Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 69
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Revealing CCP abuses abroad to people on social media should be #1 priority everyday for USG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This is the 'belt' part of the Chinese "Belt & Road Initiative"

Revealing CCP abuses abroad to people on social media should be #1 priority everyday for USG

TIA!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SnoGoRider:
Is this like a Ukraine vs Russia thread 2.0? Sure looks like it.
View Quote

Right now it is, but we are open to good info from the China-Taiwan (and Philippines, etc) and some of the stupidity lighting off in the Western Hemisphere and the middle east as well.  We're not picky!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#3]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

How does one lose a tank
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

I would also point out that several M1 and M1A1 variants have gone missing over the years, so if the Russians do not already have one the FSB is even worse at that kind of thing than we expected.

How does one lose a tank

During the demob after the Cold War, a LOT of stuff went missing.  It was chaotic, as we were demobing headquarters units in Europe at the same time we were standing down some combat units while sending others to the Balkans and the middle east.  We also were shipping stuff from prepo stocks with little oversight, as we sent equipment from storage sites that were closing through installations that were closing and arsenals that were closing were signing stuff to other commands that were also downsizing and/or closing.  I was in Germany 5-10 years after the initial drawdown and we were still seeing the impacts of this, as one of my first duties when I was a Battalion S4 was to clear the backlog of Reports of Survey for missing/lost equipment in my unit.  At a couple of points, I sat down with various investigators who were still looking for stuff that had gone missing years before.  I would like to say things were settling down at the turn of the century; however, I would be lying!  We continued to close down installations and turn in equipment to places like Pimasens that looked like they were 3/4 abandoned, and no one was tracking the piles of turned-in equipment that was more-or-less stacked in warehouses upon turn in until the local-national workforce (which had been seriously downsized) "got around to it" or the yards full of tanks, howitzers, APCs, etc that looked like they had been sitting around unattended for a long time. Once 9/11 happened, the tracking of turned-in equipment fell to the bottom of the "give a shit" list, as there were mountains of M923-series trucks, older HMMWVs, HF/AM radios, furniture, tentage, and you name it as heavy units were sent to the GWOT and redeployed to CONUS at the end of their tours. Any equipment they left in Europe was turned in.  In the early 2000's, the Russians were the "good guys" in the GWOT.  Fast Forward to 2012 when ISIS was running amok in Al Anbar and Iraqi Army units were walking away (or running away) from Motor Pools full of M1A1 (IQ) tanks.  I'm sure the Russians had at leas one example of an M1 or M1A1 before Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Another meat assault led by Chinese made ATVs except it looks like they're own tank is firing on them I'm actually shocked the ATVs made it to their objective

View Quote

it looks like the Russians took the treeline they were attacking. Is that right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Interesting. If that assault was done against a defended position then the UA is in terrible shape. Anyone with a PKM should have stopped that attack from 600 yards out. Surviving Russians should kill that tank commander too.
View Quote

What was that medieval movie? King says to his commander "Tell the archers to fire." Commander says "But sire, we will also hit our own men.?" King says "But we have reserves and they don't. Tell the archers to fire."
Freaking Russians. "Tell the tank to keep firing."
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

What was that medieval movie? King says to his commander "Tell the archers to fire." Commander says "But sire, we will also hit our own men.?" King says "But we have reserves and they don't. Tell the archers to fire."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Interesting. If that assault was done against a defended position then the UA is in terrible shape. Anyone with a PKM should have stopped that attack from 600 yards out. Surviving Russians should kill that tank commander too.

Braveheart.
“Beg pardon Sire, won’t we hit our own troops?”
“Yes, but we’ll hit theirs as well.  We have reserves.  Attack!”
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#9]
More Georgia background - what exactly is being proposed and protested?

