Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

100% spot on
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Originally Posted By DonS:
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Knowing less than me would be difficult. That's why I asked the -- still unanswered -- question "If the presidency automatically grants a Q clearance, then why wasn't it granted until February 9, 2017?  Shouldn't it have been granted on January 20, 2017?"

POTUS has automatic clearance.

I note a lot of confusion about the Constitutional status of POTUS. Including with those in government. Vindman stating that Trump didn't follow the "interagency consensus", as if POTUS was supposed to follow their orders.

People in government think too much of themselves. The root of our problem is the permanent bureaucracy. The same people trying to take Trump down. The same people who use classified documents as both a weapon, and a means of shielding their own misbehavior. Look at all the redactions made to hide their wrongdoing.

100% spot on

There is another issue that has reared its head of late.  It is the infusion of large sums of cash from super wealthy individuals into public services.  We all know about Mark Zuckerberg buying the election offices in about 10 precincts.  We know about Jeff Bezos buying the Washington Post.  (Yes, the WA PO is a private business but since its the newspaper of the US capital, it is a quasi public service.)  

Do a little homework on David Rubenstein and the national archives.  This one guy has a enormous say on how the national archives are run.  Now we know the national archives were part of the documents scam.  Someone needs to offer him a chance to talk about his role.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

Now, now.  You are floundering... let me help you.

"word is" used to refer to something that has been reported but not officially stated:
(the) word is (that) The word is (that) more hostages will be released over the next few weeks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

From your ass, or from an article citing an anonymous source.

"word is" used to refer to something that has been reported but not officially stated:
(the) word is (that) The word is (that) more hostages will be released over the next few weeks.

You're in a corner.

Answer the question.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

Do you feel like you’re holding your own in this discussion
View Quote

Do you feel otherwise?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]

You dance and squirm, but never answer.

Cite your source.
View All Quotes

From your ass, or from an article citing an anonymous source.

Cite your source.

Next up you'll get a link to a 37 page thread.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]

"Dance and squirm" lol temper, temper you are getting emotional.. you first... where is it you believe I heard this information?
View All Quotes

Cite your source.

"Dance and squirm" lol temper, temper you are getting emotional.. you first... where is it you believe I heard this information?

WTH?  

Your rebuttal is that people should guess at your sources?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By morglan:

You're in a corner.

Answer the question.
View Quote

funny, I don't feel that way at all.  How exactly am I in "a corner."
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:50:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#7]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

WTH?  

View Quote

Wrong... another poster here said they read something to that effect in a rolling stone article but admitted he had no idea if that was where I heard the same thing....  its not true btw... I only read the article after it was mentioned here and so what?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

When you try to argue in fact, and present something introduced with “the word is…” people are understandably and justifiably going to question it.

And it then detracts from further additional arguments you make which may be based entirely in fact.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gspointer] [#9]

Wrong... another poster here said they read something to that effect in a rolling stone article but admitted he had no idea if that was where I heard the same thing....
View Quote

lol. Trying the wrap-up smear using an anonymous poster suggesting it may have been the rolling stone (there’s a quality source, I bet it was Jackie Coakly that said it!) citing an anonymous source.

And the anonymous poster you mention said that he wasn’t sure if that’s where you heard it?  That’s an odd statement
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Wrong... another poster here said they read something to that effect in a rolling stone article but admitted he had no idea if that was where I heard the same thing....  its not true btw... I only read the article after it was mentioned here and so what?
View All Quotes

WTH?  

Thank you for not making us guess.
What was RSs source?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it seems we’ve moved from thread sliding to openly trying to provoke people in order to get the thread locked….
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

When you try to argue in fact, and present something introduced with “the word is…” people are understandably and justifiably going to question it.

And it then detracts from further additional arguments you make which may be based entirely in fact.
View Quote

You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass..fact...[lmao] what a fucking joke...fact...[lmao]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Thank you for not making us guess.
What was RSs source?
View Quote

I’m pretty sure it was Jackie Coakly. At least that’s what I heard
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokey0844] [#14]
Word is that it was Jackie Coakly
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#15]

View Quote

Ah ok.. I specifically did not cite my statement as fact. I qualified my statement with "word is" which is similar to "rumor has it" which means I don't know for sure and this was not official or verified...  legal NY scuttlebut is that that the trump's attorneys were doing a victory dance over the delay and that they didn't believe they had any chance of success in the actual outcome... ie "we might lose the battle but we won the war."

