[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 58Eldorado:
ME AND MY WIFE MAKE 4 TIMES THAT AMOUNT
View Quote

That's an odd comment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The biggest problem I have with clickbait like this, and indeed the meme of "I can't afford the American dream" is that there is a gross bastardization of what the American dream is now.  

It was, almost 100 years ago to be able to afford a home.  Then it evolved into housing was a given, and now you're expecting a white collar middle management position making 60k.  Blue collar work became passe, and then as dual income households became the norm, it increasingly became a major requirement for "good schools" to be a requirement as well as part of the American dream for those families.  As the quality suburbs became congested,  now it also becomes a part of the American dream to have a short commute or remote position.  Then the next desire is to have all of this in a large metropolitan city.

The problem is that scarcity in a system is a real thing. And it creates price pressure to achieve the desirable quality of life.   High achievers can have all of these things, because they have earned what is required to secure the scarcest resource.   You can not magic these things into existence.  Someone, as a once in a lifetime leader, is going to have to be the adult in the room to tell youth that your coddling has not prepared you for having everything.

The constant demands from quasi-marxists to have all the things because of their idiocy to understand these simple supply and demand concepts is frustrating.   It's not bootstraps.   It's if you want cheap house, you can have it.  They exist.   You will have to leave your comfort zone to do it.  I've done it before.  I know how tough it can be.   You can have things but you have to leave your echo chamber and sacrifice to start somewhere.   If you are a single adult, there is no reason you cannot have a home.  Your job may not be the most glamorous,  but you can achieve a better life for yourself if you want it.  We have lost that mobility risk taking that we had as a people just a hundred and fifty years ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#4]
Originally Posted By imq707s:
$100K??   If you don't live in a big city, and make good decisions with your money.......$100K will get you a great life.

The problem is, most people blow their money on stupid stuff.  Buying a monster house in a fancy neighborhood, having a 60" TV in every room, eating out all the time, dumping hundreds at the bar every week, buying $60K+ vehicles and other toys, every device/streaming subscription you could think of, racking up huge CC debt and not paying it off, etc, etc........and they end up living check to check just to keep up with their debt payments.

It's all about priorities. If you want to make everyone think you are rich on $100K....you will go broke. If you live within in your means, $100K will get you a great life.
View Quote

Let's play a game.

Okay, congrats, you make 100k and you live in the Midwest, let's say your job is in Kansas City (I literally picked a random city). 100k after taxes and health insurance is about 6k/month. Let's assume a family of four. After retirement that leaves you 5100/month. I'm assuming you don't tithe, but unless you are a heathen that really leaves you $4,500/mo.

Please show me what house, which two vehicles you own. Then we can see how much is left for discretion. Remember you said a great life.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By imq707s:
$100K??   If you don't live in a big city, and make good decisions with your money.......$100K will get you a great life.

The problem is, most people blow their money on stupid stuff.  Buying a monster house in a fancy neighborhood, having a 60" TV in every room, eating out all the time, dumping hundreds at the bar every week, buying $60K+ vehicles and other toys, every device/streaming subscription you could think of, racking up huge CC debt and not paying it off, etc, etc........and they end up living check to check just to keep up with their debt payments.

It's all about priorities. If you want to make everyone think you are rich on $100K....you will go broke. If you live within in your means, $100K will get you a great life.
View Quote

*depending where you live.

Live simply in a low COL area and 100k works. My definition of "works" involves cooking from scratch, spending wisely, paying yourself first/investing, not impulse purchasing, fixing things myself, cheap and minimal vacations, and spending time rather than money. To many, not having a new phone, car, shoes, house, boat, side by side, yearly luxury vacations, etc. is unthinkable. Needless to say, 100k won't work to maintain that lifestyle.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#6]
$100k for me in OKC would be life altering. I wouldnt have to worry about anything
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
$100k for me in OKC would be life altering. I wouldnt have to worry about anything
View Quote

lol

It sounds like a lot until you make 100k and you're like shit this isn't anything!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Let's play a game.

Okay, congrats, you make 100k and you live in the Midwest, let's say your job is in Kansas City (I literally picked a random city). 100k after taxes and health insurance is about 6k/month. Let's assume a family of four. After retirement that leaves you 5100/month. I'm assuming you don't tithe, but unless you are a heathen that really leaves you $4,500/mo.

