Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:

Someone failed to let a buddy know to take the guns and didn’t inform the wife of the true value.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mgwantob:
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Story?

I got there right after she left, all those guns on cart came with it. Husband died and she didn’t want the guns. The M-60 had a BFA on it so we took it off and it still has a good bore. I told him to cut it up and sell parts kit.

Someone failed to let a buddy know to take the guns and didn’t inform the wife of the true value.

Really doesn't look like much value there other the M60, which is probably contraband.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My record was a MP40, M2 carbine, Thompson SMG, 1919 (don't know which specific model), BAR, and a Liberator pistol by the same lady back in'05 or '06.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:50:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mattdoc] [#3]
Send any customer right back out the door with their gun and a recommendation to watch this video from Forgotten Weapons about what do do if you find a machine gun. It covers the paperwork you might be looking for.

I Found a Machine Gun: What Should I Do?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
We had a guy come in and ask about the 60mm mortar in his trunk.

Told him to turn it in.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]

I got there right after she left, all those guns on cart came with it. Husband died and she didn’t want the guns.
View Quote

Sad
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Really doesn't look like much value there other the M60, which is probably contraband.
View All Quotes
Story?

I got there right after she left, all those guns on cart came with it. Husband died and she didn’t want the guns. The M-60 had a BFA on it so we took it off and it still has a good bore. I told him to cut it up and sell parts kit.

Sorry I don't mean to be difficult, but I believe you misspelled awesome
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
You bought it from her in the parking lot right?

Right?
View Quote

RIGHT?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Allegedly had a co work come to my house because I was the 'gun guy' with a full auto Sten that had been hidden away forever.

Allegedly. In Minecraft.

Also, in Minecraft, I may or may not have found a working Mp40 in a family members dresser they had in the attic and pointed it out of the window at shit (because I was like 7) before it was noticed. Also, allegedly, it was NOT in the dresser a few days later when I, in Minecraft, went back to look.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I started typing but mine is a campfire story not an internet story. And not because it would get me into trouble, but rather I cannot believe how this dude somehow lived the life he did. Notevenmad-thatsamazing.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QRB:
We had an old timer bring in a live STG-45 in pretty clean shape. We explained to him that we couldn't touch it, and discussed his options. Poor old chap just wanted to sell it and couldn't understand what the issue was.

Perhaps my most interesting encounter was the lady that wanted us to take some "explosives" her former renter (SEAL from Coronado) had left in her apartment. I suggested she call the fire department and have them remove it. She didn't want to do that, and insisted on driving it over to our shop.

I told her to leave it in the trunk, and I would help her. It turned out to be mostly dummy ordnance - mostly.

I started typing but mine is a campfire story not an internet story. And not because it would get me into trouble, but rather I cannot believe how this dude somehow lived the life he did. Notevenmad-thatsamazing.gif

I want that story some time when I'm up that way and I have an excess of beer and time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
First off, lower your voice…
View Quote

Correct response.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
What's the procedure here? Decline to accept it and tell her to call the ATF?
View Quote

I am trying to think of a situation where the best answer is to call the ATF.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Told him to turn it in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread shouldn't even exist. What M60?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:

I want that story some time when I'm up that way and I have an excess of beer and time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
Originally Posted By QRB:
We had an old timer bring in a live STG-45 in pretty clean shape. We explained to him that we couldn't touch it, and discussed his options. Poor old chap just wanted to sell it and couldn't understand what the issue was.

Perhaps my most interesting encounter was the lady that wanted us to take some "explosives" her former renter (SEAL from Coronado) had left in her apartment. I suggested she call the fire department and have them remove it. She didn't want to do that, and insisted on driving it over to our shop.

I told her to leave it in the trunk, and I would help her. It turned out to be mostly dummy ordnance - mostly.

There's a huge blend of Americans, and let's just say 30% are still "freedom at any cost" people.

From there you really get interesting subcategories, from millionaires who want to own tanks and fighter jets to rednecks. And absolutely everything in between. "Freedom at any cost" can range from "I have the money to spend" to "I don't even know what the law is lmao"
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
My favorite arfcom story was not mine, but I'll tell it from the OP post.

Redneck:  BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

Arfcommer: Nice SBR.

Redneck: Wut

Arfcommer: That's a very nice short barreled rifle, I like your gun.

Redneck: wut

Arfcommer: never mind

Redneck: Do u want 2 shoot it?

Arfcommer: Yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
First off, lower your voice…
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm pretty sure machine guns are medicinal.

I know I always feel better when I have one in my hands.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Told him to turn it in.
View Quote

You know how I know you're gay Scene - The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005) HD
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

Sad
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

I got there right after she left, all those guns on cart came with it. Husband died and she didn’t want the guns.

Sad

This dude didn't ONLY have an M60 and a bunch of fuddery.

There's some more surprises hiding in that house.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By xciapup:

I am trying to think of a situation where the best answer is to call the ATF.

