BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By California_Kid:

My wife's previous husband died years before that feature was available.  But thanks for the information.

ETA we had no problem getting data off of the old phone.  The issue was that whenever we tried to do anything that required elevated privileges, like updating apps or the OS, the phone kept prompting for the deceased man's password for his Apple ID.  Neither Apple nor our pricey consultant could get around that.
View Quote

Did it not occur to any of them to check whether they had access to the deceased man's email?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both.  Prefer iPhone for personal use.  Android is OK, but be prepared for needing more IT support with it, and needing to replace it sooner, if you use it hard and over multiple apps/programs/software updates.  My work phone is android.  Business pays for the support/apps/programs, but the business is more pc compatible, like most are, which makes sense to stick with android as pc requires more support than mac, anyway.  Sort of a microsoft model to keep businesses and lowest common denominator ongoing…revenue streams for IT/microsoft/google, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tgmr05:
I have both.  Prefer iPhone for personal use.  Android is OK, but be prepared for needing more IT support with it, and needing to replace it sooner, if you use it hard and over multiple apps/programs/software updates.  
View Quote

Never had that experience.  In fact, my daughter's iPhone always seemed to start lagging behind in performance before any of my Galaxy phones did.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've gone back and forth several times between iOS and Android and these are my observations:

1.  Apple's hardware is superior - better reception, more resilient batter, generally longer-lasting phone (note: I used Google Nexus/Pixel phones almost exclusively; maybe Samsung or someone else is better)
2.  Android is slightly better - more freedom, less retarded requirements (no iTunes just to put mp3s on the phone).
3.  I only like "pure" Android; the Samsung, Asus, LG, Whatever "add-ons" and "customizations" to Android suck
4.  Apple's stuff is overpriced (well, they all are, but Apple seems more expensive; again, relative to Google Nexus/Pixel; maybe Samsung is just as costly as Apple)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:

PEBKAC
View Quote

Haha.  Haven’t heard that one in a while.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Never had that experience.  In fact, my daughter's iPhone always seemed to start lagging behind in performance before any of my Galaxy phones did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I have both.  Prefer iPhone for personal use.  Android is OK, but be prepared for needing more IT support with it, and needing to replace it sooner, if you use it hard and over multiple apps/programs/software updates.  

That might be because she is wearing down the battery on the iPhone faster than you are wearing down the battery on your Samsung.  iOS throttles performance to keep the phone working when the battery isn’t tip top.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
I have an iPhone. Never had a Samsung. I've never experienced the issues  Apple haters claim to have. I have no loyalty to a phone brand, but between me, my wife and our kids, everyone has apple products (laptops, iPads, iPhones) so we just stay within the same ecosystem. I'm sure the Galaxy phones are great, and in the end there is really little to no difference between the brands. It's a fucking phone.
View Quote

This is where I'm at. I've been an iPhone user for at least 10 years, before that I used a Blackberry. I have no experience with android so I can't speak to that.

I've been using an iPhone 12 for a couple of years now and have no complaints. It does what I want it to and I've had no problems with speech-to-text nor the alarm feature and I use both frequently. Takes great pictures and has decent battery life. I don't play games on it nor watch videos, just read emails and post on arfcom. I keep it in an Otterbox and have dropped it numerous times with no damage.

I have a bad habit of resting it on my lap while driving and have dropped it getting out of my truck numerous times. I unknowingly  dropped it in the road one day when I got out of the truck to rescue a turtle crossing the road. Noticed it missing hours later and couldn't figure where I left it. Looked it up on Life360 on my wife's phone and it led me straight to it, laying it on the side of the road. The case had substantial road rash and the screen protector was scratched up but the phone was still working. When I got home I removed the case to find multiple cracks in the screen but no damage to the back glass.

90 bucks for a new screen and $40 for a new Otterbox and the phone works like new. I am convinced my phone was ran over by a car since I dropped it more or less in the middle of the road and picked it up on the side of the road.

