BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tumbler:
Town of less than 2,000 people. They probably have 2 or 3 cops total. The fact that the "city council" has publicly said his actions don't warrant dismissal shows what they really value. It's hard AF to get any kind of recruits to be police nowadays even at good departments with good pay, benefits, and upwards mobility. This guy has absolutely no business wearing a badge, and this most certainly won't be his last incident.
View Quote
Time to fuck that pd so hard they become new owners of the town hall
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creatyre] [#2]
Originally Posted By KOOLKEV:

Fifty million million. Is that like a trillion? That's a lot of stops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Creatyre:
Originally Posted By morglan:
Hundreds of isolated incidents.  Each year.

Assuming 999 "isolated incidents."

Out of the average of 50,000,000 million contacts per year, that puts it at .0019%.

But carry on with your agenda.

Touche

ETA I'm no mathlete, but I think it's 50 trillion (trillion)?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Do you have a proposal to make every cop in the country 100% right all of the time? I'm listening.
View Quote

No. Like I said, mistakes happen. This was not a mistake.  

I’m a financial advisor for a living. This is the equivalent of me purposefully defrauding a client, which I would never do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creatyre] [#4]
Originally Posted By bjkb1f:

I’m a financial advisor for a living. This is the equivalent of me purposefully defrauding a client, which I would never do.
View All Quotes

Do you have a proposal to make every cop in the country 100% right all of the time? I'm listening.

The mistake is having a guy this wound up in the position that he is in. If you have the perfect hiring process to weed guys like him out, I'm all ears.

ETA And are we pretending that there are no financial advisors defrauding people?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]

So your answer is for cops to be violent scumbags against what they determine to be "pieces of shit."

But you surely don't want cops being violent scumbags against what they determine to be criminals, right?

I don't see where I defended the cop in the video, though I wouldn't describe what he did as SLAMMING the girl. He pulled her out of the car using an arm bar.

In my opinion, he was a very quick to drag a 100lb girl out of a car. But yeah, his coworkers should beat the shit out of him for doing something he's legally permitted to do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fordtuff:

Out of the average of 50,000,000 million contacts per year, that puts it at .0019%.

With those numbers it seems like it would be easy for them to police their own.  Maybe if a dude is a piece of shit, they should handle it, even if it's ski masks and ball bats instead of just defending him. They might gain some respect then.   In other industries people don't defend the shitbags that make everyone look bad.

So your answer is for cops to be violent scumbags against what they determine to be "pieces of shit."

But you surely don't want cops being violent scumbags against what they determine to be criminals, right?

I don't see where I defended the cop in the video, though I wouldn't describe what he did as SLAMMING the girl. He pulled her out of the car using an arm bar.

In my opinion, he was a very quick to drag a 100lb girl out of a car. But yeah, his coworkers should beat the shit out of him for doing something he's legally permitted to do.

Maybe it is legal. Why the hell would he do it? He couldn't stand there for a few more minutes and let her settle down a little bit? My god, how can you possibly condone this kind of behavior?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
Police are societies force arm.  

As a father, I would not allow that to go unanswered.  He and I would meet.
View Quote

Not trying to be an internet badass but I don't know if there are are enough therapists in the world to affect another outcome other than "to meet".
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Maybe it is legal. Why the hell would he do it? He couldn't stand there for a few more minutes and let her settle down a little bit? My god, how can you possibly condone this kind of behavior?
View All Quotes

With those numbers it seems like it would be easy for them to police their own.  Maybe if a dude is a piece of shit, they should handle it, even if it's ski masks and ball bats instead of just defending him. They might gain some respect then.   In other industries people don't defend the shitbags that make everyone look bad.

Can you quote where I condoned his behavior?  In the post you quoted, I did the opposite.

Take a breath.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Without cops around, who would be there to try blaming the victim when a texting driver hits a stopped cyclist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZT4I2oafSs
View Quote

I give that cop props. He fucked up, admitted to it and didn't lie. He probably did he best to make the cyclists injuries seem minor, but if your not the guy in pain, hard to judge from visuals
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Touche

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By morglan:
Hundreds of isolated incidents.  Each year.

Touche

You might be right. My mind doesn't do math.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]

The mistake is having a guy this wound up in the position that he is in. If you have the perfect hiring process to weed guys like him out, I'm all ears.

