Originally Posted By BoneB1B:
That should probably pump up the recruiting numbers

Was going to post that

+1
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
I was recently at a multi-service event and the amount of enlisted I spoke to who were all getting out was unreal.  Probably 75% of them from E6 to E4 with anywhere from 4 to 10 years TIS were either in the process of ETS'ing or getting ready to start.  

The senior enlisted people said it was a massive problem and they saw no light at the end of the tunnel.  The worst example was an E6 with 14 years, said he couldn't take it anymore.  Damn, 14 years down the drain.

But don't worry, thigs are going swell and our people are being well cared for

Barksdale Air Force Base Closes Dining Hall Due to 'Pest Control Issue'

Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana closed its sole dining hall as it deals with an ongoing pest issue, and it will remain unavailable to airmen until the issue is resolved, according to the base.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/435250694_753370706924541_6715649621850034368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=HI3fSYyteRwAb65SN3f&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfDMKG_gWu__4GKVivvx04Lqe2jqfGiDppo1-5JFjDvbUw&oe=662C7247

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/435203921_753370903591188_366614118634666644_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=xplkmWXTwIEAb4BXH01&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfB8ErpzuaB7tiKts_Ua6Y_yB3zmmBdiBrKyB7quV-a9-A&oe=662C563D

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/435189926_753370876924524_6295244979096885056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=HfUcxcDI94UAb5frp8a&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfDf4HMZAR-UcK_Fc72aHGVeah5R65fYSNjEFAfhqKerkw&oe=662C3C7F
View Quote

Clearly you are unaware of the time honored method of meat preservation practiced by armies world wide since the time of alexander the great, called "on the hoof" wherein animals were kept alive and herded behind the army as a source of supply...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It wasn't that long ago that the "don't ask, don't tell" policy seemed generous.

I'm convinced the military doesn't want to recruit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

TPNI.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Article tells you exactly who. Name and where from.

Thomas Wheatley, an assistant professor at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
View Quote
What qualifies him as an expert? That dude could be some random Logistics or MI branched Captain. Even if he was a JAG I wouldn't call him an expert.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
In before someone says you are all quitters that get out and surrender the institution to the leftists.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#7]
wtf...wrong thread!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
What qualifies him as an expert? That dude could be some random Logistics or MI branched Captain. Even if he was a JAG I wouldn't call him an expert.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thomas Wheatley, an assistant professor at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Read for yourself.  https://www.westpoint.edu/law/profile/thomas_wheatley
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dumak:
Living in clown world isn't enough.

You will be forced to participate in clown world.
View Quote
No, the recruiting problem just got way worse.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Genuinely feel bad for the people that sacrificed so much, just to watch the country and institutions like the military fall

I never had any skin in the game and I feel betrayed. Can't imagine how those who gave almost everything feel. Even more so when the pensions stop cashing

Further underscores why it's important not to place the core of your identity into man-made institutions, because you will inevitably be disappointed. Faith, family and friends uber alles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: savoy3] [#11]
Call everyone Dick or Hero.
Or...Keep the mentally ill out of the service altogether, and boot out those that express mentally ill thoughts like normalizing Trans behavior.  Bring bak hazing
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
If Trumps wins I hope on day three he walks into the Pentagon and says "To all you woke fucks, get the fuck out now or be thrown out!" He needs to have ever every pride flag, trans BS, and every computer file, and piece of paper that promotes or supports this BS destroyed. He needs to address the nation that night from the Oval Office and tell America and our troops our military is not some grand social experiment but a fighting force there to defend the United States of America.

Day one is undoing all of Biden's EO.
Day two is shutting down the border.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote
That means I know some of his OBC classmates. Still doesn't make him an expert.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NewUsername:
In before someone says you are all quitters that get out and surrender the institution to the leftists.
View Quote

Wait. So the military was always a leftist stronghold? Is that your argument?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#15]
So, how is that recruitment, reenlistment going..?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#16]
My Dad was in a B-24 in 1944-45. He'd be sick to his stomach if he were here today. He'd also being jumping up MY ass for not stopping this insanity. I have no idea how, as an aging civilian, to stop this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By weapons_free:
thats one ugly looking dude
View Quote
Thats ma'am!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

Okay.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Stop putting your kids in their system.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#20]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
If Trumps wins I hope on day three he walks into the Pentagon and says "To all you woke fucks, get the fuck out now or be thrown out!" He needs to have ever every pride flag, trans BS, and every computer file, and piece of paper that promotes or supports this BS destroyed. He needs to address the nation that night from the Oval Office and tell America and our troops our military is not some grand social experiment but a fighting force there to defend the United States of America.