In the end use what you want. I'll stick with my iPhone.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Photos, videos, documents, etc...  And I don't HAVE MacOS devices.  As I said, I have PCs.
View Quote

iTunes for Windows.  free.  you'll need to authenticate iTunes with your Apple ID then all should be good.  

winblows still has iTunes to manage this stuff, on macOS they integrated all the functions of iTunes into the Finder (file/folder browser like Explorer on winblows), Music, Photos, TV, etc.  iTunes as an app on macOS is no more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
I abandoned Apple phones a very long time ago as they were basically made entirely of glass and to delicate / expensive to serve as a reliable critical device that often saw rugged, or careless handling. I lost count of the I phones Iv seen with broken / shattered glass blacks, screens, etc. seriously, who the fuck makes a fucking phone entirely out of glass ? I want a cell phone manufactured out of the 1980s plastic they made dial phones out of that was unbreakable, or old Nokia built cell phones. I’m paying $500 - $1000 for a pocket telephone / computer, I want the damn thing to last forever , survive being dropped on concrete, brick, dirt, getting rained on, splashed, puked on, shaken, rattled, etc. because $500-$1000 is a lot of fucking money to me, and to 99% of the planet and very difficult to replace a $500-$1000 critical device , so I want it to look decent, and be TOUGH.  Who the fuck makes such a device intended for average people out of Fucking glass.

I love android phones, my favorites are the tough versions that are already ruggidized / water / shock resistant to begin with, then add a case which makes them even tougher. I can honestly say Iv never broken one,or had one fail and I abuse the shit out of them, hauling them in wet, dusty, hot, cold, rattling around on utv dash / tractor tool basket, etc.
View Quote

THIS

However Samsung phones made in the last 5 years are iPhone clones, also made entirely out of glass. They had that curved edge "feature" which made them even more fragile. It's built-in expiration date. Sooner or later, you WILL drop one.

I have Doogie V Max, it's a phone with an oversized battery which runs for days and is rugged.

The other big problem with iPhone is they are locked to use only apple software. I like large keyboards, easy to find in the Android store, but the app store in iPhones is pretty limited. It has nowhere near the variety of Android keyboards. their stock keyboard really sucks.

Android is so much easier to customize to the Nth degree.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

uh, by living it.

I've been in meetings several times where people expressed irritation cause nobody had a lightning cable and I could just power my phone off my laptop charger. IPhone's coming around though, newest models are USB-C.

View Quote

any professional who doesn't travel with spare cables/chargers needs a head check.  

single point of failure that will cause comms to cease when the battery runs down?  how much do they cost?  shit, I must have three or four brand new cables in the packaging with me any given day.  $7 each from OWC for Lightning.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: racer765] [#11]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:

I think I have old info.  APPARITION says he’s syncing photos on Windows without iTunes.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a personal Windows machine to try it out.
View Quote

you can sync photos using the m$ Photos app with an iPhone on winblows 10/11, saw it wif my own eyez.

I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#12]

It's all fun and games until you get locked out of doing updates on your iPhone, like what happened to my wife (see reply #10 on this page.)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:

I worked in IT for almost 30 years. We used iPhones because they were easy to support. I have zero desire to wast my time supporting an android phone. iPhones simply work. Sure you do updates but they are easy to do....

It's all fun and games until you get locked out of doing updates on your iPhone, like what happened to my wife (see reply #10 on this page.)

Store your password in multiple places.

Be an adult about it. This stuff not that hard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:
Google Pixel or OnePlus

Galaxy phones are garbage. Samsung One UI is straight trash.
View Quote

This

I recently switched from an older OnePlus to a Google Pixel 8 Pro and I'm very happy. Google tends to discount their phones a lot more than Apple does. I also like the ability to customize things a bit more on Android. In iOS it's more their way or the highway.

Whenever I use my wife's iPhone I think the UI is trash.

If you don't need the latest and greatest places like Woot will sell previous gen phones at a good discount.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Android superior race checking in. My buddies all use iPhones and cannot give me a reason to switch sides. Sort of getting tired of hearing their problems actually.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Opposite experience here.

The OS update for my iPhone 14 totally sucks... I'll have to kick it off at least a half dozen times before anything actually happens.  Then I have to constantly monitor it since they're too fucking stupid to not let the screen sleep interrupt the update half the time even when it's plugged in (mandated screen sleep can't change it).

Usually my Galaxy wants to update at annoying times, but it has always worked until now... I know I cursed myself with that statement.

TL/DR: Both platforms are complex tech devices not free from issues.
View Quote
@Gator

There is something wrong with your install.
reset all settings and if that does not correct it, restore.

Screen sleep absolutely does not effect update download.

My wife's previous husband died years before that feature was available.  But thanks for the information.

ETA we had no problem getting data off of the old phone.  The issue was that whenever we tried to do anything that required elevated privileges, like updating apps or the OS, the phone kept prompting for the deceased man's password for his Apple ID.  Neither Apple nor our pricey consultant could get around that.
View Quote
@California_Kid

Your wife (no offense to her) either did not understand what was required or asked the wrong question.

