETA: but she was gonna need one after that encounter
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
That's all good, but's it fucked up that it took public outrage to force them to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
Glad to see the stupid cop got fired.  Hope the family still sues. Time to make the dumbass police chief and city council pay for their stupidty in standing by that loser.
View Quote

That’s not really enough… whatever type of  state level  POST certification board should review the matter and pull his ticket to be a cop, and while they’re at it look at the departments leadership that said this was ok.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ricko1:
That's all good, but's it fucked up that it took public outrage to force them to do the right thing.
View All Quotes
This
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
Glad to see the stupid cop got fired.  Hope the family still sues. Time to make the dumbass police chief and city council pay for their stupidty in standing by that loser.
View Quote

Yep.  After someone goes and checks on his wife, I think we can just about wrap this one up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:

Or the lazy.

Back when I was a flunkie intern with the Illinois State Police 20 years ago, I might have punched 3, 4, or maybe 5 murders into ViCAP.

There were two girls there the semester before.  I think they punched in 300 cases (mainly murders….I suppose) into ViCAP.

That they had to punch in 300 back logged cases in one semester should tell you something.

That it was pawned off onto UNpaid interns should tell you something else too,

Now granted this was near East St. Louis, and I am sure at that time there were plenty of crack hoes just disappearing. (East St. Louis did have an issue with feral dogs just trotting down the the street with human femurs in their mouths.  Yes.  Seriously.  The body dumping was that bad in the E.St.L)

But on one of my last days as an intern there, I called Springfield.  It was probably just some IT guy or some intell weenine.  It probably wasn’t somebody sworn.  Probably.  He said, “Oh, yeah, that computer’s version of ViCAP is not web based.  We’ll have to come down there some time to get that hard drive.  Then we will have to upload it all to the FBI’s server/database."

I mean they were probably all just crack hoes, right?  There might have been 300 mothers out there wondering about their son or daughter who went missing.

@Lou_Daks

About the whole bell curve thing…

When I was middle management in the Air Force, it was called the “90/10” rule.  And there were two versions of it:

A.  10% of your subordinates end up doing 90% of the work

B.  10% of your subordinates will be shitbirds/troublemakers and they will eat up 90% of your time.

Getting back more on topic…

I know that the 18 year old girl Vivian probably wasn’t all that on top of things, but pulling into a gas station that has all sorts of security cameras was lucky/coincidental on her part.

If I had a teenage daughter, from now on, that’s where I would tell her to pull over at.

EDIT:  the only thing she should have done different was to ask for medical and get taken to the ER, especially if she had any abrasions or cuts to her face or head.  At least then, everything would be medically documented.
View Quote

We had the same rule where I worked, but we called it the 80/20 rule.  I was in the 20.  Not sayin' WHICH 20.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

The lawyer that is all about the clicks in your mind also directed people to the dad's website.
View Quote

Imagine that. If the town council won't fix it, what other options for recourse does he have other than shining some bright light on these cockroaches?

crawl into a hole and stay silent about the abuse? that will only reinforce it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Lol what a bunch of idiots. This was their earlier statement regarding this situation after doing an investigation on themselves and finding no wrongdoing. It was posted by another member around page 4.

From a local news site…

In the town’s statement, they say, “In response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Town Council has reviewed the surrounding circumstances, including unabridged video footage from four cameras.
“The council recognizes that officer Brian Schimmel’s interaction with the accused on January 24, 2024, was flawed but not worthy of dismissal. Concerns with the encounter include allowing the accused to have an unmonitored conversation with her father at the scene, which, like other elements of the incident, was not included in the footage released online. The force involved appears consistent with police academy training.
“Since the incident occurred more than two months ago, the marshal has already addressed areas of concern with the officer. The Town Council concurs with both the marshal’s corrective efforts and his decision to retain the officer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MHowski:
That cop is so worked up over arresting an 18 yr old girl who didn’t resist that his voice is shaking.  When she is in the car she is speaking normally and he is yelling.  Idk why they even bother with the psych evals this dude is nuts.
View Quote

Thank heavens an acorn didn't fall on the car.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#16]
You're on my scene. Get out of my scene!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

It's bullshit to assert that cops, like most humans, are tribal and very frequently protect their own?  
View Quote

Really? What an impressive disconnect from reality.