ETA And are we pretending that there are no financial advisors defrauding people?
View Quote

what a foolish statement.
He was given the benefit of the doubt, until he proved, without a shadow of a doubt he got zero credibilty. He would be lucky not to serve time for this
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

He was given the benefit of the doubt, until he proved, without a shadow of a doubt he got zero credibilty. He would be lucky not to serve time for this
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

I'm going to need you to clarify your point, because it doesn't make sense based on what you replied to.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#12]
This guy is not cut out for police work. Maybe he should check out prison guard jobs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:50:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaniB] [#13]
Originally Posted By stangwagon:

They’re cops, that’s what’s wrong with them
View Quote

Let me guess; You've been to jail? Of course you have. Can tell by your attitude its been more than once too. lol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
If I were her, I'd be screaming "he's trying to rape me'. Because that "officer" is just that far away from being ready to do that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

There are definitely financial advisors who defraud people.  However if I lie on video, bad things are going to happen to me career wise.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Can you quote where I condoned his behavior?  In the post you quoted, I did the opposite.

Take a breath.
View All Quotes

Take a breath.

My mistake, perhaps I misread your post. But, whatever you call the technique that was used on that girl, it was totally unnecessary, and quite possibly malicious. Dudes unstable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]

There are definitely financial advisors who defraud people.  However if I lie on video, bad things are going to happen to me career wise.
View All Quotes

If a police officer is determined to have lied on video, bad things will happen to them too. Career ending bad things. Brady cop things.

Please don't misunderstand my position here. The cop in the OP shouldn't be a police officer. But I'm not subscribing to the GD idea that 99% of cops are running around doing the wrong thing based on a couple of lawyerup videos.

There are hundreds of thousands of police officers in this country and the vast majority of them are out there doing the right thing. You will never be able to prevent bad actors from infiltrating. Humans are terrible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]

My mistake, perhaps I misread your post. But, whatever you call the technique that was used on that girl, it was totally unnecessary, and quite possibly malicious. Dudes unstable.
View All Quotes

Take a breath.

I can accept your position, I've said as much in earlier posts.

My original point was that hundreds of "isolated incidents" is not a general reflection of law enforcement, as much as the anti authority nature of GD wants it to be.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Ya, he shouldn't be a cop. He never should have been one, has serious personal issues that are now showing he shouldn't be a cop, or he was in a shooting and the PTSD has made him where he shouldn't be a cop any longer.
View Quote

Everytime I have been shot at didn’t make me want to commit felonies, YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Major props to the female for not crying, going spastic, and keeping her cool. Make the arresting LEO look even worse.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By VaniB:

Let me guess; You've been to jail? Of course you have. Can tell by your attitude its been more than once too. lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaniB:
Originally Posted By stangwagon:

They’re cops, that’s what’s wrong with them

Let me guess; You've abused your position to the detriment of others? Of course you Have. Can tell by your attitude it's been more that once too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:59:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#22]

If a police officer is determined to have lied on video, bad things will happen to them too. Career ending bad things. Brady cop things.

Please don't misunderstand my position here. The cop in the OP shouldn't be a police officer. But I'm not subscribing to the GD idea that 99% of cops are running around doing the wrong thing based on a couple of lawyerup videos.

There are hundreds of thousands of police officers in this country and the vast majority of them are out there doing the right thing. You will never be able to prevent bad actors from infiltrating. Humans are terrible.
View Quote

I disagree with your math, and I have a mathematical proof of my position.

The LE Bell Curve predicts that approx. 20% of cops are angels doing the Lord's work, 20% are shitheels and possibly criminals, and 60% are mediocre - not horrible but not great either.

This means that in a random encounter, you will get a shitheel or a mediocre cop about 80% of the time.  How do you like those odds?  If you were in Vegas, how would you bet?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
Major props to the female for not crying, going spastic, and keeping her cool. Make the arresting LEO look even worse.
View Quote

I was actually very surprised by her reaction.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:

The LE Bell Curve predicts that approx. 20% of cops are angels doing the Lord's work, 20% are shitheels and possibly criminals, and 60% are mediocre - not horrible but not great either.

This means that in a random encounter, you will get a shitheel or a mediocre cop 80% of the time.  How do you like those odds?  If you were in Vegas, how would you bet?
View All Quotes

This means that in a random encounter, you will get a shitheel or a mediocre cop 80% of the time.  How do you like those odds?  If you were in Vegas, how would you bet?

How many police officers have you encountered in the last 5 years?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Logic fail.  You can't extrapolate a general trend to any particular individual.  It doesn't work like that.

I actively avoid encounters with LE, for the reason I stated.  I don't like the odds.

Now, ask me about my winning/losing in Vegas.  Same answer - nugatory.  I don't gamble in Vegas.  But LOTS of people do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#26]

My original point was that hundreds of "isolated incidents" is not a general reflection of law enforcement, as much as the anti authority nature of GD wants it to be.
View All Quotes

Take a breath.

