Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NDHojo:

Yup I heard that as well on EU News this afternoon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NDHojo:
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
I heard a blurb on the radio that Russia said they would start targeting more logistic bases, particularly the ones storing Western equipment.

Yup I heard that as well on EU News this afternoon.

Sure they will.

They just left them alone out of good will prior. 🙄
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]

The Russian-made S-500 Prometheus, also known as the 55R6M Triumfator-M, represents a significant advancement in the realm of air defense systems. Developed by Almaz-Antey, this latest generation system is designed to engage and neutralize a wide range of aerial threats, including intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), hypersonic cruise missiles, and low-orbit satellites, at altitudes up to 200 kilometers.

The S-500 Prometheus, initiated in 2009 with its first prototype completed by 2012, emerged from its predecessors with capabilities far surpassing earlier models. The Russian Armed Forces received their first pre-production prototypes in 2016, as part of a strategic enhancement of their defensive capabilities. The final phase of the S-500's testing was conducted on February 22, 2024, demonstrating its ability to intercept hypersonic targets effectively, which are known for their high-speed, maneuverability, and ability to evade traditional missile defense systems.

View Quote

A pivotal component of the S-500 is its missile technology. It employs the 77N6-N and 77N6-N1 missiles, both capable of reaching hypersonic speeds and designed for kinetic impacts, delivering precision through sheer velocity. These missiles enhance the system's ability to handle threats at substantial distances, with a reported range of up to 600 kilometers. Furthermore, the system's response time of three to four seconds marks a substantial improvement over its predecessor, the S-400, which has a response time of nine to ten seconds.
View Quote

Waiting for images and video of it being toast like the S-400's Russia has deployed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Dont forget Best Korea and Cuba

They likey the pootin xi cum mustache bigtime

Eta: In before GD'd resident pootin Ball Fondlers!
View Quote

If I were the leader of Cuba right now, and I think it’s still Fidel or his brother, I wouldn’t want to get too involved with this mess that seems to be the still earlier days of the third world war.  Whatever problems the US has, I could see it easily sending some cruise/ballistic missiles that way if Cuba hosts Russian/Chinese assets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/news/2024/april/Russia_to_deploy_two_variants_of_S-500_Prometheus_air_defense_missile_system_in_Ukraine_925_001.jpg
Waiting for images and video of it being toast like the S-400's Russia has deployed.
View Quote

Bulgarian site says Russia approved more S-500 buys, I’ll be back to read your post when I’m more than half awake
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#5]

https://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/news/2024/april/Russia_to_deploy_two_variants_of_S-500_Prometheus_air_defense_missile_system_in_Ukraine_925_001.jpg
View Quote

I bet it's really good at intercepting GMLRS.

...with its face.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 103:
Wait, GD thinks this is a "new" axis? I was having discussions with friends about this "new axis" in 2008 lamenting the C team Obama was bringing in to handle foreign policy.
View Quote

Same but it’s moved from geopolitical discussion in mags like Foreign Affairs or the Diplomat to full steam ahead multi billion dollar agreements by China and Iran, a couple regional wars and much closer to a third world war so for most of the public it’s gone from something they never knew or vague hypothetical to concrete major developments that few can ignore.

But yeah we’re Sympatico on team Obama’s garbage FP team
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Bulgarian site says Russia approved more S-500 buys, I’ll be back to read your post when I’m more than half awake
View All Quotes

The thing is I don't think Russia can spare these because they need them for defense of Moscow or St. Petersburg.  They didn't want to move some of their S-300 and S-400 systems into the Ukrainian theater but it points to them losing enough assets that they need to be replaced.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Look man, no Chinaman, Ruskie or Persian ever called me white supremacy
View Quote

Maoist’s, slavic mafia thugs, and Jihadis love you based “true conservative” christian white man.

(dreamy eyes) Such a based Chad (dreamy eyes)
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

Good idea but please edit the title to include the North Korea. They are essential in the Ukrainian war, providing ammo to Kremlin. Possibly more.
View Quote

They’re covered as a proxy or client–state (of China) in the OP.  NK/BK doesn’t do anything without China’s say-so.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#10]

France is taking part in the training of ten 🇺🇦 pilots. They are aged between 20 and 22. Six of them are still training in the 🇬🇧 to learn English.

The other four, who speak fluent English, have little experience of flying civilian aircraft or training on the 🇺🇦 Air Force’s L39 trainer aircraft.