We've seen, over the decades, that no matter how egregeious an offense is, if the offender wears a uniform, he is judged at ever level by a different standard. Time and time again. there is an "internal investigation" which clears things up. Worst case, a slap on the wrist and 99.87% not even that.
Throw an 18-year face down on the asphalt and it's perfectly fine. She is the poster child for a perfect citizen. Yeah, burned out headlight. What to do, set her in boiling oil?
 Even the slowest rat can see the maze has no exit.
What an insult to my intelligence.

You as a civilian, try 10% of the shyt they do and you will be found guilty. There are multiple levels of justice and double or triple standards. Unless there is race involved. But not here, she does not fit the profile where media could milk it for its political content. The only people who endorse/protect/stay silent about the above practice are the ones who have something to benefit from it, a vested interest, or total imbeciles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#18]

No idea why this is your response to something I posted.
View Quote

I was agreeing with what you said, while making fun of anybody who might claim to not know John Bryan was a member here, without singling any particular person out for the making fun part.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

We've seen, over the decades, that no matter how egregeious an offense is, if the offender wears a uniform, he is judged at ever level by a different standard. Time and time again. there is an "internal investigation" which clears things up. Worst case, a slap on the wrist and 99.87% not even that.
Throw an 18-year face down on the asphalt and it's perfectly fine. She is the poster child for a perfect citizen. Yeah, burned out headlight. What to do, set her in boiling oil?

You as a civilian, try 10% of the shyt they do and you will be found guilty. There are multiple levels of justice and double or triple standards. Unless there is race involved. But not here, she does not fit the profile where media could milk it for its political content. The only people who endorse/protect/stay silent about the above practice are the ones who have something to benefit from it, a vested interest, or total imbeciles.
View All Quotes

It's bullshit to assert that cops, like most humans, are tribal and very frequently protect their own?  

There was a question mark at the end of his sentence. I don't believe he's gonna disagree much with what you posted. I doubt anyone in this thread would, for that matter, as I've yet to see a single person attempt to defend the cop's actions.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

No

Every person should evaluate , based on their conscience, whether an order is  lawful or not.

An attitude like the above  would make you a fine subject in People's Republic of Cuba or East Germany or such. Where you have to follow *ALL* orders without hesitation.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

and he will likely stay unemployed in that field

I mean what department wants to hire a liability?
Unless he goes to work for the feds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Maybe one day all the good officers will get on a podium and talk about how they told they're retarded brother that his charges were denied and hes on the shit list till his employment review is complete.

Until then, I see no evidence that they simply aren't all shitheads covering for each other.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

A town councilman, who requested to remain anonymous after receiving several death threats related to the incident, was able to confirm South Whitley Officer Brian Schimmel is no longer with the agency. On Friday, Whitley County Prosecutor D.J. Sigler released a statement saying that all charges against Vivian Augustus have been dropped.

21 News forgot to say 'allegedly' in regard to the purported 'several death threats'.
Did somebody, several somebodies, actually threaten to kill the unnamed councilman, or did several somebodies castigate him and one of them proclaim that when Officer Brian Schimmel finally kills somebody, they hope it's the councilman?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:
Can’t say officer 2 didn’t warn him what was about to happen if he chose to proceed.  This just further confirms  that officer 1 is a complete dumbass and shouldn’t be in any position of power.

I do wish officer 2 would have made it a bit more clear, but body cams and all, he has to be careful as well.  It would suck for a seemingly good cop like him get berated for some kind of preferential treatment (even though it wasn’t that  at all).
View Quote

It's kind of a bad look when you lower your voice to that extreme while 'counseling' a junior officer, as if you are saying something you don't want to be caught saying.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]

And here I thought personal attacks on members were not allowed.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Palm:
The lawyer sounds like a real slime ball. His assertion that if you don’t agree with his point of view representing his client, you are the problem tells you a lot about the guy.

There a lot of unsupported assumptions the lawyer made in his assertions of the facts at hand.

Now that I said that, I too don’t know exactly what happened with the evidence that was brought forward in the video so we are in a he said, she said situation.

Personally, I would have not pulled her out of the car at the point he did and would have given a her a little more time to produce her documents. Please note that I am not a law enforcement officer and I have never have been one. I do however have a lot of experience dealing with teen age shit heads.

