Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#1]
Dozens doesn't have the same ring to it as 69.

Any other numbers under 200 would have been stated in the headline.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a believer that if you can reasonably pass the roadside field sobriety test then you aren't DWI.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
The hits just keep rolling in.  

Oh sure, it's only a few bad apples here and there, certainly it couldn't just be the WHOLE FUCKING INDUSTRY is corrupt!
View Quote

99% of cops give 1% of good cops a bad name.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
They picked a bad example in the article:

She asked him to take a field sobriety test.

He declined and the high school senior was cuffed and taken to the Pearl City substation.
View Quote
I think it's pretty much guaranteed you're taking a ride if you refuse a sobriety test.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

A car can smell like alcohol and the person not be drunk. Don’t be so quick to feel for all the poor souls in the article. I know acab and apples or whatever nonsense you’re programmed to say but DUID is a thing. So are people who smell like alcohol and an arrest will take so long they’re under the legal limit by the time they hit booking and finish a test. A DUI can last hours.  Especially if it’s an accident (and many are) and the suspect needs to go to the hospital first. Or it’s too much to write a warrant. A DUI investigation can be manpower intensive for a simple misdemeanor. And an arrest simply solves the problem without prosecution. It’s not ideal but staffing is what it is these days. Lawyers have made DUIs some of the most complicated trials. An aggravated assault or robbery is an easier case.

I’m sure these simple reasonable explanations will now be completely dismissed. Carry on.
View Quote

Sure, sure. You sound like part of the problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

When I read this story I thought to myself “There’s no way someone can try to defend this.”  Way to simultaneously exceed and completely miss expectations.
View Quote

That’s because you know fuck all about DUI enforcement and being a cop, have your own preconceived notions based on erroneous information and are too close minded to believe anything that doesn’t conform to the beliefs that have been given to you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
This "haole" will never spend a dime in or on a Hawaiian product. I will not go back to Hawaii after the last time. I guessing it was some fat Samoan, or fat Hawaiian threatened me to vacate or get beat. Most of the native Hawaiian culture is just like the most fervent liberal give me what im owed.  Oh also Gun control in Hawaii, you better not be able to defend yourself against a 300 lb, 70 IQ moron you will take that lesson haole.

I will honestly say I did a shore dive on Maui and walked through some old school natives living in the woods. (Early to Mid 1990's)  they were cool and didnt fuck with my shit on the beach. This was when Dole grew most of their pineapple on Maui. Dole is no longer growing Pineapples in Maui.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Clemson_John:

I think it's pretty much guaranteed you're taking a ride if you refuse a sobriety test.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Clemson_John:

She asked him to take a field sobriety test.

He declined and the high school senior was cuffed and taken to the Pearl City substation.

I believe a refusal to test in the State of FL is an automatic revocation of your license for a period of time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#9]
“I pulled you over because you were swerving,”

This is part of the reason why i got a dashcam.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By C-4:

So the 80% of cases that were declined for prosecution had clean urine drug screens?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C-4:
They’re called drugs.

So the 80% of cases that were declined for prosecution had clean urine drug screens?

No the prosecutor there is likely a soros puppet, is protecting their trial rates or empathizes with criminals.

Maybe all three.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Sure, sure. You sound like part of the problem.
View Quote

Well tell me about your DUI experiences then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:07:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#12]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:

100% of cops give 0% of good cops a bad name.
View Quote

Fixed

(I think?)
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#13]
They’re called drugs.
View Quote

Dur.... It's drugs.... It's gotta be drugs....

Durrrr..... Drugs .... Drugs....

Mmmm...... Drugs....

That's the nicest way of speaking to you, I have nothing nice to say....
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:

Yeah.  If literally anyone in the private sector fucked up 80% of the time, you can guess what would happen in short order.

Must be nice to work for .gov and the bar is so low you'd have to be flat out literally criminal, and prosecutable at the the level you work at, to get fired.
View Quote

Even then just file an EO complaint and no one is touching that BS....
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StarJumper:

Mmmm...... Drugs....

View All Quotes
They’re called drugs.

Mmmm...... Drugs....

I mean if that’s all your brain can muster up I’m proud of you just being able to type it out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Mmmm...... Drugs....

View Quote

This is true.

In fact if you look at the states that have legalized cannabis, Hawaii included, DUI's involving cannabis have dropped.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#17]
4 or 5 ex girlfriends ago was a bar tender and she sucked at driving and did the drunk dance at least 3 times before we broke up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SigSauerLover:
“I do detect the odor of alcohol.”
View Quote

That is the move of CSP and local sheriff deputys.

