Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Because most baby boomers are actually retired now so doesn’t surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Who ran the government that caused this?
Who elected that government?

View Quote

Just as the rules changed in the 80’s for pension plans (poof!), the rules everyone lived by for 60 years changed in the housing market.

Free money and sharply rising housing prices during Covid lured the corporate/private equity buyers in. Prices went up even more.

Just as the scum in Congress didn’t do anything to stop corporate raiders in the 80’s, they sure as hell won’t stop the corporations from manipulating the housing market.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

It's not hate. It's a statement of fact.

Housing prices have skyrocketed. If you secured a mortgage for a home 15-25 years ago (when most millennials were still in high school), your home would be double, triple, or quadruple the value today (depending on area).

Boomers are lucky they were in the market before this. Boomers I know will say "yeah the house was only 40k, but my interest rate was 12%! I got rejected for 2 mortgages before I finally got a house!". Yeah that's unfortunate and all, but at least there were houses for sale that you could actually afford with your current pay. That is not the case today. Also, if you did have to rent, it wasn't costing 40% of your fucking monthly income.

I don't hate boomers. I hate the attitude that seems to come with them. "bootstraps, wasting money on cell phones and Netflix, get a better job, etc. etc.". Man, I DID ALL THAT. I lived poor as fuck from 18-28. I'm still not in a wealthy state. I have a little spending money now and then but man, shit is tight. I went to college, I believed all the lies. School grades -> college -> high paying job -> house, car, family. Bullshit.

I'm not blaming boomers for the current situation, I'm blaming them for sitting smug and telling millennials that it's not that bad and to toughen up. It's BAD right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cavedog:
Ah, boomer hate Wednesdays.

It's not hate. It's a statement of fact.

Housing prices have skyrocketed. If you secured a mortgage for a home 15-25 years ago (when most millennials were still in high school), your home would be double, triple, or quadruple the value today (depending on area).

Boomers are lucky they were in the market before this. Boomers I know will say "yeah the house was only 40k, but my interest rate was 12%! I got rejected for 2 mortgages before I finally got a house!". Yeah that's unfortunate and all, but at least there were houses for sale that you could actually afford with your current pay. That is not the case today. Also, if you did have to rent, it wasn't costing 40% of your fucking monthly income.

I don't hate boomers. I hate the attitude that seems to come with them. "bootstraps, wasting money on cell phones and Netflix, get a better job, etc. etc.". Man, I DID ALL THAT. I lived poor as fuck from 18-28. I'm still not in a wealthy state. I have a little spending money now and then but man, shit is tight. I went to college, I believed all the lies. School grades -> college -> high paying job -> house, car, family. Bullshit.

I'm not blaming boomers for the current situation, I'm blaming them for sitting smug and telling millennials that it's not that bad and to toughen up. It's BAD right now.

Not that I disagree with most of what you said, but you show CO as your location.  We love (before the libs) CO and looked at moving there a decade or two ago.  We decided that it was already so expensive that we would have to change our lifestyle to move there.  We couldn't live in the same size home, drive newer cars, put away money for retirement, travel, etc.  So we stayed because of the cost of living.  My current house has still almost doubled in value in 5 years, and I could likely move there now and swing it, but it is not worth it to me, even without the liberals.  My point is that this issue, while bad everywhere, is a lot worse in some areas.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chisum:

So who says you must drill in Colorado?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chisum:

If I needed to drill a new well on my property, built in the 90's, my permit application would be denied, zero chance of getting a permit now.

When my septic system failed in 2020, I was told I would have to replace it with new stuff that is up to code. And pull a new permit for the install because it would change the tank design and field design. The price was staggering, and the contractor told me a new permit in this area would be 50/50 approve/deny, at best. So I crawled into the tank and replaced the pump myself.

So who says you must drill in Colorado?  

Sounds like that is where his home is…
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck a bunch of whining millennials. My 30 year old daughter and her husband own 3 houses.
Millennial music sucks too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jb31:

Not that I disagree with most of what you said, but you show CO as your location.  We love (before the libs) CO and looked at moving there a decade or two ago.  We decided that it was already so expensive that we would have to change our lifestyle to move there.  We couldn't live in the same size home, drive newer cars, put away money for retirement, travel, etc.  So we stayed because of the cost of living.  My current house has still almost doubled in value in 5 years, and I could likely move there now and swing it, but it is not worth it to me, even without the liberals.  My point is that this issue, while bad everywhere, is a lot worse in some areas.
View Quote

Yes, it is wildly expensive here. There is a "CO Tax" on everything in this state, just for being in Colorado. The only reason I'm here, and still here, is because of family. My in-laws are aging and needing help these days (neither can/should drive, and its a kind of complex mess). My wife isn't opposed to moving, but not right now. We have a 5 year plan (and budget) to get out of here. I need to finish my 2nd degree, and my FIL needs to pass away. Then we're free.

