Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

Hey there’s that out of context clip again

Geniuses use it as their “gotcha.”

It’s quite pathetic, really.  He wasn’t saying what you think he said.  And you don’t care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R_S:

The fact that every American hasn't seen this video speaks volumes to the censorship that is ongoing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRnhBmHYN0

Hey there’s that out of context clip again

Geniuses use it as their “gotcha.”

It’s quite pathetic, really.  He wasn’t saying what you think he said.  And you don’t care.

He said exactly what he said... which is the truth... which admittedly for a politician is an extreme mistake.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

Upset?  I'm having a grand time.
View All Quotes

Upset?  I'm having a grand time.

Complaining about people ignoring how important your posts are sounds like a good time. Well, maybe that would be jeb bush's idea of a good time. Please clap.

Interesting that you avoided the import of what I was saying.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

We made fun of the left for being mindless automatons and falling in line with their approved version of Groupthink. Now we have become no better.
View Quote

Care to define “we”?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Not every Ukebro has TDS, but every poster on this site that has TDS is also a Ukebro.  Especially the ones in this thread with giant post counts that are 99% shitting in Trump threads like it's their job.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, I should have clarified that. When I think of "we", I generally don't mean all conservatives or people on the right. Usually, it's more about the most vocal group that becomes most closely identified with right/conservatives. What percentage of the overall population that is I do not know. "We" used to care about facts and verifying the truth; you could point out that the source was completely misleading and wouldn't be pilloried for doing so. Now, there is a substantial presence of people who only care that the information confirms their bias, are almost happy to wallow in ignorance, and gleefully attack anyone who questions the supposed facts. Everything is a conspiracy theory, any facts you don't like are fake news, no one can be trusted except for YouTube videos on the internet that tell them what they want to hear. Worse yet, they believe that they are the enlightened ones.

It just seems surreal when we can't agree on objective truths anymore.
View Quote

Yep. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tallahasseezz:
Not every Ukebro has TDS, but every poster on this site that has TDS is also a Ukebro.  Especially the ones in this thread with giant post counts that are 99% shitting in Trump threads like it's their job.
View Quote

Every poster? Your broad brush is noted.

Plenty of people who hate Trump don’t support continuing to send money to Ukraine. Especially at the expense of our southern border.

I’m one of them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#9]

He said exactly what he said... which is the truth... which admittedly for a politician is an extreme mistake.
View Quote

You’re lying.  Or, extremely ignorant.

Neither is a good look.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Neither is a good look.
View Quote

Biden either misspoke while reading his kindergarten-capital lettered sized teleprompter or that was a Freudian Slip.

Neither is a good look.

Our country is fooked, and trolls are still rampant in 2024.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#11]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Scalped:

Biden either misspoke while reading his kindergarten-capital lettered sized teleprompter or that was a Freudian Slip.

Neither is a good look.

View Quote

The entire interview leading up to that point was about election integrity and the voter protection plan his campaign had developed.

He is an old dementia riddled man who flubbed his words, and the simpletons take a 14 second clip of a 30 minute interview as the take-away.

This is what Zhukov is talking about.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#13]

Neither is a good look.

View Quote

Biden also has trouble keeping things separate in his head. Like state department spox Matthew Miller who kept saying "The war is a strategic failure for ukraine" multiple times as journalists were correcting/scolding him to stick to the script. At Xi Jinping's visit to the US, team Biden notably avoided the rhetoric about dictators and genocides in reference to China. Then a reporter point blank asked Biden whether Xi was a dictator, to which he mumbled yes, and Blinken started shaking in his chair. He had been coached to say one thing, then coached not to say it anymore, then an opportunistic reporter got him. IIRC the press conference was not even over before China freaked out about the comment, and blinken spent the rest of the visit doing damage control and kowtowing
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

Biden also has trouble keeping things separate in his head. Like state department spox Matthew Miller who kept saying "The war is a strategic failure for ukraine" multiple times as journalists were correcting/scolding him to stick to the script. At Xi Jinping's visit to the US, team Biden notably avoided the rhetoric about dictators and genocides in reference to China. Then a reporter point blank asked Biden whether Xi was a dictator, to which he mumbled yes, and Blinken started shaking in his chair. He had been coached to say one thing, then coached not to say it anymore, then an opportunistic reporter got him. IIRC the press conference was not even over before China freaked out about the comment, and blinken spent the rest of the visit doing damage control and kowtowing
View All Quotes

Neither is a good look.

It took his handlers a year to teach him how to respond to scripted questions. We're not talking a trial and error process in that duration like what we saw with his DEI crony KJP. IIRC the "poor elderly man with poor memory" (quoting the Biden DOJ special counsel report verbatim) didn't do a live presser for almost 12 consecutive months after he was installed, I mean, elected. Worthless.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Neither is a good look.
View All Quotes

Neither is a good look.