You roll down your window - 'I smell marijuana/alchohol/drugs'....out of the car.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I had a few, no one was less than double the limit back in the .10 days. The car can smell like a drunk driver, lol.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Heuristic:

That is the move of CSP and local sheriff deputys.

You roll down your window - 'I smell marijuana/alchohol/drugs'....out of the car.
View Quote

Ugh, how many times has it happened to you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#21]
Had a friend/coworker 35 years back that was epileptic.  He could not drink.  Young guy, so he still hung out with friends that partied and drank.  

At a party one night. Gets a drink spilled on him.  Smelled like he was drinking. He wasn’t. Had a seizure on the way home and blacked out.  Got woke up when the SC State Troopers were dragging him out of the car and beating his ass.  He had one hell of a shiner and bruised up face.  

They protected and served the shit out of him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#22]

I mean if that’s all your brain can muster up I’m proud of you just being able to type it out.
View Quote

...and I'm surprised you came up with something other than....

Durrrr drugs,....
Durrrr drugs....
Durrrr..... You don't know what it's like being a shit bag cop..... Durrrr .....
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrSutton] [#23]
HPD....Anyone who's had to suffer with the displeasure of living in Hawaii knows how dirty HPD is, Banana Republic levels
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Durrrr drugs,....
Durrrr drugs....
Durrrr..... You don't know what it's like being a shit bag cop..... Durrrr .....
View All Quotes

Durrrr drugs,....
Durrrr drugs....

You seem really triggered by the drug comment. Tell us about your experience with them. Be specific. When was your last arrest?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]

A car can smell like alcohol and the person not be drunk. Don’t be so quick to feel for all the poor souls in the article. I know acab and apples or whatever nonsense you’re programmed to say but DUID is a thing. So are people who smell like alcohol and an arrest will take so long they’re under the legal limit by the time they hit booking and finish a test. A DUI can last hours.  Especially if it’s an accident (and many are) and the suspect needs to go to the hospital first. Or it’s too much to write a warrant. A DUI investigation can be manpower intensive for a simple misdemeanor. And an arrest simply solves the problem without prosecution. It’s not ideal but staffing is what it is these days. Lawyers have made DUIs some of the most complicated trials. An aggravated assault or robbery is an easier case.

I’m sure these simple reasonable explanations will now be completely dismissed. Carry on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
They’re called drugs.

Body camera video shows the officer told Fepuleai, “I do detect the odor of alcohol.” Fepuleai told the officer that he does not drink at all, and agreed to do the field sobriety tests, including the breath test. Fepuleai blew 0.00 at the scene.

The officer used the smell of alcohol as probable cause to get Fepuleai out of the car.

They are called liars.

“When I was a policeman, I never had anybody blow triple zeros,” said Jonathan Burge, a former HPD officer who is now a defense attorney specializing in traffic cases.

Burge said the department puts pressure on officers to make drunk driving arrests, “especially if you’re in these specialized units, where there is an unwritten quota.”
Roy

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#26]

I had a few, no one was less than double the limit back in the .10 days. The car can smell like a drunk driver, lol.
View All Quotes

Thank you for sharing your story.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#27]
The forced blood draws around here are almost always in .15 to .25% range. You have to be real shit faced to get cuffed and stuffed around here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#28]

You seem really triggered by the drug comment. Tell us about your experience with them. Be specific. When was your last arrest?
View Quote

You seem triggered by folks not liking cops who fish for charges. Be specific. When was the last time you falsely charged someone?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#29]

You seem triggered by folks not liking cops who fish for charges. Be specific. When was the last time you falsely charged someone?
View All Quotes

Never. There’s enough people doing stupid shit you don’t have to make things up. I also generally find people with low opinions of cops are usually on the wrong side of the law more often than not. You’re a good example of that for instance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I don't care what the car smells like, if they pass the tests then you have no reason to arrest them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#31]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Had a friend/coworker 35 years back that was epileptic.  He could not drink.  Young guy, so he still hung out with friends that partied and drank.  

At a party one night. Gets a drink spilled on him.  Smelled like he was drinking. He wasn’t. Had a seizure on the way home and blacked out.  Got woke up when the SC State Troopers were dragging him out of the car and beating his ass.  He had one hell of a shiner and bruised up face.  

They protected and served the shit out of him.
View Quote

I miss the days when epileptics could drive without restrictions.  Right to travel and all that.

