BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

I think your comment even weirder.  You got a crush on the OP and jealous?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
I find it really weird that OP always posts videos of LawyerUp.

What's the deal OP, you have a man crush or what?  Please answer this time, I have asked you before why you do this.

I think your comment even weirder.  You got a crush on the OP and jealous?
Well, he was a chief petty officer. They get a berthing area of their own onboard ship.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Lefpeaz:
The town folk in South Whitley are in an uproar about this from everything I read on FB sounds like it could get ugly.
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]

What's the deal OP, you have a man crush or what?  Please answer this time, I have asked you before why you do this.
View Quote
Maybe LU is in his YT subscriptions and he posts here knowing LU is a member?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BBFCM:

I was just looking for the town’s page. Someone posted a video of the same officer at a previous department trying to tackle a driver at a figure 8 race. It was bizzare. Of course, the page is gone.
View Quote

This it???
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:
The officer needs to go tubing in Wisconsin and get more training.
View Quote

Training can't fix being that scared to do a traffic stop on a high school girl.

The next one might well be a deadly force incident which kills some random citizen he crosses paths with. The public shouldn't be in that position.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]

This it???
View All Quotes

I was just looking for the town's page. Someone posted a video of the same officer at a previous department trying to tackle a driver at a figure 8 race. It was bizzare. Of course, the page is gone.

This it???
lol if that's it, Wild Man went after the calmer guy and tried some kind of leg sweep to take him to the ground.  Dude shrugs him off haha.  

The takedown on the 115lb high school girl was somewhat more effective.  He's mommy's big man now!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBFCM] [#7]

This it???
View All Quotes

I was just looking for the town’s page. Someone posted a video of the same officer at a previous department trying to tackle a driver at a figure 8 race. It was bizzare. Of course, the page is gone.

This it???

Yes. Saw someone posted it last page. That’s quite the takedown And for what?!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes. Saw someone posted it last page. That’s quite that takedown And for what?!
View Quote

For authoritay, citizen.  An respeck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#9]
One bad apple….
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Thanks for the link, but the bodycam is altered. There is a buffer prior to recording where it is video only and no sound. The agency can alter the timeframe for the buffer, based upon their desire for programming. I have never seen the system not have a buffer.

ETA- cop lasted less than 3 months at another agency is a HUGE red flag considering he accrued discipline that quick and he just departed. Wonder where he was before that and how long he was at this place.

On another note, dad needs to edit his videos and not have their full name, DOB, and DL info.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack_Of_Some_Trades:

here, the family has posted all the videos, including the full 20 minute video from the security camera

https://www.justiceforvivian.com/videos

Thanks for the link, but the bodycam is altered. There is a buffer prior to recording where it is video only and no sound. The agency can alter the timeframe for the buffer, based upon their desire for programming. I have never seen the system not have a buffer.

ETA- cop lasted less than 3 months at another agency is a HUGE red flag considering he accrued discipline that quick and he just departed. Wonder where he was before that and how long he was at this place.

On another note, dad needs to edit his videos and not have their full name, DOB, and DL info.

You are really having to dig to "not defend" this officer.  

There's uncut video from the dashcam and the gas station but you still are looking for an angle.  And it's even funnier because if you watch the second officer's video you'll notice the audio starts the instant that he hits the button on his cam.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
that backup cop..

knew it was going to be bad.
tried to warn him once in a subtle way, then tried to warn him directly.
View Quote

I wonder if there is more to the family than the retired state trooper grandfather, or was that who #2 was trying to warn #1 about.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope the town has deeper pockets than our young hero.

Walmart future leader
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Town of less than 2,000 people. They probably have 2 or 3 cops total. The fact that the "city council" has publicly said his actions don't warrant dismissal shows what they really value. It's hard AF to get any kind of recruits to be police nowadays even at good departments with good pay, benefits, and upwards mobility. This guy has absolutely no business wearing a badge, and this most certainly won't be his last incident.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
I never used an Axon BC. But I hated our BC that were not activated when the emergency lights came on.

