User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:
Adam Kadyrov appointed curator of the Russian Special Forces University

“At the request of my dear BROTHER, I decided to appoint Adam Kadyrov as curator of RUS. I believe that he will cope with his assigned responsibilities perfectly,” Kadyrov

Kadyrov added that Adam, who is 16 years old, is closely familiar with the activities of this university, so he will cope well with his assigned responsibilities.

https://t.me/groupzarya/51648

Friends, today I had great pleasure in attending the open tactical shooting competition “OUR OWN PEOPLE”. They took place on the basis of the legendary Russian University of Special Forces named after Vladimir Putin in Gudermes. 20 teams consisting of fighters from elite security forces gathered here to demonstrate their skills and professional skills.

As part of the tournament, RUS instructors prepared 10 unique exercises, each of which tested not only shooting skills, but also the ability to quickly make decisions in conditions of increased complexity. Among them are shooting from various types of weapons, fire from automobiles and armored vehicles, hitting targets in motion, assault, and ambush. This is only a small part of everything that the teams had to go through.

Based on the results of all 10 exercises, the 16 best teams competed in the “Duel” relay race. In short, the struggle for leadership was serious. I was pleasantly impressed by the level of combat training of our units. Their professionalism, accuracy and efficiency in their actions cannot leave anyone indifferent.

At the end of the competition day, the team of the security service of the Head of the Chechen Republic "AKHMAT-SILA" won the overall competition. She also took first place in the most spectacular exercise - the "Duel" relay race. In second place was the “Dostum” detachment of the head of the security department of the Head of the Chechen Republic, Adam Kadyrov. The top three is completed by the fighters of the special police regiment named after Hero of Russia Akhmat-Khadzhi Kadyrov, the AKHMAT-1 team. I sincerely congratulate everyone on their well-deserved victories!

Here, at the request of my dear BROTHER, the head of the RUS, Baybetar Vaikhanov, I decided to appoint Adam Kadyrov as the curator of the RUS. He is closely familiar with the activities of the famous university, so I believe that he will cope with his assigned responsibilities very well.

I thank Baibetar Vaikhanov and all the instructors of the special forces university for the high level of preparation for the competition. I especially thank my dear BROTHER, SOBR “AKHMAT” officer Adam Naurbiev for organizing the training of teams and developing exercises as close as possible to the real situation.

https://t.me/RKadyrov_95/4723

Video of Heavy Sixlet running and gunning

Adam Kadyrov showed how he wields a weapon at the All-Russian tactical shooting competition near Gudermes.

https://t.me/groupzarya/51641

View Quote

Best news I’ve heard today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:00:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Switchblades are doing great, the most recent Ukrainian aid package includes more of them.  They were requested by the Ukrainians.

Basically the biggest complaint is that they can't get enough of them.
View Quote

Very happy to be wrong about that,  then
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Shouvalov-

The blows to the refineries are, of course, sadness and pain. But I’m still in a slight stupor, because an attack against the missile attack warning system (MAWS) of the 29B6 “Container” over-the-horizon radar in Mordovia, which provides detection of ballistic missile launches from the European direction, is... Well, how can I put it mildly ? Let's go by the Charter: clause 18, paragraph III “Conditions for the transition of the Russian Federation to the use of nuclear weapons” of the “Fundamentals of State Policy in the Field of Nuclear Deterrence” has been violated. Without any double interpretations or formulations. AND...?

Let's look at one more situation, which, taken together, will make the already complete picture completely complete. One guy, just a very high-level one from the security sector. We will not reveal the identity, we will give the object the call sign “Dimosha” so that no one can figure it out. Dimosha’s son lived in the USA, and even after the start of the SVO he was going to live there. But the evil Americans told him: he took the coins in his hands and went to his dad’s house. Go away. Dimosha's son returned home - to Russia. He was immediately given all access to state secrets, given high government positions (we have an idiot thrown out of America - a personnel talent and nugget whom we ourselves were unable to cultivate). Dimosha's son did not go to the front and did not join the army. And Dimosha himself literally had red lines and nuclear warheads in his mouth, flying out of there with or without reason.

Then the Belli incident with the 29V6 “Container” over-the-horizon radar happened. Who is interested in your refineries after this? In a geopolitical sense, you (there is no need to involve the army here) were lowered, written off as omitted and labeled. You are idiots, losers, impotent. This applies to each and every person who, by virtue of their position and according to job descriptions, was obliged to react, but swallowed it and wiped it off. No, it wasn’t yellow rain that hit you in the face - no, no. You have been publicly and unambiguously given a price. You can say anything out loud, but there are things that are absolutely understood by all participants.

