Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:23:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#1]
In the event of an emergency, people with obesity-induced mobility problems hinder timely evacuation of children and healthy souls. Mobile obese people are especially hazardous. Their brains are not wired for restraint and self-control, they are wired to move towards food and away from danger. In a panic to get to the exit, they will crush and trample with the weight of a wildebeest. Obese people should not be allowed on the plane for their own safety and the safety of others.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time I flew (5 years ago) I just occupied all of my seat.

Just get in their space (which is really your space)

Try to make them hunchbup.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Making air travel affordable has ruined the industry
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:26:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
In the event of an emergency, people with obesity-induced mobility problems hinder timely evacuation of children and healthy souls. Mobile obese people are especially hazardous. Their brains are not wired for restraint and self-control, they are wired to move towards food and away from danger. In a panic to get to the exit, they will crush and trample with the weight of a wildebeest. Obese people should not be allowed on the plane for their own safety and the safety of others.
View Quote

So, like, what you are saying is that if there’s a fire on the aircraft and the AC orders an emergency ground evac, these fatties will head towards the galley for some snax instead of the exits?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]

That is called "Debbie spreading" where the big Debbie Swiss roll pushes their legs into the legs of their neighbor.  Heard it's a big problem on transit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightShootinGal] [#6]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:
View Quote

This...^^

And, the moral decay of society.

You see people going on planes dressed in pajamas.

Then you have the fighting, etc.

I call air travel the "greyhound of the skies" now a days where I prefer the inconvenience of driving - over flying.

Next time I have to visit the family overseas, I might just swim or grow wings and fly.

If the airline industry would have a zero tolerance for this bull (i.e. enforcing conduct and dress standards) - we wouldn't be here. IMO, you get into shit on a plane, you get banned from that airline on first offense; 2nd offense banned from the airports you flew into/from; 3rd no fly for X amount of years.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:

This...^^

I call air travel the "greyhound of the skies" now a days where I prefer the inconvenience of driving - over flying.

Next time I have to visit the family overseas, I might just swim or grow wings and fly.

If the airline industry would have a zero tolerance for this bull (i.e. enforcing conduct and dress standards) - we wouldn't be here. IMO, you get into shit on a plane, you get banned from that airline on first offense; 2nd offense banned from the airports you flew into/from; 3rd no fly for X amount of years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This...^^

Who are you flying with?

I fly several times a month for over a decade, usually on Southwest (which many would describe as semi-budget).  I've never even seen an argument or someone getting loud with a flight attendant. So I'm zero fights for something approaching a thousand flights.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Fatty McFatterson pays the same ticket I do, weighs 100lbs more, but I have to pay a penalty for a 51lb checked bag
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:55:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#9]
Originally Posted By StanGram:

Who are you flying with?

I fly several times a month for over a decade, usually on Southwest (which many would describe as semi-budget).  I've never even seen an argument or someone getting loud with a flight attendant. So I'm zero fights for something approaching a thousand flights.

View All Quotes

This...^^

Who are you flying with?

Fixed? Maybe?

Brawl on Southwest flight caught on camera

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Fixed? Maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzoPiF5qeg
View Quote

I could show you clips of fights in Church too. The law of averages always applies.

I've never flown Spirit or Frontier, but can confirm outside of those fighting is exceedingly rare.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Sydney Watson has a pretty good YT channel as well.

She's pretty conservative and puts out some good content.

Sydney Watson
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#12]

I could show you clips of fights in Church too. The law of averages always applies.

I've never flown Spirit or Frontier, but can confirm outside of those fighting is exceedingly rare.
View Quote

lol

My wife has flown on spirit once and my son as flown frontier a couple times. Neither have seen a fight so... it doesn't make it untrue. Took me <1min
to get a SW example that and it's current of happening.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#13]
This is one of the reasons why I only fly first class

Even if the person next to you is a fat tub of shit, which never happens, you wouldn’t even notice

Fatties belong in the cargo hold

On pallets
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]

lol

My wife has flown on spirit once and my son as flown frontier a couple times. Neither have seen a fight so... it doesn't make it untrue. Took me <1min
View All Quotes

lol

What is it you're trying to say?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

lol

Just as I said the industry is ruined.

