Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

I’ve never gotten the impression that he is actually dumb, so it seems pretty clear that he will whore himself out to make a buck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
I'm torn as to whether he's playing up a persona in order to make money or he's totally bugfuck nuts.

I’ve never gotten the impression that he is actually dumb, so it seems pretty clear that he will whore himself out to make a buck.

Tucker has fuck you money, he doesn't need to do a damn thing and certainly doesn't have to whore himself out for a buck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By n0zzle:

Tucker has fuck you money, he doesn't need to do a damn thing and certainly doesn't have to whore himself out for a buck.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By n0zzle:
I'm torn as to whether he's playing up a persona in order to make money or he's totally bugfuck nuts.

That's never stopped any talking head before.  None of them ever think they have enough money or get enough attention.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

If he wasn't nuts already, Tucker Carlson lost it the moment he entered that Russian grocery store and announced he was radicalized against the West.
View Quote
Have you listened to what he actually said? Or did you read some headline or some article about it?

serious question
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]

That's never stopped any talking head before.  None of them ever think they have enough money or get enough attention.
View Quote

Attention whores are the worst.  Being a greedy attention whore (B. Gates) is even worse.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:46:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhart89] [#5]
Over 4 million views so far after just 2 days.   (That’s like half the illegals who have entered the USA under Biden).  

Joe Rogan Experience #2138 - Tucker Carlson
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

We shall see but so far Tucker is doing a lot better than Bill O' Reilly after The Borg ejected him.

The nice thing about getting cancelled is you are free to say what you want.  Scott Adams and Tucker come to mind making their comments more real and of possible value.  

Most talking heads are just corrupt empty vessels spewing the useless propaganda of their masters.
View Quote

Agreed...in that we shall see.   but, O'Reilly has had more time to become tarnished... Tucker is catching up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Tucker has been doing this UFO shtick for a while now.  It's totally wacko.

He's a very bright guy and has a deep understanding of the media and its impact on people.  I think he does it because he is not comfortable with mode many people get into with a demigod where they trust and believe anything they say.  There any many TV personalities, especially on the left, who's fans will not question anything they say.  This make them vulnerable to exploitation.  I think he does it to keep people thinking and not just following blindly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:15:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:18:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Email leak reveals the surprising friendship between Hunter Biden and his 'buddy' Tucker Carlson, says report
“In the emails, President Joe Biden's son tells Carlson that he loves him and his family and describes him as his "friend" and "buddy."”
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Just finished the whole podcast.
I like Tucker even more now after listening to this.
Surprised to see so many minds on here that are controlled by the government.
You would think there would be more free thinkers on a gun forum.
Lots of CNN bots on page 1.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jdm0325:
I couldn't last 5 min listening to them two talk.
View Quote

I haven’t finished it, but it’s been hard to listen to.

Our country is being destroyed, and they’re talking about whether UAPs are aliens, or some type of spiritual beings.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
View Quote

There's a big difference between being open to new ideas, and being so open minded your brain falls out. Pretty easy to see which side a lot fall onto here
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:33:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#13]
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

Our country is being destroyed, and they’re talking about whether UAPs are aliens, or some type of spiritual beings.
View All Quotes

They’ve both done solid work bringing a huge platform to people with lesser voices who have done the work and know what’s going on. Colion Noir, Eric Weinstein, James Lindsey, Mike Baker, Mike Benz…

If these two guys just want to have an energy drink, some good whiskey and shoot the breeze at a meta level about what they’ve talked with others about, that’s fine with me too.

Edit: And I don’t listen to every episode they pump out, either. They go weeks without having anything that interests me. If people don’t like how these are going, don’t listen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By macman37:

They’ve both done solid work bringing a huge platform to people with lesser voices who have done the work and know what’s going on. Colion Noir, Eric Weinstein, James Lindsey, Mike Baker, Mike Benz…

If these two guys just want to have an energy drink, some good whiskey and shoot the breeze at a meta level about what they’ve talked with others about, that’s fine with me too.

Edit: And I don’t listen to every episode they pump out, either. They go weeks without having anything that interests me. If people don’t like how these are going, don’t listen.
View Quote

100% Agree with you
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:08:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#15]
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:

There's a big difference between being open to new ideas, and being so open minded your brain falls out. Pretty easy to see which side a lot fall onto here
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:

Carlson absolutely makes some strange assertions.  How did he come across the ideas which underpinned his perceptions?

Who/what were Tucker Carlson's sources on the UAP/UWP phenomena?  (Unknown Aerial/Underwater Phenomena).

