Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Goddamnit motherfuckers.

Check your fucking bags! If you've used it for transporting guns and ammo, fucking clean that shit out before you get on a fucking plane!!  

This is some basic shit!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
This is an extremely easy thing to prevent. Don’t co-mingle your range bag with your travel bag. That and be a little careful when you’re packing.

To get all triggered about some country (of US state) freaking out over finding a bullet is on you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]
All the “he’s a moron” comments are absurd and these countries/ US States are garbage!  I shake my head in disbelief as these victimless “crimes” can destroy someone’s life over nothing more than a tool.

Some of us have this stuff everywhere, every room, every vehicle, trunks, rolling around on the floor of the truck.  I travel every week, we shoot frequently, adult children borrow my gear, the wife, it happens.  Empty casings/ammunition gets displaced where it shouldn’t.

Firearms, are a part of everyday work, life and family.  Some people just don’t get it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two sets of travel luggage.  A backpack and a hard shell carry on that is only for flying.  I don't use them for anything else.  When I get home they are unpacked and put up in the closet.   I have a second set for car travel that I don't worry about.  

On a side note, the beaches and snorkeling/scuba in Turks and Caicos are amazing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]
This is where it we were a real country, the state department would make a call and say release him today or all aid, support, assistance of any kind is cut off tomorrow. Including Internet pass through, banking, all of it.

They're a bullshit country
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:22:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Too-Tall] [#6]
Not ammo, but still...

So there I was....

Combat Engineer, doing some fun stuff on the range during the week.

Come Saturday, flying from Brussels to San Francisco via New York.

Security and boarding the flight to New York went fine. Arrived in New York, transfer time! No idea how or why but found myself in a line that went through a separate screening. Had to stick my hands in a thing resembling one of those air dryers in a bathroom. Felt a puff of air.

*sound of sirens*

I look up at the TSA guy sitting in the booth controlling the thingie. He was wearing glasses, and I could see the reflection of the computer monitor. It was flashing bright red.

That's about the only thing I could do, since a splitsecond later I was surrounded by 4 dudes who all but lifted me off the ground by my arms. Was taken to a separate room with a very thick door, lots of locks and no window.

It took about half an hour including a call to the Centre of Ops in Brussels to confirm who I was to get them to relax.

After they told me I was free to go, I said no problem, but wouldn't it have been more useful doing this check prior to flying to the US?

They kindly asked me to carry on with my travel, so I did.

Several showers between the range and the detection, guess the RDX was still in my fingernails...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GSD556:
All the “he’s a moron” comments are absurd and these countries/ US States are garbage!  I shake my head in disbelief as these victimless “crimes” can destroy someone’s life over nothing more than a tool.

Some of us have this stuff everywhere, every room, every vehicle, trunks, rolling around on the floor of the truck.  I travel every week, we shoot frequently, adult children borrow my gear, the wife, it happens.  Empty casings/ammunition gets displaced where it shouldn’t.

Firearms, are a part of everyday work, life and family.  Some people just don’t get it.
View Quote

It's really simple. When you go to another country, you are their guest and need to know and abide by their laws no matter what they are. As stated, many places actually enforce all their laws, unlike the US.

It's no different than someone from another country coming here and then trying to sneak a gun or ammo past the TSA checkpoint.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:28:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sundowner08L] [#8]
There is no Second Amendment in Turks and Caicos.  Just like NYC courtrooms.

But wait, didn't the same thing happen to a Maryland guy who was picked up in D.C.?  Didn't his loving wife turn him in, or something like that?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:29:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#9]
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country. I don't care how pretty the beach is or how nice the hotel is. But if you gotta go check your luggage carefully.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/turks-and-caicos-ammo-prison-sentence-american-tourists/

American tourist facing possible 12 year prison sentence after ammo found in luggage in Turks and Caicos
Valerie Watson returned to Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport in tears on Tuesday morning in a drastic departure from how she imagined her long weekend trip to Turks and Caicos would end.

Watson is home, but her husband, Ryan Watson, is in jail on the island and facing a potential mandatory minimum sentence of 12 years behind bars after airport security allegedly found four rounds of hunting ammo in his carry-on bag earlier this month.

Last year, a judge found Michael Grim from Indiana had "exceptional circumstances" when he pleaded guilty to accidentally having ammunition in his checked bag. He served almost six months in prison.

"No clean running water. You're kind of exposed to the environment 24/7," he told CBS News. "Mosquitoes and tropical illnesses are a real concern. There's some hostile actors in the prison."

The judge was hoping to send a message to other Americans.

