Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
Alito just called all leftist prosecutors out for doing this to interfere with his election bid.

Jay
View Quote

He has the special counsel stammering a bit
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
Alito just called all leftist prosecutors out for doing this to interfere with his election bid.

Jay

He's circling back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
'Mostly peaceful'

Jay
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
The fact that he didn't immediately respond with "Absolutely not" indicates that he thinks the same but can't say it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL Gorsuch pulls out the "mostly peaceful protest" for the second time this week.  Nice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Both her and Sotomayor. Complete morons that a first year law student could outwit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By azjeeper:
Justice Brown comes across as a box of rocks.

Both her and Sotomayor. Complete morons that a first year law student could outwit.

Sotomayor showed a brain once in awhile at the Circuit Level.  Brown is an absolutely awful DEI pick.  I personally know jurists who also wouldn't be qualified for that seat, but would be better than her.  Though, at least she didn't rule on the constitutionality of legislation she helped draft, like Kagan did in the Obamacare case.  I guess that's something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:23:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#7]
We just want to make special exceptions to prosecute a president just a tiny little bit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
can someone clear my question up? is the claimed immunity for things done while trump was president or afterwards? (or both)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]
LIVE: Supreme Court weighs Trump's bid for immunity from prosecution
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RLR350:

Kagan and Jackson, Biden’s attorneys disguised as Supreme Court Justices, are arguing no immunity should apply.

Trump’s lawyer is arguing absolute immunity does not exist.  Impeachment is the remedy for official acts.

Robert’s is trying to bring some sanity back to the questioning. “You’re arguing that a former president can be prosecuted because he is being prosecuted.” Directed at the special counsel.

The special counsel is saying political prosecutions won’t happen because of the checks and balances in place.  Laughable.
View Quote

They will argue  no immunity until  Dem President gets accused of something
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow. Tagged to follow while working.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Michael Dreeben needs to be charged with a crime of being a douche, and election interference.

He's been around the block PUSHING all these fake Trump charges with Jack.

These traitors need to be taking a dirt nap imho.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:

View All Quotes

Kagan and Jackson, Biden’s attorneys disguised as Supreme Court Justices, are arguing no immunity should apply.

Trump’s lawyer is arguing absolute immunity does not exist.  Impeachment is the remedy for official acts.

Robert’s is trying to bring some sanity back to the questioning. “You’re arguing that a former president can be prosecuted because he is being prosecuted.” Directed at the special counsel.

The special counsel is saying political prosecutions won’t happen because of the checks and balances in place.  Laughable.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If any of Bidens crimes ever come before a court they will change their tune. Alito was eluding to that a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Ketanji, like Daktari?  Yeah, vapid as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Gorsuch asked Dreeban(justice department counsel)what would happen if a president held a sit in and had a mostly peaceful protest in front of congress.
Because he objects to a piece of legislation that’s going through.  

In fact, delays those proceedings.  Technically, that would be interrupting an official proceeding.
Gorsuch asked Dreeban if that is prosecutable or not prosecutable at its core?  

Some official acts congress can criminalize and some they can’t.  

Dreeban’s answer was “probably not”

This is kind of restating Jan 6 IMO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195/e8443-17133410384245-1920_jpg-3197422.JPG

Are you an Eastern or Central Floridian?

Kharn
View Quote

Panhandle is best Floridian.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#17]
summary for those that cannot listen?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:38:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6SJ7GT] [#18]

That's exactly what I was thinking. If any of Bidens crimes ever come before a court they will change their tune. Alito was eluding to that a few minutes ago.
View All Quotes

"No reasonable prosecutor..."
We have already heard that line. It only goes one way.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#19]
What ?
Get the AG to sign off on what ever the Prez wants to do, and he's immune?

Jay
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
Gorsuch asked Dreeban(justice department counsel)what would happen if a president held a sit in and had a mostly peaceful protest in front of congress.
Because he objects to a piece of legislation that’s going through.  

In fact, delays those proceedings.  Technically, that would be interrupting an official proceeding.
Gorsuch asked Dreeban if that is prosecutable or not prosecutable at its core?  

Some official acts congress can criminalize and some they can’t.  

Dreeban’s answer was “probably not”

This is kind of restating Jan 6 IMO.
View Quote

At least congress won't reap the whirlwind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#21]
This very interesting and the arguments would open up a serious can of worms. Sounds mostly like the DOJ is going for a power grab, usurping the power of the President, much like the commissars did in Soviet Russia under the Bolsheviks as arbitrators of what the President may do.

I do not think the reasonable justices are having it.
The usuals suspects are all 🤡 show it seems.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Tag for the random speculation and ranting.
View Quote

That's why I'm jumping in!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
TLDR: for those of us in Teams meetings who can't watch the video?
View Quote

This please!

