BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SBR300BLK:

Tucker has some opinions that hurt some mainstream feelings. The right has plenty of snowflakes too don't you forget it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SBR300BLK:
Originally Posted By macman37:
50 minutes in. It’s just two guys shooting the shit. Still seems like someone violated someone else’s sacred cow and caused a tempest in a teapot.

I did skip their discussion of saunas. Did they sneak something offensive in with that?

I have never watched a lot of TC; does he have that maniacal laugh all the time? He seems amped up on something.

Tucker has some opinions that hurt some mainstream feelings. The right has plenty of snowflakes too don't you forget it.

oh I am well and painfully aware of that

1:20 in now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Just listening to Tucker on Rogan now.  Not sure when the show was taped but Tucker called Johnson a weak person and then we see Johnson allowing the FBI to spy on US citizens without a warrant, billions more to Ukraine, and then campaigning for a RINO who passed gun control in Texas.  Pretty sure all those things happened after the interview.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
he's a fucking moron.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jdm0325:
I couldn't last 5 min listening to them two talk.
View Quote

I made it maybe 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ajek:
Defending Tucker’s comments regarding dropping the bombs on Japan is a bit weird.

I think a few people are doing it just for the sake of arguing, though.
View Quote

Strategic bombing in WW2 was a warcrime and honestly one of the worst things humans have ever done to one another. That view is particularly hard to accept for the oldsters who were raised on hollywood movies from the 60s that portray ww2 as the only truly just war ever fought.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:

Strategic bombing in WW2 was a warcrime and honestly one of the worst things humans have ever done to one another. That view is particularly hard to accept for the oldsters who were raised on hollywood movies from the 60s that portray ww2 as the only truly just war ever fought.
View Quote
Ironic post count is ironic
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By xd341:
View All Quotes

Saw that afterwards and I found it fitting

Our founding fathers would be horrified at the idea of dropping fire onto women and children to coerce an enemy to surrender.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:03:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#8]

Our founding fathers would be horrified at the idea of dropping fire onto women and children to coerce an enemy to surrender.
View Quote

No they wouldn't. War exists to to destroy an enemy's ability to inflict their will on you.

That involves breaking their shit.

Beyond that leaflets were routinely dropped before a raid to minimize civilian casualties.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ajek:
Defending Tucker’s comments regarding dropping the bombs on Japan is a bit weird.

I think a few people are doing it just for the sake of arguing, though.

War crimes are for losers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#10]
1:44 in now. They’re talking about the importance of the first amendment and freedom of speech.

I do think Tuck’s a little too in his own little world of journalism, willing to trust people to tell not just “their” truth but the actual truth… but he’s not a total idiot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:37:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#11]
1:44 in now. They’re talking about the importance of the first amendment and freedom of speech.

I do think Tuck’s a little too in his own little world of journalism, willing to trust people to tell not just “their” truth but the actual truth… but he’s not a total idiot.
View Quote

It's worth saying that I don't think he's an idiot, but that he's just selling what his target audience wants to hear.

The words he uses and speech patterns are pretty much exactly what you use to sell a story and get people to buy further in who are already bought in.  

He doesn't really believe a lot of what he says, as much as "this is going to do numbers" and it becomes clearer when you reconcile his personal musings about subjects (e.g. Hunter and Trump) against what he says when the cameras are rolling.

If he WASN'T the most popular conservative voice right now it'd be a lot less problematic, but the fact that people are turning to him in huge numbers in a time where there are few voices, and serious threats to country creates a little bit of burden on him to be a bit more truthful with people and not just say what's going to get him the most views.  Eventually it will be a self-correcting problem as it always is as people more people see through the gimmicks, but it's unfortunate that at a time when we really need Rush Limbaugh, all we really have is Tucker.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

They didn't want to win badly enough then.  Plus, no one, when looking at the history of the Revolutionary War, ever seems to ask Why so many Loyalists were terrified of staying in the Colonies during the conflict.  

That said, firebombing was horrific.  The atomic bombings were horrific.  It's good to be a winner.

I'm open to suggestions of how to defeat 1945 Japan without them though, and with causing fewer casualties.  We could have doubled down on Operation Starvation, I suppose.  Then invaded and gone house to house, bunker to bunker.