Not so long ago there was a wild desire to accidentally post here the personal data of one scum in a civilian position, who told people that the dams in the region were worthless, because everything was spent on the construction of the defensive line. That same defensive line, the name of the person who built it, now became impossible to mention along with this line.

So, little rats. The military built it because they could. Despite such difficulties that you in the rear have never even heard of. There is a lot within reach. They built it in such a way that even the rivers would flood, even the enemy would counterattack. And what you couldn’t do for yourself is not a complaint against the military. Because it’s hard to be offended by people calling you a moron if you’re a moron.

And against all this background, there is no need to shift the problem with rear oil refineries to the army. If you, in the rear, managed to do 1% of what the army is carrying, everyone would be happy. And the army is dragging along not because it likes it - the army has no other choice. They do it alone, the army cleans it up. For everyone at once. Through mountains of bones and meat, knee-deep in blood.

Don't like watching the refineries get hit? I took the rifle and went to serve. Or you just went to serve - we’ll give you a rifle. Don't you want to serve? Provide security measures or other results in the rear. Can not? So why do we need you like that? Why do we need you in this formula?

All characters are fictitious, coincidences are random. And Dimosha and his son are nits.

Py.Sy. Because I no longer know how to talk about what’s boiling over without getting completely pregnant, I’m seriously considering stopping sharing my thoughts publicly. It is difficult to remain silent, and it is even worse not to remain silent.

https://t.me/shouvalov/201

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Sputnik @sputnik_global has become the only foreign radio broadcasting in Iran.

Also on the country's state television and radio - one of the largest media organizations in Asia.

Radio 'Goftegu' ('Dialogue') will now broadcast a joint program 'Eastern Strategy' on a weekly basis. Experts from Russia and Iran will discuss the formation of a multipolar and multicultural world order for an hour.

All residents of Iran will be able to listen to it - more than 90 million people.

The broadcast will also be available on @ir_sputnik platforms.

I'm proud of the team.

https://t.me/margaritasimonyan/13949

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Girkin

Everyone was excited by the news about the arrest of General Timur Ivanov, a high-ranking official of the Ministry of Defense, for a bribe. They write how he and his wife spent fantastic amounts of money on yachts, jewelry, etc. I would like to believe that this investigation is an indicator that the intelligence services have finally taken up their direct responsibilities and began to identify the real criminals and top-level corrupt officials, and the Ministry of Defense has decided to clean up the personnel who were destroying the system from the inside.

Igor Strelkov always saw this problem very well - the dominance of corruption at the top among those who make important decisions. Igor called the reason for the disintegration of the elites their initial weak professional suitability: people who clearly occupy the wrong places are trying to strengthen their power by gathering a personally devoted team around them. And the selection there, as one might guess, is also not based on skills and experience, but on completely different qualities.

One of his streams was devoted to this topic shortly before his arrest. Here is one of the fragments of Strelkov’s statements about the confrontation between different groups within the elite, conditionally the old liberals and the security forces:

“Firstly, the liberals never left power. And they never left business. They were, let’s say, greatly pushed out, but they didn’t leave power. They remained in power - and remained in very serious positions. And the fierceness of the battle between groups of elites precisely occurs due to the fact that both groups have very serious powers and resources.

But I also want to say something about the small group. I don’t want to seem to be defending the interests of the office to which I belonged, but, nevertheless, I still want to note that no matter what our generals are in the office, they are still career security officers.

And before him, mind you, it was headed by a man who also never served a single day in the army - Mr. Serdyukov. Who now heads all aviation construction in our country, that is, he has returned to the rank of minister again.

Therefore, these people always came with their teams, which have a very indirect relationship with the army. Or none at all. Accordingly, they create their own client structures and verticals... And to say that in our country those are the cardinal’s guards, and in the Ministry of Defense they are d’Artagnans - well, this is hardly true.”

Igor Strelkov’s opinion on corruption in the highest echelons can be viewed in more detail in the recordings. As always, the analytics are accurate and explain much of what is happening around us.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1078

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Shouvalov-
[i]The blows to the refineries are, of course, sadness and pain. But I’m still in a slight stupor, because an attack against the missile attack warning system (MAWS) of the 29B6 “Container” over-the-horizon radar in Mordovia, which provides detection of ballistic missile launches from the European direction, is... Well, how can I put it mildly ? Let's go by the Charter: clause 18, paragraph III “Conditions for the transition of the Russian Federation to the use of nuclear weapons” of the “Fundamentals of State Policy in the Field of Nuclear Deterrence” has been violated. Without any double interpretations or formulations. AND...?
View Quote

Die Hard - Hans Gruber Hit It Again
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#7]
HORY SMOKES!

