Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My avatar is a killer klown. Of course I do crazy shit. Probably why I'm still single. They can tell.

Just not pack up and move across the country. Although I've thought about hopping some freighters for fun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
i think about spending money and then i think "nah, better not."
View Quote
I spend the money and then regret spending it, then I sell what I bought (usually at a loss) which makes me wish I hadn't bought it in the first place, which leads to me regretting selling it because I actually really wanted it to start with.

So I just end up buying it again.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
vega$$ is too hot.

i'm thinking moar the PNW or alaska.
View Quote

I’ve spent a lot of time in the PNW. It can be fun. Never been to AK though.

My ex is in Seattle, it’s tainted now. Even though one of the best punk rock dive bars ever is there. Sad.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
There are YouTube channels all about this life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:49:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#5]
I want the opposite of crazy out of life.  I am single and my activites consist of doing things that ensure all is well and smooth and calm.  

Don't get me wrong, there is a weight bench in the middle of my living room.  Now and then when I can't sleep, I will jam out some music way too loud at 3AM.  Sometimes I just drink coffee straight out the coffee pot....it's just a big cup anyway and I am the only one using it. It's not the same as being married and there are for sure some differences, but as a general rule I crave stable and predictable.  Perhaps I am a little too boring when left to my own devices, but the truth is the truth.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
He’ll, I’m married (no kids) and do whatever I want. I may go to the Leesburg Bikefest tomorrow for the weekend alone and see what I can get into.

I’m not asking permission to go and she won’t know I’m gone until I’ve already left.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I generally get to do what I want.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#8]
You guys should do dumb career stuff. Be a cop for a few months, drive a truck cross country, teach Chinese kids incorrect English etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
You guys should do dumb career stuff. Be a cop for a few months, drive a truck cross country, teach Chinese kids wrong English etc.
View Quote
i'm where i'm at now thanks to doing dumb career stuff.

got that covered.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
My avatar is a killer klown. Of course I do crazy shit. Probably why I'm still single. They can tell.

Just not pack up and move across the country. Although I've thought about hopping some freighters for fun.
View Quote
do it.gif

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes they are all on Tinder running trains on each other.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I know lots of guys and gals that live in their van and   chase snow and/or climbing bums.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#14]
I'm single and always have been. I've never done anything considered "crazy stuff". I've never even went to a night club or attended a party, not even in my teenage years or my 20s.

About a year and a half ago I went to the dentist and the female hygienist asked me what I do for "fun"... I had nothing. I do hate that question, but unfortunately it comes up in small talk quite often.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:04:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
https://i.postimg.cc/J7vwFwDK/Single.png
View Quote

That chair should be replaced with a lawn chair in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
If you don't change your lifestyle after getting married & having kids you're probably a moron.  That's all I got.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#17]
https://i.postimg.cc/J7vwFwDK/Single.png
View Quote
My house legit echos.  The entire upper floor is empty.  There is nothing up there, it's just walls and floor.  The basement is empty.  If not for the furnace in the middle of it, you could have a tennis match down there.  There is not a single thing on sitting on the floor that isn't an appliance.

My main floor is the only space that has any furniture and really just barely needed.  I am in my recliner in my living room and if I were to sneeze right now, it would echo around the house and come back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Different priorities, when I was younger and single I would hit a different country every month or so for a vacation. I als9 didn't care about savings, 401k, etc. Now I'm married with a wife, kid, mortgage and car notes. Not to mention debt from my younger stupider years. Now crazy is something like eating out at work instead of packing a lunch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I've done plenty of crazy things while being single and married with children.  My wife just doesn't know about most of it.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:14:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro_Patria_431] [#20]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

View Quote

I am seriously considering buying that sweet AK cabin in the boomer house thread and disappear. Good enough for for Ted Kazinsky good enough for me.

ETA: It's fucking pending. My manifesto will have to wait.  Damn you JLPIII!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
My house legit echos.  The entire upper floor is empty.  There is nothing up there, it's just walls and floor.  The basement is empty.  If not for the furnace in the middle of it, you could have a tennis match down there.  There is not a single thing on sitting on the floor that isn't an appliance.

My main floor is the only space that has any furniture and really just barely needed.  I am in my recliner in my living room and if I were to sneeze right now, it would echo around the house and come back.
View Quote

So, Xbox or Playstation on the floor right now?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
I'm single and always have been. I've never done anything considered "crazy stuff". I've never even went to a night club or attended a party, not even in my teenage years or my 20s.

About a year and a half ago I went to the dentist and the female hygienist asked me what I do for "fun"... I had nothing. I do hate that question, but unfortunately it comes up in small talk quite often.
View Quote

@556cliff

The correct response would have been what she like to do for fun. Could of killed two bird with one stone
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Pro_Patria_431:

I am seriously considering buying that sweet AK cabin in the boomer house thread and disappear. Good enough for for Ted Kazinsky good enough for me.

View Quote
linky to cabin?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
pics of hygienist?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#25]
If I didn't have a wife and children I'd not own property and be gone to a place with a favorable exchange rate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
Yes they are all on Tinder running trains on each other.
View Quote
that's hot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Zak406:

@556cliff

The correct response would have been what she like to do for fun. Could of killed two bird with one stone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zak406:

@556cliff

She actually volunteered that information, it preceded her question to me about what I do for fun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#28]

So, Xbox or Playstation on the floor right now?
View Quote
I am a PC master race guy so no console but....directly in front of said recliner is a big long folding table which holds two monitors.  I pull it to me then recline the recliner back.  My legs end up up under the table and it comes over me so the monitors are right in my face while I am reclined back.