Most Republicans still believe 2020 election was stolen from Trump – poll

About 37% of those surveyed said they had lost faith in American democracy (48% of Republicans and 28% of Democrats), while 10% said they had never had faith in the system. Forty-nine percent said they did have faith.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/05/america-biden-election-2020-poll-victory

Despite all the evidence, you must be one of the 49% "true believers"
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I have my Bingo card filled out ready for the next few pages.

"Like moths to a flame"

"Lots of flak, must be over the target"

"See all the underscores made it."

"Share Blue must have sent out a signal."

"Usual suspects."

"Did DU link this thread?"
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Now, there is a substantial presence of people who only care that the information confirms their bias, are almost happy to wallow in ignorance, and gleefully attack anyone who questions the supposed facts. Everything is a conspiracy theory, any facts you don't like are fake news, no one can be trusted except for YouTube videos on the internet that tell them what they want to hear. Worse yet, they believe that they are the enlightened ones.

It just seems surreal when we can't agree on objective truths anymore.
View Quote

The left called that being woke.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#18]

We made fun of the left for being mindless automatons and falling in line with their approved version of Groupthink. Now we have become no better.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

@Zhukov

https://i.imgur.com/zO0SKvG.jpeg

Doesn't matter if it's legit journalism, it's been endorsed by Trump and that's all that matters.

Like a pretty girl in your group pointing at the sky and saying it's green.

And all of the guys that want the girl to like them also look up and say "Yeah, you're totally right, it is green! You're so smart!"

When you look up it's obviously blue without a hint of green.

Do you say it's blue, be the odd man out, and have everyone pounce on you for being a "contrarian?"

Or do you have the balls to call bullshit when you see it?

That's the problem. We used to be better.

Like ridiculing Buzzfeed for their clickbait type articles:

"Boomers are ASTONISHED at this new trend!"

"This comment by Kim Kardashian BROKE the internet. Everyone is SHOCKED at this EXPLOSIVE news!"

The only people spreading this type of disinfo on our side was that uncle with an aol.com account forwarding Re Re Re type emails.

Everyone just ignored him about FEMA coffins and chem trails.

It seemed to be contained though.

Now there is an entire industry catering towards that uncle.

That uncle now thinks "Wow, I now find more like-minded people that don't ignore my chain emails but instead embrace it, I must be onto something."
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:52:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#19]

Complaining about people ignoring how important your posts are sounds like a good time. Well, maybe that would be jeb bush's idea of a good time. Please clap.

View Quote

Important?!?   You don't understand the meaning of import? It really doesn't get any better than this.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#20]

View Quote

Both fringe sides have become the same in a surprising number of ways tbh.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]

We make fun of Biden for crapping his pants, but you think his mind is such a steel trap that he didn't just misspeak - especially as you can see him stumbling at that moment trying to find the right word? I sure hope no one looks through Trump's speeches and finds a similar gaffe that we can then conclude was 100% what Trump meant to say.

Oh wait...  https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/02/politics/trump-verbal-slip-ups/index.html
View Quote

I harken for the days when the centrists of both parties worked together and cobbled legislation which was generally signed by the POTUS. Neither party can control their radicals anymore, but the left does a better job of voting together and supporting their speakers. Probably considered blasphemy these days
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#23]

Important?!?   You don't understand the meaning of import? It really doesn't get any better than this.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15577/_3173ac21-de29-4c08-856e-8798f933e8a8-3199457.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Now have the AI do this one:

Lawyer wearing "I love the CIA" pajamas, using archaic word definitions while having a deposition with himself, as people mess with him on the computer.

You're right though, I didn't know that last one lol. You win
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:17:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#24]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/586072/import_jpg-3199475.JPG
Now have the AI do this one:

Lawyer wearing "I love the CIA" pajamas, using archaic word definitions while having a deposition with himself, as people mess with him on the computer.
View Quote

AI? hahaha. Let me help

You are looking up a verb as in: One "imports" goods from abroad.

It was used as a noun as. in: meaning or significance of something, especially when not directly stated

Most grade schoolers understand the distinction... at least American grade schoolers

Your english is faltering... You must be tired... Its 11:15 pm in Moscow.  Shift ending soon?

btw We don't really wear pajamas here, we have heat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#25]

AI? hahaha. Let me help

You are looking up a verb as in: One "imports" goods from abroad.

It was used as a noun as. in: meaning or significance of something, especially when not directly stated

Most grade schoolers understand the distinction... at least American grade schoolers

You must be tired... Its 11:15 pm in Moscow.  Shift ending soon?
View Quote

I edited the post and said you're right. That important / import thing was a swing and miss, you win.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#26]

I edited the post and said you're right. That important / import thing was a swing and miss, you win.
View Quote

I guess u owe me a pair...

but as I said We don't really wear pajamas here, we have heat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#27]

I guess u owe me a pair...