Do you know, off the top of your head?

And if you don't know--what does that say about your own perceptions on the topic?

As for me--I had the exact same conversation, almost verbatim, inre: politicians and intelligence agencies with a guy who developed AI search engines to the DOD and Homeland Security.  He admitted that while we couldn't effectively parse the ocean of clues to find the terrorist fish, we COULD turn the intelligence apparatus against individual targets and go the Lavrentiy Beria* route on sitting politicians.  He admitted that can and does and is currently happening.  His casual takeaway on Big Brother and his software is that we don't have to worry about a Stalinist totalitarian faction taking control of America because the Federal Government is completely incompetent--which I personally find to be a rather stupid and short-sighted position.  Almost as bad as the shit that got spouted when the USA Patriot Act was introduced--"If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about".  Anybody with 2 brain cells knew that was a crock of shit--even at the time.

*Lavrentiy Beria is famously quoted as saying:  Show me the man and I will show you the crime.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
Carlson is a fucking turncoat; a worthless piece of shit.

He should have stayed in Moscow, where he could try to crawl even further up Putin’s ass hole.

My respect for Rogan just dropped.
View Quote

Slavey Ukraney! Stop Putler now!

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By turbo_infidel:
I see that free thinking, and questioning odd things is alive and well here.

There's NO way the government would lie.
View Quote

Give them another 20 years and they might figure out that Israel actually ISNT our friend.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#18]
No one's outraged.  People are mocking Tucker for being a kook, not angry at him for it.  And no, not even falling-down drunk have I ever said I believed 9-11 was an inside job or aliens were demons.

Originally Posted By azarak512:
You completely missed my point
View Quote

No, RikWriter was exactly On the Point.

Tucker Carlson isn't very bright & will 100% spout whatever he thinks will make him fame & money.  (See Dominion Voting Vs. Fox News). He is a Con-servative. That some people love Tucker because they really believe "He's 'One Of Us!".  These same people who are convinced the bar tender thinks their stories are 'interesting' & that strippers really like them.

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

Tucker Carlson isn't very bright & will 100% spout whatever he thinks will make him fame & money.  (See Dominion Voting Vs. Fox News). He is a Con-servative. That some people love Tucker because they really believe "He's 'One Of Us!".  These same people who are convinced the bar tender thinks their stories are 'interesting' & that strippers really like them.

Bigger_Hammer

View All Quotes
No one's outraged.  People are mocking Tucker for being a kook, not angry at him for it.  And no, not even falling-down drunk have I ever said I believed 9-11 was an inside job or aliens were demons.

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

Because you read text messages from the Dominion case about him hating Donald Trump and being happy that he can stop talking about Donald Trump 24/7?

Or is he "not very bright" because he is against the creation of an endless money trench for no reason which actually makes sense or benefits the interest of average Americans in one of the most corrupt nations in Europe, namely Ukraine?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

And you know this how?

Because you read text messages from the Dominion case about him hating Donald Trump and being happy that he can stop talking about Donald Trump 24/7?

Or is he "not very bright" because he is against the creation of an endless money trench for no reason which actually makes sense or benefits the interest of average Americans in one of the most corrupt nations in Europe, namely Ukraine?
View All Quotes

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

It's funny how the Tucker defenders ignore the really crazy shit he says for cherry-picked examples that fit their politics.
"Oh, you must be a Uke-bro because you make fun of Tucker Carlson for saying that the US was evil to drop the A bombs on Japan or because he thinks flying saucers are demons."

You sound freaking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#21]

It's funny how the Tucker defenders ignore the really crazy shit he says for cherry-picked examples that fit their politics.
"Oh, you must be a Uke-bro because you make fun of Tucker Carlson for saying that the US was evil to drop the A bombs on Japan or because he thinks flying saucers are demons."

View All Quotes

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

I find Tucker Carlson interesting to listen to.  That's pretty much as far as it goes.  If he says something I might happen to disagree with (or maybe don't understand where he's even coming from) I don't have an Aspergers-inspired meltdown and decide that he needs to be destroyed.

But yeah--I'm "freaking rediculous".
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#22]

I find Tucker Carlson interesting to listen to.  That's pretty much as far as it goes.  If he says something I might happen to disagree with (or maybe don't understand where he's even coming from) I don't have an Aspergers-inspired meltdown and decide that he needs to be destroyed.