I explained this earlier and I am careful in choosing my words and don't allege things as fact unless I have a reasonable basis to believe them so.   That there was an article that confirmed this rumor only supports the contention that this rumor was not without basis.... Had I said this was "fact" they might have some traction in calling me to task.

ETA Certainly this was an interesting tidbit and worthy of mention... not sure why its mention rankled anyone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By morglan:

You're in a corner.

Answer the question.

Okay, the source is not anonymous

Where did you obtain this information from and do you have a link?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#18]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]

I’ve answered this question.

You continue to twist and squirm.
View Quote

You are writing checks you can't cash.  You tried to falsely represent the I presented something as a fact...  when I specifically qualified it as an unverified rumor and then you tried to demand a cite.   You know that or you can't read... both are equally plausible.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 3one5:
This thread has made it incredibly easy to identify and ignore the DU plants on the site.
View Quote

And the cult 45 church members
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#21]

Sounds like an…”anonymous source”

Or a lie.

Certainly confirmation bias.

Legal NY scuttlebutt says that you fabricate stories about Legal NY scuttlebutt.  I can’t tell you who said this, though, because stuff.
View Quote

Try again to understand (read slowly):

Trump's lawyers have been seeking delays so as to forestall the prosecutions.  To accomplish this they have been making appeals, the vast majority have a low chance of success, but hoping one will gain traction and delay the actual trial. The fact that trump has been repeatedly losing in court cannot be lost upon you... can it?  The timing of the Supreme Court’s decision is as important if not more so than the outcome... if the appeal results in a delay that extends beyond the election, they have succeeded in their goal.  That trumps lawyers were celebrating their victory in gaining that procedural delay based upon their strategy's success, is neither "biased" nor taking sides.  

Furthermore, discussing the unlikely possibility that trump's lawyers will prevail and that they understand this, is also neither taking sides nor "biased."  Except for untutored laymen (like you), few lawyers or constitutional scholars actually believe this nation bestows absolute criminal immunity upon a president.  Lower courts have all rejected those arguments, including a unanimous three-judge panel on the appeals court.  Nearly four years ago, all nine justices rejected Trump’s claim of absolute immunity from a district attorney’s subpoena for his financial records.  Even Thomas pointed to the text of the Constitution and how it was understood by the people who ratified it saying: “The text of the Constitution … does not afford the President absolute immunity”

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

The smarmiest nevertrump lawyer getting schooled by the smarmiest nevertrump agitator. This thread continues to deliver.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Do you feel otherwise?
View All Quotes

Do you feel otherwise?

You're sinking.  You claim a source but have none to show.   Lol.  You heard the voices in your head , that could be your source.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Ah ok.. I specifically did not cite my statement as fact. I qualified my statement with "word is" which is similar to "rumor has it" which means I don't know for sure and this was not official or verified...  legal NY scuttlebut is that that the trump's attorneys were doing a victory dance over the delay and that they didn't believe they had any chance of success in the actual outcome... ie "we might lose the battle but we won the war."

I explained this earlier and I am careful in choosing my words and don't allege things as fact unless I have a reasonable basis to believe them so.   That there was an article that confirmed this rumor only supports the contention that this rumor was not without basis.... Had I said this was "fact" they might have some traction in calling me to task.

ETA Certainly this was an interesting tidbit and worthy of mention... not sure why its mention rankled anyone.
View Quote
*BEEP.....BEEP......BEEP*
Back up alarm heard
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By R0N:
DOE is probably the worst at, I have an employee with a TS equivalence from DOE and I am still waiting almost a year for it to transfer to DoD.  

But It’s not just DOE, it’s Gov wide problem though.  The way I tell people, DoD is probably the best run of the Gov Department, and DoD sucks real bad.  

Think of it like a fortune 100 company, but no one can be fired and they don’t have to answer to their stock holders.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
DOE is probably the worst at, I have an employee with a TS equivalence from DOE and I am still waiting almost a year for it to transfer to DoD.  

But It’s not just DOE, it’s Gov wide problem though.  The way I tell people, DoD is probably the best run of the Gov Department, and DoD sucks real bad.  

Think of it like a fortune 100 company, but no one can be fired and they don’t have to answer to their stock holders.
Yikes, a year is an impressive amount of bureaucratic lethargy.  I also don't have a better explanation for the dates in the memo.

One thing I don't understand is the left's tactics here.  Why hasn't everyone charged with mishandling classified information asserted that it was declassified by Trump as he left office and subpoenaed the crap out of him and the documents he has in his possession?  I'm sure there are a few Democrat idiots willing to volunteer for this if necessary.  Dealing with those would be a distraction and annoyance and cost money for lawyers as well as making for excellent talking points for the election campaign even if the court doesn't issue a subpoena.