"[His] sentencing was completely predicated on the fact that I was an American," Grim said.
View Quote
Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
Living here for 3 years and I never even saw an argument let alone anyone needing to use a weapon for self defense.

ETA also learn what the laws are for any country before you visit there.
In one country, Singapore, for example it is illegal to chew gum or smoke cigarettes in public and some drug possession might earn you the death penalty.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:
This is an extremely easy thing to prevent. Don’t co-mingle your range bag with your travel bag. That and be a little careful when you’re packing.

To get all triggered about some country (of US state) freaking out over finding a bullet is on you.
View Quote

This is the way.

I accidentally brought my G23 across the bridge into Mexico. I realized I had it just as we pulled up to the Mexican Marines. It was the most terrifying moment of my life.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are too fucking inbred stupid to not properly pack for your destination then yes, stay in your own backwards hillbilly state.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
Living here for 3 years and I never even saw an argument let alone anyone needing to use a weapon for self defense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country. I don't care how pretty the beach is or how nice the hotel is. But if you gotta go check your luggage carefully.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/turks-and-caicos-ammo-prison-sentence-american-tourists/

American tourist facing possible 12 year prison sentence after ammo found in luggage in Turks and Caicos
Valerie Watson returned to Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport in tears on Tuesday morning in a drastic departure from how she imagined her long weekend trip to Turks and Caicos would end.

Watson is home, but her husband, Ryan Watson, is in jail on the island and facing a potential mandatory minimum sentence of 12 years behind bars after airport security allegedly found four rounds of hunting ammo in his carry-on bag earlier this month.

Last year, a judge found Michael Grim from Indiana had "exceptional circumstances" when he pleaded guilty to accidentally having ammunition in his checked bag. He served almost six months in prison.

"No clean running water. You're kind of exposed to the environment 24/7," he told CBS News. "Mosquitoes and tropical illnesses are a real concern. There's some hostile actors in the prison."

The judge was hoping to send a message to other Americans.

"[His] sentencing was completely predicated on the fact that I was an American," Grim said.

Not around for Black May, eh?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:45:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#13]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
When I was doing a lot of traveling I had dedicated traveling bags- my old North Face Base Camp duffels and messenger bags and two carry on sized day packs (a Kelty Redwing and a Chinese Arc'teryx knockoff) are never used to carry hunting/gun stuff.  Why?  Because I know that I do not want to risk ending up in a foreign jail or even being stopped and questioned if whatever system they have in place "detects" anything of interest.  No interest in new TNF DIE approved gear but those old bags (I've got three different sizes plus two different sized messenger bags) have been through hell and they've all held up great.

I absolutely love travel, including to out of the way backwater countries, but you have to use a bit of sense.  
View Quote

Yup.

Newsflash: pretty much the entire rest of the world has restrictions on firearms and ammo, and things like THC vapes (and even things like pocket knives etc.).

No need to stay in the basement. Just don’t be a moron. Know the laws wherever you’re going, and take a little extra care.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#14]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:

It made me buy different bags for different things so it is working for them

People are to cheap to buy just travel bags.

Cost the man 12 years of his life for being cheap.

For all the people that will read my post

Buy different bags and dedicate them for one thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
Originally Posted By Hunduh:
Originally Posted By Paul:
The reason you don't go to those countries is they have effective laws that they're willing to enforce.

Yeah they are really going to show that criminal that they mean business.  Put that bad guy in jail and throw away the key.

It made me buy different bags for different things so it is working for them

People are to cheap to buy just travel bags.

Cost the man 12 years of his life for being cheap.

For all the people that will read my post

Buy different bags and dedicate them for one thing.

Is it really THAT hard for someone without spare bags, to simply CHECK an empty bag thoroughly before packing for a trip overseas?

Stupid is stupid.

I don’t use any bags that have had firearms or ammo in them for travel, simply because I don’t even want to risk the hassle/delay of some dog alerting to any residue.

I also have dedicated range bags that are specifically made for either carrying long guns, or smaller bags made specifically for carrying pistols and/or range day equipment. Neither one works well for travel, and it’s pretty damned easy to make sure there are no mixups.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]
New Jersey

Hollow points = Fourth Degree Felony = Up to 18 months in prison.

Not so dissimilar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I feel for him. I was moving around a bit during 2020 and at the end of the year I moved to the UK.

Passed through Amsterdam, to Heathrow (where I had another security check) and onto Glasgow.

When I arrived in Glasgow was was unpacking I found 1 9mm round in my bags. Now I never took my carry on to the range so I can only assume it was in there because of all the moving around I did.