There absolutely is a way for Apple to transfer ownership of the AppleID/ICloud account from her husband that's passed to her.
They will need more than just the death certificate, but they can and will do it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Steel-Driver-76:
I've gone back and forth several times between iOS and Android and these are my observations:

1.  Apple's hardware is superior - better reception, more resilient batter, generally longer-lasting phone (note: I used Google Nexus/Pixel phones almost exclusively; maybe Samsung or someone else is better)
2.  Android is slightly better - more freedom, less retarded requirements (no iTunes just to put mp3s on the phone).
3.  I only like "pure" Android; the Samsung, Asus, LG, Whatever "add-ons" and "customizations" to Android suck
4.  Apple's stuff is overpriced (well, they all are, but Apple seems more expensive; again, relative to Google Nexus/Pixel; maybe Samsung is just as costly as Apple)
View Quote

One of the big reasons for that price is the amount of time and money Apple spends on supporting old devices.  I don’t think any android device manufacturers support their hardware as long as Apple supports theirs.  Samsung promises security updates for 4 years and OS support for 3 years.  Apple is 7 years.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
@Gator

There is something wrong with your install.
reset all settings and if that does not correct it, restore.

Screen sleep absolutely does not effect update download.
@California_Kid

Your wife (no offense to her) either did not understand what was required or asked the wrong question.

There absolutely is a way for Apple to transfer ownership of the AppleID/ICloud account from her husband that's passed to her.
They will need more than just the death certificate, but they can and will do it.
View Quote

The issue is moot now.  She has new hardware, all of her data, and control over her own account (plus it's all backed up).
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]

The issue is moot now.  She has new hardware, all of her data, and control over her own account (plus it's all backed up).
View Quote
Does she have all the photos, documents and other things in iCloud?

the device is one thing. The account is something all together.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Loonytik:

You could do all of that with Android....10 years ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
The only time my alarm hasn’t worked has been my fault.

I only want to turn my phone on and use it with the least amount of steps possible.

iPhone and Apple does that better than anyone.

Plus I can move from my phone to iPad to Mac work computer to Mac home computer to Mac book completely seamlessly. Plus can text from computer on airplane.

No amount of features would ever make me lose all of that.

Plus I can walk into an Apple store and tell them to fix whatever the issue is and walk out with it fixed.

You can’t do that with android now without logging into various things.

You also can’t text from your PC.

There is no android store with techs in house.

There is no android business center with reps and classes

I know you are very emotionally invested in which phone people use, but it’s not important enough to overly hype the stuff you like.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: California_Kid] [#20]

View All Quotes

She wasn't keeping anything in iCloud other than some contacts.  We got all of those.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I only want to turn my phone on and use it with the least amount of steps possible.

Plus I can move from my phone to iPad to Mac work computer to Mac home computer to Mac book completely seamlessly. Plus can text from computer on airplane.

Plus I can walk into an Apple store and tell them to fix whatever the issue is and walk out with it fixed.

Do you mean you can't do it without your phone being present?  Because you can hook your phone up to your PC and text using the PC's keyboard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#22]

She wasn't keeping anything in iCloud other than some contacts.  We got all of those.
View Quote
As long as she's got all his old data then all is well.
just didn't want her losing anything he might have had.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By olyman:
Android superior race checking in. My buddies all use iPhones and cannot give me a reason to switch sides. Sort of getting tired of hearing their problems actually.
View Quote

Weird. I’ve never ever discussed what phone system anyone in my life uses outside of GD.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Do you mean you can't do it without your phone being present?  Because you can hook your phone up to your PC and text using the PC's keyboard.
View All Quotes

Yes sorry. Without your phone being present. I can turn my phone off on an airplane and text from my Mac. Or from my iPad. It’s all the same.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:

The only time I experience this is when I have the phone switched to silent mode or the volume turned all the way down.

This is starting to sound like an ID10T error...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:
Originally Posted By WhenWolf:

dude i can't begin to explain how many times i've woken up to the screen ON with the alarm flashing, but no noise coming out of the phone.

The only time I experience this is when I have the phone switched to silent mode or the volume turned all the way down.

This is starting to sound like an ID10T error...

It's neither of those things, it'll work perfectly fine for weeks and then once or twice a month it happens... I never change the volume/ringer settings , ever. Haven't touched any of those settings in over 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Struggles to use the alarm on an iOS device.

Thinks switching to an Android device where the biggest claimed benefit is the ability to reprogram half the shit in the OS will somehow make life easier.

Seems well thought out.
View Quote

i've been using computers since the age you knew how to walk.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Yes sorry. Without your phone being present. I can turn my phone off on an airplane and text from my Mac. Or from my iPad. It’s all the same.
View All Quotes

Yeah, it's great if you're willing to commit to a whole Apple ecosystem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:
Who do you trust more, Apple or Google...?
View Quote

fantastic question
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Opposite experience here.