Sad part is, it didn't used to be this way here
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_o] [#8]
Can't afford a house? Upset that the dollar isn't worth dick? Don't blame boomers, blame these son's of bitches

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

While you're playing the blame game, blame every worthless POTUS who didn't end the fed and didn't have our money backed by gold. Blame every American, myself included, for not doing the needful in restoring our country to its former glory.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
All nothing a good war won’t solve..
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sharkman74:

STOP being so goddamn MEDIAN

RISE above it all and make some money so this DOES NOT APPLY to you!!!

Whats STOPPING you?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sharkman74:

STOP being so goddamn MEDIAN

RISE above it all and make some money so this DOES NOT APPLY to you!!!

Whats STOPPING you?

Not sure if serious but who the hell wants to pay double or triple for the same thing?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

What about the equity portion?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
Originally Posted By mikepiet:

I saw an add on TV last night about assuming the mortgage of the home you want to buy. I think it might have been a realator.com ad but made me think, that would be something.

What about the equity portion?

You have to buy them out.  When we bought our home, my wife and I were looking at assumable mortgages as a way to reduce the cost.  Particularly homes on a VA loan because the rates were much better.  The issue is you have to have all the cash to buy out the equity, the home owner has to be willing to let you assume their loan, and the bank also has to allow it.  There are additional caveats for the VA loans, like the outstanding portion of the mortgage counts against the seller if they go apply for a new VA loan.  If you can make it work, it’s a good way to get a cheap rate, but that’s a big if.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:
View Quote

Ehhhhh...we tried that two decades ago. Ended up not working out swell for America in general
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
aww...poor boomers....how they've "suffered"....how'd that poor oppressed demographic ever make it through life?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure I could.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Torf:
Equity, time, workplace experience  you know.  Mostly things kids don't have much of.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

In other words they used the equity and what not to keep getting bigger homes

Equity, time, workplace experience  you know.  Mostly things kids don't have much of.

Mostly equity though lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Pissing and moaning aside, we've probably reached a limit where people can accept the "you'll own nothing and like it" paradigm or they can accept not everyone gets a 3000sq ft house on a big lot.

You can't just legislate people into luxury homes. Eventually we need to accept that there is a need for  more, smaller homes and the government needs to get out of the way and let that happen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cavedog:
Ah, boomer hate Wednesdays.
View Quote

Just daddy issues in that typical type...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:
View Quote

Yup, all we have to do is get the rest of the world to bomb their industrial infrastructure into rubble again and save ours. Then US can start manufacturing things again.  Then all the kids can work factory labor jobs for 40 years for a nest egg and a pension like grandpa did.  Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Kind of a wierd discussion.

How do we start? If I was making my salary now, but now I am 23 again without a house I would save up a shit ton of cash within a year, have a DP, and then look for a starter home. Which is what happened at the start when I was making starting money. Live with mom and dad, buy in a mediocre neighborhood, stash wealth, DIY to save money...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ScopeScar:

F the government that caused this.
View Quote

Yeah, I didn't vote for any of this.

My only choice was voting for Republicans who said they were for small government, free markets, and individual liberty.

I'm not a Republican anymore.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 73RR:
Oh look another boomer hate thread.

How about hate the politicians who engineered this shitstorm. Who engineered the whole COVID bullshit who spend all our money. And allow us to be invaded.

But lets blame your fellow citizen and take the spotlight off the politicians who are happy to see us fight each other.

View Quote

Except those boomer ended up politicians lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

The government caused homes to increase in value?

Hasn’t real estate historically done that all on its own?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Ehhhhh...we tried that two decades ago. Ended up not working out swell for America in general
View Quote
To paraphrase the famous photo, the US military was at war.  America was at the mall.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bigfignewton:
Fuck a bunch of whining millennials. My 30 year old daughter and her husband own 3 houses.
Millennial music sucks too.
View Quote

That is pretty amazing that they could jump right into life and accomplish that without any assistance or debt. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

Those politicians were boomers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

How about hate the politicians who engineered this shitstorm. Who engineered the whole COVID bullshit who spend all our money. And allow us to be invaded.