You had to hit a record button half the size of an eraser, that didn't seem to work half the time. Had to look down at it to see if the green light was on. Garbage.

He should probably find a different line of work.

View Quote

I would have sworn in the past some of the cops on this site told me how foolish I was to suggest that body cameras could be activated by input from external systems.  I guess I'll put this in the same category as being told I was paranoid for suggesting that cops would retain license plate data to track people retroactively.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope he gets what's coming to him one day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f] [#17]
Originally Posted By TGE:
lol if that's it, Wild Man went after the calmer guy and tried some kind of leg sweep to take him to the ground.  Dude shrugs him off haha.  

The takedown on the 115lb high school girl was somewhat more effective.  He's mommy's big man now!
View Quote

What a bitch.  He’ll run into a wrestler or someone who trains in BJJ and it won’t go well. Can’t say I’d be sad for this douchebag.

And I love PoliceActivity videos on YT of criminals getting smoked. So I’m not anti police.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tumbler:
Town of less than 2,000 people. They probably have 2 or 3 cops total. The fact that the "city council" has publicly said his actions don't warrant dismissal shows what they really value. It's hard AF to get any kind of recruits to be police nowadays even at good departments with good pay, benefits, and upwards mobility. This guy has absolutely no business wearing a badge, and this most certainly won't be his last incident.
View Quote

And he appears to have gone from a PD in a town of 37k to a town that shouldn't even have its own PD that can't provide the same oversight.  Quite the guy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Wtf is WRONG with these guys?
View Quote

He had to get it on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

And he appears to have gone from a PD in a town of 37k to a town that shouldn't even have its own PD that can't provide the same oversight.  Quite the guy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By tumbler:

The town and its taxpayers need to pay bigly. Perhaps that will provide them the incentive to elect officials that will get their PD squared away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#21]

What’s the deal OP, you have a man crush or what?  Please answer this time, I have asked you before why you do this.
View Quote

Thats what you’re hung up on? Lol

Maybe he likes posting his videos because LawyerUp makes good content exposing tyrant pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]

We were doing really good. Good paying jobs, retirement, and a public that liked the police. George Floyd, BLM, leftists and the GD whiners changed that. People no longer want the job. CHP is offering 110k to start.

So, the hiring pool is slim and they are likely hiring people they never would have before because people don't want the job.
View Quote

Sigh, I remember those days when it was mostly criminals that didn’t like the police.  It’s unfortunate you guys fucked it up with the actual taxpayers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
From a local news site…

In the town’s statement, they say, “In response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Town Council has reviewed the surrounding circumstances, including unabridged video footage from four cameras.
“The council recognizes that officer Brian Schimmel’s interaction with the accused on January 24, 2024, was flawed but not worthy of dismissal. Concerns with the encounter include allowing the accused to have an unmonitored conversation with her father at the scene, which, like other elements of the incident, was not included in the footage released online. The force involved appears consistent with police academy training.
“Since the incident occurred more than two months ago, the marshal has already addressed areas of concern with the officer. The Town Council concurs with both the marshal’s corrective efforts and his decision to retain the officer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

This it???

Yes that’s the bullshit that got him booted from the Monrovia IN Police Dept.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

They are tiny dicked assholes that got picked on when younger or got out of the military and didn't get to kill anyone so they are angry washed up boots with a god complex.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#26]
But don't worry guys, if there is any govt overreach, these guys will all be on 'our' side. Right ?

/sarc
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lefpeaz:

Yes that’s the bullshit that got him booted from the Monrovia IN Police Dept.
View Quote

A bankrupt gypsy cop. What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Seriously.

I understand it’s a very stressful job. And I understand that you have to deal with a lot of shitbirds. And I understand that there’s a lot of acab going around.

