Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:

Eh not really. A lot of it is due to cost of living. People just can’t afford to pop out kids right and left when they are young. Home prices and rent are way too high.

Financially responsible people wait until they can afford to have a family and then have one and limit the amount of kids they have based on what they can afford.

Irresponsible people have kids like there is no tomorrow and the .gov ends up subsidizing their existence with your tax dollars.

Gd being GD likes neither scenario.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
The entire industrial first world has the same problem.  Decadent cultures that value material possessions over family be like that.

Eh not really. A lot of it is due to cost of living. People just can’t afford to pop out kids right and left when they are young. Home prices and rent are way too high.

Financially responsible people wait until they can afford to have a family and then have one and limit the amount of kids they have based on what they can afford.

Irresponsible people have kids like there is no tomorrow and the .gov ends up subsidizing their existence with your tax dollars.

The bolded sentence is a sugar coated version of what I said.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Automaticslim:
Good…too many freakin people in this world already.
View Quote

The problem is pendulum effect - too many or too few is extremes but we most of us won’t live long enough to see the impacts of too few. At the moment we’re alive to see too much.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
The irony is that two of those things you list are doubtful due to the last one.  We've been importing foreign labor for the past 50 years and the result has been a government which is actively trying to destroy our oil industry and undermining the combat effectiveness of our military.

Experience has shown that Raul from Guatemala or Mbenze from Tanzania aren't going to do much other than lower blue collar wages while illegally voting for Democrats.  Even Pradeshni the engineer from Mumbai will show his appreciation of his H-1B visa by voting for the politicians who made it possible.
View Quote

We added 84 million immigrants since the  Congress bill in 1965 and while there’s some notable exceptions, overall I’d agree immigration has been mostly a net negative imo. I’m not saying we shouldn’t have had zero immigration but we should have been far more selective and that border needed to be locked down since the 1970s
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Have a pile of kids and another one due next month. Never been on gov assistance, but I also don’t drive 100k trucks and my wife doesn’t drive an 80k Tahoe. We’ve never been to Disney, we don’t do yearly vacations to fancy places, and we grow the majority of our own food.

The hospital bill is the most expensive part of having a kid for us. Probably be every bit of 7k next month for the wife to push out a kid and be held hostage for 3 days.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the problem is overhyped by the media.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#6]
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. When cost of living is higher than ever birth rates will be lower than ever.

I can't blame them one bit. People are having to focus on increasing their income in their prime years to get by and have a chance to get ahead. So that when they get to their thirties hopefully they can find a spouse and combine resources to buy a house and decent vehicles. Then the financial strain delays a second to the cusp of the point where it doesn't make sense to have another.

There is a social aspect to this as well. Many push their adult kids to focus on education and career and delay marriage and kids. Thinking it will put them at an advantage. Really though I don't think it does. It's far easier to put your head down and hustle and juggle childcare, odd hours at work and mental and physical stress in general in your twenties than thirties and forties.

I'm 40, 4 kids ranging from 7-18. They are watching right now as I am about to reluctantly take a plant job with a dupont split-shift schedule to try to maintain a lower middle class life style for us all. I remember when just a few years ago 150k was more than necessary to achieve that with a family of our size. Them seeing this could impact their own plans for the future.

I miss the good old days when at 90k could get you a house, boat, vacations and there was plenty of money left over every month.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The ones that are still producing the kids are of the wrong demographics.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Because all the educated liberal women are aborting their babies to focus on "studying' and their careers.    

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phungus:
But stupid people are still breeding like rabbits…

Because all the educated liberal women are aborting their babies to focus on "studying' and their careers.    

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.  

Just think though, just about all of those aborted babies would probably have ended up being either a criminal due to being unwanted/mistreated/abused, or a Democrat.  Both of which we could do with fewer of.  So if they leftists want to abort their babies, its okay with me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
The entire industrial first world has the same problem.  Decadent cultures that value material possessions over family be like that.