This Teams meeting is killing me. I want to stab out my eardrums. OFFS, as I typed this the HR lady just announced we are changing payroll systems AGAIN. Good grief that’s 3 times in 2 years.

Please give me some SCOTUS good news to bring back my will to live.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Michael Dreeben sounds super gay.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#25]
If this prosecution is allowed to go through, you can be certain every prez will pardon himself for anything they did before he leaves office.
Dreeben is an idiot to think otherwise.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
summary for those that cannot listen?
View Quote

Orange man is bad, that's about all the DOJ is basing their argument on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
View Quote

He says the same things that I've read some people on here saying. Almost like talking points.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#28]
When does SCOTUS vote on this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
View Quote

That seems to be a requirement to be a part of the current administration
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#30]
6-3 against Trump. As usual, he chose the wrong hill to die on.  No previous POTUS has ever claimed absolute presidential immunity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#31]
tag for later

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By wesr228:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wesr228:
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Tag for the random speculation and ranting.

Tagged for the eventual 20 page thread slide by the_crew where they keep repeating the same wrong things over and over and pretend they haven't been shot down dozens of times already.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

She is going to be another O'Connor. the female version of Roberts on the Court.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kihn:
Originally Posted By amos1909:
Originally Posted By Meathook:
Barret was a bad hire.  I don't trust her.
Same, I don't trust 2 of the 3 Trump hires but we will wait and see

She is going to be another O'Connor. the female version of Roberts on the Court.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
6-3 against Trump. As usual, he chose the wrong hill to die on.  No previous POTUS has ever claimed absolute presidential immunity.
View Quote

I think it will be 6-3 or 5-4 in favor of Trump based on what I've heard so far. The DOJ has a weak argument.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

It should be clear to everyone by now that she wasn’t placed on the USSC because of her scholarly and judicial acumen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Sotomayor showed a brain once in awhile at the Circuit Level.  Brown is an absolutely awful DEI pick.  I personally know jurists who also wouldn't be qualified for that seat, but would be better than her.  Though, at least she didn't rule on the constitutionality of legislation she helped draft, like Kagan did in the Obamacare case.  I guess that's something.
View Quote

Sotomayer and Kagan are not dumb really they are just diehard leftists.  Brown is 100% stupid
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#37]

I think it will be 6-3 or 5-4 in favor of Trump based on what I've heard so far. The DOJ has a weak argument.
View Quote

Their response to the question of malicious prosecution has basically been that yes it could happen but it won’t because trust us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Call me crazy, but somewhere there has to be a crime, doesn't there?   So far Trumps has not been convicted of a crime anywhere that I can remember, at least one that was legit and not made up, bought and paid for by the democraps.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

They didn’t get picked for scotus seats because they were the BEST / SMARTEST candidates available.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#40]
My only fear is, if Trump get immunity, the Left will use that to gin up the retards to get Biden in and pack the court.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ExtraHardTaco:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ExtraHardTaco:
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

They didn’t get picked for scotus seats because they were the BEST / SMARTEST candidates available.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif

May want to rename her to Kamtaji Diversity Hire, similar to Kareen Diversity Hire.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By S58DRIVER:

Diversity hire...
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
View Quote

Obviously you aren't paying too close of attention.  It's the Left claiming that Trump is angling "absolute Presidential immunity".  But maybe you are repeating yourself.

Trump is hanging his hat on "Impeachment by the Legislative branch is the only remedy Constitutionally available to hold a President accountable".
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#44]
If there is not immunity, can we go back and prosecute BHO for killing Americans with drones without due process?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Alito asks about a fictitious hotly contested and close election.
He talked about Third World countries, historically that have thrown out an incumbent and then toss them in jail.

So he put the question to him about a bitter political opponent tossing the loser in jail.

Of course, Dreeban said that wouldn’t happen here.  In other words, take your loss and argue about in court.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:

It should be clear to everyone by now that she wasn’t placed on the USSC because of her scholarly and judicial acumen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:

Painfully apparent.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#47]
If a President closed the border is he liable?  What if he abolished the border?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Trump 2024!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#49]
IMO judging by the scope of questions being asked that it’ll go Trump’s way. Not really because of him but because of the can of worms the DOJ is opening up and they admit there’s really no safe guards against corruption other than to place trust in the DOJ to do the right thing and this would put future administrations at risk of malicious prosecution by their opponents.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
If there is not immunity, can we go back and prosecute BHO for killing Americans with drones without due process?
View Quote

That's the same thing Pool and others have been saying- this has the potential to open a door that would cause all sorts of problems but the dems must feel confident they're going to be in charge from now on.  Given the actions, or more specifically non-actions, of most RINOs, they're probably right.

And yeah, despite having no law training, I'm pretty sure I could do a little reading and hold my own against Brown- like so many other DIE hires she's dumb as a box of rocks and less useful.  
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top