The OS update for my iPhone 14 totally sucks... I'll have to kick it off at least a half dozen times before anything actually happens.  Then I have to constantly monitor it since they're too fucking stupid to not let the screen sleep interrupt the update half the time even when it's plugged in (mandated screen sleep can't change it).

Usually my Galaxy wants to update at annoying times, but it has always worked until now... I know I cursed myself with that statement.

TL/DR: Both platforms are complex tech devices not free from issues.
View Quote

as a current 14 user i feel this
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]

It's neither of those things, it'll work perfectly fine for weeks and then once or twice a month it happens... I never change the volume/ringer settings , ever. Haven't touched any of those settings in over 2 years.
View Quote
When was the last time you restarted that phone?

don't take this the wrong way, but I'm getting a feeling there's more to this story. Are you seeing any other oddities?

go in and reset all settings and then double check the settings are how you want them.

is the software up to date or are you not doing updates? Are you getting all your other sounds?

and maybe should have asked this first.. what alarm? A custom alarm or the sleep alarm set in the health/ "wake me" settings?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#31]

don't take this the wrong way, but I'm getting a feeling there's more to this story. Are you seeing any other oddities?

go in and reset all settings and then double check the settings are how you want them.

is the software up to date or are you not doing updates? Are you getting all your other sounds?

and maybe should have asked this first.. what alarm? A custom alarm or the sleep alarm set in the health/ "wake me" settings?
View All Quotes

So i've basically tried everything including reaching out to apple where they proceeded to look at me like i had three heads,
Software is up to date, besides normal apple things, nothing else bugs out. I only use the built in clock app for my alarm. Funny enough, I've had this issue happen to me on just about all of my previous IPhones... It's just gotten worse somehow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I've used both pretty extensively, and like "PC vs Apple" debates, the people who are the most fervent in their opinion one way or the other lack knowledge about the competition.  They both have their upsides and downsides, but both mostly work fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#33]

So i've basically tried everything including reaching out to apple where they proceeded to look at me like i had three heads,
Software is up to date, besides normal apple things, nothing else bugs out. I only use the built in clock app for my alarm. Funny enough, I've had this issue happen to me on just about all of my previous IPhones... It's just gotten worse somehow.
View Quote
Then follow the advice above and reset the settings.
I'd also be willing to bet you set this phone up from a backup from a previous phone.. and likely that phone set up from a back up of the phone before it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#34]
I use an Iphone and Ipad for work but will keep using Android for my personal. I just find Android to be a lot more intiuitive.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd also be willing to bet you set this phone up from a backup from a previous phone.. and likely that phone set up from a back up of the phone before it.
View All Quotes

you're totally right, backups on backups, on backups...
Not like I ever cared to backup the damn thing (as if you're given a choice), but i assume issues just keep transferring from phone to phone.
It's so cool, I can upgrade to a new IPhone and get to keep all the same broken old features from my old phone!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#36]

you're totally right, backups on backups, on backups...
Not like I ever cared to backup the damn thing (as if you're given a choice), but i assume issues just keep transferring from phone to phone.
It's so cool, I can upgrade to a new IPhone and get to keep all the same broken old features from my old phone!!!
View Quote
You've got a corrupted settings file. Reset all settings ( it does not erase anything) and then make sure your settings are set to your preference.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I've always used android, wife and son both have iPhones.  The lack of a micro SD card slot has always been a turn off for me on Apple, but it looks like android has pretty much gone the same way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#38]
You've got a corrupted settings file. Reset all settings ( it does not erase anything) and then make sure your settings are set to your preference.
View Quote

yessir
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Nope not the user at all.  Definitely the phone’s fault
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I have both.  Prefer iPhone for personal use.  Android is OK, but be prepared for needing more IT support with it, and needing to replace it sooner, if you use it hard and over multiple apps/programs/software updates.  My work phone is android.  Business pays for the support/apps/programs, but the business is more pc compatible, like most are, which makes sense to stick with android as pc requires more support than mac, anyway.  Sort of a microsoft model to keep businesses and lowest common denominator ongoing…revenue streams for IT/microsoft/google, etc.
View Quote

what support do you get for your phone?
is this calling someone to help you use it or set something up, or software updates not going through?
or are you talking about being able to walk into a retail apple store to get the physical thing fixed?
i've bought three phones in the past ten years - all android.....a oneplus, and two moto g power (the cheapest phone available from google on their plan, $50)
my phone has has a cracked screen for the past two months - right at the top corner. i could replace the phone overnight for $50, but it works fine still.

i'm just confused by all the talk about needing support for a phone
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]
My work phone is an iPhone. For personal I chose android.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#42]

yessir
View All Quotes

yessir

Listen to him - he works for Apple in some capacity
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jm0502] [#43]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
Skeptical
View Quote

My GF has had the same thing happen to her.

