BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lokt:

There's a better way, man.

Limit daily entry by number.  Regulate non recreational heavy and oversize loads, and ticket vandals and drunks.

Don't eliminate access.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 80085:
Nine mile canyon makes sense. Good closure.

Douchebag off-roaders and constant heavy oilfield traffic has destroyed the roads in nine mile. Vandals also have defaced and destroyed easily accessible petroglyphs in the canyon.

Limit daily entry by number.  Regulate non recreational heavy and oversize loads, and ticket vandals and drunks.

Don't eliminate access.

This.  I don't like regulating access by numbers.  I do like not allowing commercial and heavy industry traffic.  Leave the trails wild and not paved and it keeps numbers in check for the most part.  Federal land is OUR land.  Watch the BLM close trails and then lease the land to China for wind or solar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:

There's a billion hiker-only trails you can use.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:
I’m torn. On one hand, I am instantly suspicious of the motivations of these people.
On the other hand, if I wanted to walk around dodging vehicles, I would just take a walk in downtown charlotte.
Fuck, I don’t even want to share a trail with mountain bikers.

There's a billion hiker-only trails you can use.

Absolutely this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By refidnasb:
UTV/ATVs ruined it for everyone else. UTV owners are universally hated, have no trail manners and are almost always newbies that are clueless. Ruined trails and access all over the United States.

I personally can't stand them.
View Quote

I drive LOTS of trails every year.  Most of the time, the issues I see are with rentals.  Sure there are ass holes everywhere, but people who rent often don't know or care about trail rules.  They aren't involved in the community.  They probably won't be back to those trails.  It seems like renters are often from the city and don't have the same experience levels with outdoor recreation in general.  I think the UTV community is less respectful to the trails than the full size community in general, but the renters are the worst of it.  I agree that newbies can be an issue as well, and the price point and ease of entry makes the UTV popular with that crowd.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
If entitled assholes did not tear up, fuck up, deface and leave piles of trash, the trails would not need to be closed.
View Quote

They don't need to be closed.  And that has zero to do with the closures in UT.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

So just because you don't like it, then the rest of us shouldn't be able to enjoy our passion?

I hope some of you tools that want what other people love to do taken away lose something equally as important to you, maybe then you'll understand why allowing government to rule your life is wrong.

This shit pisses me off so much, then we have so called small government conservatives saying it's a great idea.

I like my account, so I'm not saying what I really want to say about this crap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotIssued:

I'm with this guy.  Hell  I've been rock crawling, and even then I thought it was dumb.  Going super slow and banging up your truck, when it's faster to just walk.

Now driving on the beach, that makes some sense.

So just because you don't like it, then the rest of us shouldn't be able to enjoy our passion?

I hope some of you tools that want what other people love to do taken away lose something equally as important to you, maybe then you'll understand why allowing government to rule your life is wrong.

This shit pisses me off so much, then we have so called small government conservatives saying it's a great idea.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m torn. On one hand, I am instantly suspicious of the motivations of these people.
On the other hand, if I wanted to walk around dodging vehicles, I would just take a walk in downtown charlotte.
View Quote

this, a lot of closed roads make good walking and backpacking spots without having to worry about the crowd who can't get anywhere their vehicle can't go
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I could get behind an effort to arrest and fine the shitheads that shoot up old tvs and dump old mattresses in the desert.

And punishing vandals of rock art.

But leave my respectful innocent ass alone and free to see “our” “public” lands.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USCG_CPO] [#8]
UTV/ATVs ruined it for everyone else. UTV owners are universally hated, have no trail manners and are almost always newbies that are clueless. Ruined trails and access all over the United States.

View Quote

I have owned ATV's and currently own a UTV.  Not all but a lot of owners are responsible for these actions being taken.  They destroy property, landscapes, vandalize, liter, just to name some of their actions.  

Its shameful to see some of the wilderness areas riders have destroyed and ruined.  Sorta like how some gun owners give the rest a bad name. Oh well, SHDD.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

I'm with this guy.  Hell  I've been rock crawling, and even then I thought it was dumb.  Going super slow and banging up your truck, when it's faster to just walk.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By shaneus:
I could get behind an effort to arrest and fine the shitheads that shoot up old tvs and dump old mattresses in the desert.

And punishing vandals of rock art.