View All Quotes

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

You do, when you attack someone for saying Carlson is a huckster and your only point is "you must be for giving money to Ukraine."  Yes, you sound freaking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:15:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#23]

You do, when you attack someone for saying Carlson is a huckster and your only point is "you must be for giving money to Ukraine."  Yes, you sound freaking ridiculous.
View All Quotes

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

Was that my "only point"?  I actually cited the 2 loudest grievances I have heard underpinning the rabid Tucker hate--which is mostly sprung from rehashing leftist talking points.

Now maybe you can tell me how you know so very much about how ALL talking heads are exactly the same and ALL of them have EXACTLY the same need for attention.   Because that is fucken retarded.  Listen to the interview with Chris Cuomo Tucker did.  Now THAT was an  interview with an intellectually-adrift narcissistic prick.  Tucker--not so much.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Was that my "only point"?  I actually cited the 2 loudest grievances I have heard underpinning the rabid Tucker hate--which is mostly sprung from rehashing leftist talking points.

Now maybe you can tell me how you know so very much about how ALL talking heads are exactly the same and ALL of them have EXACTLY the same need for attention.   Because that is fucken retarded.  Listen to the interview with Chris Cuomo Tucker did.  Now THAT was an  interview with an intellectually-adrift narcissistic prick.  Tucker--not so much.
View Quote

All the talking heads ever?  No.  George Will, William F Buckley JR, Charles Krauthammer...all great thinkers with real ideas, aimed at real solutions.  Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity?  Not so much.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Tucker doesn't come across as dumb or an attention whore, although I'm sure the allure of intelligence and fame are constant influences.

I wonder if anybody has already done the "enhance" on that video to see if they can find out who he's texting in the government by the reflections of his glasses when looking down at his screen. They probably already know anyway...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Enduring a 3 hour uncensored interview is risky stuff so I cut Tucker some slack.  Tucker is not running for President.

The A bomb debate has been around since it was dropped. Lots of Monday morning quarterbacking; many books have been written on the topic. My dad probably would have died in WWII if it was not dropped so I am a little biased.

As for UFO's; show me real proof. I am skeptical but open to ideas.  

Tucker basically said every civilization in history has been spiritual including current Western Civilization up until the dropping of the atom bomb.  At that point it was all about science. We became the Gods...in so many words. Something to think about.

Tucker has been an insider for many years.  He has met a lot of people through his family and through his own career.  

Time will tell if he is a BS artist or not.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#27]

All the talking heads ever?  No.  George Will, William F Buckley JR, Charles Krauthammer...all great thinkers with real ideas, aimed at real solutions.  Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity?  Not so much.
View All Quotes

The people you named are all old guard controlled opp cuckservatives who failed to conserve a damn thing, so much for their real solutions.

The future is right wing populism and I love how mad it has made the people who look at politics like a fucking football game, with their favorite think tank authors and legacy media pre-vetted pundits.

We are entering into a point where politics in America is rapidly becoming a matter of survival. The more people deny it, the more they expose their privilege and the bubbles they live in. Everyone in the thick of it can see it and understands it implicitly. But the folks decrying the populists try to feed them the same placebos "we're more alike than different" "we survived XYZ election cycle, we will survive this one" and they only betray their ignorance that most folks in the populist camp are no longer looking at the political landscape through the same eyes at this point.

They see culture wars that will continue onward into full blown witch-hunts against the "other", they see shifting cultural norms being imposed through force, the emergence of Maoist struggle sessions, identity politics that will coalesce into outright genocide, etc. These aren't fringe theories or crazy ideas, these are what a rational person who has the faintest understanding of history and who has seen how far things have deteriorated in the last 20 years can look ahead and simply extrapolate the same trends, if continued at the same pace, will put us in another 20 years.

What's hard to understand about that? Your Krauthammers and your Bill Kristols won't stop what's coming.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#28]

View All Quotes

Ah.  OK.  Now I get it.  Let me help.  Which of the heavies you just cited (and thank you God for each of them in their work against cultural mind control) had a NIGHTLY show 5 fucking times a week for an hour each episode?  Or had to fufill the multi-faceted roles of journalist, intellectual shepherd AND nightly Entertainer?  Answer: None.  And if they did they might have somewhat diluted their gravitas--don't you think? So given that you are comparing Apples to Oranges--I'd say that Tucker Carlson packs a pretty good punch, given the demands of his particular Genre.  Is he Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn?  No.  And personally I don't need him to be.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:

The people you named are all old guard controlled opp cuckservatives who failed to conserve a damn thing, so much for their real solutions.
View All Quotes