From Human Rights Watch:
On February 14, a faction in the parliament formed by the members who left the ruling Georgian Dream party but remained in the parliamentary majority, proposed the On Transparency of Foreign Influence bill, which requires nongovernmental groups, and print, online and broadcast media that receive 20 percent or more of their annual revenue – either financial support or in-kind contributions – from a “foreign power” to register as “agents of foreign influence” with the Justice Ministry. The bill defines “foreign powers” as foreign government agencies, foreign citizens, legal entities not established under Georgian legislation, and foundations, associations, companies, unions and other organizations or associations under international law.
On February 22, the same members of parliament registered another version of the bill, which expands the scope of “agents of foreign influence” to include individuals and increases the penalties for failure to comply from fines to up to five years in prison. The bill says that a physical individual or a legal person, on the basis of the “interests of foreign force,” would be considered an “agent” of a “foreign power” if they: participate in ongoing political activities in Georgia; act as a public relations adviser, advertising agent, employee of a news service, or political adviser; or finance various organizations in Georgia, lend money or other property, and represent the interests of a foreign power in Georgia in relations with state bodies. Many of these vague concepts, including “political activities,” are not clearly defined in law and could further restrict the right to freedom of association.
View Quote

From Radio Free Europe
Matteo Mecacci, director of the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) at the OSCE, told RFE/RL's Georgian Service on April 30 that the bill, which has sparked huge protests in the capital, Tbilisi, and called into question the Caucasus nation’s subsequent path towards membership in the European Union, will have "negative consequences for civil society.

"The draft law imposes restrictions on civil society organizations for receiving foreign funding, which is too broad. Some of the provisions are also vague which increases the risk of arbitrary application,” he explained.
If adopted, the law would require organizations and groups to register as "foreign agents" if they receive more than 20 percent of funding from abroad.

"I understand that the majority of civil society organizations in Georgia receive financial support from international donor institutions, (and indeed almost all larger organizations voluntarily reveal the list of their donors),” Mecacci said in written remarks to questions from RFE/RL.
Critics say the legislation is similar to a law in Russia that first targeted NGOs and rights groups before being expanded to include media organizations, individual journalists, YouTube vloggers, and others who receive money from outside of Russia. Kyrgyzstan has passed similar legislation and lawmakers in Kazakhstan have been mulling such a move.
Backers of the Georgian bill defend it by claiming it is similar to legislation in Western countries, including the United States.

That comparison was misleading if not flat-out false, argued Mecacci.

“There is a fundamental difference between the draft law under discussion and legislation in the U.S. and some other countries.
View Quote

Russia does indeed abuse "foreign agent" designations, applying it to people who merely speak out against the government. But clearly labeling organizations that receive foreign funds is a valid requirement IMO. If a media outlet receives large amounts of funding from foreign sources, should you know about it? For instance, the Washington Times that we frequently cite for non-MSM stories is owned  under "a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity." Does that make it invalid? No. Is it good to know? Yes. Should non-profit organizations operating for social purposes be known and understood for who they are? Yes. For instance, don't you think it's worth knowing what the Open Society Foundations do with their $21B in annual spending? Heck yeah!

So while it's easy to look at what's going on in Tbilisi and support the people, the truth is more nuanced than the headlines would have you believe. IMO, the bill serves a legitimate public purpose, but is too broad and too vague. As such, it should be withdrawn and rewritten.

BTW, domestic politics in Georgia are... challenging. Post-Soviet states are a mixed bag, with some becoming very successful democracies (see Estonia) and some being repressive dictatorships (like Kazahkstan). An active electorate that takes to the street regularly is probably the best thing Georgia can have, even if instability serves Russian regional interests.

BTW, if anybody here has been in Georgia or has contacts in Georgia that can add context to my background please add it!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View All Quotes

We have such an investment in the idea of a gold-plated solution to everything, I think we probably aren’t learning as much as we could.
I also suspect that the solutions we think we have in hand aren’t going to be as effective as assumed, and contrary to both the Russians and Ukrainians, most Americans no longer have the technical savvy to find solutions themselves.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Africa always wins and after a bunch of this from the Chinese when they do get around to winning its going to be gruesome.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By klinc:

Africa always wins and after a bunch of this from the Chinese when they do get around to winning its going to be gruesome.
View All Quotes

Agree but we need to help speed up the process.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Capta:

We have such an investment in the idea of a gold-plated solution to everything, I think we probably aren’t learning as much as we could.
I also suspect that the solutions we think we have in hand aren’t going to be as effective as assumed, and contrary to both the Russians and Ukrainians, most Americans no longer have the technical savvy to find solutions themselves.
View All Quotes

Part of the issue is that higher ranking officers can't make the claim they're "managing" a multi-billion dollar program if they're managing the acquisition of 3,000 DJI Mavic type quadcopters. There's also still this mindset that these small UAS are "toys". Now they're finding out these "toys" can wreak havoc even on a "modern" battlefield. I gave up talking with senior DoD folks years ago trying to get them to understand the potential of the technology. Most of the working level folks "got it" pretty quickly. Management, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#14]
???????. ?????. ???? 802. ?????????????

Today is Infantry Day. Congratulations Together we will win! Glory to Ukraine!

Video:
47 separate mechanized brigade
3 separate assault brigade
93rd OMBr Kholodny Yar
28 OMBr named after Knights of the Winter Campaign
and the Department of Public Relations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

???????? ???? ??????. ???????. ????? ??????????! ????? ???????!

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I have feared OTS commercial drones and FPV drones since about 2017 when I realized a spec ops squad camped out a a major airbase could take out parked jets and shutdown runway ops.. and that's before weapons were put on them. I have tried my best within the DoD to get senior leaders and even "Weapons School" patches to acknowledge that this is a serious threat and continue to get scoffed at so I've almost given up. The problem is a cultural one. Many senior GO/FO leaders grew up on "sexy" multi-million dollar weapon systems like fighter jets so drones are beneath them despite how low or high tech they might be.

AI-driven, networked weaponized drone swarms that can complete the ISR and Targeting process on their own are the future. I can envision them small enough to the point they can be delivered behind enemy lines onboard stealth cruise missiles and wreck havoc on fixed bases. Does that mean 5th and 6th gen jets are going away? Absolutely not but these swarms will complement traditional programs.

And therein lies the problem of why Western senior leaders avoid the drone discussion.. they see it as one or the other as opposed to one with the other.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Part of the issue is that higher ranking officers can't make the claim they're "managing" a multi-billion dollar program if they're managing the acquisition of 3,000 DJI Mavic type quadcopters. There's also still this mindset that these small UAS are "toys". Now they're finding out these "toys" can wreak havoc even on a "modern" battlefield. I gave up talking with senior DoD folks years ago trying to get them to understand the potential of the technology. Most of the working level folks "got it" pretty quickly. Management, not so much.
View All Quotes

We have such an investment in the idea of a gold-plated solution to everything, I think we probably aren't learning as much as we could.
I also suspect that the solutions we think we have in hand aren't going to be as effective as assumed, and contrary to both the Russians and Ukrainians, most Americans no longer have the technical savvy to find solutions themselves.

Couldn't agree more with both of you. The sad part is we realize it's the young troop that is going to suffer by our senior leaders lack of forethought and vision. And we'll be once again racing (if not already) to find an adhoc solution. But I guess that's become something of the American way.. figure out as we go and hope it's faster than the bad guy can figure it out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#17]
#Summary for the morning of May 6, 2024

▪️For the first time in a long time, there are reports of the enemy using MBEC near Crimea. Off the western coast of the peninsula, up to 5 unmanned boats of the Ukrainian Armed Forces were destroyed, the target of which was military boats in one of the bays in the area of ​​the settlement. Black Sea. There were no losses or casualties on our part.

▪️ In the Kherson direction, the Russian Armed Forces are increasingly using FABs with UMPC along the enemy shore, destroying concentrations of enemy forces. The enemy responds with artillery and many drones. There have been reports of two cases of the use of ammunition by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which cause severe burns in victims, after which the upper layers of the soft tissues of the victims are covered with a “wooden crust”. Military doctors argue about the nature of the burns; local fighters call the ammunition “napalm.” The enemy maintains the presence of small groups of infantry in Krynki.

▪️On the Zaporozhye front in Rabotino, assault operations by the Russian Armed Forces continue, reports of the dense work of enemy artillery. North-west of Verbovoy, the enemy tried to deliver an assault group of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in an infantry fighting vehicle, but was covered by our fire. Several enemy attacks were repelled.