You're right, of course. I couldn't give you an absolute percentage of decent cops, but it's probably better than half at the very least. It's that the bad examples are so, well, bad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#27]
We have two problems with law enforcement:

A police brutality problem, and a passivity problem. I'm fine with police officers getting down and dirty with perps. I think it should be done more often... with actual criminals.

Eric Garner was killed by police officers because he was "selling cigarettes without a tax stamp"? This is all the difference in the world with Michael Brown, who bum-rushed an officer after he committed a robbery.

Unfortunately, these bully officers that assault 18 year old girls are the same ones who are too cowardly to actually tangle it up with the bad guys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#28]

You're right, of course. I couldn't give you an absolute percentage of decent cops, but it's probably better than half at the very least. It's that the bad examples are so, well, bad.
View Quote

Maybe, but for this to be true, the average LEO must be a MUUUUUCH better human being than the average Joe Sixpack.  There is no evidence for this.  IMO LE is a pretty representative cross-section of the overall population.  Maybe a little bit better, but not much.

Do you have evidence otherwise?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Logic fail.  You can't extrapolate a general trend to any particular individual.  It doesn't work like that.

I actively avoid encounters with LE, for the reason I stated.  I don't like the odds.

Now, ask me about my winning/losing in Vegas.  Same answer - nugatory.  I don't gamble in Vegas.  But LOTS of people do.
View All Quotes

I don't know many that seek out encounters with the police. That would be strange behavior.

As far as your odds, what does your version of a mediocre cop look like? Surely not like the one in the OP?

I'm not sure your concern is validated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#30]

I don't know many that seek out encounters with the police. That would be strange behavior.

As far as your odds, what does your version of a mediocre cop look like? Surely not like the one in the OP?

View Quote

No, the one in the OP is not average.  He's below average.  I didn't say otherwise.

OTOH, the average cop will arrest churchgoers for gathering to celebrate during covid.  The average cop will arrest some lone dude on the beach for not wearing a mask.  The average cop will bang down a door at the wrong address.  Shall I continue, or do you get my point?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
He gets off on bullying little girls. She didn't dance to his tune quick enough so he had to get it on.
I will never understand how they get off on power tripping on people.
View Quote

There are some people, like the LEO in the video-
Who wake up looking for trouble.

Not.. like trouble where there might be loss or consequences…
But the kind of trouble where they get to win and be the bad ass and be a big shot.

He would not, for example, be going full bore on a crapped out Charger with dark tint, flaking clear coat, a spare that looks to have been serving as a main tire for a prolonged period of time, and a paper temp plate with 3 or 4 MAMs with dreads-
Because he would be a scared shitless little bitch.  Another couple of patrol cars, etc. and he would join in sure.
But not solo like he did on that girl.

I wish the guy pulling out getting yelled at to get away from his scene had video of his initial Camera “not working” phase.
Had put it in park, said I have exactly what went down on video in full detail, and I’ll calmly sit here until your chief shows up to make it his scene.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#32]

No, the one in the OP is not average.  He's below average.  I didn't say otherwise.

OTOH, the average cop will arrest churchgoers for gathering to celebrate during covid.  The average cop will arrest some lone dude on the beach for not wearing a mask.  The average cop will bang down a door at the wrong address.  Shall I continue, or do you get my point?
View All Quotes

None of what you just described includes the average officer. In fact, I don't know a single one that has done any of what you describe. You have an extreme bias that's on display in this forum every day, maybe from watching too much YouTube.

I understand I won't change your mind. Carry on worrying about the boogeyman.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#33]

None of what you just described includes the average officer. In fact, I don't know a single one that has done any of what you describe. You have an extreme bias that's on display in this forum every day, maybe from watching too much YouTube.

I understand I won't change your mind. Carry on worrying about the boogeyman.
View Quote

So, they are all just "isolated incidences"?  The fact that you don't know them is irrelevant.

Were any of my examples fictional, or did they really happen?  Were they all bad cops?  If yes, then my assertion that the Bell Curve represents a cross-section of Americans has been validated.  There are some bad mofos in uniform, and not in a good way.

Some boogeymen do, indeed, wear uniforms.  That's what makes them so dangerous to the thin fabric of society.  I expect criminals to criminal.  Not only do I expect it, it would be surprising if they didn't.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

But when the 'good cops' stand around while 'bad cops' do bad things, the 'good cops' become 'bad cops'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Maybe, but for this to be true, the average LEO must be a MUUUUUCH better human being than the average Joe Sixpack.  There is no evidence for this.  IMO LE is a pretty representative cross-section of the overall population.  Maybe a little bit better, but not much.

