Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers to those in its path

Watching it on TV.  Very severe storm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: liljakec] [#2]
https://www.ketv.com/

Tune in to the live broadcast. They have a spotter tracking a huge tornado in SW IA.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thought that town sounded familiar. Lived in Louisville and Manley for several years.

Rode out a tornado in a Omaha Red Lobster once.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AV1611:
Am in Bellevue, NE (extreme southeast Omaha area).  Just some heavy rain and pea-sized hail.  Wind pretty tame here.  Northwest Omaha area got hit hard.  The airport, which is far east Omaha on the NE side of the Missouri River, actually got a tornado dropped on it.  Terminal didn't get hit, but at least one of the outer buildings on the property did.
View Quote

I spent the summers of 79 and 80 with my dad in Bellevue after my parents divorced

Remember the storms and tornado warnings.  Used to scare the shit out of me. Fortunately no tornadoes ever hit in the apartment complex we lived in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Praying for all you guys out there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:

@Vonbongo

Thanks for the pictures. Know some bone heads out there who don't take these things seriously.

The first one with the stadium, is that looking north over Avery Hall?
View Quote

@kooloperator

North and east across the interstate.  It’s a little further away than it looks.  Went from Lincoln all the way to Ia/NE border by Blair/Mo valley
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone @littlepony he's up in IA?
I'm praying for all members in the path of this storm cell.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that the ponies are in eastern Iowa.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:

@kooloperator

North and east across the interstate.  It’s a little further away than it looks.  Went from Lincoln all the way to Ia/NE border by Blair/Mo valley
View Quote

It's still going in Iowa.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Safe in western KS, nothing happened this far west.  I’ve got family in Elkhorn and Omaha though.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By redleg13a:
My son is monitoring and said it may have just hit a nuclear power plant.  If not, it's extremely close.
View Quote

Cooper or Fort Calhoun?  Fort Calhoun had been shut down for years, but there may still be spent fuel on site.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]
All your times are an hour off.

But that's wild stuff.  Stay safe NE.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 21usernamechecksout:
Anyone @littlepony he's up in IA?
I'm praying for all members in the path of this storm cell.
View Quote

its meh here in the Quad
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: liljakec] [#16]
The big one they are tracking has been on the ground for atleast 30 minutes. A couple of smaller towns got hit from the sounds of it. Harlan just narrowly missed it and that's a town of 5000. Carroll is in its path if it makes it there. That's a town of 10k
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:34:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2ANut] [#17]
Northwest Omaha checking in. Nothing interesting happened here. All the neighbors were outside watching the sky and wondering what all the reports were about.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Its_Raining_Lead:
The monster has a fuggin eyewall on radar.

Oof
View Quote

Debris shadow?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#19]
My son lives West of Omaha, near Elkhorn neighborhood, maybe a little N.E. of it.  Called him but no answer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lockinload:
My son lives West of Omaha, near Elkhorn neighborhood, maybe a little N.E. of it.  Called him but no answer.
View Quote

Oh man. Elkhorn got hit hard. I hope you get in touch with him soon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Elkhorn area took a direct hit. Hope all is ok with your Son
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#22]
We’re lucky the big one decided to quickly and randomly break north. If it continued its trajectory east it would have been one of the biggest tornado disasters in U.S. history.

Feeling lucky. It was a few miles north of me and another one ran a few miles south east.

The neighborhood my best friend lived in for years is now completely gone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Jesus... be safe guys
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#24]
View Quote
It's pretty squeaky there right now.  The damned radar is so jumpy it is really pissing me off.  

( ETA: Ugh! No wonder.....I thought I edited this in time...but noooooooooooooo)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

PM inbound.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
It's pretty squeaky there right now  The damned radar is so jumpy it is really pissing me off.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been watching this Freddy McKinney feed for over an hour now. This is wild.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:46:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#28]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
It's pretty squeaky there right now but as far as I have seen, Elk Horn hasn't been hit too hard with anything.  The damned radar is so jumpy it is really pissing me off.  
View Quote

Elkhorn got it the worst. They have the area locked down pretty hard right now but it’s looking like most were properly sheltered.