▪️On the Vremevsky ledge, battles in Urozhainy and near Staromayorsky report the advance of our troops east of Urozhainy 1 km to the north.

▪️In the South Donetsk direction, the Russian Armed Forces are fighting in Krasnogorovka near the industrial zone after installing a flag at a fireproof plant. Clashes in Georgievka and near the eastern outskirts of Paraskovievka.

▪️In the Pokrovsky direction (west of Avdeevka) there are battles in Netailovo. To the west of Berdychi, the Russian Armed Forces are conducting an offensive in the Novoprovsky area. After the success in Arkhangelskoye, the offensive of our troops towards Kalinovo develops.

▪️In the direction to Chasov Yar there are heavy battles on the eastern outskirts of the city. The battle continues for the flanks of the front sector: in the north - at Bogdanovka, in the south - at Ivanovsky (Red).

▪️In the Kharkov and Sumy directions, strikes are constantly being carried out on enemy positions; the X-51 Lancet UAV is increasingly being used to destroy armored vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In the rear areas of these areas, enemy targets are also under constant attack.

▪️In the Belgorod region, Stary Khutor of the Valuysky urban district was shelled, Shebekino was hit by a UAV of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. From the Bryansk region they reported shelling in the area in the village of Lomakovka, Starodub district.

▪️The enemy used 75 different ammunition to attack the civilian population of the DPR, two civilians were wounded in the village. Nikolaevka as a result of bombs being dropped from an enemy drone.

▪️Summary compiled by: Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/41690

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:09:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]

Ukrainian New Weapons: Drones, Robots, Radios, Mines Detection, AI. Brave1 Cluster
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:24:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Ten years of Azov with Redis.
«?????» — 10 ?????. ?????????????? «??????»
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Ukraine War: 'If we go home, a lot of inexperienced soldiers will die'

1 hour ago

By James Waterhouse, BBC Ukraine correspondent, Donetsk region

Under the rich, leafy cover of the Ukrainian spring, an artillery unit awaits.

Only a fraction of their job is firing rockets from their 50-year-old launcher. Most of their time is spent digging a new bunker into the hillside.

They're outgunned and outmanned by the Russian invaders, 5km (3 miles) away in the eastern Donetsk region, who are inching closer.

Incoming American ammunition is expected to help, but how the Ukrainian government is addressing its need to recruit is controversial.

A new mobilisation bill passed earlier in April was criticised for not including a limit on time served. A clause aimed at demobilising soldiers after three years was dropped at the army's request.

Now, war-weary troops have told the BBC the military needs to "rethink" how it recruits.

Despite Kyiv lowering the conscription age to find replacements, it's not just a numbers game.

Thousands of trained troops like Oleksandr, a radio operator in the 21st separate Mechanised Brigade, have been fighting for the best part of two years without a proper rest.

"If we go home," he says, "inexperienced soldiers might be able to hold the line against the Russians, but a lot of them will die."

He taps his handset in a bunker where he also sleeps with four other soldiers. The thickness of the air tells you it's well lived in.

Outside, the woodland provides an illusion of calm, periodically jarred by a whistling artillery shell overhead.

This time last year, the arrival of spring's hard soil brought a sense of optimism with an anticipated counter-offensive. The conditions make it easier to move men and machinery.

Today, it just makes these troops' job of digging new defences more difficult.

"My men have become professionals after fighting for so long," says their commander with the call sign "Chyzh", proudly.

He points to their mobile rocket launcher under camouflage netting.

"They know each vehicle is like a woman," he claims. "Each one is individual, with her own whims and characteristics."

Tucked away, their 1970s truck symbolises the current state of Ukraine's military. Old-fashioned in many ways yet modern in others - with a GPS guiding system - it lacks one key resource: rockets.

While Russia's army isn't a model of modern warfare, it is advancing on multiple parts of the eastern front line. It's why we're seeing new Ukrainian trenches being dug 30km (19 miles) back.

The invading forces have learnt tactical lessons and enjoy air superiority. Moscow has also drastically increased weapons production and is mobilising men at a faster rate than Ukraine can.