View All Quotes

The only proof I have is empirical, my own personal experience and encounters with cops. Perhaps 50% is being generous. Fortunately I haven't had an encounter in recent times. Back in the day I always had relatively decent encounters with law enforcement. I was a bit of a hooligan in my youth, and I was actually given quite a few breaks by the officers I encountered during my many "adventures".
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Rick-OShay:

Remind me again - who was it that forced churches not to have services, even in the parking lot, but allowed the BLM protests to go on in the same town?  Who was it that had to wait on the beach to arrest that guy when he came out of the water because he wasn't "social distancing" - out there in the water by himself?

'twas the police, was it not?
View Quote
Don't forget about the mother taking her kids to an empty park
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#37]

The only proof I have is empirical, my own personal experience and encounters with cops. Perhaps 50% is being generous. Fortunately I haven't had an encounter in recent times. Back in the day I always had relatively decent encounters with law enforcement. I was a bit of a hooligan in my youth, and I was actually given quite a few breaks by the officers I encountered during my many "adventures".
View Quote

My encounters are few, also.  Like I said, I actively avoid them.  I try to blend in.  If I had to guess, of those few, 20% were good, 60% were meh, and 20% were bad.  And guess what?  It mirrors the Bell Curve!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

But when the 'good cops' stand around while 'bad cops' do bad things, the 'good cops' become 'bad cops'.
View Quote

This is one of my biggest gripes about LE.  The good cops know who the bad cops are.  Who would be better positioned to know this?  But, in a misplaced faith in the brotherhood of the blue, they don't rat them out often enough.

How do I know this?  Because bad cops go from place to place, year after year, and find jobs in LE.  A 20-year LEO who's bad didn't start being bad at year 20.

How many criminals commit their first crimes more than once?  The answer is zero.  How many bad cops commit their first bad behavior more than once?  The answer is zero.  And yet nobody seems to notice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By UV18:
I like the editing of the video removing over 30 seconds. What did we miss in that time frame?

Not defending this guy, but I like to see all the video and not someone's highlights.
View Quote
I notice that her window got all the way down in that time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh, he made a life long fan of the TBL that night.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#42]
If I was her father I would sue the ever loving shit out of the that cop.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

The fact that there is a Brady list with active officers on it seems to undermine how career ending it can be.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#44]
All the cop haters on here made me want to defend this guy but I don’t see how after watching. He’s a menace that needs to be dealt with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#45]
The isolated incident rationalizers seem to forget, or purposely ignore, the full risk matrix on these encounters. Although the likelihood of encountering a bad cop is relatively low (but not as low as they would like you to believe) the consequences can be catastrophic. Let’s explore:

Likelihood:
We are told that “bad cops” are few. That may be true in the case of the physically and/or psychologically dangerous ones, the ones that usually get to star in their own coming out videos, but what about the ones that are bad in less physical ways; the ones that fake reasonable suspicion and probable cause or get creative in their reports or massage their court testimony a little? We generally don’t get to see them. There is absolutely no way to prove or disprove it but I would guess that the vast majority of cops have strayed into the latter examples from time to time. They probably even justify it to themselves and each other, after all it is learned behavior.

Consequences:
In this incident, the best outcome the police can expect is that they have now created a whole new group of people that actively distrust cops. This young lady’s family and small circle of friends now have a hands-on experience that will drive their future interactions with police. Most of the popular videos show us much more serious consequences. The ones where people’s lives are altered in monumental ways. Image how big that circle of distrust would have been if she had been seriously injured or killed. When you all decided that "officer safety" overrode my safety we became adversaries because I'm not going to die because you can't handle your job. (Remember the woman in the cop car on the train track or the guy in the cop car with the killer acorn or the woman in her own living room responding to someone pounding on her door at 2 AM; all almost died for officer safety)

So, to all the “good cops” out there I will conclude with:
Quit letting your own guilt drive you to justify this kind of behavior. You know it is happening, do something about it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:
Hope the town has deeper pockets than our young hero.

Walmart future leader
View Quote
So the turd filled bankruptcy as well?

What a winner
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Dude is way too much of a spaz for police work, wonder if that place even has a psych eval.

Good thing it was mostly on camera and dispersed.  He'll likely get shitcanned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:05:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#48]
Originally Posted By Peacemaker452:

(Snip)…..

