Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By spmx7777:

As dozens of protests break out across the United States at numerous universities, students and protesters have reported sightings of snipers on top of rooftops at Ohio State University and the University of Indiana Bloomingdale’s, causing an uproar. Some comments express concern, stating that "putting snipers on the roof against students is exactly what police states do" or "this is absolutely outrageous." However, the presence of snipers is likely for safety reasons, in case of any potential threats or emergencies.

--

FAFO
View Quote

So, the cops are protecting an illegal protest.  And then not breaking it up as soon as it becomes an illegal protest, or arresting anyone.  Awesome.

Good job guys.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Michaelson:
With the traditional equipment for pali terrorists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5MEeAzOn0Y
View Quote

Groins and knee caps
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By morglan:

The cops' side.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
I didnt click but who's side are the snipers on?

The cops' side.

The dental plan's side.

Make up your minds:  are you going to enforce law and order?  Or be bystanders?  Pick one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
I drove by the IU protest site earlier.

Right across the street from where they were trying to setup a CHAZ style 'protest' is the Chabad House which is the Jewish community group at IU.

The Chabad House people were playing 'We Will Rock You' very loudly towards the pro-Hamas people
View Quote

Fine, let's do this, Ohio.
Just spare me from having to listen to Neil Young again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

So, the cops are protecting an illegal protest.  And then not breaking it up as soon as it becomes an illegal protest, or arresting anyone.  Awesome.

Good job guys.
View All Quotes

As dozens of protests break out across the United States at numerous universities, students and protesters have reported sightings of snipers on top of rooftops at Ohio State University and the University of Indiana Bloomingdale's, causing an uproar. Some comments express concern, stating that "putting snipers on the roof against students is exactly what police states do" or "this is absolutely outrageous." However, the presence of snipers is likely for safety reasons, in case of any potential threats or emergencies.

--

FAFO

Good job guys.

IUPD arrested over 30 and gave them trespass warnings that are good for a year.

If they're students they're toast for this semester, fall semester, and next year's spring semester.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
I'm going with maintenance man on the roof changing air handler filters and protesters freaking out.
View Quote

The SS guys when Gore met the Russian VP at my school, were pretty imposing.  Almost as imposing as the guys I knew were there, but weren't visible.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a SWAT Sniper (well, I am just a patrolman again who is still precision rifle qualified)

Yeah, this happens. I have sat on my stick for....*events*

The truth of the matter is, the mission is almost entirely having a great view and if needed, a powerful deterrence/show of force.   Sometimes, even if you see "snipers" you may not see Snipers.

There is a lot to the craft besides being really visible on a roof.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]

The SS guys when Gore met the Russian VP at my school, were pretty imposing.  Almost as imposing as the guys I knew were there, but weren't visible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll buy the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
I am a SWAT Sniper (well, I am just a patrolman again who is still precision rifle qualified)

The truth of the matter is, the mission is almost entirely having a great view and if needed, a powerful deterrence/show of force.   Sometimes, even if you see "snipers" you may not see Snipers.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]

IUPD arrested over 30 and gave them trespass warnings that are good for a year.

If they're students they're toast for this semester, fall semester, and next year's spring semester.
View Quote

Good.  They should be studying for Finals/panicking over the thesis they still haven't written, this time of year anyway.

Protest is an important part of American political discourse.  So is civil disobedience.  But your ass needs to be arrested when you do it. That's what makes it noble and self-sacrificing.  Thoreau actually went to jail.  So did Gandhi.  Are these fucks?  Glad the IUPD took care of it.

Minneapolis and Kenosha sure didn't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By McGuy:

Not yours.
View Quote
Precisely
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Good job guys.
View All Quotes

As dozens of protests break out across the United States at numerous universities, students and protesters have reported sightings of snipers on top of rooftops at Ohio State University and the University of Indiana Bloomingdale’s, causing an uproar. Some comments express concern, stating that "putting snipers on the roof against students is exactly what police states do" or "this is absolutely outrageous." However, the presence of snipers is likely for safety reasons, in case of any potential threats or emergencies.

--

FAFO

Good job guys.

If the university doesn't want to eject the "protestors," how do you propose the police do it legally?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

In this case, who are "they" deterring?  It doesn't seem to be the OSU protesters.  

It looks like they're overwatch.  Which I sadly expect.  But brings up a lot of very unpleasant contingent events.

As I keep writing here:  we're headed to an awful place.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
They were probably there to protect the poor muzzie lovers from the Maga whiteys.

Probably fake news anyway.
View Quote

Yup.

Pics or it didn’t happen, ya young whipper-snappers
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#16]
"University of Indiana Bloomingdale"

Uh, it's Indiana University and it's in Bloomington.  "IU" literally is in the correct order (unlike those old Big Eight schools, KU, OU, MU, NU; they are all "University of ..." despite the name).

The Twitterer shouldn't feel too bad, though.  Even IU fucks up their own name:

Wow, I digress...  we should deport all the protesting immigrants we let in, along with their suburban white "allies."
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]

That guy wants everyone to know he is there.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope this carries on all summer and fall.