The sentiment in our wooded trench mirrors the Ukrainian government's mantra of "fighting for as long as it takes".

While the soldiers we meet might not have felt they could speak entirely freely, it's not an issue for Illia, whom I meet in the relative privacy of the main square of Kramatorsk, in eastern Ukraine.

Illia, a combat medic, thinks the military has been dishonest about what signing up means.

He argues that it would be more effective if recruiters told new soldiers that the first six months are "super hard" - but that they would then be trained for more specific roles.

"The infantry is the hardest job in the military," he says.

Tired as Illia is, the idea of fighting alongside a petrified conscript in a trench is not an appealing one. He also thinks a lack of transparency about the realities of the battlefield is further putting men off from registering to fight.

"What if this war lasts 10 years?"

Back in Kyiv, as we stroll down her normal jogging route, local MP Inna Sovsun explains to me why she abstained on the mobilisation bill vote. Her partner serves as a frontline medic.

"I spend countless nights worrying where he is," she explains. "It's the experience of millions of Ukrainians."

Ms Sovsun thinks there should be more of a focus on rotation, arguing Ukraine has enough men of a fighting age to swap with the 500,000 or so who are currently fighting.

"There are highly trained soldiers who can't be swapped, but what about the people in trenches?" she asks. "It takes time to train them, but what if this war lasts for 10 years?"

"We can't pretend to rely on the same people who started serving on day one."

Until now, Ukraine's army recruitment has been hampered by historical corruption claims and diminishing volunteers.

Now ministers are pursuing two key objectives: restoring trust in the system whilst increasing the pressure on men to fight.

Both made more difficult by the battlefield not going Ukraine's way.

Additional reporting by Hanna Chornous, Thanyarat Doksone, Anastasiia Levchenko and Hanna Tsyba.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68932127

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#21]
The Cheka-OGPU learned that a monitoring and defibrillation system was purchased for the personal resuscitation of Ramzan Kadyrov in Chechnya; ventilator; device for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and a number of other equipment. We showed the list of equipment to the resuscitation doctor and this is how he commented:  “A set for one patient suffering from a serious illness, to provide him with urgent care on site, monitor vital functions, and also for the possibility of transporting him by plane or incubated car.”

As the Cheka-OGPU previously reported, after the “noise” with Ramzan Kadyrov’s hospitalization at the Central Clinical Hospital, all the equipment necessary to create a world-class intensive care unit in Chechnya was purchased. Now, if there is a sharp and urgent exacerbation of the disease in the head of Chechnya, it does not need to be urgently managed by the Central Clinical Hospital, but, on the contrary, specialists from the Central Clinical Hospital can urgently arrive in Chechnya.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46315

The Cheka-OGPU became aware of official damage data after an allegedly reflected missile attack on Crimea. In total, according to the Russian Armed Forces, on the night of April 30, 12 MGM-140B ATACMS ballistic missiles were fired at two targets on the peninsula.

The first target was the military unit 61261 Air Defense of the Southern Military District of the Russian Defense Ministry. There was a large fire at the facility, which was extinguished only in the morning. 6 servicemen were hospitalized with varying degrees of injuries.

The second target was the military airfield in Dzhankoy, which was attacked twice over the past month. On the territory of military unit 46453, where the 39th Guards Helicopter Regiment of the 27th Mixed Aviation Division, 4 Aerospace Forces and Air Defense Commands of the Southern Military District of the Russian Defense Ministry are stationed, 5 servicemen were injured. Emergency services and police were not allowed into the facility: the fire was localized on their own.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/47927

Sources from the Cheka-OGPU report serious problems with intermediaries involved in processing migrants in Russia. Currently, all the main structures that were associated with the GUVM (Department for Migration Affairs) of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation have frozen their activities. In Moscow, almost all intermediary structures that collected packages of documents for obtaining patents, invitations, visas, etc. were associated with the Agalarov clan. At one time, after fellow countryman Telman Ismailov fled from Russia, back in 2011, the Agalarovs took over the network of intermediary offices of the then FMS. Personal friendship with the director of the Federal Migration Service Romodanovsky allowed the Agalarov clan to do business with work permits and visas. From the FMS, the issue of interaction was personally supervised by the head of the internal security of the Russian Migration Service, Anatoly Faleev.