But lets blame your fellow citizen and take the spotlight off the politicians who are happy to see us fight each other.

Those politicians were boomers.

Nice try, but that's not what these threads are about. 73RR knows what's up.

The general public, and most of GD, aren't smart enough to differentiate the two. It's not just that the boomer politicians are the problem, it's "boomers" in general that get blamed. The reason being that the general public doesn't have access to the boomer politicians, but they sure have access to friends, neighbors, and family members that are boomers, who generally didn't have any say in what's happening right now, but still get the finger pointed at them.

Which is why these articles see the light of day. Keep up the division, keep the plebes at each others throats, and it's enough of a distraction so that the politicians can continue getting wealthier and laugh at the idiots fighting amongst themselves.

Thank You all for participating.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Dano556x45mm:

View All Quotes

There's nothing stopping any of the younger generations from running for office and fixing everything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I think this is definitely part of it, combined with the fact that lots of new homes today are MUCH nicer than homes used to be, with bigger bedrooms, bigger bathrooms, etc.  A starter home in the 60 and 70 was a small (maybe 1000 sq ft) one-level two-bedroom with ONE bath and no garage, and with nothing architecturally exciting about it - just a rectangular box with a roof.   Nowadays, it seems like many people think that a "starter" home is a two story house with three-four bedroom, two and a half baths, and an attached two-car garage - and maybe some nice gables, or a covered porch, etc.

It's a little like people complaining about cars/trucks being more expensive - but the vast majority of people DON'T WANT an unsafe and unreliable stripped car with manual crank windows, no radio/audio, and no A/C.  Instead, people want all of the bells and whistles and cool gadgets and heated seats, in addition to all of the safety improvements over the years, AND they expect the car to be reliable, to start in cold weather, not have a carburetor or choke, etc.

... of course, I could just be an old curmudgeon.  In fact, I am pretty sure I am.  

But, not a Boomer!  

View Quote

You just described my first and second homes. (Not a boomer)
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#28]

I'm just a bit younger than you, and none of what you said is representative my area.  It's a geographical/regional issue.  Some places have exploded like crazy.  Other places just haven't.

The upside of this is that my kids can afford to live nearby.  The downside is that my house hasn't quadrupled in value in the last 20 years.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
As I have noted many times, I am an X-er born in the 60s.

My first apartment was 800 bucks in today's dollars.  They are now $1800-$2400 apartments.
My first home was about 350K in today's dollars.  It's now an 800K home.
My nice home was about 480K in today's dollars.  It's also now an 800K home.
My last home was about 1M in today's dollars.  And would sell for 1.5 to 2M based on some unsolicited offers.

At any stage of my life now, I could not currently have the same type of housing and other concurrent benefits of life that I was able to have then.

I would not have had a nice, safe, no crime apartment with a great location.
I would not have had a starter home in a no crime area with fantastic schools, parks, natural/recreational access, and a reasonable commute.
My kids would not have grown up in a nice, safe area with huge yard and lake and decent public schools also reasonable from work.
I would not have my little gentleman's farm and set up, etc.

Many people refuse to be cognizant of this.
And belittle people for not achieving/having what they did at their age.

I'm just a bit younger than you, and none of what you said is representative my area.  It's a geographical/regional issue.  Some places have exploded like crazy.  Other places just haven't.

The upside of this is that my kids can afford to live nearby.  The downside is that my house hasn't quadrupled in value in the last 20 years.

Of course it’s regional.

I have lived in six states.  From on the border with Mexico to on the border with Canada.  In about a dozen different areas/rentals.

Two of the housings have stagnated at about increasing in value only a little bit more than inflation.
One has barely kept with inflation.
Those first two are simply in an area of little opportunity.
The last had detrimental changes in demographics, crime, local schools, etc.

About half increased very healthily compared to inflation.  The rest insanely so.

The stagnation of housings costs in areas of little to no opportunity, or areas or worsening demographics and other quality issue is not much of a salve to the burn of massive proportional increases in the costs of good housing in areas or great opportunity.  Especially when combined with other proportional increases in transportation, medical, education, insurance, etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Who ran the government that caused this?
Who elected that government?