But what could possibly be going through someone’s head that they feel the need to ddt a little girl?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By thirsty:
It’s weird his BWC doesn’t activate until he’s hooking her up. The way he explains it to the other responding officer leads me to believe he didn’t activate it intentionally or because he was so amped up he simply forgot to activate it.

Also looked to me she hit the window switch and it didn’t fully lower the window so she had to hit it again. If TCRL is correct that she was digging for her ID, she may not have realized the window wasn’t retracting. My car does the same thing- sometimes it takes two presses of the switch to lower the window automatically, with the first press only lowering it slightly. Obviously though it was a delaying tactic and incredibly offensive to SuperCop.
View Quote

Possibly. No matter what, she had it lowered fully within 10 seconds of officer dipshit contacting her at her driver side door, according to the gas station security video posted on the dad’s website.  

That’s definitely a reasonable amount of time to have your window lowered by any standard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I want to detract my previous post. I feel foolish for falling for this stupid shit. A 25 minute video of a 30 second incident and a stupid clickbait title that is nowhere near a representation of what happened in the video.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

OP’s just doings the Lord’s work and exposing these cockroaches to the light.  Sorry your brothers in blue can’t seem to police their own, it would be really nice if they would.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

OP’s just doings the Lord’s work and exposing these cockroaches to the light.  Sorry your brothers in blue can’t seem to police their own, it would be really nice if they would.
View All Quotes

I think his new generated thumbnails are hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Without cops around, who would be there to try blaming the victim when a texting driver hits a stopped cyclist?

Cop Hits Cyclist While Texting
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Guy doesn’t belong anywhere near any position of authority.

Mind boggling you can be that hopped up after an encounter with an 18yo female where she was calm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I zoomed in on the gas station video.  He bends down and says his first words to her at 38 seconds.  Her window is all the way down at 45 seconds.  He has opened her door at 54 seconds.  That’s a total of 16 seconds.  

His argument that she wouldn’t roll down the window to talk to him is obviously a lie.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By LE6920:
Guy doesn’t belong anywhere near any position of authority.

Mind boggling you can be that hopped up after an encounter with an 18yo female where she was calm.
View Quote

What’s funny is that he got worked up over something he told the dad that she could do.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By morglan:
Hundreds of isolated incidents.  Each year.
View Quote

Assuming 999 "isolated incidents."

Out of the average of 50,000,000 million contacts per year, that puts it at .0019%.

But carry on with your agenda.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#39]
That dude is a giant faggit
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Ignoring the main issue, too bad the guy in the red SUV just trying to leave wasn't a dick and sent the cop over the edge. How the cop treated that guy pissed me off more than anything, because that girls family is already getting paid
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Decades of getting away with it and getting at most a slap on the wrist. Until they're actually sent to jail for this kind of behavior it will continue. Until they lose their ability to work in law enforcement, it will continue. Until the supposedly still existing good cops stand up and actually start insisting on decent behavior, it will continue. And while it continues, public faith and trust in law enforcement will continue to decline even further, which will result in more and more people not cooperating with routine matters because the police are viewed as little more than thugs with badges.

I'd love to still be able to say and feel that it's a few bad apples, but when the number of youtube channels covering this rivals make up tutorials and video game channels, and they can come up with fresh videos constantly... Yeah, it's not rare, it's not just a few bad apples, and all the other apples are no longer innocent because they swore an oath and are failing to follow it simply because the criminal wears the same uniform.

I absolutely get that it's a tough job, and that when you deal with criminals and scum bags day in and day out you start to feel like everyone fits that mold, but at the end of the day I don't care what their excuse is anymore. Figure it out, whether it's rotating assignments more often, better therapy on an constant basis, better psych profiling and repeating it annually... Whatever. But we need law enforcement that isn't effectively undermining their own role in society. They have a critical role and the current trend is not sustainable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

Out of the average of 50,000,000 million contacts per year, that puts it at .0019%.