Maybe the native Japanese language would only have been able to be spoken in Hell, after all that was done?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

It's worth saying that I don't think he's an idiot, but that he's just selling what his target audience wants to hear.

The words he uses and speech patterns are pretty much exactly what you use to sell a story and get people to buy further in who are already bought in.  

He doesn't really believe a lot of what he says, as much as "this is going to do numbers" and it becomes clearer when you reconcile his personal musings about subjects (e.g. Hunter and Trump) against what he says when the cameras are rolling.

If he WASN'T the most popular conservative voice right now it'd be a lot less problematic, but the fact that people are turning to him in huge numbers in a time where there are few voices, and serious threats to country creates a little bit of burden on him to be a bit more truthful with people and not just say what's going to get him the most views.  Eventually it will be a self-correcting problem as it always is as people more people see through the gimmicks, but it's unfortunate that at a time when we really need Rush Limbaugh, all we really have is Tucker.

View All Quotes

Couldn’t agree more.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

They didn't want to win badly enough then.  Plus, no one, when looking at the history of the Revolutionary War, ever seems to ask Why so many Loyalists were terrified of staying in the Colonies during the conflict.  

That said, firebombing was horrific.  The atomic bombings were horrific.  It's good to be a winner.

I'm open to suggestions of how to defeat 1945 Japan without them though, and with causing fewer casualties.  We could have doubled down on Operation Starvation, I suppose.  Then invaded and gone house to house, bunker to bunker.

Maybe the native Japanese language would only have been able to be spoken in Hell, after all that was done?
View All Quotes

The japs gave up when the Soviets entered the war in the East. Had nothing to do with the atomic bombings, when you don't have an airforce what difference does it make if a fleet firebombs tokyo, or if a single plane nukes a city? Neither of which caused them to surrender, but the entrance of the Russians did. WW2 was about giving the world to bolshevism and the sooner you accept we fought for the worse of 2 evils, the sooner the modern world will make sense to you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#16]

No they wouldn't. War exists to to destroy an enemy's ability to inflict their will on you.

Beyond that leaflets were routinely dropped before a raid to minimize civilian casualties.
View All Quotes

Burning women and babies alive isn't "breaking their shit". You're literally killing mothers holding their babies. To hide behind machismo is disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Burning women and babies alive isn't "breaking their shit". You're literally killing mothers holding their babies. To hide behind machismo is disgusting.
View All Quotes

All sides did it; but that doesn’t make it any less reprehensible. The Japanese had a little mf’ing payback coming for what they did to China, but I am not saying we needed to be the ones who made it happen.

Sherman was right.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#18]

All sides did it; but that doesn’t make it any less reprehensible. The Japanese had a little mf’ing payback coming for what they did to China, but I am not saying we needed to be the ones who made it happen.

Sherman was right.
View All Quotes

Sherman was right.

Oh, for sure, the Japanese treatment of Chinese civilians is mind boggling, but I don't think responsibility rests on the women and children at home.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

"Hey that factory thats constantly pumping out munitions and shit? We can't bomb it because there are civilians around and we can't guarantee they won't be harmed"

Aw dang guess got to pack up and go home!

War is hell.

It will always be hell.

The surest way to not get your cities bombed is to NOT bomb other people.

The Japanese with their refusal to surrender and desire to fight to the last woman and child condemned those people.

Not the United States.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#20]

"Hey that factory thats constantly pumping out munitions and shit? We can't bomb it because there are civilians around and we can't guarantee they won't be harmed"

War is hell.

It will always be hell.

The Japanese with their refusal to surrender and desire to fight to the last woman and child condemned those people.

Not the United States.
View All Quotes

War is hell.

It will always be hell.

Not the United States.

I pray you won't have to learn when its China killing your kids because your govt is run by evil fucks who can't keep their nose out of other people's business.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#21]

I pray you won't have to learn when its China killing your kids because your govt is run by evil fucks who can't keep their nose out of other people's business.
View Quote

Ok.  Well I guess that's a sentence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Yeah... Not sure if I want to be at the mercy of a communist government that already has a body count of 60 million + of its own citizens.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Agreed. We should have just asked them nicely to stop in the League of Nations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#24]

I pray you won't have to learn when it's China killing your kids because your govt is run by evil fucks who can't keep their nose out of other people's business.
View All Quotes

War is hell.

It will always be hell.

Not the United States.