So people should have kids they can’t support or can provide for? Limiting the amount of kids you have to be with in your ability to provide food and shelter for them makes one decadent and value material possessions?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]

So people should have kids they can’t support or can provide for? Limiting the amount of kids you have to be with in your ability to provide food and shelter for them makes one decadent and value material possessions?
View All Quotes

There are several people in this thread that claim to support more than two kids on one income.  They don’t claim to be millionaires either.  Their method is sacrificing material things and organizing their lives around their kids.  It seems pretty obvious what the choice is.  Less stuff, more kids or more stuff, less kids.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Doesn't matter. The "newcomers" will solve that problem as part of the "Reconquista" of "Aztlan."
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]

There are several people in this thread that claim to support more than two kids on one income.  They don’t claim to be millionaires either.  Their method is sacrificing material things and organizing their lives around their kids.  It seems pretty obvious what the choice is.  Less stuff, more kids or more stuff, less kids.
View Quote

That is Dependent on one's individual location and income level. The average home in Oregon is 500k. to purchase one would require making 128K a year. Now you need to get married and establish a career with substantial growth potential by age 30.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
mericans can't afford kids in 2024 slash don't want kids in a dying empire.

jack reacher you wanted this.gif
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kaizer27:
the 50M new illegals will bump those numbers up
View Quote
And more room in public schools

The milk and veggies are not gonna make themselves

I had four kids and two grandkids.

Three of those served in the military

Done my part for god and country
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

I'm amazed this was even allowed on MSNBC.

Video:

View Quote
First honest thing I have seen on MSM.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Really a young couple should wait 6-10 years before having kids.

Get your career on track, make sure you plan to stay married and build a good foundation.

Raising kids is challenging, better to be a mature grown up before you have a child.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:04:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PacNW5] [#18]
We're having our first kid this year. My wife is 29, which supposedly is now the average is our new home country, Sweden.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:

Get your career on track, make sure you plan to stay married and build a good foundation.

Raising kids is challenging, better to be a mature grown up before you have a child.
View Quote

The longer you wait the higher the chance of birth defects.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:10:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#20]

View Quote
If you want people to actually have kids, I disagree with your advice.  I can only share my experience, so I will do that.  I am 45 and of all of my friends from highschool, my group of buddies, only one of them never had kids.  All the rest didn't wait or plan.   They didn't have some bigger picture and were wise to think, I am gonna wait until I am "ready".  They just made kids.  Honestly in most cases, most likely unintentionally at the time.  They were fuckin their woman and had an oops, next thing ya know they had a family.  

The only person from that group that decided to wait for the right time, to plan their life that far out and think ahead about it, never ended up haveing kids.   That person is me and now of course at my age, I have zero plans of ever doing it now.

I am happy with my choice, it is the right choice for me and I do not regret it right now but the truth is the truth.  I am the only one that planned and waited, that didn't have an "oops".  I am also the only one who never had kids.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SuperCracker:

FPNI as usual.
View Quote

I disagree. The countries with the highest birth rates are also some of the poorest, almost entirely in Africa.

Birth rates are low because modern western women don't want to have children. They'd rather focus on their career, travel, and a dog that has become a surrogate child. Because criticism of women is verboten in the US, people will deflect to economic reasons when it's anything but that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah 30%+ real inflation is hurting, kids are expensive.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

That means a woman missing her years of peak healthy fertility.  That's really not a good idea at all.

(had my first kid ten months after the wedding  )
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dboy11:
Kids are expensive

And awesome
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:

That is Dependent on one's individual location and income level. The average home in Oregon is 500k. to purchase one would require making 128K a year. Now you need to get married and establish a career with substantial growth potential by age 30.
View All Quotes

Nothing stops people in the USA from moving somewhere that supports their goals.  It’s especially easy for single people at the start of their career to choose their location.  These are choices people make that prioritize material things and comfort/pleasure over a larger family.  It’s their choice to make.  I don’t judge them for it.  I did it myself.  That said, let’s not pretend that most people aren’t having kids because if they do, then their other kids will be naked, starving, and in the streets.  Most people aren’t having kids because it means their lifestyle would take a hit, and they don’t want to make that sacrifice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.    Half of them are black babies though.   I'm guessing that's just ghetto birth control.

Higher education of women = lower birth rates across the board.   There is no western country that is even meeting the minimum birth rate for a stable population, much less to get population growth.