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#8]
Article by Dr Snyder addressed to Germany points out that the Ukrainians suffered as badly or worse from German actions than the rest of the USSR.

Satellite pix indicating damage from drone strike at Krasnodar airbase

Ukrainian “old man unit” fighting for free

Russia possibly threatening Kharkiv to stretch defenses

4 thermal sniper kills on lone Russians.  Reasonable clarity.

Hey, where’d it go?  Oh shit…

NSFW.  Russian hiding under a knocked-out BMP possibly has both legs blown off by Kamikaze.

Series of heavy kamikaze strikes on Russian positions in destroyed buildings.  Looks unpleasant!

EXTREEEEEEEEEMELY NSFW.  First drop wounds Russian, second takes his head off.

Russian soldiers still being trained on rubber band tourniquets

Series of drone drops and kamikazes on Russians in trench system.  Several good hits.

Lunchtime for a hawk.  DON’T LOOK IF YOU’RE SQUEAMISH.  NSFW.

Russian national murders two Ukrainian soldiers in Germany for medical rehab.

A pile of very dead Russians

Czechs say they have German AFD politician Petr Bystrom on film taking cash from a Russian propagandist operative

Russian BTR runs over two separate mines and blows two separate Russians out of the vehicle.

A few drone drops on Russians

Nighttime, Russian T-90 eats several kamikazes.  Probably mobility killed at end.  Good footage, several kamikazes lined up for immediate use.

Pair of Russians killed in the outhouse

Russian official thanks grieving mother for her son’s useless death.

30m k-2 battalion drone video

An Azov tank shooting up Russian positions in the forest
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:35:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Belgorod update

Governor

Information about the strikes inflicted by the Ukrainian Armed Forces on our region over the past 24 hours:

📍In the Belgorod region in the villages of Bochkovka and Zhuravlevka, the enemy attacked with the help of kamikaze drones - one in each locality. There were no casualties or damage. The Nekhoteevka checkpoint was attacked by five UAVs. There were no consequences. 14 artillery shells were fired at the village of Yasnye Zori, and 4 artillery shells were fired at the village of Krasny Khutor. Krasny Khutor was also attacked by the Ukrainian Armed Forces with the help of six kamikaze drones. No one was hurt, there was no damage. An enemy UAV was shot down by an air defense system over the village of Staraya Nelidovka. There were no consequences on the ground. After an air attack by the Ukrainian Armed Forces, additional damage was discovered in the village of Razumnoye - one private residential building was damaged. No harm done.

📍In the Valuysky urban district, 3 mortar shells were fired on the outskirts of the village of Stary Khutor. There were no casualties or damage.

📍In the Volokonovsky district, the outskirts of the Stary farm came under mortar fire - 6 arrivals were recorded. There were no consequences.

📍In the Krasnoyaruzhsky district, the village of Vyazovoe was attacked by the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the help of two UAVs. There were no casualties. A communication infrastructure facility is damaged. 5 mortar shells were fired on the outskirts of the village of Demidovka. No one was hurt, there was no damage. The area between the village of Prilesye and the village of Repyakhovka came under mortar fire - 8 arrivals were detected. There were no casualties. At the agricultural enterprise site, three buildings were damaged and a power line was damaged. Work to restore power supply is planned for today, based on the operational situation.

📍In the Shebekinsky urban district, 5 mortar shells were fired at the villages of Novaya Tavolzhanka and Murom, 4 mortar shells were fired at the village of Pankov, 5 shots from the LNG-9 “Spear” grenade launcher were fired at the village of Mukhin, two were fired at the village of Krasnoye and the Shebekino checkpoint and one mortar shell, respectively. There were no casualties or destruction in any of the district's settlements.

https://t.me/vvgladkov/6547

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:24:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#11]

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Biden forced Russia to invade Ukraine in 2022?  In 2014?  Georgia in 2008?  Chechnya again in 2000?  Chechnya in 96?  Poland in 81?  Afghanistan in 79?  Czechoslovakia in 68?  Hungary in 56?  Finland and  Poland in 39?  Forced Russia to murder millions in Ukraine in 32?   Poland in 21?  That’s just since 1917, and I’m sure I missed several.  Russia was and is the Evil Empire.
No man knows the day and the hour, but if the time comes, better to stand with the righteous than piss your pants like a coward.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
This is how you get Gog and Magog.

We can blame Armageddon on Biden and the demmunists.