The workhorse who directly led the production process was Yuri Sudalin, the former head of the department for issuing work permits in Moscow. At one time, he was fired from the Federal Migration Service due to abuses related to the issuance of work permits. After Romodanovsky’s resignation, the network of offices, together with the work team, smoothly passed under the roof of the new boss, Valentina Kazanova, who, as the Cheka-OGPU wrote last year, celebrated her daughter’s wedding in Crocus on a grand scale. After the terrorist attack in Crocus, the Agalarovs were forced to go into the shadows and their mediation business will apparently be completely squeezed out. According to a source from the Cheka-OGPU, the likelihood that Kazakova’s resignation will take place after May 8 is extremely high. Therefore, the main shadow designer Yuri Sudalin on May 6 irrevocably moves with his entire family for permanent residence in Germany.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/47954

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Statement issued by the Islamic Resistance:

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
“Permission is given to those who fight because they have been wronged, and indeed, God is Able to grant them victory.”
Believe God Almighty

In support of our steadfast Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip and in support of their valiant and honorable resistance, and in response to the enemy attack that targeted the Bekaa region, the bombing of the Mujahideen of the Islamic Resistance at 09:00 on Monday 05/06/2024, the headquarters of the Golan Division (210) At Nafah base with dozens of Katyusha rockets

“And victory is only from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.”
Monday 05-06-2024 AD
27 Shawwal 1445 AH

https://t.me/C_Military1/49822

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:23:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I might've missed this in Capta's Reddit RoundupTM yesterday, but this is a dude being blown into tiny pieces.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:41:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Putin instructed the Ministry of Defense to conduct exercises to test the use of non-strategic nuclear weapons.

The exercises are aimed, among other things, at unconditionally ensuring the sovereignty of the Russian Federation in response to provocative statements and threats of individual Western officials against Russia.

https://t.me/RIAKremlinpool/12930

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I might've missed this in Capta's Reddit RoundupTM yesterday, but this is a dude being blown into tiny pieces.

View Quote

Truly brutal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I think it was originally posted a few days ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Cope cages on submarines...

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:02:13 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I can't wait until they try this shit in Afghanistan.   I hope their is video of the results.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:25:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#32]
? ????? ??????? ?????????? ?????

https://twitter.com/DI_Ukraine/status/1787384782923469294

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:05:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#34]

A native of Ukraine recruited into the Russian army allegedly fatally destroyed six Russian servicemen and escaped. His motivation was the Russian strike on Kharkiv, which led to his elderly mother having a stroke.

Now they are trying to find him in the “DPR”, but apparently he fled to the territory of Ukraine.

According to sources in the Russian media, a certain Yuri Galushko, 60, destroyed six servicemen and finished them off with control shots, after which he managed to escape with a weapon. The "DPR" announced a hunt for him, but they were not able to catch him.

He was called up from the penal colony by occupational formations on February 28, 2024, and carried out this act on 4 May.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

The Ghost of John Boyd
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#37]

I have feared OTS commercial drones and FPV drones since about 2017 when I realized a spec ops squad camped out a a major airbase could take out parked jets and shutdown runway ops.. and that's before weapons were put on them. I have tried my best within the DoD to get senior leaders and even "Weapons School" patches to acknowledge that this is a serious threat and continue to get scoffed at so I've almost given up. The problem is a cultural one. Many senior GO/FO leaders grew up on "sexy" multi-million dollar weapon systems like fighter jets so drones are beneath them despite how low or high tech they might be.

AI-driven, networked weaponized drone swarms that can complete the ISR and Targeting process on their own are the future. I can envision them small enough to the point they can be delivered behind enemy lines onboard stealth cruise missiles and wreck havoc on fixed bases. Does that mean 5th and 6th gen jets are going away? Absolutely not but these swarms will complement traditional programs.