View Quote

How far back do you want to go?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Gen-Xer here.  I bought my home in 1995 and wouldn't be able to afford it today because rates have doubled and the value of the home has tripled.
View Quote

I bought a home back around then for a similar interest rate to now.

But like 190K in those year’s dollars then but the house is 800K now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Because interest rates have been higher than they are now, much higher.  And it was when “boomers” were buying their first houses.

Saying interest rates are why people can’t afford stuff now is laughable.
View Quote

I listed numerous contributors not merely interest. Also undeniable is the housing affordability index.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TNhunter:
Because most baby boomers are actually retired now so doesn’t surprise me at all.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking too.  What a non-story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought my house 4 years ago and no way I could afford it today. My pay is roughly the same but between mortgage  rates and what my house has increased in value (complete fraud) I couldn’t even afford to look at it today
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Shouldn't you be at work?

Jealousy is a terrible sin to bear.

Odd my 32yr old son with two homes doesn't hate Gen X or Boomers. He just served his country for five years, married a tall pretty blond, had two amazing kids and is working and happy.

Now hating Trump for printing that extra 2-3 trillion and giving it all away, yea I understand.

Does your life suck? And if so what have you done to change it? Other than blaming boomers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
F the boomers.
Shouldn't you be at work?

Jealousy is a terrible sin to bear.

Odd my 32yr old son with two homes doesn't hate Gen X or Boomers. He just served his country for five years, married a tall pretty blond, had two amazing kids and is working and happy.

Now hating Trump for printing that extra 2-3 trillion and giving it all away, yea I understand.

Does your life suck? And if so what have you done to change it? Other than blaming boomers.

I think we are a similar age.

I can love the shit out of those guys that kicked ass in VN and did other awesome America stuff and some of our favorite people may well be boomers it saddens us to see age and fade.

But concurrently hate the change to American society brought about as a whole by the generation as a massive dominant cultural/voting/social cohort that was at the wheel for decades.

I have adult kids doing well also.
But their exact same efforts, accomplishments, etc. would have reaped more in the 80s or the 60s.

I think a great misunderstanding between young adults and boomers is that about half the young adults simply want things like they were when boomers or Xers were young adults.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Bought this one four years ago.
Paid cash.
Rehabbed it.
Wont want to pay what the market says its worth now though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mr_o:
Can't afford a house? Upset that the dollar isn't worth dick? Don't blame boomers, blame these son's of bitches

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258010/IMG_0131_jpeg-3196850.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258010/IMG_0130_jpeg-3196849.JPG

While you're playing the blame game, blame every worthless POTUS who didn't end the fed and didn't have our money backed by gold. Blame every American, myself included, for not doing the needful in restoring our country to its former glory.
View Quote
Oh good - the gold bugs have showed up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:
@JLPettimoreIII

I swear you got a story about this
View Quote
everybody relax, i'm here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Such BS...if you own your home now, you can most definitely afford to buy it for market value...because you OWN it!  Your asset has appreciated...

making what I made 20+ years ago, I could not afford my house at its current value but making what I make today, I most certainly could.  

I lived in some pretty sketchy places as a young adult, getting progressively nicer as my savings and investments matured to that standard.  Economics has not changed since then.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#39]
i've told this story many times before but here we go.gif

i used to work with a useless bunch of jagoff b**mas who were so proud of themselves for buying their first house in 1988 five years out of college for $30k.

i googled the (brand new stahtah home at the time in a decent area) house from 1988 and naturally that's a (piece of shit beat down shitbox little house in a not great area) $600k house today for... reasons.

one of the useless 'tarded b**mas wouldn't shut his fucking gaping dicksucker so i finally snapped and asked what he was making in 1988.

b**ma:  $15k.

so that's like me five years out of skool making $300k/yr and buying my first house for $600k.

little does this dumb motherfucker realize that adjusted for inflation/whateva i'm making a fraction of what he made.

same guy, same qualifications, same skillsets, same company, same job.

just 30-40 years later.

goddamn.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#40]
My first apartment was 800 bucks in today’s dollars.  They are now $1800-$2400 apartments.
View All Quotes
My first apartment was 800 bucks in today’s dollars.  They are now $1800-$2400 apartments.

Area:  North Dallas
Mine was $1250 in 1998.  That is $2400 in today's dollars.
That SAME apartment rents for $2100 today.

It is actually cheaper now.  Of course I split that with a roomate back then.

My first home was about 350K in today’s dollars.  It’s now an 800K home.