Only hurts the Dems.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#19]

In this case, who are "they" deterring?  It doesn't seem to be the OSU protesters.  

It looks like they're overwatch.  Which I sadly expect.  But brings up a lot of very unpleasant contingent events.

As I keep writing here:  we're headed to an awful place.
View Quote

I have no idea.  I do not know what intel they have nor do I know what the real nature of their mission is.

....I just know what to do if I have those things.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By delemorte:

Only hurts the Dems.
View Quote

What if it comes to your neighborhood?

We should be nuking this bullshit from orbit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/local/2024/04/25/hamas-israel-war-gaza-protest-ohio-state-university-campus/73456832007/

Protestors start to leave after 6 hours at Ohio State University; over a dozen arrested

Columbus became the latest site of student protests against Israel as hundreds of Ohio State University students, faculty and members of the Ohio Arab community rallied Thursday and set up tents outside the student union.

Just before 11 p.m., protestors were starting to leave the South Oval, after nearly six hours of chants, prayers and construction of tents. Police lined College Road South and 12th Avenue, as protest organizers encouraged people to go home. An hour before, dozens of police, including Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers surrounded what at one point had been hundreds of protestors, trying to break up the peaceful demonstration.

Columbus Dispatch reporters at the scene witnessed police arresting more than a dozen people.

A couple hours earlier, around 8 p.m., demonstrators stepped up chanting, but Ohio State police officers previously informed the crowd to disperse in 15 minutes, around 7:30 p.m., with another warning 10 minutes after that.

The protest began around 5 p.m., calling for Ohio State and others to divest investments from companies with links to Israel.

University spokesman Ben Johnson said state law prohibits state entities like Ohio State from divesting in Israel.

"Ohio Revised Code Section 9.76 prohibits the university from divesting any interests in Israel and prohibits adopting or adhering to a policy that requires divestment from Israel or with persons or entities associated with it," Johnson said in a statement.  Screw you punks.

Tent encampments at university campuses have become a visible symbol of a student movement that has spread across the country at schools like Columbia University and the University of Texas Austin, USA TODAY reported.

Demonstrators across the nation are protesting the civilian toll in Gaza, where more than 34,000 people have died since the Israeli invasion that followed a Hamas-led attack that killed almost 1,200 people in Israel. Students oppose U.S. military aid to Israel and want their schools to stop investing endowment money in companies with Israeli links.

While not as large scale as other universities, police arrested three individuals Thursday morning on campus as part of a demonstration of around 25 people, The Dispatch previously reported. On Tuesday, two Ohio State students were arrested during another on-campus protest.

Protestors call on Ohio universities to divest from Israel

The event was organized by a collection of local Ohio university chapters of the Students for Justice in Palestine, organizers told The Dispatch. Omar Heif, 21, a University of Toledo student and event organizer, said the event was intended to send a message that university students across the state are in support of divestment.

"You can silence us, you can beat us, you can arrest us, but at the end of the day, we're all connected," Heif said.

Laila Shaikh, 19, event organizer and University of Cincinnati student, stressed that the event was meant to be a peaceful demonstration and they wanted to exercise their rights to free speech.

"We have members from the Jewish community members of the Christian community and members of the Muslim community coming together again to show our shared humanity — and I want to reiterate — we are not doing anything that's violent," Shaikh said.

Amy Shuster, an OSU philosophy professor and a member of Jewish Voice for Peace Central Ohio, said she and other members of the organization wanted to spread a message that "Jewish safety is absolutely bound up with the safety of the Palestinian people."

"These things are not mutually exclusive, and they're not in competition with each other," Shuster said. "There's nothing Jewish about genocide. There's nothing Jewish about ethnic cleansing.

Jewish OSU student calls demonstration 'disgusting'

Adam Kling, 21, a Jewish OSU student studying biology, was there alongside over a dozen other Jewish students, some wrapping themselves in Israeli flags, observing the demonstration.

He said what he's seen on college campuses across the country in recent days was "disgusting."

"It's terrifying," Kling said. "I don't feel unsafe — I do think that a large portion of the Jewish community feels unsafe, and I do think that's what they're trying to do."

Kling said he feels like OSU and other college campuses are divided.

"I don't want it to happen, but when you walk out of your house, you walk out of your class and there are people wishing for your friends to be dead," Kling said. "For you to be kicked out of campus and for your home country to be destroyed. It's really disheartening to hear from fellow students."

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

If the university doesn't want to eject the "protestors," how do you propose the police do it legally?
View Quote

Oh, i don't know.  The same way cops bust people for disturbing the peace, public intox, DUI, etc, regardless of what the surrounding university wants or doesnt want to happen to its students.  

But let's cut the shit:  if a right-wing group---I'll pick on the Proud Boys, as they're recognizable---tried to protest similarly, OSUPD would be balls deep in everything they did.  And wouldn't be waiting for a rep of "The Ohio State University" to tell them to do it.  Bluntly, since the Summer of Floyd, departments have been scared shitless to break up any protesting group darker than the cops' shadow.  Which may or not be applicable here.