But leave my respectful innocent ass alone and free to see “our” “public” lands.
View Quote

lawnmowers too. guess the national  forest can double as the rainbow bridge where lawnmowers go when they die. I am picturing some douchebag probably showing up in their lifted truck that is 5% payed off to mag dump at the lawn mower's engine during forest fire season, after they take a few chops of a live tree to test out their zombie green survival axe or something

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tveddy:
I had a friend that would purposefull go ride those trails. He had a motorcycle small enough to pick up and carry around obstacles. I asked if he was afraid of getting ticketted. He said "how they gonna catch me on foot"
View Quote

Years ago, I read about a guy who went on a night trail ride on his MTB after getting the same lights I have (5,000 lumen handlebar mounted Exposure Sixpack, and a 5,000 lumen helmet mounted Lupine Betty), on a “No Motorized vehicles” marked trail.

They sent a helicopter, because some dickwad must’ve seen his lights on the trail (for clarity; 10,000 lumens is brighter than HID/LED high beams in modern vehicles. FMVSS108 regulates the output and intensity of vehicular lighting), who thought someone was illegally operating a motorized vehicle on the trail (or illegally hunting with a spotlight?).

Chopper flew up and lit up the rider with the chopper mounted spotlight. He stopped and waved. After confirming that it was a mountain bike and not a motorized vehicle, they left.

Wouldn’t put it past some overlord types to do shit like that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
If entitled assholes did not tear up, fuck up, deface and leave piles of trash, the trails would not need to be closed.
View Quote

And if shitty ghetto assholes didn't shoot each other up in the inner cities, guns wouldn't need to be banned?

Nah, I'd rather see trashy backcountry scenery than no scenery at all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd absolutely be in if we could get a big group together, break down the road blocks, and ride the closed trails.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Every group tends to want public lands for their own private use.  Bicyclists don't like hikers, horses, atv's, or even e-bikes on "their" trails.  Hikers don't like anyone else on "their" trails.  But at least horses, hikers, bicyclists, and e-bikers can all agree that they don't want atv's or vehicles on any of "their" trails.

So everyone yells about the tragedy of the commons - when the truth is the commons are the problem in the first place.  Nobody wants it to be commons, they want it to be theirs and they want everyone else to pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By fingas:
So basically it's ok for you to use it how you want but no one else ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fingas:
I'm torn. On one hand, I am instantly suspicious of the motivations of these people.
Fuck, I don't even want to share a trail with mountain bikers.
So basically it's ok for you to use it how you want but no one else ?
Welcome to communism.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jb31:

I drive LOTS of trails every year.  Most of the time, the issues I see are with rentals.  Sure there are ass holes everywhere, but people who rent often don't know or care about trail rules.  They aren't involved in the community.  They probably won't be back to those trails.  It seems like renters are often from the city and don't have the same experience levels with outdoor recreation in general.  I think the UTV community is less respectful to the trails than the full size community in general, but the renters are the worst of it.  I agree that newbies can be an issue as well, and the price point and ease of entry makes the UTV popular with that crowd.
View All Quotes

Yeah the barrier to entry got substantially lower with UTV’s. Not every owner is an inconsiderate asshole, but definitely more than jeeps+other “full size” 4x4s

Add in rentals and its a mess

Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

this, a lot of closed roads make good walking and backpacking spots without having to worry about the crowd who can't get anywhere their vehicle can't go

You know what makes really good walking and backpacking spots??
Walking and backpacking trails

Some of us want to take people who cant physically get to more remote areas out to see cool shit. Or don’t have weeks of time to explore an area. Fuck off with that nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:39:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#17]
Originally Posted By JCoasterToaster:

You know what makes really good walking and backpacking spots??
Walking and backpacking trails

Some of us want to take people who cant physically get to more remote areas out to see cool shit. Or don’t have weeks of time to explore an area. Fuck off with that nonsense.
View Quote

There are new walking and backpacking trails being made all the time, thanks to the people treating the national forest like a landfill around here
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Douchebag off-roaders and constant heavy oilfield traffic has destroyed the roads in nine mile. Vandals also have defaced and destroyed easily accessible petroglyphs in the canyon.
View Quote

For the destroyed roads, are you talking about the ones that were paved in 2012/2013 due to oil and gas paid studies on petroglyph protection, so its now even easier to get to the petroglyphs with less damage?