View Quote

Maybe your dog is in bad shape and you don't want to pay the vet to euthanize it? That's about the only situation I can think of
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
What's the procedure here? Decline to accept it and tell her to call the ATF?
View Quote
First thing would be what M60?

Second wouldn't involve putting pics on the internet.

Three would be a pintle mount for it

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#23]
The receiver looks unfinished, semi auto kit build?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm usually a keep to myself person but I would have attempted to shortstop that in the parking lot
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]

I got there right after she left, all those guns on cart came with it. Husband died and she didn't want the guns. The M-60 had a BFA on it so we took it off and it still has a good bore. I told him to cut it up and sell parts kit.
View Quote
Second shelf of that cart on the right is that a mauser?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:
I've still got a scar on my hand from cleaning one of those hogs.

View Quote

I have scars from grabbing a red hot barrel on the pig I was shooting, without gloves. Earned the nickname "bonehead" for the rest of range week.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Let me call my PIG guy.  Best I can do is $50, and I'd be losing money on the deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I met with a lawyer on Friday.

He is brokering a deal for a  Model 1928 Tommy gun.  I asked him how much.  He said between $20,000 and $25,000 .

I am half tempted.

He did say it takes the drum magazines.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Take it for a test drive, ghetto style
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Neat, in 22 years at the gun counter only NFA thing that ever walked in was one of these

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheDuck:
My record was a MP40, M2 carbine, Thompson SMG, 1919 (don't know which specific model), BAR, and a Liberator pistol by the same lady back in'05 or '06.
View Quote

I can top that.

Live FG42 second pattern with the ZF4 optic.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd be stopping by Home Depot on the way home to pick up an extra sheet of drywall.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Shot I’d never post but sit at home with a smile, for the win…
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Story?

It's definitely awesome at the same time.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Women...
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
Second shelf of that cart on the right is that a mauser?
View Quote

Bottom shelf looks like two A2s or maybe even A1 AR15s or M16s.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#37]

If he cuts it up to ATF standards he is good to go, but he will have destroyed something beautiful.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#38]
If that turns out to be a transferable mg she didn’t know her husband had, she just threw away the proverbial mattress full of cash.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By _DR:

I have scars from grabbing a red hot barrel on the pig I was shooting, without gloves. Earned the nickname "bonehead" for the rest of range week.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:
I've still got a scar on my hand from cleaning one of those hogs.

Same same.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Possible but probably unlikely especially considering the rest of his collection. Doesn't look like the sort of guns that go with a registered M60 if that is the total of his collection.

But yes possible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:
so i ask the dumb question.  how do you know it was not a legal transferable nfa m60. they do exist.

Possible but probably unlikely especially considering the rest of his collection. Doesn't look like the sort of guns that go with a registered M60 if that is the total of his collection.

But yes possible.

There are people who got into MGs when they were cheap. I’ve seen people with nice rare guns and shitty cheap guns in the same collection.

In 1976, a Saco/MaRemont M60 was $1410 to dealers before excise tax.

https://www.1919a4.com/threads/the-cost-of-transferable-saco-defense-maremont-corp-m60s-prior-to-the-ban-photos.112312/
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#41]
We had a Japanese Type 99 LMG come in once. The guys father in law had just passed and they found it in his attic. He was a Seabee in WWII and brought it back from the Philippines. They could never find any paperwork on it. The receiver got torched and the parts sold off as a parts kit. It was only missing a few minor parts and the magazine. The finish was rough, which made sense being in an attic for 80 years. The coolest thing about it was a bunch of shrapnel damage on the receiver and stock. It was a shame but also very cool to see up close.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By zaitsev44:
We had a Japanese Type 99 LMG come in once. The guys father in law had just passed and they found it in his attic. He was a Seabee in WWII and brought it back from the Philippines. They could never find any paperwork on it. The receiver got torched and the parts sold off as a parts kit. It was only missing a few minor parts and the magazine. The finish was rough, which made sense being in an attic for 80 years. The coolest thing about it was a bunch of shrapnel damage on the receiver and stock. It was a shame but also very cool to see up close.
View Quote

You could probably have saw cut the receiver so it would be reweldable. The torch cut is only required for importing kits overseas.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#43]
I humped one of those in the Mountain phase of Ranger school for about 3 days in the rain. Slipping and a sliding in the mud. Was RTO a few times to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:42:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#44]

View Quote

I see a few M-16 butt stocks on bottom of cart. I wondering they were ARs or M-16s, not to mention the grand and SKS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Its beautiful man
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Boo this man
View All Quotes

Told him to turn it in.

Boo this man

Thats the correct answer when you're a juicy sting target...

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#47]

But yes possible.
View Quote

Bottom of cart might be interesting
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#48]
I see at least 2 ARs and an SKS on that cart.

There could be more fun, uhm I mean potential felonies there
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#49]
A lot of you people talk too much.

Sometimes you need cash, a shovel and deny everything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Was she asked if it had papers? It may have been an amnesty gun.  Someone here witnessed an STG44 taken to a police station. After a cop talked to the lady, she found the amnesty registration for it and was pointed to a collector that would buy it from her.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top