And therein lies the problem of why Western senior leaders avoid the drone discussion.. they see it as one or the other as opposed to one with the other.
View All Quotes

Well said, each has their place and both types of systems can be made to work together to compliment each other.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Ukraine War: 'If we go home, a lot of inexperienced soldiers will die'

1 hour ago

By James Waterhouse, BBC Ukraine correspondent, Donetsk region

Under the rich, leafy cover of the Ukrainian spring, an artillery unit awaits.

Only a fraction of their job is firing rockets from their 50-year-old launcher. Most of their time is spent digging a new bunker into the hillside.

They're outgunned and outmanned by the Russian invaders, 5km (3 miles) away in the eastern Donetsk region, who are inching closer.

Incoming American ammunition is expected to help, but how the Ukrainian government is addressing its need to recruit is controversial.

A new mobilisation bill passed earlier in April was criticised for not including a limit on time served. A clause aimed at demobilising soldiers after three years was dropped at the army's request.

Now, war-weary troops have told the BBC the military needs to "rethink" how it recruits.

Despite Kyiv lowering the conscription age to find replacements, it's not just a numbers game.

Thousands of trained troops like Oleksandr, a radio operator in the 21st separate Mechanised Brigade, have been fighting for the best part of two years without a proper rest.

"If we go home," he says, "inexperienced soldiers might be able to hold the line against the Russians, but a lot of them will die."

He taps his handset in a bunker where he also sleeps with four other soldiers. The thickness of the air tells you it's well lived in.

Outside, the woodland provides an illusion of calm, periodically jarred by a whistling artillery shell overhead.

This time last year, the arrival of spring's hard soil brought a sense of optimism with an anticipated counter-offensive. The conditions make it easier to move men and machinery.

Today, it just makes these troops' job of digging new defences more difficult.

"My men have become professionals after fighting for so long," says their commander with the call sign "Chyzh", proudly.

He points to their mobile rocket launcher under camouflage netting.

"They know each vehicle is like a woman," he claims. "Each one is individual, with her own whims and characteristics."

Tucked away, their 1970s truck symbolises the current state of Ukraine's military. Old-fashioned in many ways yet modern in others - with a GPS guiding system - it lacks one key resource: rockets.

While Russia's army isn't a model of modern warfare, it is advancing on multiple parts of the eastern front line. It's why we're seeing new Ukrainian trenches being dug 30km (19 miles) back.

The invading forces have learnt tactical lessons and enjoy air superiority. Moscow has also drastically increased weapons production and is mobilising men at a faster rate than Ukraine can.

The sentiment in our wooded trench mirrors the Ukrainian government's mantra of "fighting for as long as it takes".

While the soldiers we meet might not have felt they could speak entirely freely, it's not an issue for Illia, whom I meet in the relative privacy of the main square of Kramatorsk, in eastern Ukraine.

Illia, a combat medic, thinks the military has been dishonest about what signing up means.

He argues that it would be more effective if recruiters told new soldiers that the first six months are "super hard" - but that they would then be trained for more specific roles.

"The infantry is the hardest job in the military," he says.

Tired as Illia is, the idea of fighting alongside a petrified conscript in a trench is not an appealing one. He also thinks a lack of transparency about the realities of the battlefield is further putting men off from registering to fight.

"What if this war lasts 10 years?"

Back in Kyiv, as we stroll down her normal jogging route, local MP Inna Sovsun explains to me why she abstained on the mobilisation bill vote. Her partner serves as a frontline medic.

"I spend countless nights worrying where he is," she explains. "It's the experience of millions of Ukrainians."

Ms Sovsun thinks there should be more of a focus on rotation, arguing Ukraine has enough men of a fighting age to swap with the 500,000 or so who are currently fighting.

"There are highly trained soldiers who can't be swapped, but what about the people in trenches?" she asks. "It takes time to train them, but what if this war lasts for 10 years?"

"We can't pretend to rely on the same people who started serving on day one."

Until now, Ukraine's army recruitment has been hampered by historical corruption claims and diminishing volunteers.

Now ministers are pursuing two key objectives: restoring trust in the system whilst increasing the pressure on men to fight.