Likelihood:
We are told that “bad cops” are few. That may be true in the case of the physically and/or psychologically dangerous ones, the ones that usually get to star in their own coming out videos, but what about the ones that are bad in less physical ways; the ones that fake reasonable suspicion and probable cause or get creative in their reports or massage their court testimony a little? We generally don’t get to see them. There is absolutely no way to prove or disprove it but I would guess that the vast majority of cops have strayed into the latter examples from time to time. They probably even justify it to themselves and each other, after all it is learned behavior.

(/snip)….
View Quote

Or the lazy.

Back when I was a flunkie intern with the Illinois State Police 20 years ago, I might have punched 3, 4, or maybe 5 murders into ViCAP.

There were two girls there the semester before.  I think they punched in 300 cases (mainly murders….I suppose) into ViCAP.

That they had to punch in 300 back logged cases in one semester should tell you something.

That it was pawned off onto UNpaid interns should tell you something else too,

Now granted this was near East St. Louis, and I am sure at that time there were plenty of crack hoes just disappearing. (East St. Louis did have an issue with feral dogs just trotting down the the street with human femurs in their mouths.  Yes.  Seriously.  The body dumping was that bad in the E.St.L)

But on one of my last days as an intern there, I called Springfield.  It was probably just some IT guy or some intell weenine.  It probably wasn’t somebody sworn.  Probably.  He said, “Oh, yeah, that computer’s version of ViCAP is not web based.  We’ll have to come down there some time to get that hard drive.  Then we will have to upload it all to the FBI’s server/database."

I mean they were probably all just crack hoes, right?  There might have been 300 mothers out there wondering about their son or daughter who went missing.

@Lou_Daks

About the whole bell curve thing…

When I was middle management in the Air Force, it was called the “90/10” rule.  And there were two versions of it:

A.  10% of your subordinates end up doing 90% of the work

B.  10% of your subordinates will be shitbirds/troublemakers and they will eat up 90% of your time.

Getting back more on topic…

I know that the 18 year old girl Vivian probably wasn’t all that on top of things, but pulling into a gas station that has all sorts of security cameras was lucky/coincidental on her part.

If I had a teenage daughter, from now on, that’s where I would tell her to pull over at.

EDIT:  the only thing she should have done different was to ask for medical and get taken to the ER, especially if she had any abrasions or cuts to her face or head.  At least then, everything would be medically documented.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:33:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:

Or the lazy.

Back when I was a flunkie intern with the Illinois State Police 20 years ago, I might have punched 3, 4, or maybe 5 murders into ViCAP.

There were two girls there the semester before.  I think they punched in 300 cases (mainly murders….I suppose) into ViCAP.

That they had to punch in 300 back logged cases in one semester should tell you something.

That it was pawned off onto UNpaid interns should tell you something else too,

Now granted this was near East St. Louis, and I am sure at that time there were plenty of crack hoes just disappearing. (East St. Louis did have an issue with feral dogs just trotting down the the street with human femurs in their mouths.  Yes.  Seriously.  The body dumping was that bad in the E.St.L)

But on one of my last days as an intern there, I called Springfield.  It was probably just some IT guy or some intell weenine.  It probably wasn’t somebody sworn.  Probably.  He said, “Oh, yeah, that computer’s version of ViCAP is not web based.  We’ll have to come down there some time to get that hard drive.  Then we will have to upload it all to the FBI’s server/database."

I mean they were probably all just crack hoes, right?  There might have been 300 mothers out there wondering about their son or daughter who went missing.

@Lou_Daks

About the whole bell curve thing…

When I was middle management in the Air Force, it was called the “90/10” rule.  And there were two versions of it:

A.  10% of your subordinates end up doing 90% of the work

B.  10% of your subordinates will be shitbirds/troublemakers and they will eat up 90% of your time.

Getting back more on topic…

I know that the 18 year old girl Vivian probably wasn’t all that on top of things, but pulling into a gas station that has all sorts of security cameras was lucky/coincidental on her part.

If I had a teenage daughter, from now on, that’s where I would tell her to pull over at.

EDIT:  the only thing she should have done different was to ask for medical and get taken to the ER, especially if she had any abrasions or cuts to her face or head.  At least then, everything would be medically documented.
View Quote

A driver, even a female, taking a few extra minutes looking for what she feels is a safe place to pull over, has led to some extremely angry police officers. Being pitted, isn't unheard of.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#50]

A driver, even a female, taking a few extra minutes looking for what she feels is a safe place to pull over, has led to some extremely angry police officers. Being pitted, isn't unheard of.
View Quote

If I had a teenage daughter, of course, I would give her the caveat “if you’re out on the interstate, don’t extend the “pursuit”.  Pull over when and where it is safe to do so which should be pretty much immediately.  If you happen to be in town, and there is a gas station or bank close by, pull in there.”

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top