And here I thought personal attacks on members were not allowed.

Apparently not for some
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]

No

Every person should evaluate , based on their conscience, whether an order is  lawful or not.

An attitude like the above  would make you a fine subject in People's Republic of Cuba or East Germany or such. Where you have to follow *ALL* orders without hesitation.

View All Quotes

No

I still assert it wasn’t an order.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]

I think this is a completely reasonable statement. I disagree with none of it. I merely made the decision to stop gathering the facts of this case from a lawyer that is clearly intent on using fallacious arguments to gather emotionally driven clicks. I'll wait for an attorney with a more professional presentation to discuss the case. I don't see why that's such an offensive attitude to take.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
Had to turn it off at 4:40. That lawyer is full of shit. I have no doubt the cop is guilty of excessive force but that doesn't mean the girl is completely free of fucking up as well. Lawyer Up is completely grasping at straws with the "blue line through the police" paint job on the squad car. It's not like that cop painted that car. He's also treading on thin ice by suggesting the cop beats his wife. Yes, I have serious reservations about the cop's actions that day. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe the parents side of things that Lawyer Up keeps promoting either. The parents weren't even there! They got their story from their daughter who, no doubt, crafted a version of reality into story format so that she sounds as innocent as possible.

The truth of what happened is somewhere in the middle. I suspect the girl went out of her way to act like an asshole and the cop obliged in return. Yeah, I think the cop deserves to be fired but I seriously doubt that girl and her family deserve a pay day. If that were my daughter, I'd take her driving privileges away.

We have a professional who believes in civil rights but also dresses up / subjectively comments on YouTube videos to increase interest, dramatize, etc.  
I can live with that.

We have a teenage girl with her window down and DL in hand- who maybe had, objectively a minute or so to get out their DL, etc. which seems to be a quite short time to fail to identify and resist.  I can live with that.

And we have a cop with a pattern of issues and sketchy employment history on routine patrol going full retard on normal people.  We should not have to live with that.

Don’t get me wrong.  Society needs guys like that cop.  Yes.  They are a pain in the ass.  They’re the ones that go to far with their colleagues in school and and want to take a little hazing/piss taking too far, and try to stir up shit when they have a crew or position to back it up, etc.  They are never going to be a good leader or selfless hero in .mil, or a good protector of the community in LE because they want to be brutal to the meek but need to be faceless in a group when it’s time to go brutal vs. brutal.

But..
In a war or in a society of dangerous groups,
They can be effective with the right leadership in a group of similar when unleashed on the appropriate recipients.

I think this is a completely reasonable statement. I disagree with none of it. I merely made the decision to stop gathering the facts of this case from a lawyer that is clearly intent on using fallacious arguments to gather emotionally driven clicks. I'll wait for an attorney with a more professional presentation to discuss the case. I don't see why that's such an offensive attitude to take.

Except none of your emotional response is supported by facts.  His comments, however, are supported by facts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JustAnother10-32:

Lol what a bunch of idiots. This was their earlier statement regarding this situation after doing an investigation on themselves and finding no wrongdoing. It was posted by another member around page 4.

From a local news site…

In the town’s statement, they say, “In response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Town Council has reviewed the surrounding circumstances, including unabridged video footage from four cameras.
“The council recognizes that officer Brian Schimmel’s interaction with the accused on January 24, 2024, was flawed but not worthy of dismissal. Concerns with the encounter include allowing the accused to have an unmonitored conversation with her father at the scene, which, like other elements of the incident, was not included in the footage released online. The force involved appears consistent with police academy training.
“Since the incident occurred more than two months ago, the marshal has already addressed areas of concern with the officer. The Town Council concurs with both the marshal’s corrective efforts and his decision to retain the officer.
View Quote

They did have 4 video cameras. 2 body cams and 2 car cams would be my guess. That camera from the store shows a lot more.

The claim about bodycam not activating and so on is an issue. There is also the buffering that is missing from the bodycam. I am still curious why that is. For those that don't know, when you press record on the bodycam, it then saves 15-30 seconds of video PRIOR to you hitting the record. This video will be missing audio in the normal setting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Whoever wrote their official statement needs to be fired as well.  She didn't refuse to provide that information, she certainly didn't do so "knowingly or intentionally", she didn't open the window as far as the officer felt that I needed to be.