Now "illegal seizure" means so much more with all the bad cops running around.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I lived in Honolulu back in the 90’s and was amazed at how incredibly corrupt HPD is. We lived with my wife’s cousin and were warned as soon as we got there to avoid local cops.

Meth was just hitting the island and HPD seemed to really like it. There were multiple arrests and convictions of Honolulu officers for dealing meth, but it seemed most of their arrests were for stealing tourists identities.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Aloha Spirit...
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

What person with a lick of sense would make "Durrrr....drugs", excuses for criminal, lying, shit bags other than someone who can relate to that kind of behavior?

Can you detail all the times you've railroaded, lied, schemed and cooked up some BS to railroad an innocent person since you seem to be sympathetic to this type of policing?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#35]

Where I work a DA will try to drop vehiclular manslaughter charges because it might get the accused deported.

No shit.
View Quote

Manslaughter means they killed someone, and the DA let them go to do it again.

(And for the viewers at home, CAsoldier isn’t making this up, I have heard this from other LEO and attorneys in Cali)
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Never. There’s enough people doing stupid shit you don’t have to make things up. I also generally find people with low opinions of cops are usually on the wrong side of the law more often than not. You’re a good example of that for instance.
View Quote

I found working with them, that many cops have pretty low intelligence. You are a good example of this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Smash47:
The prosecutor should have to serve all that time combined and pay all those fines and court costs seized from his personal assets.

That's how you stop law abuse.
View Quote

Did you read the whole thing?  The prosecutor was declining 80% of their cases.  Their watch sergeant, chief and the individual officers need to be punished.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#38]

I found working with them, that many cops have pretty low intelligence. You are a good example of this.
View Quote

You have to work with *them* too?  Jesus
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

You have to work with *them* too?  Jesus
View Quote

Nope. I left and went to college, and found a better job.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#40]

What person with a lick of sense would make "Durrrr....drugs", excuses for criminal, lying, shit bags other than someone who can relate to that kind of behavior?

Can you detail all the times you've railroaded, lied, schemed and cooked up some BS to railroad an innocent person since you seem to be sympathetic to this type of policing?
View Quote

DUI laws, enforcement and prosecution is a complex subject. There’s plenty of reasons a person could be taken in for a DUI and blow zeros. They don’t just get let go and the officer may have to rely on observation or write a warrant for blood. Without that a DA likely will drop charges. That doesn’t mean the cop made stuff up or the person wasnt impaired. It just means that there’s not enough evidence for a slam dunk conviction. If you don’t understand that concept it’s not a failure of the person explaining it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#41]

Nope. I left and went to college, and found a better job.
View Quote

Amen.  What did you move on to?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

I’m sure with your shared experience you’re a beacon of good decision making rooted in intelligence.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Where I work a DA will try to drop vehiclular manslaughter charges because it might get the accused deported.

No shit.
View Quote

I've seen way worse.  Had a guy with pending Rape, Kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, and about 10 lesser charges, skipped bond, and PA wouldn't extradite him because he was illegal
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
There was another I remember from UT HP,  I'm on my phone and too lazy to look her up

ETA: Ok, looked her up (former) Corporal Lisa Steed and Trooper of the Year (she had over 750 DUI arrests)

Utah A.G.'s office settles lawsuit over DUI arrests of former Trooper Lisa Steed
View Quote

There was a deputy here around Birmingham about 24 or 25 years ago that was doing similar shenanigans on the interstate. He was setting records for DUI arrests and something similar to this happened and I believe many of them were thrown out
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Sure are some thin skinned LEOs out in the world.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Probably Kava
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#47]
"DRE"= Because we didn't have a ouija dog, and because I fucking said so!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarJumper] [#48]

DUI laws, enforcement and prosecution is a complex subject. There’s plenty of reasons a person could be taken in for a DUI and blow zeros. They don’t just get let go and the officer may have to rely on observation or write a warrant for blood. Without that a DA likely will drop charges. That doesn’t mean the cop made stuff up or the person wasnt impaired. It just means that there’s not enough evidence for a slam dunk conviction. If you don’t understand that concept it’s not a failure of the person explaining it.
View Quote

I will defer to your expertise in charging people who test negative for drugs and/or alcohol.

You hold yourself up as expert at charging people who pass all tests...

Again....  How many innocent people have you railroaded, since this seems to be an area in which you have lots of experience and expertise?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BLITZ999:
Got to fund those pensions some how.
View Quote

Take the word "pension" out of that sentence and replace it with "401k" and most of this bullshit would evaporate into thin air
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top