FYI, I've been on lots of "closed" BLM/Forest roads. I used a key to open the gates, b/c you know who still gets access when they are closed, the oil companies and those working on their wells.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#19]

They're not closing these trails because people are causing problems, they're closing the trails because they want people to stay out, period, they don't want humans out there. I've talked to these people closing the trails many times in meetings, and they've admited that they don't give a shit about anyone, they just want the land closed to human use.

And yet, we have idiots here that are siding with environmentalists that want you in the city where you belong, and never out in the wilderness.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
If people are fucking shit up then arrest them,  just like anything else in society.  If some dude went to the water park and started throwing m80s into the water you arrest him not close the water park.   Regardless if you like offloading or not this is bad.  It's just another way they're closing us off

They're not closing these trails because people are causing problems, they're closing the trails because they want people to stay out, period, they don't want humans out there. I've talked to these people closing the trails many times in meetings, and they've admited that they don't give a shit about anyone, they just want the land closed to human use.

And yet, we have idiots here that are siding with environmentalists that want you in the city where you belong, and never out in the wilderness.
Ya they have closed almost all of our trails.  They ran us out and said it's for the salmon.   Then they clear cut it, built roads and then gated all of it.   There is no appeasement with the government.  At this point I say destroy the gates and cut the logs blocking everything.  Fuck them
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

We need more like this guy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I know a guy who goes out and uncloses forest roads . Knocks down the berms they build. Cuts up and removes the large trees they knock over the roads.  Fun hobby when it's not hunting season while cruising around in the woods.

We need more like this guy.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I know in AZ the last 10-20 years has seen an explosion in UTVs, dirt bikes, RVs, etc. pretty much any trail close enough for an afternoon trip to the desert has been trashed including the surrounding desert. Every time it rains you get to see who took their brodozer to the desert for donuts.

Waaaay too much land to police all those tards so it is getting common to see access blocked off. Just the lowest common denominator in action.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
We lost a bunch of bicycle trails here years ago (they were bicycle trails for 30+ years) because a city councilman wanted to walk the trails without having bikes around him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Need to have  trails/areas for different uses. 4x4 and horses do not mix at all. That is a safety issue.

An enjoyment issue is motorized vehicles and pedestrians. It is also one sided. A pedestrian does not disturb a rider nearly so much as a rider disturbed a pedestrian.

There is enough space for everybody. Separate but equal.
View Quote

4x4s go where horses don't/can't.
Horses go where 4x4s don't/can't.

They are already separated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mancat:
Lots of areas here in WA that I used to explore with my dad in his Bronco as a kid, where you are now met with the sight of a locked yellow gate at the entrance.
View Quote

Those gates come down real easy, at least they do here on the east side.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Studies here in UT have shown what you've observed about renters.  To combat that, they've recently required all drivers to take a once-in-a-lifetime class on not being a douchenozzle (don't trespass on private land, don't go off-trail, and don't rip up the trail), and for all machines to have plates so that if you see someone destroying the land, you have the ability to turn them in with some sort of identification.

Luckily for us, a good number of Utah counties depend on the offroad recreation for livelihood, and have a very strong and long-established relationship with the national forest service, where the counties help with maintenance of trails and forest roads, and the forest service allows for the extensive trails, and also occasionally allows *new* trails to be built.   Cooperation between local and fed is absolutely possible, it just has to happen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#26]
It's all to keep people contained in the developed areas.  Can't have peasants actually out there experiencing nature and it's beauty.  It might spoil them and cause them to rebel when the globalist fuck elites lock it all down (except for them).
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#27]
There is an area near where I live that has absolutely been destroyed.  It’s completely shameful, there’s garbage everywhere.  So many people are using this route that it’s completely disgusting. I literally can’t believe it!  There’s also been a huge number of conflicts and accidents from the different types of users.  Nearly every week I’ll read in the newspaper about these accidents, in fact, some people have even been killed.  I wouldn’t be surprised if dozens and maybe even hundreds of people have been killed!  I’m pretty sure the only solution is to close off all access.  Well, maybe I would support leaving this route open to hikers only, for safety.  I know it’s a popular route, but I don’t see any other way to solve these problems other than to close I-15.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:27:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackRebney] [#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancat:
Lots of areas here in WA that I used to explore with my dad in his Bronco as a kid, where you are now met with the sight of a locked yellow gate at the entrance.