Virtually all of the worlds population expansion over the next 30 years  will be from 8 Muslim and African countries.
View Quote

Is this a bad thing?
It's not hard to see the earth is overpopulated, maybe less will be better.
Would countries fall apart if they had fewer people?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

25-35 is a good range for women.  There’s really not that much difference in the rates in that range.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

I'm amazed this was even allowed on MSNBC.

Video:

View Quote

Just more divisive shit from the MSM. Soon there will be calls to kill all the old people to redistribute their wealth and assets to the younger generation and it won't be to their heirs...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Cost Of Living:

Births:
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
kids and women are expensive.

men are pretty much fed up with both.

View Quote

This as well,the juice isn't worth the squeeze.  Modern American women are toxic why would a guy risk 50%+ of his wealth for a piece of ass that will drag him down and then take his shit.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Taom:

Is this a bad thing?
View All Quotes

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.    Half of them are black babies though.   I'm guessing that's just ghetto birth control.

Higher education of women = lower birth rates across the board.   There is no western country that is even meeting the minimum birth rate for a stable population, much less to get population growth.

Virtually all of the worlds population expansion over the next 30 years  will be from 8 Muslim and African countries.

Is this a bad thing?

Yes, and yes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#32]
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:

I disagree. The countries with the highest birth rates are also some of the poorest, almost entirely in Africa.

Birth rates are low because modern western women don't want to have children. They'd rather focus on their career, travel, and a dog that has become a surrogate child. Because criticism of women is verboten in the US, people will deflect to economic reasons when it's anything but that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:
Originally Posted By SuperCracker:

FPNI as usual.

Plenty of modern western men don’t want to have children either.  Putting this all on women is silly.

ETA:  proof is two posts up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By boolzi:

Huge point. Plus the atmosphere and ability to raise a child your way is gone. The outlook of the nation is bad, crime, illegals running loose everywhere….who in their right mind would have a kid right now? Oh yea, bottom feeders and illegals…
View All Quotes
Kids are expensive

And awesome

Huge point. Plus the atmosphere and ability to raise a child your way is gone. The outlook of the nation is bad, crime, illegals running loose everywhere….who in their right mind would have a kid right now? Oh yea, bottom feeders and illegals…

If more western men and women would have kids and ignore the bs excuses for not having kids, it wouldn't matter what the elites do but conservatives won't even have more than one or two
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:
If anyone is still wondering why the southern border is open hopefully, this clears that up.
View Quote

This is a chicken/ egg argument. The same people telling you to not have children  because it's bad for the environment are affiliated with the groups who are bringing illegals into the country
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I did my part in 2018, 2020, and 2023. I'm done. No more damn kids.  3 is enough
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#36]

They don’t count abortions as part of the birth stats.
View Quote

Abortions are not live births.  So, no, they shouldn't be counted as live births.   I'm not sure what you're trying to argue - but Per the CDC, abortions are "an intervention performed by a licensed clinician (e.g., a physician, nurse-midwife, nurse practitioner, physician assistant) within the limits of state regulations, that is intended to terminate a suspected or known ongoing intrauterine pregnancy and that does not result in a live birth."   Live births = 3.6 million.

Depending on the source, abortions were 930,000 two years ago.   So you could say there were at least 4.5 million pregnancies...   but whatever.  

Pregnancy, fertility or other statistics may lump everything together, and your "replacement rate" figure may also include abortions as well as fetal death rates - but they are not the same.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:56:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lumper] [#37]

View Quote

If one was willing to sacrifice material things to have children instead of things, a good place to start would be the average home costing $ 500,000.  Does a small family need a $ 500,000 home.  What do children need?  They need shelter, food, clothing, and love.  They do not need their own bedroom.  They do not need their own bathroom.

You know what they really need?  A loving family - which matters a whole lot more than the stuff many people try to replace love with.

To a child, time = love.  That is a worthy reason why Mom should stay home and raise them.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
Have a pile of kids and another one due next month. Never been on gov assistance, but I also don’t drive 100k trucks and my wife doesn’t drive an 80k Tahoe. We’ve never been to Disney, we don’t do yearly vacations to fancy places, and we grow the majority of our own food.