I pray you won't have to learn when it's China killing your kids because your govt is run by evil fucks who can't keep their nose out of other people's business.

Thank you for accurately pointing out that the IS is the greatest evil in the world.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#25]

The japs gave up when the Soviets entered the war in the East. Had nothing to do with the atomic bombings, when you don't have an airforce what difference does it make if a fleet firebombs tokyo, or if a single plane nukes a city? Neither of which caused them to surrender, but the entrance of the Russians did. WW2 was about giving the world to bolshevism and the sooner you accept we fought for the worse of 2 evils, the sooner the modern world will make sense to you.
View Quote
Stalin was a cagey fucker. He didn't go all in against Japan until we dropped the bomb. Which he knew about before Yalta.

He was all about looking like an ally to gain leverage over his sphere if influence when it was all over.

We are still playing these games.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Who else besides Tucker has the guts to talk about this?

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Stalin was a cagey fucker. He didn't go all in against Japan until we dropped the bomb. Which he knew about before Yalta.

He was all about looking like an ally to gain leverage over his sphere if influence when it was all over.

View All Quotes

That's an argument I'll accept. That the bombs were necessary to trigger Stalin's rush for territory in the hopes of beating a Jap surrender, which ironically, made the Japanese surrender. Never heard that case made before but I think it has merit, and I'm willing to accept that based on what evidence I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

...and reading a lot of forums like this one.

Why the bad reaction to Tucker?  He is just a talking head who decided to cover topics off-limits in the mainstream but of concern to a lot of people.

The Rogan-Tucker podcast has a late night college dorm discussion feel to it as they are just bouncing ideas around while they are perhaps a little drunk or high.

View Quote

Tucker neither drinks, nor gets high.

He says as much in the video, clearly and unambiguously.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#29]

The problem is more akin to its a "great game but somebody took a shit in the middle of the field during the game"

Which is a problem conservative media has just about everywhere.

We have actionable items like an out of control Federal Government, open borders and election security that are on full display next to "aliens are real and they're spiritual beings"

That's fucking stupid and makes the other three harder to accomplish because NORMAL PEOPLE are going to write him off as soon as he says shit like that and there's really no reason to say it other than to appeal to people who are already buying what he's selling.

Imagine sharing this video to a someone who ISN'T familiar with Tucker (yeah I know that's a very small market but humor me) and they get the part about the election being suspicious and then.... the aliens bit pops up.

That's going to COMPLETELY knock his credibility out of the park and any arguments he had before are going to be completely ignored.

There's absolutely zero reason to talk about that shit other than selling views to an already invested audience.  It isn't going to advance the problems we're trying to solve beyond the current audience he has and it will actually turn A LOT of them off to him.

Essentially he's turning off new audiences and large swathes of his current audience pursuing short term numbers.  He isn't advancing the stuff that matters because of the shit that doesn't matter.
View Quote

Wait a minute... He's turning off viewers over something which has been admitted to be true by TPTB?

What the hell you smokin' man?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Wait a minute... He's turning off viewers over something which has been admitted to be true by TPTB?

What the hell you smokin' man?
View Quote

We don't trust TPTB on anything else but we trust em on this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
Just finished the whole podcast.
I like Tucker even more now after listening to this.
Surprised to see so many minds on here that are controlled by the government.
You would think there would be more free thinkers on a gun forum.
Lots of CNN bots on page 1.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

The idea that the atomic bombings had no impact on their surrender and it was entirely due to the Soviet Union is a steaming pile of revisionist bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

Was that my "only point"?  I actually cited the 2 loudest grievances I have heard underpinning the rabid Tucker hate--which is mostly sprung from rehashing leftist talking points.

Now maybe you can tell me how you know so very much about how ALL talking heads are exactly the same and ALL of them have EXACTLY the same need for attention.   Because that is fucken retarded.  Listen to the interview with Chris Cuomo Tucker did.  Now THAT was an  interview with an intellectually-adrift narcissistic prick.  Tucker--not so much.
View Quote

I noticed the attacks on Tucker really kicked up when he started questioning the (seemingly unlimited) support for Ukraine.

A position I happen to agree with.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

Enduring a 3 hour uncensored interview is risky stuff so I cut Tucker some slack.  Tucker is not running for President.

