User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:32:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:

Very true. I’m wondering what’s going to happen to all those chucks that are in Scout Squadrons that are going away. That’s a lot of 11c without a job.
View Quote

The only thing I can think of is faster NCO promotions and re-enlistment incentives.

The Army experimented with expedited 11C certification in a couple of places with mortarmen being made from all sorts of MOS's(my unit being one of these). I participated in that program and became a mortar team leader (as an 11B) while we had a half dozen wheel vehicle mechanics, a generator mechanic and a tanker also pass the school and deploy to Afghanistan as mortars.

I could see that being implemented with incentives similar to the STAR program.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

Article didn’t say a lot. I see the number of recruits was lowered but I wonder if they also lowered things like GT scores. Are they now wavering past criminal history, mental illness, age, and weight standards?
View Quote

Think about it real hard.   Then answer your own question.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
#governmentmath
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Was on post a few days ago and wow, lot of chunky female servicemembers
View Quote

In the early 2000s I was on FT Lewis and if your barracks was near the airfield you ran around the airfield for PT.  There was always a very large group of chunky/fat or pregnant females that would sort of shuffle on their way and block the entire running course.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Was on post a few days ago and wow, lot of chunky female servicemembers
View Quote

I have spent the past 3 weeks surrounded by active duty and reserve members from various branches, what a cluster fuck!  No military bearing, laughing/joking/general grab assing between E's and O's, lot of first name usage taking place and no weight standards enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Ya…

Fuck all of that…

Glad I got out when I did.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

I have spent the past 3 weeks surrounded by active duty and reserve members from various branches, what a cluster fuck!  No military bearing, laughing/joking/general grab assing between E's and O's, lot of first name usage taking place and no weight standards enforcement.
View Quote

I’m in and off posts pretty quick so it’s all anecdotal but yeah overall my experience generally echos yours. I’ve seen a few super star NCOs here and there who are probably better professionals than I was but generally speaking yeah same here
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:

In the early 2000s I was on FT Lewis and if your barracks was near the airfield you ran around the airfield for PT.  There was always a very large group of chunky/fat or pregnant females that would sort of shuffle on their way and block the entire running course.
View Quote

lol I remember that airfield dynamic but I saw those chicks walking more often than even shuffling and talking away like Gossip Girls
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
My very good friend is recruiting right now. He said an issue recruiters are having is the Genesis program. It automatically pulls all medical and DQs people.

No more hiding medical stuff.
View Quote

Since I was in the military my kid's medical history is all in Tricare's system which is easily accessible by Genesis.  There is no hiding their medical history so there is no way they could currently enlist.

I have a friend that is on recruiting duty now as well and she has been VERY successful with the Hispanic population because surprise, they don't have much in the way of any medical history in the system other than the basic shots required for school.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]

lol I remember that airfield dynamic but I saw those chicks walking more often than even shuffling and talking away like Gossip Girls
View Quote

On Fort Hood, that same group of pregnant girls usually are found walking around the 1st Cav Div museum area on the sidewalk. Same walking and gossiping.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#11]

I’m in and off posts pretty quick so it’s all anecdotal but yeah overall my experience generally echos yours. I’ve seen a few super star NCOs here and there who are probably better professionals than I was but generally speaking yeah same here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

That’s a unit by unit thing. The ones with solid NCO’s have proper military bearing and appearance top to bottom. Poor NCO’s and it’s a shit show.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#12]
The is being very successful with its war on meritocracy
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

On Fort Hood, that same group of pregnant girls usually are found walking around the 1st Cav Div museum area on the sidewalk. Same walking and gossiping.
View Quote

Yep, it’s global I’ve even seen it at the tiny Camp Roberts Army National Guard airfield in California too
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: XNARC] [#14]
Chunkies? Come on man, we all knew what was going to happen with ice cream machines in the chow halls…even elite units are having issues

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:
When did they ban trannies?
View Quote

Because gender dysphoria is included in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, also called the DSM, it is diagnosed as a mental disorder. No offense to those that don't know what should be between their legs, but that is a disorder incongruent with the rigors and stress inherent in the military. They shouldn't be allowed in, and they should be chaptered out.

Of course, if that was the case and if there was ever a draft, the tranny population would explode

ROCK6
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top