Please show me what house, which two vehicles you own. Then we can see how much is left for discretion. Remember you said a great life.

View Quote

Why 2 cars? A decent 10 year old sedan should suffice
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Let's play a game.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]

lol

It sounds like a lot until you make 100k and you're like shit this isn't anything!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

lol

Yep.  Your happiness and relief from stress doesn't scale with money like some people think it does.  

Not that I'd ever turn down more money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

Why 2 cars? A decent 10 year old sedan should suffice
View Quote

Because you're married with two kids.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

And? My parents were married with 4 kids.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Yep

And get a party line and antenna to save on costs
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:00:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#14]

Lol so you're idea of a great life is a clapped out 1 bath house that literally has shit falling off it in the realtor pictures and you have to live an hour from work just to afford that?

Well you're going to need newer cars that are clapped out because driving 520 miles a week for work alone isn't going to give me much confidence your car will last.

Also doesn't leave much time for family since you're going to be gone so much.

Yeah. Sounds like a great life. A piece of shit run down house, one beater car your family of four has to share, and you need to live an hour from work to make ends meet.

Sweet American Dream, bro.

I guess your definition of a "great life" must be a smidge different.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:

Yep

And get a party line and antenna to save on costs
View Quote

My grandparents had a party line. We had our own phone number with a phone in the kitchen
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Lol so you're idea of a great life is a clapped out 1 bath house that literally has shit falling off it in the realtor pictures and you have to live an hour from work just to afford that?

Well you're going to need newer cars that are clapped out because driving 520 miles a week for work alone isn't going to give me much confidence your car will last.

Yeah. Sounds like a great life. A piece of shit run down house, one beater car your family of four has to share, and you need to live an hour from work to make ends meet.

View Quote

That was the dream of the people you so envy that you stay up at night seething.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fssf158:

The goalposts have moved.  Houses have gotten bigger even as family sizes have gone down.  I will acknowledge that the house size situation affects even those who don't want to play by the new rules because nobody is building the smaller homes of yesteryear.  Cars last much longer than they used to, but people want a new one every year or two.  

I've seen people here say they can't afford to have a third kid because they would have to add a bedroom so each could have his own.
View Quote

Our family of 11 lived in a house with 2 bedrooms, and one bathroom for 2 years while we were fixing up the farm house we bought, and this was only 5 years ago.

There were children stuck in the basement and the attic for bedrooms rooms.  One lucky one had a large closet all to herself.
One of my boys drilled a hole in the attic eve and stuck a pvc pipe out the hole for a urinal.  It would have been better placed if it wasn't right above the kitchen window.

The point is, it can be done.  It was tight - 4 females & 7 males with one bathroom.  We did finally enclose the back porch, and build a closet in it to put a second commode in there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Let's play a game.

View Quote

I live in the south....just as big of an area as the Midwest

My 4br house note is less than 1000, my vehicles are less than 700 total

I'm not arguing that 100k doesn't get you what it once did...but it all depends where you live and how dumb you are....alot of people would blow that money on frivolous things and then complain they are broke
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By staringback05:

I live in the south....just as big of an area as the Midwest

My 4br house note is less than 1000, my vehicles are less than 700 total

I'm not arguing that 100k doesn't get you what it once did...but it all depends where you live and how dumb you are....alot of people would blow that money on frivolous things and then complain they are broke
View Quote

Again, what I said earlier. You bought your house at a time when shit was cheap.

It's not cheap right now. If you bought your house today, for what it is worth today, and paid today's interest rates, what would your house cost?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
Fucking Bullshit......quit buying your fucking starbucks and eating out every fucking day. Buy yourself a $30 or $40 vehicle instead of your $80,000 trucks when you can't fucking afford it. People hate the word "conservative".
View Quote

Well that didn't take long at all. Thanks for your myopic, ahistorical contribution.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:16:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lumper] [#21]

Let's play a game.

View Quote

Each day I am healthy enough to go to a job I love, and work with my family and friends.  My wife gets to stay home and raise the younger children.  Every one of my 9 children is healthy.  The married ones have great spouses and marriages.  The grandchildren are healthy.

