User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EBR-Okie:
Get a couple of snakes to eat the toads?
View Quote

Then get badgers to eat the snakes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
A few years ago at about 3:00 in the morning my wife found one in our toilet, just as she was squatting to pee. She probably woke up the neighbors when she screamed. I assumed it had went down the bathroom vent pipe, and installed screens over the pipe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:

That's my fantasy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:
Coworker got some chemicals splashed on his uniform and decided to go to our change room to get a shower.  After getting there, he decided to drop a deuce before hitting the shower.  The toilets in the change room didn’t get used very much and that chemical plant was infested with tree frogs.  About the time he sat down on the toilet, a tree frog was underneath the lid.  It hopped off the lid and latched on to his sack.  Having a cold, wet tree frog attach itself to that part of the body is a pretty good adrenaline rush apparently, because he jumped up and broke the stall door lock and one of the hinges.  When we went to change after our shift was over, sure enough, the door was hanging by one hinge.

That's my fantasy.

He didn’t recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]

He didn’t recommend it.
View Quote

The best fantasies don't require anybody's buy-in.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a frog, not a toad. I have found frogs in my sink in the garage here in Southern UT.

Tree frogs can climb very well and jump an impressive distance for there size. They dry up quickly without humidity or water so they seek out water. To many chemicals and pollution for them to breed in most city sewer lines. It got into the house and is now lost, move it outside under a bush or into landscape that gets watered.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Toads are  frogs

OP found the toads the other guy was looking for,
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s a tree frog. It’s coming from the vent on the roof. Had it happen often when I lived in GA. Wife was not amused when she sat down one day to have it jump up and touch her leg.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Had it happen twice in this house.  Never before.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a tree frog to me too. Does it have sticky fingers/toes?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Buffo buttholis.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Op you posted a picture of a tree frog, not a toad.

Tree frogs are way less common than toads and are super neat.

He can climb up walls like spiderman. He's basically magic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Install toilet snek. No mo toads.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#13]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:
Looks like a tree frog to me too. Does it have sticky fingers/toes?
View Quote

Yes, sticky.  When I pluck them off the toilet they cling like glue.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Michigan_Man:
Op you posted a picture of a tree frog, not a toad.

Tree frogs are way less common than toads and are super neat.

He can climb up walls like spiderman. He's basically magic.
View Quote

He would have to make a helluva climb to get into a sewer vent on the roof.  I have never seen them on the exterior wall, but if they operate at night I wouldn't.

I don't harm them.  I take them outside and release them, and let nature take its course.  Maybe they just climb right back up and into the vents, IDK.  It could be the same ones, over and over.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Grey tree frog

I hear them calling outside tonight
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_treefrog

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#16]
View Quote

That looks similar, but I'm in north-central AZ (approx. 5,000' elev.) and the habitat listed doesn't go that far west.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Build a frog hotel

Learn how to create a Frog Hotel!

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#18]

That looks similar, but I'm in north-central AZ (approx. 5,000' elev.) and the habitat listed doesn't go that far west.
View Quote

You’re in central-central AZ. The dead center is at Camp Verde.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#19]

canyon tree frog is the AZ version
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

You’re in central-central AZ. The dead center is at Camp Verde.
View Quote

Look at these pics, some of them are identical.  I think it's a canyon tree frog.  

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=canyon+tree+frog+inaturalist&va=g&t=hh&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
https://www.americansouthwest.net/slot_canyons/photographs700/canyon-tree-frog.jpg

canyon tree frog is the AZ version
View Quote

I believe that's it.  Thank you GD!  I will not have to call the exorcist or burn the house down.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Look at these pics, some of them are identical.  I think it's a canyon tree frog.  

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=canyon+tree+frog+inaturalist&va=g&t=hh&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
View Quote

If you do some Googling, the common toad you’ll see where you live, when it rains, are spadefoot toads and they are cool toxic boys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

If you do some Googling, the common toad you’ll see where you live, when it rains, are spadefoot toads and they are cool toxic boys.
View Quote

Is that the kind people lick to get high?  Not doing that BTW.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Like others that posted definitively a canyon tree frog. Really the only type of tree frog living in your area. Out of al the reptiles & amphibians I collected and kept over the years, tree frogs are my favorite. I had a few aquariums with them and if you shake a bag of crickets into it they will jump across  from one side to the other, catching the crickets before they even hit the ground. They will eat anything that moves that they can shove in their mouths. Great for eating local insects.

I first encountered them in Zion National Park. Had no idea tree frogs even inhabited the arid southwest.  Like another poster said, tree frogs are like spider man and can climb and stick to anything.

Easiest way to tell the difference from toads and regular frogs is that only tree frogs have the large suction cup like discs on their toes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:
Like others that posted definitively a canyon tree frog. Really the only type of tree frog living in your area. Out of al the reptiles & amphibians I collected and kept over the years, tree frogs are my favorite. I had a few aquariums with them and if you shake a bag of crickets into it they will jump across  from one side to the other, catching the crickets before they even hit the ground. They will eat anything that moves that they can shove in their mouths. Great for eating local insects.

I first encountered them in Zion National Park. Had no idea tree frogs even inhabited the arid southwest.  Like another poster said, tree frogs are like spider man and can climb and stick to anything.

Easiest way to tell the difference from toads and regular frogs is that only tree frogs have the large suction cup like discs on their toes.
View Quote

I have a seasonal meadow/wetland in my backyard, I'll bet that's where they live & breed.  I also hear frogs croaking sometimes at night.  I now wonder if something so small can make such a loud noise.  I will continue to spare them, when they invade my home.  I may, however, put screens over the sewer roof vents to keep them out.  The missus is still a bit freaked over the whole thing.

I thank GD for enlightening me about these interesting creatures!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:

View Quote

See my previous post.  They really hang on to the toilet when I remove them.  The porcelain is very smooth so they get a good grip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:48:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DasRonin] [#27]
Hillary's computer server room?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Get one of those motion cameras and point it at the toilet, see what comes up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Coworker got some chemicals splashed on his uniform and decided to go to our change room to get a shower.  After getting there, he decided to drop a deuce before hitting the shower.  The toilets in the change room didn’t get used very much and that chemical plant was infested with tree frogs.  About the time he sat down on the toilet, a tree frog was underneath the lid.  It hopped off the lid and latched on to his sack.  Having a cold, wet tree frog attach itself to that part of the body is a pretty good adrenaline rush apparently, because he jumped up and broke the stall door lock and one of the hinges.  When we went to change after our shift was over, sure enough, the door was hanging by one hinge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

That’s pretty funny. I can imagine that my response would have been the same if taking a shit suddenly turned into a tree frog playing Tarzan with my nutsack . Fuck all that .
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Yes, sticky.  When I pluck them off the toilet they cling like glue.
View Quote

Definitely tree frogs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:51:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bw77] [#32]
Not toads. Those are tree frogs.. . Climb up on the roof and cover the vent pipes with screen. They crawl down and into the toilets. Happens a lot here in FL.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Good God.  That's some nightmare fuel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top