I dont know if it is a crime to have that in the UK, although I'd wager it might be. Needless to say I threw that round away.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been to T&C one of the best island to visit, not commercialized at all. Which makes it very nice. but it's a small island nation. So just follow the rules. So much so, prior to entering the country I declared all of my meds on the customs form that way they could not say I was trying to import narcotics. I had painkillers for a kidney stone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: midcap] [#18]
The biggest thing we are missing is the fantastic job the TSA did in finding the ammo prior to him boarding outboound.

IMO you could make an argument that the TSA is liable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]
But how did he get past TSA before?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Now do NJ & hollow points.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
DON’T EVER TAKE YOUR RANGE BAG ANYWHERE BUT THE RANGE!!!!!

A friend I flew with was a reserve deputy on his days off and a Federal Flight Deck Officer.

He did a Mexico City trip and they found a couple 10mm rounds in his backpack. He ALMOST ended up in prison—had he not been a FFDO he would have.

Dumb mistake.
View Quote

This. I have gun related luggage and non-gun luggage. We've had members post run-ins like this because they were "in a hurry to get to the airport."
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

Agree. Worth repeating.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
Originally Posted By Hunduh:
After twenty something years on this website,  I don’t know why I’m still shocked at what complete pieces of shit some of you are

Agree. Worth repeating.

At least twice
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDiggler] [#23]
It's funny that you guys still believe that TSA is ACTUALLY meant to keep you safe.

TSA exists for 2 reasons:
1. To give the ILLUSION of security.
2. To give the government another place where it can flex its authority over you.

Besides the oft-missed contraband that makes it through TSA checkpoints which is enough to show that it's merely there to make you feel better, consider that if a terrorist sneaks a bomb on board and successfully detonates it in the air. How many casualties? 225 or so, maximum?

So, to avoid this potential disaster, the government has now created TSA checkpoints. On busy days such as holiday travel days, you might have 4, 5, 600 people queued up, elbows-to-assholes, waiting to get through the checkpoint with ZERO security measures in place before this bottleneck.

A few evil-doers with suicide vests on scattered through the TSA queue would make the body count of a single plane being taken out look like a good deal. Heck, add a few more with some firearms to open fire on the crowd before/during/after the explosions and you could bump up the casualty count even more... since there's NO security before the checkpoint. A few terrorists with guns covering each escape route? Yikes. They could just walk right in and do whatever they wanted while everyone is queued up like sheep being ushered into the slaughterhouse.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By juslearnin:
One of the scariest moments of my life was when they found about 10 .22 shells in the pocket of my jacket at the airport in Port au Prince Haiti. I had gone through security twice in the United States and they had not been found. On the way out of Haiti, they found them.

When I left the United States, I had worked an overnight shift, went home, grabbed all my stuff and headed straight to the airport. It did not even occur to me that there might be some 22 shell in my jacket pocket.

I was suddenly surrounded by security, my passport was taken away and for 30 minutes I thought I was going to jail in Haiti.  I have never prayed so hard in my life.

The friend I was traveling with who spoke Creole was able to convince them that I was “a hunter“ and that was an accident. They gave me back my passport and away I went.
View Quote

Just reading this peppered my angus.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GSD556:

View Quote

That's a nice sentiment, but most of the world and many of the states in the good old USA would not agree with you. Unless you are willing to set up your own municipality, you're going to have to live in a real world of sometimes silly laws.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By vampgrrl:
When I arrived in Glasgow was was unpacking I found 1 9mm round in my bags.

I dont know if it is a crime to have that in the UK, although I'd wager it might be. Needless to say I threw that round away.
View Quote

You should've dropped it on the ground somewhere conspicuous near Balmoral and sat back to watch the hilarity.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#27]
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country.
View Quote

So we are calling Japan a shithole country now?

I'd be curious to see a list of countries that you could just fly into with your own gun.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I'd be curious to see a list of countries that you could just fly into with your own gun.
View All Quotes
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country.

Including the restrictions in the USA, if you were a foreigner and just wanted to bring a gun along with you for vacation in the US...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Merc1973:
But how did he get past TSA before?
View Quote

Because they're staffed with people too stupid to work either fast food or the DMV.  Plus the job is mind-numbing shit that likely (I haven't checked) pays terribly.