Also, they use the phrase "lawful requests".  A request is optional, I swear if I'm ever on a jury about someone refusing to obey a cop that only "asks" or "requests" something be done that person walks.  If it's an order then fucking say it is.
View Quote

Greggory Hockemeyer, JD?

From the police department's now-deleted FB account:

“In response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Police Department notes that it is limited in its ability to offer additional information. The social media post and comments suggest a uniformed local officer acted unreasonably in his interaction with a driver pulled over for speeding on January 24, 2024. The incident resulted in a criminal charge and judicial finding of probable cause that the driver committed a crime. Persons charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

It is a crime to refuse to identify yourself if stopped for a traffic infraction. Further, a law enforcement officer is authorized to arrest an individual who commits a crime in the officer’s presence. The reasonableness of this officer’s conduct during the arrest is being reviewed. To ensure the fairness of the process to all parties, the Town’s Attorney has advised that it is inappropriate to comment on the underlying facts of this incident while they are being reviewed.”
   Greggory W. Hockemeyer, South Whitley town attorney wrote.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I literally don't give a single flying fuck. My opinion is warranted. And you show me where I called him a liar. I didn't, though what he did isn't far off. I do think it was an unprofessional comment to make. If he hadn't made them I'd be solidly in agreement with him and I'm sure I'd have actually finished the video. But maybe he thinks those comments bolster his case? He should make those comments in front of whatever jury he eventually finds himself before and see if they help.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lug1:

That lawyer is a member here, so when you go calling people liars and unprofessional based on your opinion remember that.

I literally don't give a single flying fuck. My opinion is warranted. And you show me where I called him a liar. I didn't, though what he did isn't far off. I do think it was an unprofessional comment to make. If he hadn't made them I'd be solidly in agreement with him and I'm sure I'd have actually finished the video. But maybe he thinks those comments bolster his case? He should make those comments in front of whatever jury he eventually finds himself before and see if they help.

Your “opinion” is a teenage girl’s emotional rant.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
He is a school resource officer, it's a small town and he probably knows most of the kids. He may know the girl's father because perhaps the father is involved in his daughter's education
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
Originally Posted By wyorock:
In the video the other cop makes mention of her father.  Clearly some sort of history with the dad and the local PD.  Raises the question if he targeted her to pull over and went hands on based on this history.
He is a school resource officer, it's a small town and he probably knows most of the kids. He may know the girl's father because perhaps the father is involved in his daughter's education

Well said.  All the local cops in my town know my kids based on my support of them and my work in the local hospital.   I shoot with the local cops, support the range we both use, and take care of them when they are hurt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Make sure he wasn't wanted.

But more importantly, he was turning over a vehicle to him and allowing him to drive away in it. That should only be done when the vehicle can be legally operated and the person can legally operate it. Now, if he wasn't valid, he could have allowed him to park the car and find someone who is. I was glad to see the cop didn't tow the car which is what he was claiming to do at first.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

Yeah!  I forgot all about that.  What purpose was running Dads DL?

But more importantly, he was turning over a vehicle to him and allowing him to drive away in it. That should only be done when the vehicle can be legally operated and the person can legally operate it. Now, if he wasn't valid, he could have allowed him to park the car and find someone who is. I was glad to see the cop didn't tow the car which is what he was claiming to do at first.

In addition., it makes sense to let the vehicle go to someone who actually owns the vehicle so I don’t find that part too onerous
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Except none of your emotional response is supported by facts.  His comments, however, are supported by facts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
Had to turn it off at 4:40. That lawyer is full of shit. I have no doubt the cop is guilty of excessive force but that doesn't mean the girl is completely free of fucking up as well. Lawyer Up is completely grasping at straws with the "blue line through the police" paint job on the squad car. It's not like that cop painted that car. He's also treading on thin ice by suggesting the cop beats his wife. Yes, I have serious reservations about the cop's actions that day. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe the parents side of things that Lawyer Up keeps promoting either. The parents weren't even there! They got their story from their daughter who, no doubt, crafted a version of reality into story format so that she sounds as innocent as possible.

The truth of what happened is somewhere in the middle. I suspect the girl went out of her way to act like an asshole and the cop obliged in return. Yeah, I think the cop deserves to be fired but I seriously doubt that girl and her family deserve a pay day. If that were my daughter, I'd take her driving privileges away.