No, you're simply full of it.  Your ignorance and disrespect for your intellectual and moral betters is frankly disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#30]

No, you're simply full of it.  Your ignorance and disrespect for your intellectual and moral betters is frankly disgusting.
View All Quotes

If my moral better is Krauthammer then I revel in my inferiority next to such filth. In fact, I will actively work on being as dissimilar to that cretin as possible.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]

If my moral better is Krauthammer then I revel in my inferiority next to such filth. In fact, I will actively work on being as dissimilar to that cretin as possible.
View All Quotes

Congratulations, you've done it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

It is interesting to see people actually invent behavior so they can attack and insult them...  Please show us where you have witnessed an "Aspergers-inspired meltdown" or where anyone has decided tucker needs to be destroyed."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

It is interesting to see people actually invent behavior so they can attack and insult them...  Please show us where you have witnessed an "Aspergers-inspired meltdown" or where anyone has decided tucker needs to be destroyed."
View All Quotes

If it weren't for straw men, they wouldn't have any argument to make.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Stop liking what I don't like! REEEE!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
View Quote

SWANSON: Eldritch Tucker Carlson | Aamon Animations
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Like whatever you want.  Just don't expect me to agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yossarian] [#38]
Can see the point in most posts in this thread.

There was one point he made about Trump not releasing the JFK files because the American people couldn’t handle the truth.

One of the big take aways from the interview, all crazy “conspiracies” asside,  and trying to tease out the factutal things said is the following:

There is such a high volume of misinformation, partial truths, and other underhanded shit going on at all levels of government if the truth were to be released it would result in a tremendous amount of instability, turn shit on its head, and force everyone to reevaluate what they think they know about just about everything.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

YEP.
It's very strange
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Macsabbath:

YEP.
It's very strange
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Macsabbath:

YEP.
It's very strange

It is very strange that so many people could swallow so much bullshit and believe it makes them "free thinkers."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mop89:
Have you listened to what he actually said? Or did you read some headline or some article about it?

serious question
View All Quotes

If he wasn't nuts already, Tucker Carlson lost it the moment he entered that Russian grocery store and announced he was radicalized against the West.

serious question

When you look at purchasing power..... Russians are spending more on groceries than we are. It was a dumb moment by him, in a long list of dumb moments....
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Yossarian:
Can see the point in most posts in this thread.

There was one point he made about Trump not releasing the JFK files because the American people couldn’t handle the truth.

One of the big take aways from the interview, all crazy “conspiracies” asside,  and trying to tease out the factutal things said is the following:

There is such a high volume of misinformation, partial truths, and other underhanded shit going on at all levels of government if the truth were to be released it would resuscitate in a tremendous amount of instability, turn shit on its head, and force everyone to reevaluate what they think they know about just about everything.

View Quote

We wouldn't be here posting if the truth were mM known.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure Tucker is starting to view the world through a Biblical history lense.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

When you look at purchasing power..... Russians are spending more on groceries than we are. It was a dumb moment by him, in a long list of dumb moments....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

serious question

Health conservative Christian groceries.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iwouldntknow] [#45]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:

Pretty sure Tucker is starting to view the world through a Biblical history lense.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6
View All Quotes

As should we. The great whore Babylon falls in an hour.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

It's very possible to view the world through a Biblical lens and not say things like "UFOs are demons."  I believed in demons once, came from a fundamentalist Baptist family.  We all believed in lots of conspiracies, including the Illuminati and all that stuff.  No one I ever met thought UFOs were demons.  Demons, I was taught, were not things that manifested themselves physically, they were spiritual beings that could possess people who left openings for them.  If any of our family or church or surrounding group thought about UFOs at all, it was that they were either hoaxes or military experiments.  Not one of them thought they were demons.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Where did this expectation come from?

The only reasonable thing to expect, would be for you to take your wisdom to a different thread where it might be more appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#48]

The only reasonable thing to expect, would be for you to take your wisdom to a different thread where it might be more appreciated.
View All Quotes

The expectation came when I pointed out how insane Carlson sounded.  
And no, there are plenty of people in this thread who disagree with you.  Sorry you can't just live in the little bubble who won't point out that the emperor has no clothes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

It's called hyperbole.  Specifically hyperbole for comic effect.  

Try it sometime.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RikWriter] [#50]

Try it sometime.
View All Quotes

Try it sometime.

No, because it's idiotic.  Do you think we'd all still be having this kerfluffle if the pro-Tucker people had responded without hyperbole?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top