Attachment Attached File

This is Ramblewood off of 204th and Maple which is probably the biggest neighborhood in Elkhorn.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm glad tornados are very rare in my area. Super scary.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

PM inbound.
View Quote

Let's go arfcom! Hopefully some communication happens here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Looked at the SPC Day 1 forecast a moment ago along with the various watches.

Highest risk area was "Enhanced". Not Moderate or High. And none of the watches themselves are PDS categorized.

Given the fact that at least one of the ongoing tornadoes is a violent long-tracked type, one wonders why the models didn't pick up on the possibility of such.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

From my son, not a great pic but you can see the swath that monster cut.  I have a video too, hopefully I can get it uploaded.
About a mile from his house.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Prayers out to y'all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Lockinload is good! If anyone has family in west Omaha please don’t hesitate to reach out. They have the area pretty locked down it appears but if I can get a visual check on a family members property I will. Can also identify by location as to what’s been hit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Elkhorn got it the worst. They have the area locked down pretty hard right now but it's looking like most were properly sheltered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3400_jpeg-3198794.JPG

This is Ramblewood off of 204th and Maple which is probably the biggest neighborhood in Elkhorn.
View Quote
Yeah, it was earlier than my radar feed goes back to.  You caught me as I was editing that out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#36]
We live north of Creston by Stuart. Hope the storm goes east of us and misses us. Not to bad yet
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#37]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293214/omaha_tornado_jpg-3198795.JPG

From my son, not a great pic but you can see the swath that monster cut.  I have a video too, hopefully I can get it uploaded.
View Quote

Since you said your son sent that to you, I assume that means he ok? If so, glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Lockinload is good! If anyone has family in west Omaha please don’t hesitate to reach out. They have the area pretty locked down it appears but if I can get a visual check on a family members property I will. Can also identify by location as to what’s been hit.
View Quote

OdieGreen reached out to me via PM, thank you sir.  I love Arfcom and the good people here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vonbongo] [#39]
We’re lucky the big one decided to quickly and randomly break north. If it continued its trajectory east it would have been one of the biggest tornado disasters in U.S. history.

Feeling lucky. It was a few miles north of me and another one ran a few miles south east.

The neighborhood my best friend lived in for years is now completely gone.
View Quote

The second one that touched down literally on the east side of Epley Airfield on the GA side and then skirted the N edge of Council Bluffs.

As bad as it is going to be, it could have been 100x worse for the metro.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Watched all this go down on Fox weather… insane. Thinking of everyone out that way.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293214/omaha_tornado_jpg-3198795.JPG

View Quote
Damn glad your boy is Okay!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#42]
Manilla, Iowa, getting hit for a second time in half an hour!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:01:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#43]
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:

The second one that touched down literally on the east side of Epley Airfield on the GA side and then skirted the N edge of Council Bluffs.

As bad as it is going to be, it could have been 100x worse.
View Quote

Yeah we got grazed by a 50 cal. Twice. If that big one kept heading east it would have ripped through tens of thousands of people in densely populated neighborhoods in just a few miles at that size.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BoogieCookie:
I'm glad tornados are very rare in my area. Super scary.
View Quote

Yeah, we get tornados but not like the monsters the middle of the country gets.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#45]
??LIVE - Severe Weather Coverage With Storm Chasers On The Ground - Live Weather Channel...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lockinload] [#46]
Attachment Attached File

I think this is near Waverly.  Sent to me from my DIL  Maybe Bennington lake. I was bombarded with videos
and pics.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: liljakec] [#47]
Minden took a direct hit. Just saw a drone video of it. Houses leveled. Creston is about to take a direct hit and that's another town of around 7500
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#48]
8 active tonado warnings in Iowa.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Neighbor up the road a 1/4 mile took this, we couldn’t see it because we sit just over a hill. That’s Highway 6 Watertower right by Westfair.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#50]
https://www.ketv.com/ omaha news

https://www.kcci.com/ des moines news

https://www.ktiv.com/ Sioux city for NW IA

All of these have coverage of the storms. They are all tracking different tornados
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top