Biden forced Russia to invade Ukraine in 2022?  In 2014?  Georgia in 2008?  Chechnya again in 2000?  Chechnya in 96?  Poland in 81?  Afghanistan in 79?  Czechoslovakia in 68?  Hungary in 56?  Finland and  Poland in 39?  Forced Russia to murder millions in Ukraine in 32?   Poland in 21?  That’s just since 1917, and I’m sure I missed several.  Russia was and is the Evil Empire.
No man knows the day and the hour, but if the time comes, better to stand with the righteous than piss your pants like a coward.

better to stand with the righteous than piss your pants like a coward.
lol, sig line material.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Switchblades are doing great, the most recent Ukrainian aid package includes more of them.  They were requested by the Ukrainians.

Basically the biggest complaint is that they can't get enough of them.

There is a big lid on letting out videos from those for some reason.  Sometimes it is because the area could be geolocated and the Russians would know where these were launched and what units are getting hit.  Honestly compared to the Ukrainian fpv drones I think they are mild.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Europe has been preaching integration, internationalism and multiculturalism as well for years.  Unfortunately for them, they are now realizing what that looks like and how well it actually works in practice; right at the same time that they realize that Europe is not the US's only priority, and is probably not even the main priority.  One of the reason they feared Trump in the past is that he was willing to say what a lot of Americans have been thinking since the IFOR/SFOR/KFOR missions of the late 1990's that was kind of papered over post 9-11.  They HATE Biden's Administration because they now realize that existential European security concerns are no longer a US priority and will be secondary to US domestic politics.  As much as we love to rightfully point at the ten or so Republican clowns who used Ukraine to create drama, the Euros also understand that Biden could have made the whole issue go away nearly instantaneously by adding a rider for $1 Billion or so for a border wall.   Also, even though the Euros are fashionably anti-Semitic in their rhetoric they didn't really believe a lot of the crap they talked regarding the Israelis and were comforted by the idea that they could criticize Israel all they wanted and vote for all kinds of unrealistic resolutions secure in the conventional wisdom that the US would come through and stop the stupidity allowing them to virtue signal.  When the Biden administration showed themselves perfectly willing to throw a long-time ally like Israel under the bus for the sake of a few voters in states that many Europeans would have a hard time accurately identifying on a map (and may actually confuse, since they are both in the Midwest and unhelpfully both start with the letter "M"), the Euros took a hard look at their position and realized that the same criticisms of "Colonialism" dubiously directed at the Israelis are in reality a double-barreled shotgun pointed right at much of the basis for the underlying fraternal relationship between Europe and the United States.  IF the basis for the view that United States is both illegitimate and absolutely evil due to it's "white supremacy" and horrible record of "colonialism", who actually has a better/more humane record in Europe?  France, Britain, Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and even Belgium have far bloodier records of colonialism and conquest than the United States.  They are also terrified by the fecklessness of the American "elites" when faced with even a minor amount of criticism from their putative "allies", and the terrifying inability of their peers in American "leadership" to actually lead.
View Quote

Good analysis as always. I just hope you are correct about the EU "realizing" the situation facing them. The leftists seem firmly ensconced in Brussels and neither their Marxist ideologies nor the Soros money will be easy to reject. It IS hard to understand that some leaders actual want the chaos, disorder, and destruction that their policies bring to their own countries. It's not a bug...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#19]

used to mislead the enemy.

Given our modest fleet of workboats, which for obvious reasons has shrunk in more than two years, such measures should have been introduced a long time ago. But, as they say, better late than never.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#21]

some among them are starting to grasp that the financial incentives, while significant by Russian measures, aren't worth risking a harrowing death from kamikaze drones or mortar attacks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Japan is really on the "frontline" against the Axis. Norks, China, Russia...I'm waiting for Iran to start shit with them next. I just hope they still have some of the old mojo and not end up like Germany...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#23]

proves exceedingly difficult due to the rigid nature of the Russian production system.

On the contrary, Ukrainian production, distributed among numerous small-scale producers, including numerous volunteers, demonstrates effectiveness in the conditions of limited supplies from partner nations.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

The other thread was analogous to having an HOA president who loved flexing authority to the point where all the condo members have decided to sell their condos and move into another complex.

Most of us got our pee pee slapped for reasons not understood or positions that probably conflicted slightly with his political position.

Hopefully this thread will allow reasonable discussion and slightly wider guard rails.
View Quote

I'm waiting for some moderator to pop in and demand that we ONLY talk about the larger global and political picture WITHOUT mentioning Ukraine or the war...