Seeing gates ripped down was pretty common back in the 90s-00s. Can't remember the last time I encountered a destroyed gate.

Nice thing about a trials bike it is goes pretty much anywhere, over/under/around gates, through tank traps, over logs, ect. There's almost nothing they can do to lock us out of anywhere we want to go, in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I know a guy who goes out and uncloses forest roads . Knocks down the berms they build. Cuts up and removes the large trees they knock over the roads.  Fun hobby when it's not hunting season while cruising around in the woods.
View Quote
With the right vehicle those berms ain't shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Years ago, I read about a guy who went on a night trail ride on his MTB after getting the same lights I have (5,000 lumen handlebar mounted Exposure Sixpack, and a 5,000 lumen helmet mounted Lupine Betty), on a “No Motorized vehicles” marked trail.

They sent a helicopter, because some dickwad must’ve seen his lights on the trail (for clarity; 10,000 lumens is brighter than HID/LED high beams in modern vehicles. FMVSS108 regulates the output and intensity of vehicular lighting), who thought someone was illegally operating a motorized vehicle on the trail (or illegally hunting with a spotlight?).

Chopper flew up and lit up the rider with the chopper mounted spotlight. He stopped and waved. After confirming that it was a mountain bike and not a motorized vehicle, they left.

Wouldn’t put it past some overlord types to do shit like that.
View Quote

35w 4500k HID is approximately 3500lms.

LEDs (PNP) max out around 2000lms. Your amazon 1000000087lm garbage is actually closer to 1000lms. I've got some 1300lm/diode LEDs at work. They take a LOT of power and get REALLY hot. Burned a hole in a desk by accident when we dropped one because it got too hot too fast for the fingers.

60w halogen is usually between 1500-1700lms for a good bulb depending on type of bulb. 60w is standard max for high beam.

Hopefully a better explanation for those who don't have a 5k pm reference.

5000lms is not much. That's less than my car does on highbeams. 2x 35w 4500k HID bixenon projectors and 2x halogen (assume 1500lms each)(quad high beams). Hell, 5k is less than my pickup with just bixenon projectors by about 30%.

It's pretty retarded to send a chopper after some cyclist with a cool flashlight.

I really need to get back to Moab before everything goes full retard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Glad I got to see 9 mile canyon then. I drove along the route almost every day for 2 months while land surveying in the area.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Sounds like you need to go buy a couple thousand acres, where your preferences will mean a shit to anyone other than yourself
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

So if you have artificial knee or bad back, no outdoors for you?

F that
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Some of the western public land areas are so vast and big that if you can't drive in to go hiking somewhere you weren't going to be hiking there at all. Are you really going to walk dozens of miles just to get to the trailhead?
Closing some of these areas to vehicles effectively close the land.

View Quote

That's exactly what they want
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#35]

This.  I don't like regulating access by numbers.  I do like not allowing commercial and heavy industry traffic.  Leave the trails wild and not paved and it keeps numbers in check for the most part.  Federal land is OUR land.  Watch the BLM close trails and then lease the land to China for wind or solar.
View All Quotes

Don't eliminate access.

now youre using your noodle
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#36]
At least they aren’t pushing a rock off a hill…
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Don't you have some unlicensed water trucks to chase down?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Obviously those closing trails can go fuck themselves, but I need help understanding why we need to preserve petroglyphs?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By packinheavy:
With the right vehicle those berms ain't shit.
View Quote
They like to build them on the narrow parts where you can't go around though.   The ones they have "reclosed" they have build 3 feet tall.  Takes a while to dig the tops off of them so you can drive over them.    It's usually impossible to gate a lot of the roads up there though so that's their only option other than landsliding the whole mountain over the road .     Sometimes they'll drop tlbig ass tress though thinking nobody is gonna come through there with a chain saw and a wench
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:39:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Seeing gates ripped down was pretty common back in the 90s-00s. Can't remember the last time I encountered a destroyed gate.

Nice thing about a trials bike it is goes pretty much anywhere, over/under/around gates, through tank traps, over logs, ect. There's almost nothing they can do to lock us out of anywhere we want to go, in Minecraft.
View Quote

They have changed the design of the gates to make it harder to open but, in Minecraft, there is always a weak point.
Kelly humps don't stop anyone willing to try.
Chainsaw clears a nice bypass, as well....in Minecraft.