A vacation is going to visit a friend for an evening - just the way I like it.
My daily driver vehicles are extremely reliable, and my teenage boys maintain them as well as their own vehicles.  One is a 1999 minivan, one is a 2002 minivan with no back seats, so it gets used as a small pickup truck with a cab, one is a 2006 civic.  (I have got a bunch of drivers, my daily driver changes based on the needs of the day).

The point is, I have a great life.  I do not have a lot of modern things, or new vehicles.  I don't need those things to have a great life.  I have what I need, and I choose to be satisfied with what I have.  Not only do I have enough for my family, We have enough to share with others.  I wouldn't change a thing.  

I should add, I make well less than $ 100,000 a year.  If I had a family member with medical issues, we would be in a tight spot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By lumper:

Each day I am healthy enough to go to a job I love, and work with my family and friends.  My wife gets to stay home and raise the younger children.  Every one of my 9 children is healthy.  The married ones have great spouses and marriages.  The grandchildren are healthy.

A vacation is going to visit a friend for an evening - just the way I like it.
My daily driver vehicles are extremely reliable, and by teenage boys maintain them as well as their own vehicles.  One is a 1999 minivan, one is a 2002 minivan with no back seats, so it gets used as a small pickup truck with a cab, one is a 2006 civic.  (I have got a bunch of drivers, my daily driver changes based on the needs of the day).

The point is, I have a great life.  I do not have a lot of modern things, or new vehicles.  I don't need those things to have a great life.  I have what I need, and I choose to be satisfied with what I have.  I wouldn't change a thing.
View Quote

That sounds like an American Dream! Good for you!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Our family of 11 lived in a house with 2 bedrooms, and one bathroom for 2 years while we were fixing up the farm house we bought, and this was only 5 years ago.

There were children stuck in the basement and the attic for bedrooms rooms.  One lucky one had a large closet all to herself.
One of my boys drilled a hole in the attic eve and stuck a pvc pipe out the hole for a urinal.  It would have been better placed if it wasn't right above the kitchen window.

The point is, it can be done.  It was tight - 4 females & 7 males with one bathroom.  We did finally enclose the back porch, and build a closet in it to put a second commode in there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fssf158:

The goalposts have moved.  Houses have gotten bigger even as family sizes have gone down.  I will acknowledge that the house size situation affects even those who don't want to play by the new rules because nobody is building the smaller homes of yesteryear.  Cars last much longer than they used to, but people want a new one every year or two.  

I've seen people here say they can't afford to have a third kid because they would have to add a bedroom so each could have his own.

My wife and I are looking at building our retirement house, something smallish, 1 story , easy to heat / cool and get around in as we get older.

Most of the builders we’ve talked to have no interest in building a smaller home… 3 bedroom minimum 1600sf with a full basement is the usual cut off. Trying to explain to them it’s just for two peaple is like talking to a stone…. But when you sell a bigger home is more marketable.. yeah I’ll be dead I really don’t care, and In my 70’s and 80’s I really don’t want to deal with more house than I need.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Let's play a game.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315192/IMG_3628_png-3192069.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315192/IMG_3629_png-3192070.JPG

That house doesn't have a flow-through living/dining room/kitchen and the car doesn't have heated seats or leather.

How can you possibly live like that?!?!?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By sdc360:

My wife and I are looking at building our retirement house, something smallish, 1 story , easy to heat / cool and get around in as we get older.

Most of the builders we’ve talked to have no interest in building a smaller home… 3 bedroom minimum 1600sf with a full basement is the usual cut off. Trying to explain to them it’s just for two peaple is like talking to a stone…. But when you sell a bigger home is more marketable.. yeah I’ll be dead I really don’t care, and In my 70’s and 80’s I really don’t want to deal with more house than I need.
View Quote

There is no one near you that builds small houses?  

No one like this?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: godzillamax] [#27]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

*depending where you live.

Live simply in a low COL area and 100k works. My definition of "works" involves cooking from scratch, spending wisely, paying yourself first/investing, not impulse purchasing, fixing things myself, cheap and minimal vacations, and spending time rather than money. To many, not having a new phone, car, shoes, house, boat, side by side, yearly luxury vacations, etc. is unthinkable. Needless to say, 100k won't work to maintain that lifestyle.

