Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMiller:

Ugh I spent way too much time on this last time, I'm not going to do it again.

Go read this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/US-judge-receptive-to-Trump-documents-claims-in-warning-sign-for-prosecutors/5-2716722/?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:
Originally Posted By R0N:

Let’s get to the NARA issue. I believe it will have to go to the Supreme Court for final adjudication because the only ruling that could be us as precident at this time is that the ex POTUS gets to choose what is his and what is not his.

This is nonsense, there are multiple court rulings that make it very clear that the president doesn't just get to unilaterally choose what is personal. The law defines it and he is required to make his argument for how it complies with the law and the courts can judge whether they agree with him or not and he has to abide by their ruling.

Citations supporting assertion?

Go read this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/US-judge-receptive-to-Trump-documents-claims-in-warning-sign-for-prosecutors/5-2716722/?

Maybe you should spend some time with the DC Grand jury indictment.  News flash, Jack Smith's indictment is un redacted.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

I don’t believe there is a political solution to our problem. It’s going to take pain and suffering. I am not sure anyone is prepared for pain and suffering.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XxbatraiderxX:

Everything the president does relies on the bureacracy to comply. Granted, he could fire them and even that has limitations with rules and regs but this is Washington DC. Who would fill the jobs that he vacated? The same kind of people is the best you could hope for in DC.

The solution is complicated and will take YEARS beyond Trump to accomplish.

I don’t believe there is a political solution to our problem. It’s going to take pain and suffering. I am not sure anyone is prepared for pain and suffering.

Imagine where we would be if Hillary followed up after Obama is all I can say.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#3]
Reading the usual N_T'r thread sliding and it dawned on me... All this does is sharpen our ability to reason, debate and fight these narratives in the spaces outside of ARFCOM. Although somewhat painful, we learn the patterns, talking points, and concerted strategies of the left. Since our side is proven correct over 90% of the time, we also get constant reminders of past events that just reinforce our resolve in dealing with the topic at hand.

Makes it easier to understand how the left comes off as so dumb when you consider how gatekept places like DU are.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Imagine where we would be if Hillary followed up after Obama is all I can say.
View Quote

I can’t even. Hillary would have been a nightmare.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Go read this thread:

View All Quotes

Let’s get to the NARA issue. I believe it will have to go to the Supreme Court for final adjudication because the only ruling that could be us as precident at this time is that the ex POTUS gets to choose what is his and what is not his.

This is nonsense, there are multiple court rulings that make it very clear that the president doesn't just get to unilaterally choose what is personal. The law defines it and he is required to make his argument for how it complies with the law and the courts can judge whether they agree with him or not and he has to abide by their ruling.

Go read this thread:

You make assertions, you know where to look for them again.  
A link to a 37 page thread?  GTFO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I can actually respect that it’s intellectually honest to say Trump is not solution and the only solution is go full on accelerationist and collapse the system.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3one5] [#7]
This thread has made it incredibly easy to identify and ignore the DU plants on the site.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

Okay, and there is no penalty in the presidential records act.  

The burden of proof is on the government that Trump stole classified docs. Trump's defense is he declassified everything - he did it by executive order and by waving his hand and saying "this is declassified". Kash Patel has stated as much.  

And now we know the DOJ and NARA colluded in order to concoct a case in order to charge Trump.  It was rumored in media reports there was some kind of coordination going on behind the scenes that the DOJ wanted the Russian collusion docs back. They used NARA to file a complaint that Trump had classified docs. Then they used that to get the warrant to raid MAL and they took everything.  

Now we know that was true.

I think we are looking at a dismissal.
View All Quotes

The burden of proof is on the government that Trump stole classified docs. Trump's defense is he declassified everything - he did it by executive order and by waving his hand and saying "this is declassified". Kash Patel has stated as much.  

And now we know the DOJ and NARA colluded in order to concoct a case in order to charge Trump.  It was rumored in media reports there was some kind of coordination going on behind the scenes that the DOJ wanted the Russian collusion docs back. They used NARA to file a complaint that Trump had classified docs. Then they used that to get the warrant to raid MAL and they took everything.  

Where does he say that he said it out loud, and where is Patel's quote?

Trump said he said it in his mind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
There's going to be pain and suffering no matter where we go from here.  It's just about the only thing we can count on at this point.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#10]

View All Quotes

Go read this thread:

Yeah, like you would actually read links if I went and found them again... what a convenient response.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Everything the president does relies on the bureacracy to comply. Granted, he could fire them and even that has limitations with rules and regs but this is Washington DC. Who would fill the jobs that he vacated? The same kind of people is the best you could hope for in DC.