I guess I can see the site-staff wanting to keep that mega thread going clean and polite without the ugly domestic politics but preventing comments on the obviously connected and related politics of the world seems counterproductive. Like a thread about football where any mention of the ref's is off limits.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Japan is really on the "frontline" against the Axis. Norks, China, Russia...I'm waiting for Iran to start shit with them next. I just hope they still have some of the old mojo and not end up like Germany...
View All Quotes

Japan really isn't buffered by friendly states like Germany is, so they tend to take the stance of a strong defense.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/03/philippines-japan-near-long-range-missile-milestones-as-they-arm-up-for-china/

With China increasingly aggressive around Philippine and Japanese territory, those two US allies are nearing important milestones in their plans to invest in new missiles that will extend the reach of their militaries in the Western Pacific.

By the end of March, the Philippines expects to have its first BrahMos anti-ship cruise missiles, and Japan plans to begin training its personnel to operate Tomahawk missiles. Those acquisitions reflect a growing belief across the region that the best way to counter China in a conflict is with stand-off weapons that could keep Chinese warships at bay.

The two countries are hardly alone in this approach. Beijing’s actions abroad and its missile development at home, as well as similar moves by North Korea, “are undermining regional security and driving other countries to improve their own long-range strike capabilities in response,” the International Institute for Strategic Studies said in a recent report on long-range strike capabilities in Asia.

The missiles sought by Tokyo, Manila and others are not “analogous” to those China and North Korea have, but the focus “on long-range strike capabilities has contributed to a regional arms race that is unlikely to be constrained by arms-control limitations in the foreseeable future,” the report said. “It is therefore highly probable that all the countries of the Asia-Pacific will continue to expand their arsenals horizontally and vertically.”

That situation was underlined by a March 4 incident which saw Chinese Coast Guard ships fire a water cannon at a Philippine vessel, injuring four crew.

The Philippines’ latest military modernization plan, approved in January, is focused on effecting an archipelagic defense strategy by being able to project power “into our areas where we must, by Constitutional fiat and duty, protect and preserve our resources,” Defense Secretary Gilberto Teodoro Jr. said in January.

Manila is “is now trying to operationalize” that strategy, “which talks about securing not only internal waters but of course nearby waters,” Don McLain Gill, a geopolitical analyst and lecturer at De La Salle University, said during an online event in February.

BrahMos missiles and plans to acquire the US-made HIMARS “are seen to be two of the most important aspects and procurements as of this next few months, particularly in order to expedite that strategy,” Gill said.

Recent basing agreements with the US military and tests of other weapons “are further steps toward a distributed deployments for missile strike and defense,” said Tom Karako, director of the Missile Defense Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Acquiring BrahMos missiles “is interesting” as it raises questions about dependence on Russian technology, Karako added, “but it nevertheless reflects an increasing demand signal for advanced strike capability.”

Plus, Japan has a navy that most nations only dream of.

Japan’s decision in late 2022 to develop a counterstrike capability allowing it to launch attacks on enemy forces was a major shift of its post-war commitment to limit its military to self-defense capabilities. It came in response to Chinese and North Korean missile threats that made missile defense alone untenable, according to the National Security Strategy released in December 2022.

“Missile attacks against Japan have become a palpable threat,” the strategy said. “Counterstrikes are done as a minimum necessary measure for self-defense,” and by having that capability, “Japan will deter armed attack itself.”

In the event of an invasion attempt, a stand-off strike capability would also be needed “to block and eliminate the invading forces from outside the opponent’s threat envelope as early and as far away as possible,” the 2023 edition of Japan’s annual defense white paper said.

That capability will be provided by long-range missiles, both domestically developed and bought overseas. The first of those foreign missiles is the US-made Tomahawk, which has a 1,000-mile range that would bring targets in North Korea and eastern China into reach.

Japan initially planned to buy 400 of the newest Tomahawk variant, the Block V, for delivery in 2026 and 2027 and deployment aboard the Japanese destroyers equipped with Aegis ballistic-missile-defense systems. (References to defeating both enemy missile launchers and invasion forces suggest Japan wants a mix of land-attack and anti-ship Tomahawks, the IISS report said.)

But Defense Minister Minoru Kihara said in October that rising tensions made the Tomahawks a higher priority, and Tokyo instead requested 200 Block Vs and 200 Block IVs, an older variant that could be delivered starting in 2025. The US approved the purchase in November and Kihara signed a contract with US Ambassador to Japan Rahm Emanuel in January. Officials said in February that Japanese naval personnel would begin training to operate the missiles in late March. (Japan’s Defense Ministry did not respond when asked this week to confirm that date.)

Alongside Tomahawks and accelerated deployment of its upgraded Type-12 anti-ship missile, which will have a range extended fivefold to more than 600 miles, Japan is buying F-35s, converting its helicopter carriers into light aircraft carriers, and investing in defenses on its southwest islands, said Benjamin Blandin, network coordinator at the Yokosuka Council on Asia-Pacific Studies.