View Quote
There aren't a lot of $100k+ jobs in low col areas. Most those jobs are in higher col suburbs or metro areas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sdc360] [#28]

There is no one near you that builds small houses?  

No one like this?
View Quote

Not in our area but we did look at similar cabin type homes from out of state builders, lots of cool stuff to look at but nothing that really met our needs. There are also a ton of hidden costs in the prefab world.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Fucking Bullshit......quit buying your fucking starbucks and eating out every fucking day. Buy yourself a $30 or $40 vehicle instead of your $80,000 trucks when you can't fucking afford it. People hate the word "conservative".
View Quote

Where can I get one of these $30 or $40 vehicles?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTM1:

Look in the classifieds and be willing to put in some elbow grease to get it running tip top
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Here’s the test: Ask yourself - what did I do with that stimulus check? 1) don’t recall or blew it foolishly - Hello poor! 2) Savings account - Get ready to be a poor. 3) Invested in something which is continuing to grow - welcome to the club. It’s a big club and most aren’t in it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
It fucking cost me $50+ for 2 matin e tickets to Dune 2 (non-IMAX), small popcorn, and a small drink.

Draft dodging boomers would've enlisted if they felt that burn in 1965-1972
View Quote
goddamn.

i almost got a tan from the sick burn on that one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MiskeetShooter1:
Here’s the test: Ask yourself - what did I do with that stimulus check? 1) don’t recall or blew it foolishly - Hello poor! 2) Savings account - Get ready to be a poor. 3) Invested in something which is continuing to grow - welcome to the club. It’s a big club and most aren’t in it.
View Quote

LOL....what stimulus check?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
do you have a Class A CDL with all endorsements?

are you willing and able to become a certified crane operator?

are you an alcoholic?

if not you will be after you come work for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:

Look in the classifieds and be willing to put in some elbow grease to get it running tip top
View Quote
clean the carb, change the plugs and wires, swap the fan belt, check the gas, add oil.

dat bish will be strong running for $87 in parts max and a couple hours of wrenching in mommy's driveway with your $87 made in the USA craftsman 870 piece toolkit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's the test: Ask yourself - what did I do with that stimulus check? 1) don't recall or blew it foolishly - Hello poor! 2) Savings account - Get ready to be a poor. 3) Invested in something which is continuing to grow - welcome to the club. It's a big club and most aren't in it.
View Quote
4) hookers and blow, my dude

hookers and blow
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd be doing pretty damn well aside for a divorce and $2000 a month in child support.

$100k is plenty in most of the Midwest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Lol.

What is this stimulus check you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 58Eldorado:
ME AND MY WIFE MAKE 4 TIMES THAT AMOUNT
View Quote

MY WIFE AND I
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm just glad I don't have two car payments, a mortgage, a boat payment and six CC payments to worry about. Life is pretty damn good if you're not a fool.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Rickesis:

MY WIFE AND I
View Quote
YOUR NOT MY SUPERVISOR THERE BIG SHOOTER

LOL RENTERS LOL

*fires up automatic V6 rustang convertible to head to chili's*

*turns up Eagles cassette*

@NotCaliforniaLegal
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Say, $80k after taxes, I could pay off a nice home in 6 years.
View Quote

LOL.  Most of that income is taxed at or over 22%.  Plus FICA taxes 7.65%.  Plus state income taxes 6% and you are over 35% already.  That 100k is now 65k after basic taxes.  If you have a nice home then you are paying property taxes ($3,000-$10,000) depending on area.  You need home owners insurance $1,500 to $5,000.  Throw in $3,500 a year for electric, $3,500 a year for gas/fuel/heat, a $1,000 for water and garbage and now the max you are at is $42,500.  The average car payment now is $738 and in gas and we call it $1,000 a month.  Down to $30,000.  Then you still need a vehicle insurance, food, clothes, internet, cellphone....etc.  The gov says $475 is the average household grocery bill, cell phone $100, internet $75, vehicle insurance $100 is $750 a month or $9,000 a year.  