Day one is undoing all of Biden's EO.
Day two is shutting down the border.  
View Quote

Trump's not gonna save you lol

At best he's a speed bump
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#21]
5 1/2 years to retirement...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Precedent was created with Covid vaccines, which still are being voluntold onto those in the military without airtight exemptions regardless of the law Congress passed and Biden signed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Not sure why so many people here deny the military is going woke and still think it's a legitimate option for their kids or others.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]
There will come a time when we will all have to stand against the evil that our government has become.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ozgur:
There will come a time when we will all have to stand against the evil that our government has become.
View Quote

Someone else will do it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Remember whey the military's job was protecting the country, and not fringe whackos?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mattellis2:
I need about 30 more years in a rural, quiet farm area where things are still relatively normal.  

Am I going to make it?
View Quote

They're not making more rural land and prices will never be lower than they are today.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Progressivism and wokeism will hollow out your military and wear its skin like a trophy...

deliberately misquoted...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#30]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Not sure why so many people here deny the military is going woke and still think it's a legitimate option for their kids or others.

View Quote

4 years and 100% disabled for PTSD anxiety depression etc due to someone hurting his feelings ... Any kid would be grateful for this
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

4 years and 100% disabled for PTSD due to someone hurting his feelings ... Any kid would be grateful for this
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

4 years and 100% disabled for PTSD due to someone hurting his feelings ... Any kid would be grateful for this

Doing anything other than combat arms is retarded. Learn some stuff. Then come back and teach the homies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gator:

I'm starting to think that this is according to plan, it's a plan to completely destabilize us so that some chaos ensues and then they can finally toss that pesky Constitution aside for real power.
View Quote

That seems to be a very plausible conclusion.  

I think that Team Obama/Biden/whoever has made it clear that they want the US to have the same power on the world stage as a country such as Germany or the UK.   Given our current government structure and foundation, the only way that will happen is to:

1.   destroy our economic power so that we are no stronger than any other country
2.   neuter our military so it resembles that of Germany, UK, et. al.
3.   "revise" the principles upon which our government is based (i.e. create a new constitution)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#33]
All of these people can suck on my balls.

No wait...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Their destruction of the military is nearing completion.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Gaslighting early today
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
417 days left to retirement.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dumak:
Living in clown world isn't enough.

You will be forced to participate in clown world.
View Quote

“Johnson go to Supply”

“Johnson left”

“SSgt Johnson isn’t here”

See no pronouns.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't recall the subject ever coming up during my TOD in the early 80's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:50:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fssf158] [#39]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
As of a couple weeks ago the Army is saying all soldiers sex is what is reflected in DEERS. It does not matter how they identify per JAG. Apparently there is a process to change sex in the DEERS system but I don’t think anyone has been successful….YET. Probably just a matter of time though.
View Quote

I have met at least one who did it.  Man pretending to be a woman, still with OEM male components.

ETA:  On the rare occasion that it was necessary for me to refer to this individual I stuck to rank and last name.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#40]
That FPNI thing again.

The world's greatest military defeated without firing a shot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Gonna purge the ranks even more, huh?

Sorry. I hide behind biology and free speech.  Feel free to kick me out,  I make a lot more outside the Reserves.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kychas:
“The worst example was an E6 with 14 years, said he couldn't take it anymore.  Damn, 14 years down the drain.”

He can just go reserve or guard for 6 years and get retirement at 65. And still get tricare for that 6 years

View Quote

And still subject himself to the UCMJ for those 6 years.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Zelenskyy will save us in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#44]
You must love Big Brother. It is not enough to obey him: you must love him.

Yet, when these kind of things happen with the U.S. Armed Forces the GOP reps will make their little sound bites for social and mass media consumption only to vote for full funding without amendment of any defense allocation.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#45]
On further news Ukraine is admitting that Russia will be making offensive gains over the next several months.

Good thing the USA is focused on a sound global strategy.

Question: is there a chance that much of NATO and EU anti Russian naritive is based around simply removing options for their slaves to escape to in the future.

Once DEI and Woke are running the West would Russia be an option for people looking for just a bit more ecconomic freedom?

Russia may well be a villian but villians do come in different flavors.
Do I want the villian that wants to castrate my sons or the villian that wants to subjugate East Europe?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#46]
I'm not even surprised seeing that forced vax video thingy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By just-mike:
But who is gonna fly those F16's and launch nukes at the MAGAs?
View Quote

ATF and FBI don't seem to be having any recruitment problems. A good dental plan and a pension...getting to strap on firearms....lots of bearded guys with full sleeve tats don't seem to be ethically picky these days.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#48]
All of this needs to be burned down.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

He certainly has impressive academic credentials
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top