The A bomb debate has been around since it was dropped. Lots of Monday morning quarterbacking; many books have been written on the topic. My dad probably would have died in WWII if it was not dropped so I am a little biased.

As for UFO's; show me real proof. I am skeptical but open to ideas.  

Tucker basically said every civilization in history has been spiritual including current Western Civilization up until the dropping of the atom bomb.  At that point it was all about science. We became the Gods...in so many words. Something to think about.

Tucker has been an insider for many years.  He has met a lot of people through his family and through his own career.  

Time will tell if he is a BS artist or not.  

View Quote

Solid post.

And I probably wouldn't be here either, were it not for the A-bomb. My dad was on a transport ship across the Atlantic (QEII), to grab a train across to CA on his way to Japan when 6Aug1945 happened.

That disagreement doesn't make me question everything Tucker says, however. He speaks from his own life experience, as I do. Those experiences align on a great many things, so...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#35]

The people you named are all old guard controlled opp cuckservatives who failed to conserve a damn thing, so much for their real solutions.

The future is right wing populism and I love how mad it has made the people who look at politics like a fucking football game, with their favorite think tank authors and legacy media pre-vetted pundits.

We are entering into a point where politics in America is rapidly becoming a matter of survival. The more people deny it, the more they expose their privilege and the bubbles they live in. Everyone in the thick of it can see it and understands it implicitly. But the folks decrying the populists try to feed them the same placebos "we're more alike than different" "we survived XYZ election cycle, we will survive this one" and they only betray their ignorance that most folks in the populist camp are no longer looking at the political landscape through the same eyes at this point.

They see culture wars that will continue onward into full blown witch-hunts against the "other", they see shifting cultural norms being imposed through force, the emergence of Maoist struggle sessions, identity politics that will coalesce into outright genocide, etc. These aren't fringe theories or crazy ideas, these are what a rational person who has the faintest understanding of history and who has seen how far things have deteriorated in the last 20 years can look ahead and simply extrapolate the same trends, if continued at the same pace, will put us in another 20 years.

What's hard to understand about that? Your Krauthammers and your Bill Kristols won't stop what's coming.
View Quote

This is as good as any to post what's probably the most informative Tweet I've ever read. Disregard what you see in the visible-shareable post (about Trump being against "democracy") and click it for the whole story.

You won't be disappointed:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#36]

If my moral better is Krauthammer then I revel in my inferiority next to such filth. In fact, I will actively work on being as dissimilar to that cretin as possible.
View Quote

Krauthammer was a statist POS who could articulate statist positions in a way you'd agree with.

That's all.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Shall I call you "My Liege"...M'liege?

lol.

Dude--try to get over yourself.  Just try.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

No, you're simply full of it.  Your ignorance and disrespect for your intellectual and moral betters is frankly disgusting.

Do wear an ascot?

Reading your post I'm picturing you with an ascot.

Whatever turns you on, but you should really keep that kind of shit to yourself.  Sort of like if you believe UFOs are demons.

I have no basis to conclude that UAP are demonic.  I'd have to look at the hard data.

What hard data are you going to look at?

Good for you.  You identified the joke.  You're getting better at this all the time.

No, dude, you're even horrible at being a condescending prick.  Just take out the condescension and I think you'll have it nailed.

Shall I call you "My Liege"...M'liege?

lol.

Dude--try to get over yourself.  Just try.

Cool it, guys. No need to get one or the other banned, or the thread locked.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I listened to the first 25 mins of this today. Nothing in context really made me think the rancor in this thread was justified.
View Quote

Agreed.

It's quite telling, isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

This is as good as any to post what's probably the most informative Tweet I've ever read. Disregard what you see in the visible-shareable post (about Trump being against "democracy") and click it for the whole story.

You won't be disappointed:

View Quote

That is a good summary of the Mike Benz thesis. I'm continually impressed with how Benz names and shames the Blobmonsters.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

The idea that the atomic bombings had no impact on their surrender and it was entirely due to the Soviet Union is a steaming pile of revisionist bullshit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:07:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#41]

View All Quotes

Are you serious? You can't be serious.

The people who said they would fight to the last man standing saw the Soviets engage in MONGOLIA and suddenly changed their tune and lost all will to fight?

Yeah you're right, it definitely had nothing to do with atomic bombs being dropped on the homeland almost literally on the SAME DAY.

@BigBurkeyBoy
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top