I am sure most wives would be all... that friggin card table is NOT staying in this living taking up all that space and lookin ugly but....it's awesome.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]
pics of hygienist?
View All Quotes

pics of hygienist?

Lol, not sure what she would have thought about me pulling my phone out and taking a picture of her while her hands were in my mouth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I am a PC master race guy so no console but....directly in front of said recliner is a big long folding table which holds two monitors.  I pull it to me then recline the recliner back.  My legs end up up under the table and it comes over me so the monitors are right in my face while I am reclined back.

I am sure most wives would be all... that friggin card table is NOT staying in this living taking up all that space and lookin ugly but....it's awesome.
View Quote

I suspected that you were here this whole time, Henry

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Most people are boring and lame regardless of relationship status. But yeah being single gives you the freedom to do more things.

I have no desire to live in a van because I’m not a dirty hippie, but I travel and do whatever I want. If I remain single I will be able to retire very young.

Life is about choices. No right or wrong in my opinion with this, but there are consequences for either choice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
That is actually depressing af.  Go to the bank tomorrow and get $100 in $2 bills and take an Uber to a strip club this weekend.  Don't have to do anything "crazy" but at least get to drink some beers while seeing some tits and ass.  Get the fuck off the internet bro!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Lol, not sure what she would have thought about me pulling my phone out and taking a picture of her while her hands were in my mouth.
View Quote

Put your hands in her mouth.

Tit for tat
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#34]
linky to cabin?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pro_Patria_431:

linky to cabin?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20229-Fishinfun-Rd-Willow-AK-99688/345092292_zpid/
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#35]

That chair should be replaced with a lawn chair in my opinion.
View Quote

Futon worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#36]
Originally Posted By showmeballer:
That is actually depressing af.  Go to the bank tomorrow and get $100 in $2 bills and take an Uber to a strip club this weekend.  Don't have to do anything "crazy" but at least get to drink some beers while seeing some tits and ass.  Get the fuck off the internet bro!
View Quote
There are only two strip clubs anywhere close that are still open that I can think of.  Both are in sketch neighborhoods and both will have performers that quite honestly...I have no desire to pay money to look at.  I really doubt you would either.  Not to mention then being stuck there with no ride and having to depend on some rando uber driver to happen to want to come pick up...it all sounds like a really dumb idea.  If I was going to I would not drink and drive myself but I would very honestly rather just...not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm married with 4 kids.

We sold our house and most of all our stuff and have been traveling full time the past year.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Rossman1:
Banging the same woman every night sounds like crazy stuff!  
View Quote

Every night?!?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#39]
If I hadn’t gotten married at 32 I’d probably be dead

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
There are only two strip clubs anywhere close that are still open that I can think of.  Both are in sketch neighborhoods and both will have performers that quite honestly...I have no desire to pay money to look at.  I really doubt you would either.  Not to mention then being stuck there with no ride and having to depend on some rando uber driver to happen to want to come pick up...it all sounds like a really dumb idea.  If I was going to I would not drink and drive myself but I would very honestly rather just...not.
View Quote

Then go somewhere else. Spend the weekend in Indy. Or Bangkok.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#41]
A uncaring marriage and a life insurance policy for the kids, sometimes I take risks freely on the farm.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MHowski:
I’m married with children but sometimes think if I wasn’t I would pack it up and move across the country or live in a van.  But I don’t really hear about single people doing that.  Maybe it’s because I only deal with white collar office types.  Does being married with children keep people from doing crazy stuff?
View Quote

I think, largely, if you can't afford it, married life and/or having kids just enslaves you, and people fabricate just how joyful the grind is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Marriage and family is a prison.

Yeah, yeah, bad attitude, I'm not doing it right, bad husband/dad/christian, whatever. I wish I had the freedom to completely pursue my personal goals, and there are times when I really wish I was single.
Flipside is wife's got big tits, a home and stability is nice, kids fun sometimes, dog always loves me.

We make our choices, we pick our sacrifices.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By farmer-dave:
A uncaring marriage and a life insurance policy for the kids, sometimes I take risks freely on the farm.
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:
If I hadn’t gotten married at 32 I’d probably be dead

View Quote

Some things are worse than death.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]

She actually volunteered that information, it preceded her question to me about what I do for fun.
View Quote

As the young kids say we need to get your rizz up
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I kid you not....

I was discussing something like this with my buddy today.

I told him I literally just want to pack a bag and leave this shithole...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#49]
He'll, I am married with children and my kids are getting to the point where I could just tell my son to grab his shit and meet me in the garage in ten minutes, we'll be home in six months.

And my wife and I are so thoroughly on each other's shit lists that it's starting to look like a good idea.

Put another way, blow up your TV, throw away your papers, move to the country, build you a home, plant a little garden, eat a bunch of peaches, and try to find Jesus on your own.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Single, I've worked remotely for over a decade and can travel anywhere, kids are grown, one is at home (but doesn't need to be) so he can take care of the homestead...

I have a ton of freedom, I just need to leverage it. I have lots of ideas but pulling the trigger is difficult for me for some reason. Need a wingman or something to go on some trips and tear it up 😅
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top