“All of this, in addition to all of the equipment given to Southeast Asian nations, speaks volumes about Tokyo’s seriousness and all-domain preparations,” Blandin added.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Meanwhile, we keep extending the range of the U.S. Patriot batteries.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

I personally feel that the third component is a feeling of being sick and tired, of being sick and tired of carrying the load defense wise for Europe, while they sneer down their noses and laugh at us for being poor uneducated, unsophisticated bumpkins who just don't understand how things work.

They've navel gazed and tried to build their socialist utopias's while flipping us the bird and not spending the agreed upon 2% GDP. So when this war started they sat on their collective hands waiting for us to do it, because well... we've always done it. They were all prepared to tut-tut, laugh and stage whisper with each other about how stupid we are and superior they are.

And then the U.S. did little to nothing, leaving Europe exposed. Their chickens have come home to roost and they didn't realize the world changed on them while they were refilling their beer mug.

When asked to help the cupboards were mostly bare. Remember back when this started Germany saying they didn't have the supplies to keep an infantry company in the field for more that a few weeks?

A year or so in they came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, the U.S. wasn't gonna do the heavy lifting for them anymore so maybe, just maybe they need to look at doing... something.

Now, another year in, they've got plans to do several somethings that will take anywhere between 1 and 5 years to do because of their 40 year navel gazing socialist utopia building kumbaya Russian dick sucking lifestyles.

We stopped talking to most of the European branch of our family over this war. The last of my civility died with their "Good Vibes from Washington" and "Zelensky just needs to talk to Putin to settle their differences like adults" conversation. The level of disconnect between reality and their perceived reality was too great to bridge.

Personally, I'm surprised Western Europe has stepped up and sent anything more than butt plugs and ball gags, two things which they seem to have in abundance.
View Quote

I agree and share the sentiment. And I was born in Europe. And if the Russians were attacking Germany or Belgium, etc. I would probably be a little less enthusiastic about helping. But Ukraine IS A VICTIM of the same Western European corruption and ineptitude and punishing them further will neither punish the leftist commie assholes in the EU nor get them to really change. Letting Russia destroy Ukraine will NOT teach them a lesson or get them to change. We need to help Ukraine DESPITE the Euro-weenies that have allowed this to happen. Also, it was in fact US politicians that made it their life's mission to disarm Ukraine for mysterious reasons while telling them "all will be fine, the US will be here for you"...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Article with some details says the Mig-31s are expected to be unusable as anything but scrap.  Reliability of this source is suspect.

Another article.  This one suggests some of the Mig-31s may be salvageable.

Ten-year old article about a Mig31 crash and the repair arrangements with Russia.  Kazakh source.

UA article

Beyond the obvious use of Mig-29s and Su-24s to support the Ukrainian fleet, there are some potential options.
Can a small number of Mig-31s be restored to flight status?  Even a couple would be useful, if they could be armed with a suitable LR missile.
Can some percentage of Mig-27s be turned into drone kamikazes?
View Quote

In the movie Firefox with Clint Eastwood (one of my Cold War favorites), it's the mythical "Firefox" in the movie also called a "Mig 31"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#31]

The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified the Congress about the two possible FMS programs on April 24, with contracts worth $700 million for the Netherlands and $1.275 billion for Poland. The Netherlands and Poland will get 265 AGM-88G missiles and 360 missiles, respectively, with each receiving also with eight space guidance sections and eight spare control sections.
View Quote

Also included in each contract are Dummy Air Training Missiles (DATM), missile containers, software, training, support equipment, spare and repair parts, embedded GPS receiver, M-Code, publications and technical documentation, transportation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistical support services and other related elements of logistics and program support.

The DSCA notice mentions that the proposed sales will improve the Netherlands’ and Poland’s capabilities to meet current and future threats by suppressing and destroying land or sea-land based radar emitters associated with enemy air defenses. This capability denies the adversary the use of its air defense systems, thereby improving the survivability of the allied tactical aircraft.

The FMS of the AARGM-ER to the Netherlands and Poland follow the ones to Australia and Finland last year, with requested 63 and 150 missiles, respectively. While the Netherlands, Poland and Finland would only employ the AGM-88G on the F-35A, Australia can also employ the new missile on its F/A-18F Super Hornets and EA-18G Growlers.
View Quote

The new Guidance Section features a passive anti-radiation homing receiver, satellite and inertial navigation system and a millimeter wave radar for terminal guidance, with the added ability to send images of the target via a satellite link before impact. The purpose of these new Guidance Section is to improve the effectiveness of the legacy HARM, especially against enemy radar and communications sites that would shut down to confuse incoming anti-radiation missiles (counter-shutdown capability) or pop-up threats.