The hospital bill is the most expensive part of having a kid for us. Probably be every bit of 7k next month for the wife to push out a kid and be held hostage for 3 days.
View Quote

You don't do the midwife route?  It's way cheaper and Superior in every way to the hospital experience for all but a few cases.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By billclo:

Just think though, just about all of those aborted babies would probably have ended up being either a criminal due to being unwanted/mistreated/abused, or a Democrat.  Both of which we could do with fewer of.  So if they leftists want to abort their babies, its okay with me.
View Quote

People say that, but who knows.   The absence of emphasis on God, family and responsibility is the bigger killer.   But if we don't value life, what good are our other values?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Is this a bad thing?
View All Quotes

Is this a bad thing?

Depends on your perspective. If you talking about what's good for the environment, seems like less people are better.

If you are talking about economic growth, supporting the welfare state and entitlements, supporting old people in retirement until they die, etc then it's generally accepted you need a constant supply of new young workers.

There's a lot of other arguments for less population growth, but usually what you're getting is people saying they don't want population growth where they live but they want the benefits of population growth elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Abortions are not live births.  So, no, they shouldn't be counted as live births.   I'm not sure what you're trying to argue - but Per the CDC, abortions are "an intervention performed by a licensed clinician (e.g., a physician, nurse-midwife, nurse practitioner, physician assistant) within the limits of state regulations, that is intended to terminate a suspected or known ongoing intrauterine pregnancy and that does not result in a live birth."   Live births = 3.6 million.

Depending on the source, abortions were 930,000 two years ago.   So you could say there were at least 4.5 million pregnancies...   but whatever.  

Pregnancy, fertility or other statistics may lump everything together, and your "replacement rate" figure may also include abortions as well as fetal death rates - but they are not the same.
View All Quotes

They don’t count abortions as part of the birth stats.

You trimmed the quote tree, so here it is again.  I was correcting the bold part.  You fixed your math above.

Originally Posted By phungus:
But stupid people are still breeding like rabbits…

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.    Half of them are black babies though.   I'm guessing that's just ghetto birth control…
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By fulminate:

If more western men and women would have kids and ignore the bs excuses for not having kids, it wouldn't matter what the elites do but conservatives won't even have more than one or two
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fulminate:
Kids are expensive

And awesome

The biggest cause of declining birth rates is economic prosperity. Poor people have lots of kids, then as their economic situation improves they have less kids, usually in conjunction with moving from rural to suburban and urban areas.

It's a catch 22 and we are going to have to figure out how to solve the problem without depending on the right people having more babies.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Detroit Michigan is expensive? Maybe my coffee still isn’t kicking in yet
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

You don't do the midwife route?  It's way cheaper and Superior in every way to the hospital experience for all but a few cases.
View Quote

My wife and I had 9 children.  7 were born at home and two at the midwifes house.  Other than one ultrasound for the first child, we have never been in a hospital for any of them.  I understand how blessed we have been in this regard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:

View Quote

my wife had twins via emergency c-section on dec 20th, then they stayed in the NICU for 12 days... yes, that means 3 days for 2 kids in the NICU gobbled the second years deductible right away.

that was 5 1/2 years ago..

I was done after that. 3 total.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

View Quote

According to this, yes

https://www.axios.com/local/detroit/2023/11/21/cost-of-living-higher-national-average-report-data
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

One of my biggest regrets in life was waiting until we had our shit together before having kids.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

According to this, yes

https://www.axios.com/local/detroit/2023/11/21/cost-of-living-higher-national-average-report-data

anywhere its cheap you wouldn't want to raise a family lol

and you will probably be robbed, or killed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By apierce918:

anywhere its cheap you wouldn't want to raise a family lol

and you will probably be robbed, or killed.
View Quote

Apparently, the cheap ass Dakotas are doing most of our breeding
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By lumper:

My wife and I had 9 children.  7 were born at home and two at the midwifes house.  Other than one ultrasound for the first child, we have never been in a hospital for any of them.  I understand how blessed we have been in this regard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lumper:
Originally Posted By CMiller:

When we got to 5 we realized she couldn't handle any more.  Some women are just built for it, much respect and admiration to your wife!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top