View Quote
With those numbers it seems like it would be easy for them to police their own.  Maybe if a dude is a piece of shit, they should handle it, even if it's ski masks and ball bats instead of just defending him. They might gain some respect then.   In other industries people don't defend the shitbags that make everyone look bad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

Sigh, I remember those days when it was mostly criminals that didn’t like the police.  It’s unfortunate you guys fucked it up with the actual taxpayers.
View Quote

Remind me again - who was it that forced churches not to have services, even in the parking lot, but allowed the BLM protests to go on in the same town?  Who was it that had to wait on the beach to arrest that guy when he came out of the water because he wasn't "social distancing" - out there in the water by himself?

'twas the police, was it not?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
With those numbers it seems like it would be easy for them to police their own.  Maybe if a dude is a piece of shit, they should handle it, even if it's ski masks and ball bats instead of just defending him. They might gain some respect then.   In other industries people don't defend the shitbags that make everyone look bad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fordtuff:

So your answer is for cops to be violent scumbags against what they determine to be "pieces of shit."

But you surely don't want cops being violent scumbags against what they determine to be criminals, right?

I don't see where I defended the cop in the video, though I wouldn't describe what he did as SLAMMING the girl. He pulled her out of the car using an arm bar.

In my opinion, he was a very quick to drag a 100lb girl out of a car. But yeah, his coworkers should beat the shit out of him for doing something he's legally permitted to do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JustAnother10-32:

Thats what you’re hung up on? Lol

Maybe he likes posting his videos because LawyerUp makes good content exposing tyrant pieces of shit.
View Quote

The PD should have veto power over posting of vids detrimental to their reputation.  It should be a law.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#46]

OP's just doings the Lord's work and exposing these cockroaches to the light.  Sorry your brothers in blue can't seem to police their own, it would be really nice if they would.
View All Quotes

OP's just doings the Lord's work and exposing these cockroaches to the light.  Sorry your brothers in blue can't seem to police their own, it would be really nice if they would.
I agree.

I think you misunderstood my post somehow
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:35:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f] [#47]

View Quote

This sounds a lot like the democrats claim of “no evidence of widespread voter fraud in 2020 election.”  Oh, it’s not widespread?  I guess some voter fraud is OK then. No. There should be no voter fraud and no cops slamming harmless 18 year old girls on the ground. If you’re scared of an 18 year old girl who is not threatening you in any way, you shouldn’t be a cop.  Mistakes happen in every profession. I get it. This wasn’t a mistake.  This was one of those “extremely rare bad apples.”
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Rick-OShay:

Remind me again - who was it that forced churches not to have services, even in the parking lot, but allowed the BLM protests to go on in the same town?  Who was it that had to wait on the beach to arrest that guy when he came out of the water because he wasn't "social distancing" - out there in the water by himself?

'twas the police, was it not?
View Quote

"We were just following orders."
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By bjkb1f:

This sounds a lot like the democrats claim of “no evidence of widespread voter fraud in 2020 election.”  Oh, it’s not widespread?  I guess some voter fraud is OK then. No. There should be no voter fraud and no cops slamming harmless 18 year old girls on the ground. If you’re scared of an 18 year old girl who is not threatening you in any way, you shouldn’t be a cop.  Mistakes happen in every profession. I get it. This wasn’t a mistake.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjkb1f:

This sounds a lot like the democrats claim of “no evidence of widespread voter fraud in 2020 election.”  Oh, it’s not widespread?  I guess some voter fraud is OK then. No. There should be no voter fraud and no cops slamming harmless 18 year old girls on the ground. If you’re scared of an 18 year old girl who is not threatening you in any way, you shouldn’t be a cop.  Mistakes happen in every profession. I get it. This wasn’t a mistake.

Do you have a proposal to make every cop in the country 100% right all of the time? I'm listening.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By morglan:
Hundreds of isolated incidents.  Each year.

Fifty million million. Is that like a trillion? That's a lot of stops.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top