It was so worth it to let airlines have a way to skate on liability for the actions of their passengers...  As well as condition Americans to be treated like inmates vs citizens.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I’d probably be branded a felon just traveling to pretty much any Yankee state with all the miscellaneous ammo and mags I have spread throughout my travel duffel, hard shell tool case on wheels and my daily carry bag lol.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Paul:
The reason you don't go to those countries is they have effective laws that they're willing to enforce.
View Quote

I can see how a modern American might be a bit unfamiliar with that situation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:  Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
In one country, Singapore, for example it is illegal to chew gum or smoke cigarettes in public and some drug possession might earn you the death penalty.
View Quote
Here’s some dumbass comments , right here .  The article states guy had a few rounds of hunting ammo , no gun .  Nothing in the article states he was was worriedly about his safety and thought he needed a weapon .
Learn the laws of the country you are visiting ?  LOL
Welcome to the United States , please learn the the US code of federal regulations before you enter .  And if you are visiting a state please learn that state’s laws as well .   Oh , by the way can you read English ?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Pantexan:
Here’s some dumbass comments , right here .  The article states guy had a few rounds of hunting ammo , no gun .  Nothing in the article states he was was worriedly about his safety and thought he needed a weapon .
Welcome to the United States , please learn the the US code of federal regulations before you enter .  And if you are visiting a state please learn that state’s laws as well .   Oh , by the way can you read English ?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dumbass-27.jpg
View Quote

^^ American arrogance on display... and exactly why so many people around the world detest American tourists.

If you're dumb enough to not understand that a single round of ammo will cause you insane amounts of hassle and pain in most countries' airports (including within the USA in carry-on baggage), you're better off staying home. And driving everywhere you want to go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:  It's funny that you guys still believe that TSA is ACTUALLY meant to keep you safe.  TSA exists for 2 reasons:
1. To give the ILLUSION of security.
2. To give the government another place where it can flex its authority over you.
Besides the oft-missed contraband that makes it through TSA checkpoints which is enough to show that it's merely there to make you feel better, consider that if a terrorist sneaks a bomb on board and successfully detonates it in the air. How many casualties? 225 or so, maximum?
So, to avoid this potential disaster, the government has now created TSA checkpoints. On busy days such as holiday travel days, you might have 4, 5, 600 people queued up, elbows-to-assholes, waiting to get through the checkpoint with ZERO security measures in place before this bottleneck.
A few evil-doers with suicide vests on scattered through the TSA queue would make the body count of a single plane being taken out look like a good deal. Heck, add a few more with some firearms to open fire on the crowd before/during/after the explosions and you could bump up the casualty count even more... since there's NO security before the checkpoint. A few terrorists with guns covering each escape route? Yikes. They could just walk right in and do whatever they wanted while everyone is queued up like sheep being ushered into the slaughterhouse.
View Quote

WTF are Elbows-to-Assholes ?
I would like to see that !
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:16:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#35]
Here's some dumbass comments , right here .  The article states guy had a few rounds of hunting ammo , no gun .  Nothing in the article states he was was worriedly about his safety and thought he needed a weapon .
Welcome to the United States , please learn the the US code of federal regulations before you enter .  And if you are visiting a state please learn that state's laws as well .   Oh , by the way can you read English ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:  Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
Here's some dumbass comments , right here .  The article states guy had a few rounds of hunting ammo , no gun .  Nothing in the article states he was was worriedly about his safety and thought he needed a weapon .
Welcome to the United States , please learn the the US code of federal regulations before you enter .  And if you are visiting a state please learn that state's laws as well .   Oh , by the way can you read English ?
Maybe reading is hard for you or you are the dumbass.
The poster that I quoted stated . "If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country" and my response was the post that you failed to understand.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FloydGeneBallin:
These types of countries? Fucking states in OUR OWN COUNTRY will fuck you over if they find ammo.
View Quote

Yep.

If I'm in southern NH and accidentally cross in to MA and get pulled over while carrying, I'd get felony charges
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Goddamnit motherfuckers.

Check your fucking bags! If you've used it for transporting guns and ammo, fucking clean that shit out before you get on a fucking plane!!  

This is some basic shit!
View Quote

Wrong, and I get really tired repeating this:    Keep separate bags for international travel.    It’s literally That fucking simple.    Bags are cheap.  
Don’t ever intermingle them.  

We’ve had ten threads like this, where various members confess to multiple screw ups.   Each of you can afford separate “sterile” travel bags.   Don’t be careless, complacent and stupid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Wrong, and I get really tired repeating this:    Keep separate bags for international travel.    It’s literally That fucking simple.    Bags are cheap.  

We’ve had ten threads like this, where various members confess to multiple screw ups.   Each of you can afford separate “sterile” travel bags.   Don’t be careless, complacent and stupid.
View All Quotes
Goddamnit motherfuckers.

This is some basic shit!

It is kind of odd.

I have never once considered taking my suitcases to the range.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Teamer:

Fixed
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Bribes were are a way of life in West Africa.

Fixed

Several years ago I read the tale of a hunter going to somewhere in Africa for a hunt. I don't remember which country.