Originally Posted By AFARR:
Near as I can tell, it’s not.

42 USC Chapter 23 Division A Section 2165 deals with security clearances.  

Makes no mention of a President leaving office and losing clearance.  Does (paragraph c) talk about accepting clearance granted by other gov agencies*.

The word President appears 220 times in that section and makes it very clear the Sec Energy reports to him.

*now, if Biden pulled his clearance after he left office, you could make that argument that he lost his DOE clearance when it was done, but it’s nowhere in the act that I can find that it’s automatic on leaving office.
Logically it makes sense that you couldn't find anything: the President's clearance doesn't expire instead the Presidency transfers to another person.  Whether the law and regulations are logical is another question.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#26]
When does Trump “spring the trap” and send everyone to gitmo?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
When does Trump "spring the trap" and send everyone to gitmo?

View Quote
Are you saying that a President or Ex president has arrest powers?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
View Quote

Shhhhh, keep playing along.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:41:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#30]
Back up alarm heard
View All Quotes
Back up alarm heard

Did you actually read what I wrote?

Just blather... and btw word is trump's legal team acknowledges their immunity argument has little chance of success, but claim victory is the resulting procedural delay in the prosecution of the criminal case.

look up "word is:" it specifically means unverified, similar to rumor has it, ive' heard, or people are saying....

Sorry, the bias genius didn't give you the victory you are appearing to celebrate...

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:24:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#31]

look up "word is:" it specifically means unverified, similar to rumor has it, ive' heard, or people are saying....

Sorry, the bias genius didn't give you the victory you are appearing to celebrate...

View Quote

LOL… You remind me of Chuck from Better Call Saul.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Advance:

LOL… You remind me of Chuck from Better Caul Saul.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/IMG_0828_jpeg-3198219.JPG
View Quote

I’m devastated.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#33]
To save time and coffee may I ask where the last good thread relative post is?  Tired of filtering through the bitch slapping.  OKTHX!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

He does
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#35]

I’m devastated.
View Quote

Of course… You’re too self absorbed to care what people see from the outside looking in.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Biden BUSTED Orchestrating Trump Charges in UNREDACTED Court Records
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
What's the latest on Judge Cannon's un-redacting?

Let's get this thread back on track.
View Quote

Word is she is going to unredact more and continue showing the prosecutors their misconduct.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

The smarmiest nevertrump lawyer getting schooled by the smarmiest nevertrump agitator. This thread continues to deliver.
View Quote

Facts you may find inconvenient isn’t agitation. It’s illumination.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

I am standing here beside myself
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Advance:

Of course… You’re too self absorbed to care what people see from the outside looking in.

View Quote

You’re wrong.  I care a great deal about the opinion of the GD peanut gallery.

Note to OP: apologies for causing and contributing to this thread slide. It was not my intention, and my original post was not misleading, and I stand by it.  I enjoy the banter, but this portion of the discussion has devolved and run its course.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

No. But there was a guy in this thread or the other one saying that this was all planned by Trump. It was a trap and they fell for it! This is the end for everyone who stands against him. All these people in big big trouble
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#43]

No. But there was a guy in this thread or the other one saying that this was all planned by Trump. It was a trap and they fell for it! This is the end for everyone who stands against him. All these people in big big trouble
View All Quotes

are they acting like they're in big big trouble?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By iveseenalittleontv:

are they acting like they're in big big trouble?
View Quote

Who. The prosecutors?

I don’t know. I only get what you gets share in the forums. I don’t watch this stuff or anything. I depend on all you guys who get second by second updates somehow.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Seconded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Rattlehead502:

Seconded.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rattlehead502:

Seconded.

The thread went off track because there is nothing left to talk about on the original topic. Just another nothingburger.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#47]
LOL, ya'll keep voting and serving in the military for these clowns...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Back up alarm heard

Just blather... and btw word is trump's legal team acknowledges their immunity argument has little chance of success, but claim victory is the resulting procedural delay in the prosecution of the criminal case.

so, an anonymous source
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

The thread went off track because there is nothing left to talk about on the original topic. Just another nothingburger.
View Quote

Looks like it.

Trump was unable to spring the trap! The entrapment plan has failed. Trial continues.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Looks like it.

Trump was unable to spring the trap! The entrapment plan has failed. Trial continues.
View Quote

Dear pleasure journal…. We got him for sure this time.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top