The solution is complicated and will take YEARS beyond Trump to accomplish.
View Quote
Having a group of random people doing their best rather than actively tearing shit up for the commie cause would be better.

You could LITERALLY pick random busloads of kids going to grade school and get better results.

I know you are just here to troll, but your must learn to be better at it, for all of our sake. Jeeze.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow a political appointee of the current administration, they probably know less about the subject than you do.
View Quote
Knowing less than me would be difficult. That's why I asked the -- still unanswered -- question "If the presidency automatically grants a Q clearance, then why wasn't it granted until February 9, 2017?  Shouldn't it have been granted on January 20, 2017?"
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#14]
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Knowing less than me would be difficult. That's why I asked the -- still unanswered -- question "If the presidency automatically grants a Q clearance, then why wasn't it granted until February 9, 2017?  Shouldn't it have been granted on January 20, 2017?"
View All Quotes
Wow a political appointee of the current administration, they probably know less about the subject than you do.

My guess would be typical bureaucratic administrative lethargy.  I assume it would be in effect once he is sworn in, but maybe they didn't get around to doing the paperwork for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

More than likely because there’s a lot of bureaucrats who believe they have to go through the process even if it’s a waste of time. Because if the process isn’t followed then there’s no need for their job.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Advance:
Reading the usual N_T'r thread sliding and it dawned on me... All this does is sharpen our ability to reason, debate and fight these narratives in the spaces outside of ARFCOM. Although somewhat painful, we learn the patterns, talking points, and concerted strategies of the left. Since our side is proven correct over 90% of the time, we also get constant reminders of past events that just reinforce our resolve in dealing with the topic at hand.

Makes it easier to understand how the left comes off as so dumb when you consider how gatekept places like DU are.
View Quote

I agree.  I am thankful to interact with those of differing viewpoints.  

The problem is that people forget or never hear the conclusion.  That is, there was no Trump/Russia conspiracy, the FISA warrants were abused, the Colorado Court really did get smacked down in a 9-0 decision, yet people continue to believe the opposite because once the story leaves the front page they never follow the story and their news sources don't explain what they got wrong.  

So, here we are.  The oral arguments were interesting today.  We'll see where the Supremes go with this, but there may be some immunity given to Mr. Trump.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#17]
More than likely because there’s a lot of bureaucrats who believe they have to go through the process even if it’s a waste of time. Because if the process isn’t followed then there’s no need for their job.
View Quote
Allegedly the process is "if President then clearance”. Even the DMV could figure out within a week whether or not Trump is President.

Then again it took two years after his clearance expired to update the database. Which implies really bad things about the DOE's handling of clearances.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Allegedly the process is "if President then clearance”. Even the DMV could figure out within a week whether or not Trump is President.

Then again it took two years after his clearance expired to update the database. Which implies really bad things about the DOE's handling of clearances.
View All Quotes

DOE is probably the worst at, I have an employee with a TS equivalence from DOE and I am still waiting almost a year for it to transfer to DoD.  

But It’s not just DOE, it’s Gov wide problem though.  The way I tell people, DoD is probably the best run of the Gov Department, and DoD sucks real bad.  

Think of it like a fortune 100 company, but no one can be fired and they don’t have to answer to their stock holders.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Allegedly the process is "if President then clearance”.
View All Quotes

The nominees of the major parties start receiving intelligence briefings before the election.

He is commander in chief of all military forces the second he's done with the oath.

That is the process.

The federal government's handling of just about anything related to record keeping and process is sclerotic and terrible.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

The nominees of the major parties start receiving intelligence briefings before the election.

He is commander in chief of all military forces the second he's done with the oath.

That is the process.

The federal government's handling of just about anything related to record keeping and process is sclerotic and terrible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

That is the process.

The nominees don't receive briefings because they have a security clearance. They receive briefings because the current president authorizes it.  He has complete discretion, if he wants to (and he might), Biden can deny Trump all briefings until and unless he wins the election.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#21]

The nominees don't receive briefings because they have a security clearance. They receive briefings because the current president authorizes it.  He has complete discretion, if he wants to (and he might), Biden can deny Trump all briefings until and unless he wins the election.
View Quote

Yup,  he can even DEclassify stuff...  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Hey maybe you're right and I just don't grasp your point.
View Quote

You’re making progress and that’s a good start.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Why do you think I engage the non-retarded one? lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

I agree.  I am thankful to interact with those of differing viewpoints.  

The problem is that people forget or never hear the conclusion.  That is, there was no Trump/Russia conspiracy, the FISA warrants were abused, the Colorado Court really did get smacked down in a 9-0 decision, yet people continue to believe the opposite because once the story leaves the front page they never follow the story and their news sources don't explain what they got wrong.  