He was stunned that he had to pay a bribe for almost everything from the time he landed until he made it to the professional hunter's vehicle. He paid to get to the baggage claim carousel, he paid to leave the area, he paid to claim his guns at separate window. He paid to have his bags carried to the curb where the PH picked him up. It wasn't a gratuity, he felt he wasn't allowed to go anywhere unless the payment was made.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe reading is hard for you or you are the dumbass. The poster that I quoted stated . "If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country" and my response was the post that you failed to understand.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Goddamnit motherfuckers.

This is some basic shit!

Good point. If you can afford guns, and afford to travel overseas, why can’t you afford a set of Travel-only luggage?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BobP:

Several years ago I read the tale of a hunter going to somewhere in Africa for a hunt. I don't remember which country.

He was stunned that he had to pay a bribe for almost everything from the time he landed until he made it to the professional hunter's vehicle. He paid to get to the baggage claim carousel, he paid to leave the area, he paid to claim his guns at separate window. He paid to have his bags carried to the curb where the PH picked him up. It wasn't a gratuity, he felt he wasn't allowed to go anywhere unless the payment was made.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobP:
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Bribes were are a way of life in West Africa.

Fixed

Went to Thailand more than once.

First ever trip as a kid, with my parents, was a canned tour. Military checkpoints (uniformed guys with firearms) that the tour bus had to stop at, and the tour guide would get out, talk, and pay the bribe to avoid having the bus pulled to the side while they checked everyone and everything on it.

Another family trip, we hired a van and local driver through a company. He did all the talking, and handling of the bribes.

This was in the 80s. No idea what it’s like nowadays.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#43]

It is kind of odd.

I have never once considered taking my suitcases to the range.
View Quote

Roller bag at the range is the new thing, didn't you hear?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#44]
Some friends were just humping my leg to rent a condo for a weekend near Hermosillo.  Fuck no.

Hospitals/health insurance is a thing too.  You get hurt, you better have cash, or you won't leave until you pay. The thought of having to bribe your way out of bullshit does not make for a happy vacation.

whitey has no rights south of the border.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dave-UK:
I found several. 223 cases in my carry on bag after the bag had been scanned on departure and scanned on arrival in Marakesh.

Cases were dumped in a public litter bin in the city.
View Quote

I found loaded shotgun shells in the pocket of a winter jacket after I had boarded an American Airlines flight.  They went through the xray scanner unnoticed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Ever wonder how so many people make it through US security to go out of country only to getting nabbed on the other side?  Kind of like they are told to let them go so they get butt fucked in another land for being a gun owner.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#47]
The amount of stupid comments made by some of the posters in this thread is beyond comprehension.   It is the height of ignorance and self-importance to assume that all countries have the same rules and laws when it comes to a variety of things, not just firearms.

Someone pointed out that bringing many drugs into Singapore without medical justification carries the death penalty.   That is no surprise at all.  Singapore is its own country, and they can enact whatever laws they see fit.

It may come as a surprise to some of the uninformed backwoods types who commented here, but saying disparaging comments about the King of Thailand can land you in prison.   The solution, when traveling in Thailand, is to refrain from commenting about the royal family, period.   Gee....what a concept:  freedom of  speech is limited in a foreign country.

Try bringing a Holy Bible into Saudi Arabia and see what happens when they discover it in customs.  It will probably be an eye opening experience.  Then again, what would you expect in a strictly muslim country?

Thus, the idea that not every country looks at the ownership of firearms the way the US does should not be a shock.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that some of the freedoms we take for granted here are curtailed (or non-existent) in other countries.   And expecting these countries to make exception for your stupidity/ignorance is just plain arrogant.

When traveling to foreign countries, anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together should spend at least a few minutes educating themselves on the laws and customs of that country, unless they enjoy seeing what the consequences might be for violating those laws and customs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I am curious what country I can carry ammo on a carry on. I will wait for the OP to respond.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I showed up there with my M1A, Government model and over 1000 rounds of ammunition.
Only problem was that KFC was out of chicken.
I had been beating upwind for a few days and KFC would have been good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I went through TSA inspections at Seattle,  Montreal,  Gatwick and Heathrow and Zurich. Turns out, the big bag of peanuts I bought at Walmart had 3 or 4 live 22LR rounds in it. Odd headstamps, no I didn't think of taking pictures of them.  I was picking out the peanut shells and skins before leaving Lucerne, Switzerland for the Zurich airport when I found them. I tossed them in a dumpster.  My host freaked out when I told her. She thought someone would be killed if they "went off". Never again will I carry food stuff in original packaging without checking through it first.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top