As stated by the U.S. Navy, AARGM baseline capabilities include an expanded target set, counter-shutdown capability, advanced signals processing for improved detection and locating, geographic specificity providing aircrew the opportunity to define missile-impact zones and impact-avoidance zones, and a weapon impact-assessment broadcast capability providing for battle damage assessment cueing.
View Quote

The AARGM-ER builds up on these capabilities to obtain an even more advanced weapon that is being integrated on the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler and it is compatible for a future integration on all the variants of the F-35 Lightning II. The AARGM-ER combines the Guidance Section and Control Section of the AGM-88E with a new, larger rocket motor and a new warhead. The control surfaces have been redesigned too, obtaining aerodynamic strakes along the sides for increased lift and low-drag tail surfaces. The missile will reportedly have roughly double the range and speed of the AGM-88E.
View Quote

A good visualization on the system and the improvements.
U.S. NAVY & AIR FORCE INDUCT S-400 BUSTING AGM-88G AARGM-ER MISSILE #AGM88G #AARGMER #USNavy #S400
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#35]

I agree and share the sentiment. And I was born in Europe. And if the Russians were attacking Germany or Belgium, etc. I would probably be a little less enthusiastic about helping. But Ukraine IS A VICTIM of the same Western European corruption and ineptitude and punishing them further will neither punish the leftist commie assholes in the EU nor get them to really change. Letting Russia destroy Ukraine will NOT teach them a lesson or get them to change. We need to help Ukraine DESPITE the Euro-weenies that have allowed this to happen. Also, it was in fact US politicians that made it their life's mission to disarm Ukraine for mysterious reasons while telling them "all will be fine, the US will be here for you"...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

I personally feel that the third component is a feeling of being sick and tired, of being sick and tired of carrying the load defense wise for Europe, while they sneer down their noses and laugh at us for being poor uneducated, unsophisticated bumpkins who just don't understand how things work.

They've navel gazed and tried to build their socialist utopias's while flipping us the bird and not spending the agreed upon 2% GDP. So when this war started they sat on their collective hands waiting for us to do it, because well... we've always done it. They were all prepared to tut-tut, laugh and stage whisper with each other about how stupid we are and superior they are.

And then the U.S. did little to nothing, leaving Europe exposed. Their chickens have come home to roost and they didn't realize the world changed on them while they were refilling their beer mug.

When asked to help the cupboards were mostly bare. Remember back when this started Germany saying they didn't have the supplies to keep an infantry company in the field for more that a few weeks?

A year or so in they came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, the U.S. wasn't gonna do the heavy lifting for them anymore so maybe, just maybe they need to look at doing... something.

Now, another year in, they've got plans to do several somethings that will take anywhere between 1 and 5 years to do because of their 40 year navel gazing socialist utopia building kumbaya Russian dick sucking lifestyles.

We stopped talking to most of the European branch of our family over this war. The last of my civility died with their "Good Vibes from Washington" and "Zelensky just needs to talk to Putin to settle their differences like adults" conversation. The level of disconnect between reality and their perceived reality was too great to bridge.

Personally, I'm surprised Western Europe has stepped up and sent anything more than butt plugs and ball gags, two things which they seem to have in abundance.

I whole heartedly agree Itchy. Western Europe, and the U.S. in particular, not helping UA is as shameful and disgusting as what they did at the end of WWII when they repatriated people against their will to be butchered by the Soviets and allowed Stalin to keep Eastern Europe.

It was a travesty of justice, basic human rights, and a stain on the soul of our nation and our consciousness that I'm not sure can ever be forgiven. It was one of the first things I ever learned that made me ashamed of my country.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Have you posted the USMC sky hunter articles?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I believe so, it is sometimes hard to keep up with all of the various programs underway for our military currently.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:59:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Article by Dr Snyder addressed to Germany points out that the Ukrainians suffered as badly or worse from German actions than the rest of the USSR.

Satellite pix indicating damage from drone strike at Krasnodar airbase

Ukrainian “old man unit” fighting for free

Russia possibly threatening Kharkiv to stretch defenses

4 thermal sniper kills on lone Russians.  Reasonable clarity.

Hey, where’d it go?  Oh shit…

NSFW.  Russian hiding under a knocked-out BMP possibly has both legs blown off by Kamikaze.

Series of heavy kamikaze strikes on Russian positions in destroyed buildings.  Looks unpleasant!

EXTREEEEEEEEEMELY NSFW.  First drop wounds Russian, second takes his head off.

Russian soldiers still being trained on rubber band tourniquets

Series of drone drops and kamikazes on Russians in trench system.  Several good hits.