We have a professional who believes in civil rights but also dresses up / subjectively comments on YouTube videos to increase interest, dramatize, etc.  
I can live with that.

We have a teenage girl with her window down and DL in hand- who maybe had, objectively a minute or so to get out their DL, etc. which seems to be a quite short time to fail to identify and resist.  I can live with that.

And we have a cop with a pattern of issues and sketchy employment history on routine patrol going full retard on normal people.  We should not have to live with that.

Don’t get me wrong.  Society needs guys like that cop.  Yes.  They are a pain in the ass.  They’re the ones that go to far with their colleagues in school and and want to take a little hazing/piss taking too far, and try to stir up shit when they have a crew or position to back it up, etc.  They are never going to be a good leader or selfless hero in .mil, or a good protector of the community in LE because they want to be brutal to the meek but need to be faceless in a group when it’s time to go brutal vs. brutal.

But..
In a war or in a society of dangerous groups,
They can be effective with the right leadership in a group of similar when unleashed on the appropriate recipients.

No matter what you'd like to pretend, there was no emotion in my response. I merely made a decision to stop listening because I recognized patterns of false arguments. And it's ridiculous to say his comments were supported by fact. He himself came back and said he probably shouldn't have made them. Try to keep up or go to bed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#35]

In addition., it makes sense to let the vehicle go to someone who actually owns the vehicle so I don’t find that part too onerous
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

Yeah!  I forgot all about that.  What purpose was running Dads DL?

He needed to run the ID to find out he was the owner?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

Yes but he is ruffling the feathers of some LEO's and that trumps standard COC rules, or so it seems.  

I am not even amazed that a few are defending this guy.  You are doing a wonderful job of reinforcing people's negative impression of law enforcement.  

Maybe his supporters should question why his previous department suspended him for 10 days and made him take a de-escalation class?  Then question why another department would risk hiring him?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Good point!

It's been made clear several times that TCRL (aka: LawyerUp) is a member here.

Yes but he is ruffling the feathers of some LEO's and that trumps standard COC rules, or so it seems.  

I am not even amazed that a few are defending this guy.  You are doing a wonderful job of reinforcing people's negative impression of law enforcement.  

Maybe his supporters should question why his previous department suspended him for 10 days and made him take a de-escalation class?  Then question why another department would risk hiring him?

“Ruffling feathers” is a COC violation how?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#37]

No he doesn't.  He's handled it perfectly.  The SRO warned him even and this Dad still got that asshole booted.  "I win, you loose".  Why spend anymore time thinking of him?
View All Quotes

No he doesn't.  He's handled it perfectly.  The SRO warned him even and this Dad still got that asshole booted.  "I win, you loose".  Why spend anymore time thinking of him?

Right. He's gone, good riddance. Now what are we going to do about the police chief and city attorney who spent last Saturday circling the wagons around this violent criminal?

The city deleted their Facebook within 40 minutes of the video being posted. Charges dropped and cop fired within less than 24 hours. That may be the fastest I've seen that happen.

And as recently as six days ago, they were proudly standing behind the guy in front of the Channel 21 news crew.
Am I to assume that the cockroaches didn't like the national spotlight?

And, BTW...Public Comment Period should be spicy next week.

The council says anyone with concerns should bring them up at the next town council meeting on Tuesday, April 23, at 6:30 p.m. Brent Augustus says they still plan to meet Tuesday night to bring up the issue with council members.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#38]

I chose my words carefully because words are nuanced. I never used the word liar. Feel free to quote me all day long but there's no need to put words in my mouth. The lawyer absolutely made comments that were forms of informal fallacies. The thin blue line comment was the clearest example. And did he or did he not insinuate that the cop beats his wife? Got any direct evidence for that? What if he's wrong? I call that a deceptive practice. What would you call it?
View All Quotes

That lawyer is a member here, so when you go calling people liars and unprofessional based on your opinion remember that.

Fallacious equal lies.  I literally don't give a flying fuck if you give a flying fuck.  You have stated who you are and what you stand for in your posts here.  LOL.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333874/Screenshot_2024-04-19_12_14_35-3192182.png

Fallacious also equals illogical.
But you're goddamn right I've stated who I am and what I stand for. I'm a guy that can be turned off by deceptive and/or illogical comments designed to invoke emotion. I believe in facts, truth, and often times (but not always)... the law.