So, here we are.  The oral arguments were interesting today.  We'll see where the Supremes go with this, but there may be some immunity given to Mr. Trump.  

View Quote

I think clarification on immunity is warranted, whether they do that or just kick it back to the lower courts remains to be seen…
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I have advocated that here for years when people bring up how they put these posters on 'ignore'.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

For one, there is the memo where he ordered anything related to the crossfire hurricane investigation declassified.I've linked that in many threads.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-declassification-certain-materials-related-fbis-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

Media report where they quote Trump saying everything taken to MAL was declassified

Trump Says He Declassified Mar-A-Lago Documents Found By FBI

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#27]

My guess would be typical bureaucratic administrative lethargy.  I assume it would be in effect once he is sworn in, but maybe they didn't get around to doing the paperwork for a couple weeks.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Where does it say that he has to say it out loud?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That will discourage enough people to cost him the election.

Great job republicans for putting forth a candidate who was unelectable.

View Quote

And who would be?  Haley?  Christ Christie?  

Shit, they put for "electable" candidates in the past, John McCain, Mitt Romney...

Now those are some awesome, electable, strongly right wing folks right there...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#32]

For one, there is the memo where he ordered anything related to the crossfire hurricane investigation declassified.I've linked that in many threads.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-declassification-certain-materials-related-fbis-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

Media report where they quote Trump saying everything taken to MAL was declassified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYVIxMv-7Y

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYVIxMv-7Y

The executive order is obviously specific, there is nothing blanket about it.

Yes, Trump has said many times he declassified all the stuff he took.  But he said he did it in his mind.  I've never seen that he claims he told anybody about it at the time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

POTUS has automatic clearance.

I note a lot of confusion about the Constitutional status of POTUS. Including with those in government. Vindman stating that Trump didn't follow the "interagency consensus", as if POTUS was supposed to follow their orders.

People in government think too much of themselves. The root of our problem is the permanent bureaucracy. The same people trying to take Trump down. The same people who use classified documents as both a weapon, and a means of shielding their own misbehavior. Look at all the redactions made to hide their wrongdoing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#34]
Originally Posted By DonS:
I note a lot of confusion about the Constitutional status of POTUS. Including with those in government. Vindman stating that Trump didn't follow the "interagency consensus", as if POTUS was supposed to follow their orders.

People in government think too much of themselves. The root of our problem is the permanent bureaucracy. The same people trying to take
View Quote

SPOT ON

I  explained to my Liberal Aunt when she tried to give me his book, I don’t know what world Vindman lived in but LtCol may suggest and write taking point but in the end it’s the principle’s decision, not the staff officer’s.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#35]

People in government think too much of themselves. The root of our problem is the permanent bureaucracy. The same people trying to take Trump down. The same people who use classified documents as both a weapon, and a means of shielding their own misbehavior. Look at all the redactions made to hide their wrongdoing.
View All Quotes

100% spot on
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#36]

So why did you cite an anonymous source?
View Quote

You sound silly, perhaps you really did hit your head too hard.   Show us all where I “cited” an “anonymous source?”  

Stick to your day job….
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#37]
GD liberals: but, but, but, he's been charged THIS MANY times

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#39]

Here you go:

What’s your source?
View Quote

Nope.... let's try again.  Show us all where I “cited” an “anonymous source.”  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#41]

I literally just posted you citing an anonymous source.

“Word is…”  From whom, exactly?
View Quote

Really...  now go to the dictionary and understand what you are alleging and then read what I wrote.

waitingpatiently.gif
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:26:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#42]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#43]

You cited, as a source of information, an unnamed person saying something.

Do they have a name, or are they “anonymous”?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/5DB5E672-7F4F-4E9D-BDA2-71AEC0C5AD65-3197963.jpg
View Quote

OK, Let's play... Where is it you believe I obtained this information?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#44]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#45]

From your ass, or from an article citing an anonymous source.

View Quote

Now, now.  You are floundering... let me help you.

"word is" used to refer to something that has been reported but not officially stated:
(the) word is (that) The word is (that) more hostages will be released over the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

Now, now.  You are floundering... let me help you.

"word is" used to refer to something that has been reported but not officially stated:
(the) word is (that) The word is (that) more hostages will be released over the next few weeks.
View Quote

Do you feel like you’re holding your own in this discussion
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GRENDEL87:
And...nothing will happen.
View Quote

This ^^

kwg
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#50]

You dance and squirm, but never answer.

Cite your source.
View Quote

"Dance and squirm" lol temper, temper you are getting emotional.. you first... where is it you believe I heard this information?
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top