As for the trashing of public lands- there are a few specific groups up here that get away with leaving piles of garbage in the dispersed camping areas. These groups are also completely untouchable when it comes to burn bans, food storage, etc.
It's really fun to have them touching off 7.62x39 rounds towards other campsites, inside designated campgrounds.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#41]
The trails are getting destroyed. We have been to Tennessee a few times in the trails. We check the local FB groups to see what is going on. The big talk was keeping the trails open.

Cooper Prentice was shut down. The trails we went on were rutted up and douche noozles were doing hill climbs and throwing roost everywhere. We got out to walk out on to some rocks and see the river. A couple dip shits on sxs’s rolled right up next to us on the rocks. We were parked on the open area next to the trail. These buttholes were too lazy to get out of their machine. We walked to another river, same thing, people drive off the trail and right up to the river making a new path. They’re just too stupid.

The amount of empty beer cans, shooter and cigarette packs on the scenic areas. Seen guys in forums giving advice on how to sneak alcohol on to Hatfield McCoy trails. Tennessee is now posting signs for no alcohol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

You would think as gun owners they would understand why what they are saying is absolutely retarded.

But here we are wanting to punish everybody for the actions of a few AGAIN.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Obviously those closing trails can go fuck themselves, but I need help understanding why we need to preserve petroglyphs?
View Quote

Because they are old.  That's the reasoning.  Anything pre-Columbian is "art" and anything new is "vandalism".
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

Because they are old.  That's the reasoning.  Anything pre-Columbian is "art" and anything new is "vandalism".
View All Quotes

Vandalism is the petroglyph of tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:17:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#45]

View All Quotes

They aren't even necessarily terribly old, a lot of the petroglyphs people find around Utah are from after 1,000AD, and some are from as recent as 1800.  Think about that:  Not only were some of these carved AFTER the civil war, some of my European ancestors had already been living here in America for a cool 200 years when some of the petroglyphs near Moab were carved.  In fact....  I have *photographs* of my ancestors who were alive when some of these petroglyphs around Zion and Arches were carved.

I get that it's a connection to the past.  Not crapping on that, and not saying they aren't cool, or shouldn't be preserved.   But yeah, some people just can't fawn over them hard enough, because they think they're so ancient and mystical, when (unpopular opinion inbound) they're just the product of backwards societies which, just a couple centuries short of the year 2000AD, were not much advanced from the Paleolithic era.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Have you seen the documentary, The Fifth Element?

Sometimes if you destroy old stuff, civilization ends.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#47]

There are new walking and backpacking trails being made all the time, thanks to the people treating the national forest like a landfill around here
View All Quotes

Vague post is vague, and has nothing to do with what I said.

Treating the forest like a landfill and making new hiking trails are fairly unrelated.

Originally Posted By Rob940:
We lost a bunch of bicycle trails here years ago (they were bicycle trails for 30+ years) because a city councilman wanted to walk the trails without having bikes around him.

Sounds like a lot of the assholes in this thread, that sucks big time though.

Originally Posted By cchurchi:
There is an area near where I live that has absolutely been destroyed.  It’s completely shameful, there’s garbage everywhere.  So many people are using this route that it’s completely disgusting. I literally can’t believe it!  There’s also been a huge number of conflicts and accidents from the different types of users.  Nearly every week I’ll read in the newspaper about these accidents, in fact, some people have even been killed.  I wouldn’t be surprised if dozens and maybe even hundreds of people have been killed!  I’m pretty sure the only solution is to close off all access.  Well, maybe I would support leaving this route open to hikers only, for safety.  I know it’s a popular route, but I don’t see any other way to solve these problems other than to close I-15.

*golf clap* well done good sir

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JCoasterToaster:

Vague post is vague, and has nothing to do with what I said.

Treating the forest like a landfill and making new hiking trails are fairly unrelated.

View Quote

Treating the forest like a landfill and making new hiking trails are very related. Because that is how roads get turned into new hiking trails.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:

Have you seen the documentary, The Fifth Element?

Sometimes if you destroy old stuff, civilization ends.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Treating the forest like a landfill and making new hiking trails are very related. Because that is how roads get turned into new hiking trails.
View Quote

Gotcha, misunderstood ya the first time.

So only non motorized users get to litter there, got it 👍🏻 obviously littering is bad especially out in nature, but limiting the access to 4 wheeling is not the right answer especially when it’s not the problem…like in Moab

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top