It’s only after this approximately six-month internship that the students will be introduced to flying the F-16.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#11]

The thing is I don't think Russia can spare these because they need them for defense of Moscow or St. Petersburg.  They didn't want to move some of their S-300 and S-400 systems into the Ukrainian theater but it points to them losing enough assets that they need to be replaced.
View Quote

Yeah I’m in the same line of thinking and I suspect it will be a couple? years before they have more than a handful of 500s built
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Yeah I’m in the same line of thinking and I suspect it will be a couple? years before they have more than a handful of 500s built
View All Quotes

Not to mention it is sort of a waste to send a unit that can intercept ICBM type targets to go into an area where the only threat is from short range ballistic missiles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 103:
Wait, GD thinks this is a "new" axis? I was having discussions with friends about this "new axis" in 2008 lamenting the C team Obama was bringing in to handle foreign policy.
View Quote

The “New Axis” refers back to the World War 2 bad guys.  The term “Axis” was coined by Mussolini.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Can we just call it The Meg? And have cute Chinese ladies as gifs?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I heard a blurb on the radio that Russia said they would start targeting more logistic bases, particularly the ones storing Western equipment.
View Quote

Yep. They were getting an airfield over by the polish border ready for F16s then back in Feb-Mar the Russians Zirconed it off the map.

Probably the bigger threat is long range missiles, which are smuggled into Ukraine using civilian vehicles and then are operated directly by nato special forces. The UK is going to try really hard to knock down the Kerch Strait bridge because they are losing the info war so badly
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Not to mention it is sort of a waste to send a unit that can intercept ICBM type targets to go into an area where the only threat is from short range ballistic missiles.
View Quote

I have a feeling Moscow just really doesn’t have the cash on hand and it’s likely China will pressure them for S-500s making availability even less so
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

Yep. They were getting an airfield over by the polish border ready for F16s then back in Feb-Mar the Russians Zirconed it off the map.

Probably the bigger threat is long range missiles, which are smuggled into Ukraine using civilian vehicles and then are operated directly by nato special forces. The UK is going to try really hard to knock down the Kerch Strait bridge because they are losing the info war so badly
View All Quotes

Please cite source for your contention that “LR missiles are being operated directly by NATO special forces.”
Also would be interested in the source of an airfield being “Zirconned” off the map.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#19]

I have a feeling Moscow just really doesn’t have the cash on hand and it’s likely China will pressure them for S-500s making availability even less so
View All Quotes

Those are two good points as well to consider.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

They may also be improving the S500 system by getting more operational experience vs western missiles using the upgraded radars that are part of the S500 package.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Note the supply of old RIM-7 missiles and AIM-9M missiles from older stockpiles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#22]
Seems a good way to bankrupt the world’s police force / your biggest threat. Pop off a 1/2 dozen proxie wars the USA is forced to finance, via cash payments / arms shipments via looting our existing war stockpiles, supplying tiawan, Israel, Ukraine, South Korea, and multiple other countries with billions / trillions in money and arms, while USA / Allys use $1 million + dollar missiles to shoot down $1200.00 cheap drones by the thousands every month.

Eventually between those tactics, americas gigantic welfare apparatus , and idiot politicians funding every single idiot sponsored program / fund / debt / of the entire USA and huge % of foreign countries problems , USA will wind up depleted weapons / ammunition inventories, unable to resupply due to deep financial issues, and unable to respond to domestic, or global issues and those same enemies are free to run amuck.  

Isn’t the strategic petroleum reserve still empty ? Looted by Biden to drop gas prices a few cents for optics and not refilled when prices were cheaper ?

Better option would be to heavily CUT spending and force our ally’s and ESPECIALLY European countries / nato countries get off their asses and start rebuilding their own militaries. Vs USA financing / protecting the entirety of nato alone as other nato members cut spending to blow money on importing and funding third world hordes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Seems a good way to bankrupt the world’s police force / your biggest threat. Pop off a 1/2 dozen proxie wars the USA is forced to finance, supplying tiawan, Israel, Ukraine, South Korea, and multiple other countries with billions / trillions in money and arms, while USA / Allie’s use $1 million missiles to shoot down $1200.00 cheap drones by the thousands every month.

Eventually between those tactics, americas gigantic welfare apparatus , and idiot politicians funding every idiot sponsored program USA will wind up depleted weapons / ammunition inventories, unable to resupply due to deep financial issues, and unable to respond to global issues and those enemies are free to run amuck.  