Both made more difficult by the battlefield not going Ukraine's way.

Additional reporting by Hanna Chornous, Thanyarat Doksone, Anastasiia Levchenko and Hanna Tsyba.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68932127

View Quote

Same reason many Thud pilots reupped  knowing the Washington suits were feeding them into the maw.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:52:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
US EW system.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]

GeoConfirmed UKR.

Did Ukraine target an Iskander site using ATACMS on May 4th as suggested?

We have confirmation through satellite imagery that at the selected site, -what seems to be- Iskander launchers and other vehicles were present in significant numbers (over 10) a few days before the reported strike. Unfortunately, we cannot share the satellite imagery due to copyright restrictions.

Sentinel satellite imagery from April 15th to May 5th shows vehicle movements. (marked in red squares).
This imagery also captured the result of fires erupting at different locations within the site.

Key facts:  

Pre-Strike Evidence: The site was identified as an Iskander launch site with over 10 vehicles present a few days before May 4th.

Fires on May 4th: Fires were observed at different locations within the site on May 4th, by FIRMS.
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1786687702802268230

Aftermath of the fires was visible on May 5th by Sentinal. (See below)

Claims:  4 ATACMS were shot down during the night  (Source: Russian Ministry of Defense) https://t.me/mod_russia/38237

Insinuation that vehicles were damaged/destroyed. (Source: Ukrainian channel).
https://t.me/tivaz_artillery/3822

Given the timing, the Russian MOD's announcement, and the history of the site, the evidence strongly points to the fires being the result of an ATACMS strike, rather than a random or accidental occurrence.

The damage or destruction of vehicles requires further investigation following the emergence of new footage.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]

Next up, try putting some with anti aircraft missiles, and some with Harpoon anti ship missiles.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#43]
After the first hit, look toward the right hand side of the image as the tank continues to move forward, looks like two more Ukrainian drones setting up to strike it again in coordination.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:04:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]

Tick tock...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:10:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]

General Martin Herem. His statement was quoted in the Defence Forces yearbook published on May 3.
https://issuu.com/sodur/docs/annual_review_23

"We have significantly improved our maritime capabilities. Currently, both sea mines and anti-ship missiles are in the Navy's inventory. Together with Poland, Sweden and Finland, which have just joined NATO, we should be able to solve one of our key problems - a possible blockade in the Baltic Sea," the general said.

According to him, "after that, it becomes completely unlikely that the aggressor will be able to deploy ship and air defences in the Baltic Sea, which in turn allows us to provide air and sea support from allies."

The commander-in-chief urged the allies to adapt to the new conditions and make difficult decisions.
View Quote

The number of ships you have doesn't always matter if I can swarm them all with anti-ship cruise missiles and airpower.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:12:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]
lol, they had to get this close to destroy it in daylight.  Set up some cheaper Stinger missiles on a rotating remote control mount like they use for their camera system and fire away.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#49]
U.S. Missile defense.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Tabet Dhraa and Al-Byouk, in blocks: 270, 28, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10. The Israeli Defense Forces will work with extreme force against terrorist organizations in the areas of your compound - just as Action so far: Anyone who is near terrorist organizations puts his life and the life of his family at risk.

For your safety, the Israeli Defense Forces calls on you to evacuate immediately to the expanded humanitarian zone in Al-Shawasi. We warn you that Gaza City is still a dangerous combat zone. Refrain from the north. We warn you not to approach the eastern (Israeli border) and southern (Egyptian border) security walls.

The Israeli Defense Forces

Flyer 2:

The Israel Defense Forces announces the expansion of the humanitarian services area in the Yea Ward area. From now on, the humanitarian services area will extend from Deir al-Balah in the north to Blocks 2360, 2373 and 2371.

South and east until the center of Khan Yunis - as attached to the map in this area expanded humanitarian services will continue.

The IDF will continue to fight against terrorist organizations that use you as a human shield - so: Gaza City is considered a dangerous combat zone - refrain from returning to the area from the north of Wadi Gaza.

It is forbidden to approach the eastern and southern security fence.

The Israeli Defense Forces
View Quote

Page / 69
Top Top