Down to $21,000. If you have no vacations or ever do anything extra that gives you $1,750 a month for the mortgage payment.  At current rages and a 30 year mortgage that would buy you a $275,000 house which today is a run of the mill house and not a nice house.  Go ahead and please explain to the class how you would pay off really nice home in 6 years with $1,750 a month.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AKTactical:
You're all missing the bigger picture.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
I'd be doing pretty damn well aside for a divorce and $2000 a month in child support.

$100k is plenty in most of the Midwest.
View Quote

They don’t want to live in the midwest. They demand the American dream be a 2,500 sf house, less than 10 years old, a Ford Raptor for him and a G-wagon for her (they have kids don’t ya know) it better be in a zip code like 31561, or 92657, maybe slum it in 11962
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

LOL.  Most of that income is taxed at or over 22%.  Plus FICA taxes 7.65%.  Plus state income taxes 6% and you are over 35% already.  That 100k is now 65k after basic taxes.  If you have a nice home then you are paying property taxes ($3,000-$10,000) depending on area.  You need home owners insurance $1,500 to $5,000.  Throw in $3,500 a year for electric, $3,500 a year for gas/fuel/heat, a $1,000 for water and garbage and now the max you are at is $42,500.  The average car payment now is $738 and in gas and we call it $1,000 a month.  Down to $30,000.  Then you still need a vehicle insurance, food, clothes, internet, cellphone....etc.  The gov says $475 is the average household grocery bill, cell phone $100, internet $75, vehicle insurance $100 is $750 a month or $9,000 a year.  

Down to $21,000. If you have no vacations or ever do anything extra that gives you $1,750 a month for the mortgage payment.  At current rages and a 30 year mortgage that would buy you a $275,000 house which today is a run of the mill house and not a nice house.  Go ahead and please explain to the class how you would pay off really nice home in 6 years with $1,750 a month.

View Quote
how dare you.gif
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#46]

I guess your definition of a "great life" must be a smidge different.
View Quote
Maybe you're the one out of touch?

A 200k house bought 5 years ago, 2 used paid for cars, and you can raise a family on 100k salary in MN.
San Fran?  No way.
Minneapolis....tough.

Rural town of 20k people....yep.  You won't ever drive a corvette, but you can have a good life and live the 'american dream'.

But my version of the American Dream doesn't include iPhones, new cars, new clothes, and Starbucks on the regular.

Anybody who says they can't live the AD on 100k salary, show me your bills and income and I'll show you why you're losing.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

via FreddieMac

Mortgage Rates Exceed 7 Percent for the First Time this Year
April 18, 2024

The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage surpassed 7 percent for the first time this year, jumping from 6.88 percent to 7.10 percent this week. As rates trend higher, potential homebuyers are deciding whether to buy before rates rise even more or hold off in hopes of decreases later in the year. Last week, purchase applications rose modestly, but it remains unclear how many homebuyers can withstand increasing rates in the future.

Arfcom told me to buy 1/2 a cow with a neighbor, start a garden, and horde ammo.

Was already doing all those things anyhow, but I keep not buying the avocado toast and the lattes, but I'll be damned if my bank doesn't give a fuck lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dano523:
American dream does not start happening until you over $400K a year instead.
View Quote

GD beeing GD,
400k (Household) puts you somewhere in the 97th percentile.

100k is not the 100k of 2018 when i came to this glorious country but even in fairly high col areas you can have a very good life on less half of what you post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
OP: i got my 1987 toyota van down by the river, a messican blanket, a couple rip its from the dollar tree, a brand new pair of realtree camo crocs, a titanium spork, and a case of the chef boyardee raviolis.
View Quote
Man, it took me waaaay too long to figure out that wasn't a wok mounted to the side, lol. It wasn't until I thought, "what if there is no wok....."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JamiesGotAGun:
Maybe you're the one out of touch?

A 200k house bought 5 years ago, 2 used paid for cars, and you can raise a family on 100k salary in MN.
San Fran?  No way.
Minneapolis....tough.

Rural town of 20k people....yep.  You won't ever drive a corvette, but you can have a good life and live the 'american dream'.

But my version of the American Dream doesn't include iPhones, new cars, new clothes, and Starbucks on the regular.

Anybody who says they can't live the AD on 100k salary, show me your bills and income and I'll show you why you're losing.

View Quote

Literally his entire point
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top