Mine was a 3/2/2 1750 sq ft home for $140k in 2005.  That is $224k in today's dollars according to CPI.  At a typical 5% real estate appreciation rate, that is $350k today.
However, it would sell for $375k today.

That is a challenge, as this particular area has seen a lot of pricing pressure due to the number of people moving here, home prices have increased.  However, it is very close to being "in range" of a 5% real estate appreciation rate.

My nice home was about 480K in today’s dollars.  It’s also now an 800K home.

Mine was $265k in 2012, or $360k in today's dollars according to CPI.  Using the 5% model, it is $475k.  
However, it would sell for $650k today.

That sucks for new buyers, but they are also benefiting from accelerated appreciation from the property they are selling, so this is not some huge mountain for them to climb.  My neighborhood is mostly 3000sq foot 4 and 5 bedroom homes, NOT a starter home by any means.

I would say your area must be regionally very expensive, because why the picture is not "rosy" around here, it is still very doable.  

I think the biggest challenge is not so much that home prices have risen, as much as it is that income have not kept up with inflation, and home price to income index ratio is really bad right now.

But this too shall pass.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By macman37:
It’s not just Boomers.
View Quote

This, pretty much everyone I know is in this boat.  A couple of co-workers in their early 30's were talking about it right after inflation started getting out of control and both were saying they couldn't afford to buy the homes they were in now.

There are so many factors that are causing these record home prices but most of it starts at the $15 an hour minimum wage bullshit.  We aren't even close to seeing things balance out from that still.  Then you have insane inflation, insane illegal immigration, investment companies buying up every house they can get their grubby fucking mitts on.  You also have cities requiring minimum square footages for homes.  The city I work in was requiring McMansion sized homes for a while (I think they ended up getting sued) and it's one of the lowest income areas in the state.

On top of that that fuck head Cox is trying to import as many democrat voters as he can from Silicon Valley.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#42]

I think we are a similar age.

I can love the shit out of those guys that kicked ass in VN and did other awesome America stuff and some of our favorite people may well be boomers it saddens us to see age and fade.

But concurrently hate the change to American society brought about as a whole by the generation as a massive dominant cultural/voting/social cohort that was at the wheel for decades.

I have adult kids doing well also.
But their exact same efforts, accomplishments, etc. would have reaped more in the 80s or the 60s.

I think a great misunderstanding between young adults and boomers is that about half the young adults simply want things like they were when boomers or Xers were young adults.

View Quote
Hell.  I'm an X'er and I just want things like they were when I was a young adult.

I understand the issue and sympathize.  I just don't get on the generational hatred bandwagon.  The Zoomers may end up being the saviors, or the death of us all, or just another generation in between.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Update: Wife said no because of bears. Guess we’ll rent forever.
View Quote

Then I have a chance making an offer on it

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
Before Covid I bought a house in 2019 for 570k. In August of last year I sold that same house in the city for enough to pay off the mortgage and pay cash for a slightly bigger, nicer and newer 450k house out in the suburbs. I couldn't imagine having buy a home right now and have no plans of moving anytime soon as I enjoy not having a mortgage payment. I really feel bad for people that have to buy right now, especially young couples that are first time home buyers that have no equity to use from a different house.
View Quote
I did something similar.  I'm sitting in a house right now that is paid for.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#46]
My house doubled in price in the past four years.  I’d go from a 3% rate to 7.5%.  I think this could be said for more than just boomers.  Plus my taxes increased 20%.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol @ relating it to boomers. Most of you mf’ers on GD couldn’t afford your house if you bought it today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm very surprised the term is "nearly half" in the title, I'd suspect it was closer to 95% at least.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

No not really, we voted for people who promised to lower taxes and to just LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE.

But they didn't.

Then the leftists got control of the schools and colleges in the 90s and now and started the ITS NOT YOUR FAULT you are poor and have AIDs and can't get a job let us intelligent professors show you where the previous generation fucked you.

But we have a better way! SOCIALISM! yea we'll show them fucking boomers, we'll take all their money that they stole from Gen XYZ and give it to them and we'll get them fighting among themselves and convince them that the compassionate government will fix your problems pay your bills and make sure we screw you all over.

Oh and BTW what generation of politician is now planning on banning firearms?

And curtailing our rights?

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
Lol @ relating it to boomers. Most of you mf’ers on GD couldn’t afford your house if you bought it today.
View Quote

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top