All I'm asking is that they do their job.  You want to play fuck-fuck games with, "They didn't ask us!"  Fine.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Good.  They should be studying for Finals/panicking over the thesis they still haven't written, this time of year anyway.

Protest is an important part of American political discourse.  So is civil disobedience.  But your ass needs to be arrested when you do it. That's what makes it noble and self-sacrificing.  Thoreau actually went to jail.  So did Gandhi.  Are these fucks?  Glad the IUPD took care of it.

Minneapolis and Kenosha sure didn't.
View Quote

That thesis was written by AI on the first day…….
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Videos in the Tweets

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yup.  The windows don't 'appear' to be open.  But the hitters---20 on/20 off guys---are likely on different buildings entirely.  Maintenance louvers are an easy one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Only hurts the Dems.
View Quote

Ha.

That’s what we said in 2020. They just cheated anyways.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Only hurts the Dems.

Don't care. They are only turning people against them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mercworx:

Ha.

View All Quotes

Only hurts the Dems.

Ha.

Discouraging ain't it :-(
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mercworx] [#29]

Amy Shuster, an OSU philosophy professor and a member of Jewish Voice for Peace Central Ohio, said she and other members of the organization wanted to spread a message that "Jewish safety is absolutely bound up with the safety of the Palestinian people."

"These things are not mutually exclusive, and they're not in competition with each other," Shuster said. "There's nothing Jewish about genocide. There's nothing Jewish about ethnic cleansing.

Jewish OSU student calls demonstration 'disgusting'

View Quote

God damn Amy is stupid.

Edit: looks exactly how you’d expect too.

https://philosophy.osu.edu/people/shuster.67
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
They got 4 with an M14 last time.
View Quote

History fail.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By vxtip545:
If it was protests being done by Conservatives those snipers could get away with shooting people who are just walking around and the media would lawd them for defending Democracy against fascists.  
View Quote

Must not have been to many right wing protests.  The rank and file police are still mostly with the right.

Its generally also not a good idea to start shooting a crowd that has a pile of armed people in it that exceeds the total size of the police force multiple times over.

A good portion of those protesting arent no nothing fudds either, but people that have done a thing.

Right wing protests are the times you see society at its most polite.  Even shithole urban centers see crime and litter vanish during these events.  These things are amazing and refreshing to your spirit to see.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Image_jpg-3198040.JPG

I'd vote not guilty if the crowd killed him for pointing a rifle at them.

That shit is not cool, especially when things are tense already.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By xd675:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Image_jpg-3198040.JPG

Besides that death threat there is no 1A protection for setting up a CHAZ style encampment on someone else's property.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

When you openly support a terrorist organization, it gets a little fuzzy.
View Quote
Its not like they were protesting in favor of the atf
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By KB7DX:

Apparently they are too young to remember Kent State.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ske714:
Ohio don't take kindly to any damn protesters.

That little incident shut this kind of thing down for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
keep talking like that you are going to make me hard.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Where were these snipers in 2020 when non-jews were getting killed by rioters?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#39]
But are they really "snipers"? From the pics, they stick out like a sore thumb and a 10 year old can hit one of them with a 243 from 400 yards.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
when both sides are terrorists, what then?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DCPhoenix:
Isn’t protesting a protected right?
View Quote

That depends
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

A fractured Dem Party struggled with violent protests, Bobby Kennedy, the Chicago convention, etc., and thus Nixon  trounced Humphrey.  I don't think the Islamist/Hamas crowd has an accurate feel for the impact their single-minded anti-Israel/antisemitic demonstrations and political intrusion has.  They aren't doing Biden any favors by stirring things up in the run-up to the election.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#43]
You can bet the Armenians were watching and remembering on Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#44]

The dental plan's side.

Make up your minds:  are you going to enforce law and order?  Or be bystanders?  Pick one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
I didnt click but who's side are the snipers on?

The cops' side.

The dental plan's side.

Cops cover for cops. Period

Everyone else is just noise.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#45]

God damn Amy is stupid.

Edit: looks exactly how you’d expect too.

https://philosophy.osu.edu/people/shuster.67
View Quote

The funniest thing is the first record of total war and genocide, every man woman and child of a group, was by Jews in the Bible
Honestly ,accurate or not,for all the other tinyhat bugaboos, it’s kind of a badass legacy on that front. Lean into it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DCPhoenix:
Isn’t protesting a protected right?

Not to mention when you are of a questionable immigration and/or student visa status.
Awful lot of funny fucking accents in every clip I see and some old ass “19 year olds”.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By twistedLV:
Well, if you're chanting 'Death to America', don't be surprised when America deals death to you..
You had it coming.
View Quote

I'm strangely ok with this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#48]
OSU PD doesn't fuck around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Interesting how these things are happening as Israel is about to go into what could likely be the last major battle in Gaza.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Michaelson:
With the traditional equipment for pali terrorists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5MEeAzOn0Y
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top