Isn’t the strategic petroleum reserve still empty ? Looted by Biden to drop gas prices a few cents for optics and not refilled when prices were cheaper ?
View Quote

Ukulele bois will call you names, but this is on point. Create regional bullshit conflicts and get us to insert ourselves into them until we cannot reliably supply our partners or ourselves with adequate munitions. At that point Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, and Hezbollah will launch simultaneous independent actions to take contested territory that each wants. There won’t be the manpower or munitions to deploy to stop any one of them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#24]

They may also be improving the S500 system by getting more operational experience vs western missiles using the upgraded radars that are part of the S500 package.
View Quote

I wouldn’t disagree with that and it’s not just S-500 but their S-350 systems and everyone worldwide is realizing oh shit buy a fuck ton of air defense but everyone worldwide is also well behind the curve on how much they need including the USA. We’re all scrambling
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

That's absolutely absurd

But it's the old commie logic "this year was the best wheat harvest ever!" Garbage.
View Quote

China treat Uighurs poorly, Iran does the same to certain groups I'm certain, it is the pot calling the kettle black, only in this case, their charges are at best exaggerated and of course it's being used for propaganda.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

China treat Uighurs poorly, Iran does the same to certain groups I'm certain, it is the pot calling the kettle black, only in this case, their charges are at best exaggerated and of course it's being used for propaganda.
View Quote

Iran going off on Kurds and I wanna say Balucks {spelling I’m still fucked up atm} minority
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

lol, you of all people here really don't get to use that emoji
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#28]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Not endorsing Russia claims but citing that in addition to S-500 another improved system Russia is developing is the S-350 and I think there’s another system but I’m just not on my A game today

https://tass.com/defense/1577183/amp

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#31]
Attachment Attached File

Beyond the primary regions - Mideast Europe and East Asia there’s stuff going down elsewhere like Russia successfully pushing out France from Sahel in Africa which the US was tied to supporting the French https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/04/24/niger-sahel-russia-africa-corps-united-states/

Attachment Attached File

Russia military instructors to provide combat training in Niger, replace French | WION Pulse

Attachment Attached File

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/20240412-russian-military-instructors-air-defence-system-arrive-in-niger-amid-deepening-ties
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#34]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#36]

да да!  Россия сильнее чем всё другие страны!  Слушай мне, у меня есть прадва!  

If it hasn't been answered already, this thread is about more than just the Russo-Ukrainian war, although a good deal of the posts so far are about it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:14:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#37]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Not entirely off topic, but quite a bit, I just love this video of French forces in Africa.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, it wasn't a decoy like the Russians hoped, and it had Cap'n Crunch with tungstenberries.

That Radar is swiss cheese by looking at the density of tungsten pellets into the cab of that vehicle.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL7dX6YXEAAduVG?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL7bK_AXgAAsTCg?format=jpg&name=900x900

There are signs of larger shrapnel damage on the radar.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL7k3K_WMAAz349?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View All Quotes
Well, it wasn't a decoy like the Russians hoped, and it had Cap'n Crunch with tungstenberries.

That Radar is swiss cheese by looking at the density of tungsten pellets into the cab of that vehicle.

“The damage is a result of a HIMARS MLRS strike, two missiles were used.

It is worth noting that the strike occurred immediately after the arrival of the air defense system at the position. In other words, the Ukrainian Armed Forces reconnaissance drone was waiting for the complex to arrive at previously known positions.

The HIMARS operator made an inaccurate strike, which resulted in minor damage to the radar.

Also, it is worth noting the death of the signalman of the radio technical troops unit, senior sergeant Andrey Nikolaevich Bushuev (position “Koshma”), due to shrapnel wounds.

Interesting point is that along with the S-300 air defense system, the Pantsir-S1 air defense system was also in position, which was responsible for covering the air defense system. However, the Pantsir failed to “detect” the approach of the missiles.

Kreminna direction, Lugansk region.

10-15 April 2024.”

Great post.  That meme killed me
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:19:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#42]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Russia, China, Iran and North Korea. Some call them "The Axis of Evil". I prefer to think of them as The Axis of Shitheads. However, either is fitting and acceptable.
View Quote

China is certainly allied with them ideologically, being totalitarian, but China is on China's side. China wants to dominate the world NOT to be a part of any alliance or share power.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

What's that cracked windshield company always advertising on Fox? Safelight? Now THIS would make for an awesome commercial!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cancard:

Appears our foreign policy of BS wars has been a total failure and we’re no longer the world’s super power.

Stevie Wonder saw this coming.
View Quote

Yeah. We fought some wars half-assed, we fought some wars we should never have started (then fought half-assed) and got involved in all sorts of stupid "nation building".

I'm very VERY fortunate that "my" war was DS#1 in 90-91 and we truly gave it 100%. At least for the first 100 hours then I guess the State Dept. took over so we could have Part II in 2003...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#49]

We also have a LOT of Russian propaganda threads where you are free to cheerlead for Russia, Iran, and Norks. It's certainly true that Russia is all in while the US and the West is giving maybe 3% effort. Keep in mind that military production continued to increase year over year in Nazi Germany until 1945! And "we" are basically in 1942 of the current war. Lets stand by and see what happens is the US gives maybe 20% effort and sends all our trash made before 1990 sitting in storage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top