Lunchtime for a hawk.  DON’T LOOK IF YOU’RE SQUEAMISH.  NSFW.

Russian national murders two Ukrainian soldiers in Germany for medical rehab.

A pile of very dead Russians

Czechs say they have German AFD politician Petr Bystrom on film taking cash from a Russian propagandist operative

Russian BTR runs over two separate mines and blows two separate Russians out of the vehicle.

A few drone drops on Russians

Nighttime, Russian T-90 eats several kamikazes.  Probably mobility killed at end.  Good footage, several kamikazes lined up for immediate use.

Pair of Russians killed in the outhouse

Russian official thanks grieving mother for her son’s useless death.

30m k-2 battalion drone video

An Azov tank shooting up Russian positions in the forest
View Quote

That old man unit is awesome. They're told they are too old to join the military so they just fight anyway. Kind of seems like a typical attitude among ukrainians.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Firstly, there has been a staggering loss of armored personnel carriers and IFVs in general. The addition of a steel roof provides some psychological motivation to soldiers to stay under that roof. Secondly, it is an attempt to harden vehicles as much as possible against drone attacks and reduce the number of damaged vehicles. Not all vehicles are recovered, and those that are recovered are becoming increasingly difficult to repair due to a lack of parts and equipment.    
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#43]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCSgeGtyh3c
View Quote

Very cool. Does the US allow this info to go public as a form a deterrence?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified the Congress about the two possible FMS programs on April 24, with contracts worth $700 million for the Netherlands and $1.275 billion for Poland. The Netherlands and Poland will get 265 AGM-88G missiles and 360 missiles, respectively, with each receiving also with eight space guidance sections and eight spare control sections.

Also included in each contract are Dummy Air Training Missiles (DATM), missile containers, software, training, support equipment, spare and repair parts, embedded GPS receiver, M-Code, publications and technical documentation, transportation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistical support services and other related elements of logistics and program support.

The DSCA notice mentions that the proposed sales will improve the Netherlands’ and Poland’s capabilities to meet current and future threats by suppressing and destroying land or sea-land based radar emitters associated with enemy air defenses. This capability denies the adversary the use of its air defense systems, thereby improving the survivability of the allied tactical aircraft.

The FMS of the AARGM-ER to the Netherlands and Poland follow the ones to Australia and Finland last year, with requested 63 and 150 missiles, respectively. While the Netherlands, Poland and Finland would only employ the AGM-88G on the F-35A, Australia can also employ the new missile on its F/A-18F Super Hornets and EA-18G Growlers.

The new Guidance Section features a passive anti-radiation homing receiver, satellite and inertial navigation system and a millimeter wave radar for terminal guidance, with the added ability to send images of the target via a satellite link before impact. The purpose of these new Guidance Section is to improve the effectiveness of the legacy HARM, especially against enemy radar and communications sites that would shut down to confuse incoming anti-radiation missiles (counter-shutdown capability) or pop-up threats.

As stated by the U.S. Navy, AARGM baseline capabilities include an expanded target set, counter-shutdown capability, advanced signals processing for improved detection and locating, geographic specificity providing aircrew the opportunity to define missile-impact zones and impact-avoidance zones, and a weapon impact-assessment broadcast capability providing for battle damage assessment cueing.

The AARGM-ER builds up on these capabilities to obtain an even more advanced weapon that is being integrated on the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler and it is compatible for a future integration on all the variants of the F-35 Lightning II. The AARGM-ER combines the Guidance Section and Control Section of the AGM-88E with a new, larger rocket motor and a new warhead. The control surfaces have been redesigned too, obtaining aerodynamic strakes along the sides for increased lift and low-drag tail surfaces. The missile will reportedly have roughly double the range and speed of the AGM-88E.

Huh, it’s almost like as a result of this war, we’re learning valuable lessons and making necessary improvements practically for free.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Any place to see those vids besides having to join Reddit?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Any place to see those vids besides having to join Reddit?
View Quote

Lots of people post twitter and telegram, but then you have to join twitter and telegram.
There’s no way around one or the other.  I was already a reddit member but I draw the line at twitter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#48]

There is a big lid on letting out videos from those for some reason.  Sometimes it is because the area could be geolocated and the Russians would know where these were launched and what units are getting hit.  Honestly compared to the Ukrainian fpv drones I think they are mild.
View Quote

Yeah well it helps when your quad copter has a RPG7 or 60mm mortar round on it. Lol

I read the Switchblade's warhead is basically a 40mm HEDP round. And while I never seen one used in combat. I know others who have and they say it kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Russian trains "explode" in blow to Putin’s war effort I Ukraine: The Latest | Podcast
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top