https://image.artistshot.com/pd.7354790.129.39322.s3.1-front-asphalt_t_shirt_with_red_pajama-ffffff-none-x7y0-88-800x800.jpg

but as I said We don't really wear pajamas here, we have heat.
View Quote

hah, talking about CIA merch, there is a neat glowing green Don't Tread on Me patch that some of their contractors ("glowies") supposedly were wearing in one pic
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#28]
For anyone who somehow didn't see this in the last 10 years: Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy (2014)

average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.
View Quote

When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organised interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it.
View Quote

American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it's pumped by the oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation's "news" media)
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Sounds like it is their job
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#30]

I harken for the days when the centrists of both parties worked together and cobbled legislation which was generally signed by the POTUS. Neither party can control their radicals anymore, but the left does a better job of voting together and supporting their speakers. Probably considered blasphemy these days
View Quote

The hallmark of 250 years of American exceptionalism has always been compromise.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#33]
@Zhukov

Not saying the info is wrong...but what do you make of the OP for this thread having been here since September 2023 but having over 5k posts and starting a thread on this topic?

Edited to add the month in 2023
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:

Not everyones a boomer, and I'm pretty sure my posts don't exactly show a pro ukraine or anti trump sentiment.  
View Quote

What the fuck does being a boomer have to do with it might I ask?  Do you lump groups together like the leftwing traitors ruining the country do?  Stupid to assume everyone of a certain generation all act the same, think the same, and deserve some sort of idiotic condemnation for being born in a certain era.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

The federal government is so fucking gay
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Originally Posted By Kihn:

Don't forget the gun control.

And basically a big 'fuck you' to the conservatives of the party.
"Who else you gonna vote for?"

Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Read my lips.

The federal government is so fucking gay

Well...now...yeah...DEI requirement.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#37]

I did read it, I like it, I posted it, and I don't find it offensive at all.
View Quote

My bad. Interpreted it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Bipartisan, though... No?   and I didn't say the video was old.  You are entitled to you opinion as to who is spreading misinformation...  Not sure the Alinsky reference... is he one of your heros?
View Quote

Are you seeing any Uke flags on the right side of the isle? nope. RINOs/ statists want to blend in. Pretend they are traditional Republicans and not GHWB/ Bill Kristol Republicans.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

Yeah I wouldn't expect an American to think that Montana and Canada have regions called Oblasts. But that dude gets to stay here accusing other people of being foreign agents. Hmmmm

https://i.ibb.co/xfGCTWL/IMG-9812.png
View Quote
He was also excusing Ritters pedo past as "well it was just an undercover sting" and "well historically 15 year olds got married and had children"
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#40]
Originally Posted By HDSledge:

What the fuck does being a boomer have to do with it might I ask?  Do you lump groups together like the leftwing traitors ruining the country do?  Stupid to assume everyone of a certain generation all act the same, think the same, and deserve some sort of idiotic condemnation for being born in a certain era.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HDSledge:
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:

Not everyones a boomer, and I'm pretty sure my posts don't exactly show a pro ukraine or anti trump sentiment.  

Had more to do with not everyone having a 2001 account and some of us are a bit younger in age with new accounts, but, yea, go on.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

View Quote
Yup

A lot of authoritarian tendencies in the fringes of both sides too
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Against my better judgement, I clicked on the article and read it. Doubling down on my stupidity, I actually decided to post in this thread.

So let me get this straight: There's an EXPLOSIVE, but UNCOFIRMED report by someone on Twitter with the name "I Meme Therefore I Am", and pretty much 90% of the people who have posted in this thread take that as gospel.

Wow.

View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
"Explosive allegations" were all I needed to know how this thread was going to go.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#43]

Retread that is likely to get himself banned soon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

The pro-Putin trolls are far nuttier than anything I've ever seen. And 9/11 Truthers were a low point..these guys take the cake.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Retread that is likely to get himself banned soon.
View Quote

I don’t think a retread.

If you look at his previous posts he defends communist parties and uses English in a manner that is not indicative of a native speaker.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The guy is 100% something I just can’t place it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
You're putin me on...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ceetee:
I actually find Ukrainian anti-Trump CIA bot farms a lot easier to believe in than Biden's 81 million votes.  

But that's just me.
View Quote

Is it though? There’s a ton of Biden voters on this site, now imagine how many there are out there in the wild.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Techsan02:

Is it though? There’s a ton of Biden voters on this site, now imagine how many there are out there in the wild.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Techsan02:
Originally Posted By ceetee:
I actually find Ukrainian anti-Trump CIA bot farms a lot easier to believe in than Biden's 81 million votes.  

But that's just me.

Yeah, but how many arent paid to be here or a bot?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

We make fun of Biden for crapping his pants, but you think his mind is such a steel trap that he didn't just misspeak - especially as you can see him stumbling at that moment trying to find the right word? I sure hope no one looks through Trump's speeches and finds a similar gaffe that we can then conclude was 100% what Trump meant to say.

Oh wait...  https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/02/politics/trump-verbal-slip-ups/index.html

You harken?

I agree though.

The only thing they agree on now is increasing debt and decreasing accountability.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. The IC is certainly pure as the driven snow.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top