It doesn't much matter if it's a "budget" airline. Even the legacy airlines have made flying "affordable". They've invited this class of people to use their services and deserve what they get.

The part 135 world is what part 121 was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]

It doesn't much matter if it's a "budget" airline. Even the legacy airlines have made flying "affordable". They've invited this class of people to use their services and deserve what they get.

View All Quotes

lol

Ok... And I'm saying you are wrong. Those worlds do not find their way into the legacy airlines often. I speak from experience, and you'll get generally the same response from most other business travelers.

The people you hear saying they'll never fly again because of rowdy passengers, are the people who never really flew much anyway. Same with the people who lose their minds over TSA.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]
It's incredible to me how "fat shaming" is considered bad in modern society.

We SHOULD shame fat people. They should be ashamed for being fat. Fatties are disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Then there's the one that's normal weight and still hogs the armrest....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm so glad I don't have to fly as much anymore.

The fats like to put the armrest up so they can poach some extra seat space. The first thing I do is loudly announce, "Yeah, this armrest is coming down" Then, I just start moving it down. It's humorous to watch their giggly squirming as they quickly try and position themselves back into their seat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Stop being fat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#21]
American Airlines responded quickly but firmly, reminding that “our passengers come in all shapes and sizes.
View Quote

So do your seats.  Make them book in First class or buy two economy seats.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I travel from roughly Toronto to  Vancouver 'couple o' three times a year and Toronto to roughly Regina at least once a year...
I'll either drive or ride... I've only ever flown when "time" was a consideration.
Every time I fly though I buy the cheapest fare I can find and then regret it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Girlieman:

I travel from roughly Toronto to  Vancouver 'couple o' three times a year and Toronto to roughly Regina at least once a year...
I'll either drive or ride... I've only ever flown when "time" was a consideration.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Girlieman:

The big ‘uns wont get up for a 0530 departure time. Planes are usually cheap and empty.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:

The big ‘uns wont get up for a 0530 departure time. Planes are usually cheap and empty.
View Quote

Excellent tip... 'will test your idea 'next trip..!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PDP_Main:

Metallica Lyric:  Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

The O2 is supplied by individual generators above every passenger.   The pilots have their own.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PDP_Main:
Those fatties would use up all the on demand O2 in the tank leaving none for the pilots

Metallica Lyric:  Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

The O2 is supplied by individual generators above every passenger.   The pilots have their own.

Ok, fattie.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#26]
if someone is in my seat i will get out of it and ask the steward to ask them to get out of my seat.  if the steward refuses or the person is unable or unwilling to comply i will not return to the seat.  i don't give a fuck if they have to land the plane.  i paid for a seat and it is not reasonable for anyone else to be in that space while i am in it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#27]
My last time into DFW I spent the entire flight flighting a fatty’s arm for my seat space.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sharky30] [#28]
So the same leftists that want govt healthcare say we shouldn't fat shame, bur fatties cost more health care wise.

Im 5'9" maybe 5 10 and weight 204-210 depending on the day and am embarrassed about my gut. I don't understand how people (other than muscular athletes that are 6'5" of taller) get to be 250+
I'd be mortified if I was that fat, let alone these 300+ pound cows.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah that’s freaking disgusting, if you’re spilling over you should have to buy the second seat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiskey1Alpha] [#30]
Las Vegas to Tampa a few years ago.

I'm in the window seat and this 400lb+ fatass comes down the isle sideways. I can feel the fucking fuselage of the plane moving every time his fat ass took a step.

Stops at my isle and I'm like oh fantastic. Middle fucking seat. Of coarse he is.

