Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatidua] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Listen to your PT.

Do your reps.

More doesn't equal getting better quicker.
View Quote

that pretty much covers it.

Each case is a bit different, I've had several that weren't remotely a big deal (no pain meds post nerve-block at all) and others that were uncomfortable.  

Eat some fiber....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife just had it done a little less than 2 weeks ago. She's handling it great. But she's not started her physical therapy yet. If she can handle you can. She does not take pain very well at all. They did the micro surgery. 4 very small incisions. I changed he bandages 4 days ago with bandaids
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ceddie] [#3]
it'll suck. don't play like you are tough and pretend it doesn't.
nerve blockers are a good thing and so is ice... lots of ice...
pay attention to your PT and do it. all of it.

you goal for recovery should be 1st flexibility then strength.

yes it will take 12-18 months.

I had my left done in 2017 and right in 2019
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had it done twice and recovery depends in part on your current physical shape, age and how much damage had to be repaired.  Both of mine were bad and an absolutely horrible experience.  It was probably the worst physical pain I've ever had to endure.  I will also add that when the doc says the nerve block lasts 24 hours, don't believe him as it's about half that so stay ahead on the meds.  

It took me almost 24 months on the first one to feel completely normal and about 14-16 months on the second but the doc messed up on that one and now I have some kind of nerve damage going on.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Also, everyone says "sleep in a recliner", I found the recliner to be uncomfortable... I bought one of these and was sleeping comfortably in my bed about a week after surgery.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
Also, everyone says "sleep in a recliner", I found the recliner to be uncomfortable... I bought one of these and was sleeping comfortably in my bed about a week after surgery.
View Quote

My wife is rotating between the bed and recliner.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
How you doing OP?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
View Quote

I may be needing RC surgery soon. Was it difficult to get your hurt arm into that arm channel?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Surgery went good. The block wore off mid-day on Saturday, and was hell. A little better now.

Just about to start my first PT appointment.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top