Just looked at an apple help forum, and lots of people are having it happen to them recently
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Carried both android and apple together for two years (personal and work). I bought an Apple for personal use last month.
They both do what is needed... Pick one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I think it was 2008 when the company handed me my first iPhone and have never felt the need to change.

Apple does an amazing job of hooking you.

I’m the owner now and think I’m 8-10 different devices in.

They make it too easy to switch between devices.

Plus I’m not tech savvy at all and Apple is built for people like that, in my opinion

I don’t want to think about where to listen to podcasts or music. I’m cool with just clicking on whatever Apple has and using it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I started with an iPhone in 2007, in early 2010 went to Android and stayed there until late '22.

I like iOS and the Apple ecosystem and the family stuff. My fiancée and her kid use it, so we're all in a family plan now. I've got two iPads and a Mac and the integration is really good.

If you're not in the ecosystem like that, Android has equivalents. They've got good phones and not-so-good phones. Samsung is good, but they load it up with Samsung stuff. The Pixels are good with really great cameras.

Some details are a little different. Android app settings are mostly in the app, not in the Settings app like Apple. Most things are very similar. The learning curve should be pretty quick if you're not a 70+ year old fudd.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TexasOutdoorsman:

what support do you get for your phone?
is this calling someone to help you use it or set something up, or software updates not going through?
or are you talking about being able to walk into a retail apple store to get the physical thing fixed?
i've bought three phones in the past ten years - all android.....a oneplus, and two moto g power (the cheapest phone available from google on their plan, $50)
my phone has has a cracked screen for the past two months - right at the top corner. i could replace the phone overnight for $50, but it works fine still.

i'm just confused by all the talk about needing support for a phone
View Quote

When you use a phone for more than just personal use, i.e. corporate apps, ms office/outlook, etc. and use it a lot, you will need IT support for it.  And using pc based business products will cause more issues, as they tend to be hacked more/need security updates more than non pc based.  Until pc based is not the most common product, and android not as open/susceptible to attacks/malware, there is a higher requirement for IT support.  It is the nature of business, which most personal users may not really need, but sadly android is lacking versus ios, still to this day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Android phones are trash. I feel like I need a shower anytime I’m forced to use one, filthy things.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Switch, but it WILL BE a learning curve as they are VERY different, so be patient.
Apple is the best because they work seemlessly with other Apple products and it is awesome.
However, one major reason, IMHO, is just to NOT be one of the sheeple who are saddled with expensive, proprietary products and, by and large, an elitist attitude about non-Apple products (probably because you paid out the arse for all of it).
I worked at Staples in the Copy and Print dept, and I secretly found joy when an Apple user couldn't email me an important document to print off (no one seems to be self-sufficient enough to have their own printers these days). They'd send it and it looked like this:
Did you get it?
Nope; not here.
(waiting)
Now?
Shaking my head no as I work on other projects
OK. I'll send again
Did you get that one?
No. (after their growing irritation and knowing full well Apple's arrogance keeps iPad/Mac Books from including the ubiqitous USB port in their products), I'd say, "You can put it on this (hoilding up a USB and smiling as though I had th solution to their woes)
I don't have a USB port.
Hmmmm I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you; I'm surprised because USBs are universal.

Then they'd suffle off all irritated.

Also, I loved when I wored in the Tech dept and Apple users would arrogantly and confidently look down their nose and tell me, "Apples don't get viruses." Yes, you poor sod, they do. Not common, but they do. And when you do, YOU get to take the day off to go to the nearest Apple store, (1- 1.5 hrs away from where I live), to get it worked on and hopefully they can solve it while you wait, or you get to come back- such great news! For PC users if you have a good anti-virus program (not the shit free ones), viruses are not common either. Recipe sites, not porn sites, were the worst for getting viruses, TBH. For this, Staples offers free support with their protection plan. You get free clean up and malware support, and 24hr phone support if you can't get to the store, AND if you spill coffee into your laptop, then take it to the street and run over it with your car, they'll replace it for free (yes, we had a customer do this very thing). I don't think Apple offers that.

SWITCH. Free yourself from the shackles of Apple, man!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone use Consumner Cellular for their service, looking to cut down costs !
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top