Plops his ass down and immediately tries to get up because his fucking fat got lodged under the armrest literally pushing against me like it was under pressure. He needed to try and adjust it so it sat ONTOP of the arm rest. I immediately stopped him asking WTF he was doing. Says he needed to get comfortable.

Told him that he needs to figure this the fuck out because his fucking fat sitting on top of the armrest wasn't a fucking option and he could either sit there and deal with it, or he needed a new seat.

Flight attendant heard this and offered him some other row. it was right around then that I noticed his fucking smell, as well as it took him 5 or 6 tries to stand up while trying to force his fucking fat that was stuck from under the armrests out.

0 problem shaming these fucks. Enjoy your diabetes, cancer and heart failure.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I loved your thread title.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#32]
How do the airlines are keep their weight calculations accurate?  What if a certain flight was totally filled with obese passengers with average weight of say 300 pounds?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ceetee:
One of the most pleasant,  most comfortable flights I've ever been on was the one where I had a middle seat, squished between a pair of Japanese girls that couldn't have weighed more than 95 pounds each.  The one on my left even fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.  

Fuck them fatties.  All women should strive to be like those two Japanese girls.  Thin, elfin, waiflike.  And sweet-smelling.
View Quote
@CastleBravo91

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tripleoption:
A few years ago I was on a plane in the middle seat.  The guy next to me on the right wasn't a very big dude, looked like he weighed 140 or so.  The guy next to me on the left must've weighed 400 lbs.  The one thing I noticed was the huge temperature differences between both sides.  I could fee the heat coming of the big dude, and none coming off the little dude.  There was a several degree difference from my right and left sides.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
There's gotta be a country song here somewhere.

Truck broke down, gotta jet outta town
Whales on my flight, to my left and right
People getting fatter, seats getting smaller,
This the kinda thing that makes a skinny cowgirl holler
Porkers everywhere and the airlines don't care
That $150 won't get the stink outta her hair
These folks grown too big and the seats are too small
flyin's no fun at all.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
@CastleBravo91

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
Originally Posted By ceetee:
One of the most pleasant,  most comfortable flights I've ever been on was the one where I had a middle seat, squished between a pair of Japanese girls that couldn't have weighed more than 95 pounds each.  The one on my left even fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.  

Fuck them fatties.  All women should strive to be like those two Japanese girls.  Thin, elfin, waiflike.  And sweet-smelling.
@CastleBravo91

May we all be so lucky.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
There's gotta be a country song here somewhere.

Truck broke down, gotta jet outta town
Whales on my flight, to my left and right
People getting fatter, seats getting smaller,
This the kinda thing that makes a skinny cowgirl holler
Porkers everywhere and the airlines don't care
That $150 won't get the stink outta her hair
These folks grown too big and the seats are too small
flyin's no fun at all.
View Quote

Fatties to,the left of me, whales to the right,
Stuck in the middle with you…
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sharky30:

Im 5'9" maybe 5 10 and weight 204-210 depending on the day and am embarrassed about my gut. I don't understand how people (other than muscular athletes that are 6'5" of taller) get to be 250+
I'd be mortified if I was that fat, let alone these 300+ pound cows.
View Quote

Laziness, apathy, and a lack of self control and self respect.

What SHOULD a person do, when they notice their pants/clothes are getting tight? I know what I’ve done; simply go, “Whoa there, fatty. Time to start getting stricter with my diet, and workout harder, until my waistband isn’t tight anymore”.

Excluding bodybuilders, to get to 250-300+lbs, a person had to go, “My waistband is getting too tight. I’m obviously getting fatter. I know! I’ll buy looser clothing!”, and then do that again, and again, and again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#41]
Originally Posted By Max429:
Summon flight attendant, demand another seat or refund for seat you don't have full access to.
View Quote

This.

Not to mention, fat people are a liability if there is an emergency on a plane.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top