Deceptive means lies.

I chose my words carefully because words are nuanced. I never used the word liar. Feel free to quote me all day long but there's no need to put words in my mouth. The lawyer absolutely made comments that were forms of informal fallacies. The thin blue line comment was the clearest example. And did he or did he not insinuate that the cop beats his wife? Got any direct evidence for that? What if he's wrong? I call that a deceptive practice. What would you call it?

Because behavior patterns are behavior patterns.  An asshike who cannot keep his cool and becomes violent at the drop of a hat tends to be violent to their own family as well.  Thus “officer” actually has a history of unnecessary violence and, as such, it is completely reasonable to assume that he is just an irrational violent asshole at home as he is in public. Even more so because most people temper their behavior in public
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#39]

And I didn't say that he said the cop beats his wife. I said he insinuated it, which he clearly did. I don't think even the attorney would deny this fact.
View All Quotes

Fallacious equal lies.  I literally don't give a flying fuck if you give a flying fuck.  You have stated who you are and what you stand for in your posts here.  LOL.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333874/Screenshot_2024-04-19_12_14_35-3192182.png

But you're goddamn right I've stated who I am and what I stand for. I'm a guy that can be turned off by deceptive and/or illogical comments designed to invoke emotion. I believe in facts, truth, and often times (but not always)... the law.

Deceptive means lies.

He didn't say that the cop beats his wife. He also picked his words carefully. He suggested that somebody check on the guy's wife since cops are involved in a lot of domestic violence and the cop is a hot head.

And I didn't say that he said the cop beats his wife. I said he insinuated it, which he clearly did. I don't think even the attorney would deny this fact.

And his insinuation was actually quite correct
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#40]

I never believed in that "your truth/my truth" bullshit. I'm old school. I just believe in the truth.
View All Quotes

LOL, your truth?

I never believed in that "your truth/my truth" bullshit. I'm old school. I just believe in the truth.

No you don’t. That’s laughable
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Protected and served the fuck out of her.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Normal police behavior.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Deceptive means lies.

He didn't say that the cop beats his wife. He also picked his words carefully. He suggested that somebody check on the guy's wife since cops are involved in a lot of domestic violence and the cop is a hot head.

Oh, you know fir a fact he beats his wife? That's amazing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

LOL, your truth?

Prove it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

When he says "I can't just drive my car home?"
I, as the officer, would have said "It's your car? Can I see some ID first?"
I wouldn't have run dad's license for a warrant check without reasonable suspicion that dad had a warrant, I would have just read his license to my BWC and sent him on his way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Well looks like we're fully off track on this one.

Nice work @LawyerUp.  Keep fighting the good fight.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Right. He's gone, good riddance. Now what are we going to do about the police chief and city attorney who spent last Saturday circling the wagons around this violent criminal?

And as recently as six days ago, they were proudly standing behind the guy in front of the Channel 21 news crew.
View Quote

I would say your assumption is right on target. The department and those on the city council had months to do the right thing, as they had all the video and reports and statements available to them. The failure to recognize themselves as the officials who are supposed to be in control of these loose cannons to see the wrong is quite telling. It took LU and the family to put the video/evidence it out for the public to see and judge. The public didn't like what the civil servants were doing in their name.
I still have an issue with the second officer also not doing squat except coaching his colleague to cover bases. I could be wrong and maybe he dropped dime on the officer who clearly has issues. Time will tell.
That the internal investigation was so clearly manipulated speaks volumes for the entire department. The sick fucks were more than willing to fuck over a female 18 year old high school kid.
And this is just one incident caught at the right time by outside cameras.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Thank you for all your efforts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

He will probably end up fondling junk and yelling about removing shoes and belts at the airport.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

And, BTW...Public Comment Period should be spicy next week.

The council says anyone with concerns should bring them up at the next town council meeting on Tuesday, April 23, at 6:30 p.m. Brent Augustus says they still plan to meet Tuesday night to bring up the issue with council members.
View Quote

Police have a great pattern of finding one person to pin all the blame on as a scapegoat to protect the rest of the tribe.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top